PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Game is Battle Red

texanfan2002114
12-10-2007, 05:16 PM
I just wanted everyone to know if they already didn't know. According to houstontexans.com, the Texans will be in Battle Red for the nationally TV game!
:texflag: :texflag: :fans: :elmo: :rally: :sbad:

SO WEAR YOUR RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

powerfuldragon
12-10-2007, 05:18 PM
uh oh.

TEXANRED
12-10-2007, 05:30 PM
I just wanted everyone to know if they already didn't know. According to houstontexans.com, the Texans will be in Battle Red for the nationally TV game!
:texflag: :texflag: :fans: :elmo: :rally: :sbad:

SO WEAR YOUR RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They didn't promote that very well.

texanfan2002114
12-10-2007, 05:34 PM

They must have just made the decision because I was on there earlier and the website wasn't promoting it yet.

GuerillaBlack
12-10-2007, 05:56 PM
The decision was made when the schedule was announced. It was discussed many times on this forum. People were like "why are they going to have Battle Red games for the last two home games?".

TEXANS84
12-10-2007, 05:57 PM

The game tickets are red and also say "battle red". Pretty clear to me.

GuerillaBlack
12-10-2007, 05:58 PM
The website:

http://www.houstontexans.com/UserFiles/Image/battle-red-splash_01.jpg

YellerLotYeller
12-10-2007, 06:03 PM
I have a couple of questions....

1. What time do the parking lots open?
2. Should I plan to arrive early?
3. Is it going to be televised locally?(If so what channel on comcast?)

That is all.....

GlassHalfFull
12-10-2007, 06:06 PM

That is all.....

I can't wait to see all the answers you get. Talk about stirring the pot!!:stirpot:

4. What time is the game?

markn
12-10-2007, 06:15 PM

Ooh, ooh, I know this one: NFL Network and KTXH

ATX
12-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Who's that guy on the ticket?

run-david-run
12-10-2007, 06:24 PM
OD has some nice jazz-hands

imatexan
12-10-2007, 06:59 PM
The decision was made when the schedule was announced. It was discussed many times on this forum. People were like "why are they going to have Battle Red games for the last two home games?".

They are not having 2 battle red days/ The only Battle Red day is Thursday, they are wearing thier red uniforms against JAX but thats different. Ya I have known about this since they have released the schedule, where have yall been lol?

brakos82
12-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Seattle. 35 and for once not raining. It's not raining because it's 35.

PapaL
12-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Who's that guy on the ticket?

Our most notorious fumbler not protecting the ball yet again.

brakos82
12-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Our most notorious fumbler not protecting the ball yet again.

I thought he went to Carolina... :bat:

PapaL
12-10-2007, 07:38 PM
I thought he went to Carolina... :bat:

Your thinking of last years sack machine whom now sports Mickey Mouse gloves on the bench.

I'm talking about this years Big Catch Big Fumble.

brakos82
12-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Your thinking of last years sack machine whom now sports Mickey Mouse gloves on the bench.

Oh, that one.

GuerillaBlack
12-10-2007, 07:56 PM

That is all.....

Look at the image I posted.

GuerillaBlack
12-10-2007, 07:58 PM
They are not having 2 battle red days/ The only Battle Red day is Thursday, they are wearing thier red uniforms against JAX but thats different. Ya I have known about this since they have released the schedule, where have yall been lol?

It says Red Jerseys for both games: http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/Jerseycolors.asp

brakos82
12-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Oh, that one.

I just wanted to quote myself. :user:

DerekLee1
12-11-2007, 04:43 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/DerekLee1/PTTR_EMAILv3.gif

TexansLucky13
12-11-2007, 04:47 PM

OD is a beast.... I care not what you say!

TEXANS84
12-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Just got the battle red email, for more clarification.

Texans_Chick
12-11-2007, 10:09 PM
I got some additional information and hope to spread the word.

The Texans are encouraging people to show up early to beat the traffic. Parking lots will open at 3 for most folks.

They want us in our seats early so we look good on TV. :cool: So be sure to give people the bidness at the tailgates to get folks moving.

The player introductions will happen before the National Anthem because it is a nationally televised game. So you have to get there extry early to make sure that the players get a good intro.

Fountains in the Houston area will turn red in celebration of Battle Red Day. I kid you not.

Red lights will be turned on at Reliant Stadium. Yup. If anyone gets a good picture of this, let me know.

And wear red damnit. Don't be purple shirt guy who ruins the picture:

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/sports.aol.com/fanhouse/media/2006/10/battle-red-day-425.jpg

:texflag:

Buffi2
12-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Fountains in the Houston area will turn red in celebration of Battle Red Day. I kid you not.

Red lights will be turned on at Reliant Stadium. Yup. If anyone gets a good picture of this, let me know.

Now, how cool is that? I like the red fountain idea - pretty nifty.:splits:

GuerillaBlack
12-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Awesome. Wish I could be there for the game.

Texans_Chick
12-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Check out the HT.com splash page.

Andre Johnson in the picture is wearing red pants. Shiny red pants. And he is looking at you with a steely intensity that says, "Don't be making fun of my pants or I'll bust you in the mouth."

dtran04
12-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Any way to get a poster of that photo with Petey?

GuerillaBlack
12-11-2007, 10:32 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/UserFiles/Image/battle-red-splash6_01.jpg
http://www.houstontexans.com/UserFiles/Image/battle-red-splash6_02.jpg

Texans_Chick
12-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Any way to get a poster of that photo with Petey?

It used to be a screensaver at HT.com. Don't know if it still is.

valleytexfan
12-12-2007, 03:16 AM
WOW RED PANTS!!!!!! What do you guys think of that look? I think it'll look pretty darn cool:texflag:

PapaL
12-12-2007, 06:58 AM
I'm excitied for Battle Red Day - I just wish I knew at what time I should show up and what I should wear.

Are they wearing the Blue on Blue Uni's?

:sarcasm:

TEXANS84
12-12-2007, 08:36 AM
I also heard this morning on 1560 about the stadium lights going red. Thats pretty dang cool.

threetoedpete
12-12-2007, 08:46 AM
I'm sorry...that is an uuuuuuugly shade of red....they look like spent hygenic napkins.

Vinny
12-12-2007, 11:20 AM
I got some additional information and hope to spread the word.

The Texans are encouraging people to show up early to beat the traffic. Parking lots will open at 3 for most folks.

They want us in our seats early so we look good on TV. :cool: So be sure to give people the bidness at the tailgates to get folks moving.

The player introductions will happen before the National Anthem because it is a nationally televised game. So you have to get there extry early to make sure that the players get a good intro.

And wear red damnit. Don't be purple shirt guy who ruins the picture:

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/sports.aol.com/fanhouse/media/2006/10/battle-red-day-425.jpg

The game is also right on the backside of rush hour and on top of that it is Christmas season...so everyone should leave extra early methinks.

Texan_Bill
12-12-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm sorry...that is an uuuuuuugly shade of red....they look like spent hygenic napkins.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Historyhorn
12-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Red pants with red jersey is brutal. Go with the red jersey and the white pants. Classic look.

Go Texans

Speedy
12-12-2007, 11:55 AM
The game is also right on the backside of rush hour and on top of that it is Christmas season...so everyone should leave extra early methinks.

I just got an e-mail from the Texans saying the City of Houston wasn't allowing vehicles to line up on Kirby, Fannin or Main St on Thursday afternoon prior to the parking gates opening. Even though 2 sentences earlier in that paragraph it says "We anticipate heavy traffic on Thursday, so we are urging everyone to arrive as early as possible for Battle Red Day.

HUH???

tulexan
12-12-2007, 11:55 AM
I'd like to see us eventually go with white jerseys with red pants once.

Brandon420tx
12-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I just got an e-mail from the Texans saying the City of Houston wasn't allowing vehicles to line up on Kirby, Fannin or Main St on Thursday afternoon prior to the parking gates opening. Even though 2 sentences earlier in that paragraph it says "We anticipate heavy traffic on Thursday, so we are urging everyone to arrive as early as possible for Battle Red Day.

HUH???

I thought they were opening the gates a few hours earlier then anticipated. So unless you came REALLY early, it shouldn't be a problem.

Speedy
12-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Oh, BTW, red on red? Seriously? That'll be what now, our SIXTH uniform combination? No freaking identity in this organization.

Vinny
12-12-2007, 12:02 PM
I thought they were opening the gates a few hours earlier then anticipated. So unless you came REALLY early, it shouldn't be a problem.
I think the gates open at 3

12-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Oh, BTW, red on red? Seriously? That'll be what now, our SIXTH uniform combination? No freaking identity in this organization.

it's just a uniform.

SheTexan
12-12-2007, 01:26 PM

They'll establish an "identity" when they WIN!! It won't matter what they put on their bods!!!!

TexanSam
12-12-2007, 01:38 PM

I didn't know our jersey combination reflected our identity...

It's only a jersey...

Texans_Chick
12-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Red pants with red jersey is brutal. Go with the red jersey and the white pants. Classic look.

Go Texans

Amobi Okoye seems to like red on red.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/sports.aol.com/fanhouse/media/2007/06/amobi-okoye-houston-draft.jpg

The Texans are 4-2 on Battle Red Day.

This is despite being underdogs for all of those games.

There are actually studies that suggest that red is a color that improves athletic performance. Of course, the money used for that sort of study should go to curing cancer instead.

It's often frustrating as a fan that you can't do more to help your team. If they ask me to show up early and wear red, well then, that's what I'm gonna do.

Speedy
12-12-2007, 03:23 PM
it's just a uniform.They'll establish an "identity" when they WIN!! It won't matter what they put on their bods!!!!I didn't know our jersey combination reflected our identity...

It's only a jersey...

Oh, agreed, agreed, and AGREED!!!!

I'm just saying, when you see the Dallas Cowboys, you KNOW it's the Dallas Cowboys. Same for the Packers, Steelers, Bears, hell even the Dolphins, you know it's those teams. They're not constantly mixing and matching. Black tops/gold bottoms....THAT'S the Pittsburgh Steelers. They've been that way for years, they have the tradition. How do you build tradition when you're constantly changing? WTF, let's go red tops/blue bottoms and blue tops/red bottoms next year. I'm just saying it's tough for football fans watching those "fastest 3 minutes" highlights at halftime of MNF or whatever, to recognize/identify that that's the Texans when they're in umpteen different unis.

No doubt, I wouldn't care if they wore pink with purple stripes and yellow polka-dots if they are WINNING!!!

Just saying.

Texan_Bill
12-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Amobi Okoye seems to like red on red.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/sports.aol.com/fanhouse/media/2007/06/amobi-okoye-houston-draft.jpg

Poor Davey, he liked red on red too:

http://sports.espn.go.com/media/ncf/2001/0902/photo/a_carr_i.jpg

*ducks punches*

tulexan
12-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Oh, agreed, agreed, and AGREED!!!!

I'm just saying, when you see the Dallas Cowboys, you KNOW it's the Dallas Cowboys. Same for the Packers, Steelers, Bears, hell even the Dolphins, you know it's those teams. They're not constantly mixing and matching. Black tops/gold bottoms....THAT'S the Pittsburgh Steelers. They've been that way for years, they have the tradition. How do you build tradition when you're constantly changing? WTF, let's go red tops/blue bottoms and blue tops/red bottoms next year. I'm just saying it's tough for football fans watching those "fastest 3 minutes" highlights at halftime of MNF or whatever, to recognize/identify that that's the Texans when they're in umpteen different unis.

No doubt, I wouldn't care if they wore pink with purple stripes and yellow polka-dots if they are WINNING!!!

Just saying.

The colors are remaining the same. It's not like some games we have a red/white/blue color scheme and others we have a green/black/yellow color scheme.

Nawzer
12-12-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm not so sure on the whole red uniform. I liked the red and white combination a lot better than this. But a win is all I want tomorrow.

Texans_Chick
12-12-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm not so sure on the whole red uniform. I liked the red and white combination a lot better than this. But a win is all I want tomorrow.

All red is cool. :cool:
<<<<<<------------(see avatar for the week)----------------------

You know, something so wrong it's right. :texflag:

Buffi2
12-12-2007, 03:54 PM
All red makes a Serious Battle Red statement. I like it. Looks like a don't mess with me kind of uniform.:fans:

Specnatz
12-12-2007, 04:01 PM
All red is cool. :cool:
<<<<<<------------(see avatar for the week)----------------------

You know, something so wrong it's right. :texflag:

Yeah but good looking women pull it off better than us ugly guys.

Mr. White
12-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Anyone else see any irony that Halliburton is the sponsor of Battle Red Day? I wonder if they put in a bid to be the sponsor.

Red lights, red fountain, red uniforms....this is gonna look either really good or really bad on TV. I'm sure it'll look really cool in person.

Great call by the marketing department.

Double Barrel
12-12-2007, 04:44 PM

Something about consistency comes to mind, as well as tradition. We have always lacked in both areas.

This is nothing more than a marketing ploy to sell more merchandise.

I agree with you about the traditions of winning teams. I don't think the Steelers have six different uniform combos in their entire history, much less within one freakin' season.

it's just a uniform.

It's just a game, too. :howdy:

I've never been a fan of the 'battle red' unis. Red is not one of our primary colors, but rather an accent color. But whatever, I'm just a fan of football and not so much on marketing schemes designed to make the team more money.

Rah rah rah, show your spirit. Can we have a winning season now?

That being said, I spent $15 on a D. Davis battle red jersey to get with the program. Mainly because it's primetime and I do want H-town to represent.

Otherwise, I'll leave the fashion tips to those that desire to be fashion designers. That would not be me.

Texan_Bill
12-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Red lights, red fountain, red uniforms....this is gonna look either really good or really bad on TV. I'm sure it'll look really cool in person.

I'm kinda curious about that too... I hope it doesn't translate to some 'Carrie' scene on national television...

Kaiser Toro
12-12-2007, 04:52 PM
I will be stepping out my anti-lemming comfort zone tomorrow night and representing the Battle dressed in Red. :texflag:

BullPenPhotos
12-12-2007, 04:59 PM
As long as we get the stands to look like the photo at this link it will be good...
Battle Red Panorama (http://www.texansbullpen.com/04photogallery/Season/2004-10-31-Jacksonville-Houston/Panorama.jpg)

nero THE zero
12-12-2007, 05:01 PM
As long as we get the stands to look like the photo at this link it will be good...
Battle Red Panorama (http://www.texansbullpen.com/04photogallery/Season/2004-10-31-Jacksonville-Houston/Panorama.jpg)

It'd be nice to see the stadium that full again.

TxDavid
12-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Custom Battle Red Jersey..........Check
Game Day Tickets.....................Check
Red Face Paint..........................Check
Red Pants (a hard find btw).......Check
Red Hat, Red Shoes, Red Socks.......Check, Check, Check.
Battle Red Attitude....................Check.

I'm ready! :fans: :fans: :fans:

threetoedpete
12-12-2007, 05:51 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

LOL. Look I'm not the fashion police or that light in the loafers guy who talks about the women's dresses on the oscar red carpet...boodrow or cudrow...what ever...but there is way too much orange in that red. I mean the biggest fashion satement I make is putting on a yellow sweater with a tweed jacket in the winter time. But that isn't a good shade of red. It's not menacing, not prety. I mean it takes some doing to make Andre Johnson look bad. Just way too much orange in that red.