PDA

View Full Version : Ron Dayne told me no (and I got my head smashed)

Yankee_In_TX
12-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Does anyone know if there's a team policy (official or not) about post game autographs? Ron Dayne denied me again today :( Last time I was further away, and he kinda' motioned like I have to get closer.

Today (thanks to those who let me in their section!!) I went to the corner by the tunnel, and he shrugged me off....? Kinda' of a thanks but no thanks?

Shortly thereafter, Demeco threw his golves up, and someone literally landed on my head diving for them, chipped paint off my horns!

Tedc
12-10-2007, 05:02 AM
Shortly thereafter, Demeco threw his golves up, and someone literally landed on my head diving for them, chipped paint off my horns!

Uh-Oh! Better get Maaco!

The Great Dayne probably saw a turkey leg at the end of the tunnel.

Texans34Life
12-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Why do you need Ron Dayne's autograph? He's washed up and sucks.

You should of went for Darius Walker's.

Texan_Bill
12-10-2007, 07:36 AM
Uh-Oh! Better get Maaco!

The Great Dayne probably saw a turkey leg at the end of the tunnel.

Nice Ted!!!

Yankee_In_TX
12-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Why do you need Ron Dayne's autograph? He's washed up and sucks.

You should of went for Darius Walker's.

Because I have a Heisman collection. Last I checked, Walker didn't win that :) (I had a WI mini-helmet, which I am starting to regret having bought!)

HOU-TEX
12-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Because I have a Heisman collection. Last I checked, Walker didn't win that :) (I had a WI mini-helmet, which I am starting to regret having bought!)

Next time stick a couple of quarter pounders on the ends of your horns. He'd definetely hook you up. Keep your distance though, you could lose a limb or get saturated with saliva.

:specnatz:

hookinreds
12-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Does anyone know if there's a team policy (official or not) about post game autographs? Ron Dayne denied me again today :( Last time I was further away, and he kinda' motioned like I have to get closer.

Today (thanks to those who let me in their section!!) I went to the corner by the tunnel, and he shrugged me off....? Kinda' of a thanks but no thanks?

Maybe it had something to do with that Farrah Fawcett tank top you were wearing. :shades:

powerfuldragon
12-10-2007, 01:15 PM
the thread title was misleading... i thought you asked him for one of his cheeseburgers or something.

Yankee_In_TX
12-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Maybe it had something to do with that Farrah Fawcett tank top you were wearing. :shades:

IDGI.

LMAO @ PD, rep for that if it will let me. Sorry to be misleading!

Ckw
12-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Hey where did you go to get autographs? Anyone have suggestions?

Yankee_In_TX
12-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Hey where did you go to get autographs? Anyone have suggestions?

The ONLY time I've seen players give autographs on Game Day is near their tunnel, during pre game warm ups (about 2.5 hours before the game until 45 mins before the game).

hookinreds
12-10-2007, 01:21 PM
IDGI.

Ya know...it didn't read as funny as I pictured it when typing. Just illustrating some nutjob in the stands with a 35 year old Farrah tank top that has now shrunk into a half shirt kind of thing. Yea...pretty lame. Carry on, nothing to see here folks.

Tedc
12-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Carry on, nothing to see here folks.

It is like a train wreck...hard to look away....must try.....

Okay, I will give you "nut job". We all seem to have a few screws loose and Yankee may be guilty of needing just a few tightened but don't add years to his life. He probably doesn't even know who Farah is.

Why are you imagining Yankee in an orange Farah Fawcett tank top?? (not that there is anything wrong with it)

brakos82
12-10-2007, 08:00 PM
IDGI.

What the $&*@ does that mean?!

Yankee_In_TX
12-10-2007, 08:05 PM
What the $&*@ does that mean?!

I Don't Get It.

Worst thread ever, LOL.

http://media.canada.com/1785a528-bef3-4f04-af39-9312146bfd98/farrah.jpg

Tedc
12-10-2007, 08:09 PM
I Don't Get It.

Worst thread ever, LOL.

Now it is. Some of us live in the past and we want to stay there.

Tedc
12-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I was going to say that I think I just threw up a little but now I know I have.

brakos82
12-10-2007, 08:23 PM
:drunk:

Yankee_In_TX
12-10-2007, 08:26 PM
I was going to say that I think I just threw up a little but now I know I have.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/377744328_7241c21961.jpg

Sorry :angel

axman40
12-10-2007, 08:34 PM
I remeber this poster.

http://www.cybertown.com/farrah.jpg
:fans:

hookinreds
12-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I remeber this poster.

http://www.cybertown.com/farrah.jpg
:fans:

THAT'S THE ONE!!! Got that one from my grandfather for my birthday the year that came out.

tedc...I never said anything about an "orange" tank top, keep your imagination out of mine.

Dread-Head
12-10-2007, 11:47 PM
I Don't Get It.

Worst thread ever, LOL.

The REAL tragedy about Farrah? She refuses to wear EITHER make up... OR A BRA! Ewwwwwwwww! Dude this wasn't the "worst thread ever" until ya posted that Farrah pic.

It's NOT PEANUTBUTTER JELLY TIME! I think I'm gonna be sick.
:gun:

Dread-Head
12-10-2007, 11:51 PM
THAT'S THE ONE!!! Got that one from my grandfather for my birthday the year that came out.

tedc...I never said anything about an "orange" tank top, keep your imagination out of mine.

Sorry baby, I can't fondly remember the past now that someone has shown me a stark present day...
:cry2:

Tedc
12-11-2007, 05:57 AM

That was the only one I knew of until Yankee posted that......thing. Were you imagining him in her black tank top?

Texan_Bill
12-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Y'all have totally lost me on the direction this thread has taken..

On second thought, thats probably not a bad thing!!!!!

Andrew6
12-11-2007, 09:10 AM
I got Darius Walkers autograph during the Texans all access at the beginning of the year. I don't remember Ron Dayne being there. I have a guy I work with I'm trying to get to get me field passes for the Broncos game. If you want Yankee I'll see if I can get an extra one so you can get his autograph.

StarStruck
12-11-2007, 09:12 AM
I am also curious on when and from whom a fan can get a free autograph. I know that many of the more famous athletes are under contract to certain sports agencies where autographs come at a cost and is split between the agency and the athlete. I'm glad I got Romo's before he became famous.

Yankee_In_TX
12-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I got Darius Walkers autograph during the Texans all access at the beginning of the year. I don't remember Ron Dayne being there. I have a guy I work with I'm trying to get to get me field passes for the Broncos game. If you want Yankee I'll see if I can get an extra one so you can get his autograph.

Thanks, but you're not allowed to bother the players when you're on the field, big "no-no." (but you'll have a blast if you get to go!)

Yankee_In_TX
12-11-2007, 09:32 AM
I am also curious on when and from whom a fan can get a free autograph. I know that many of the more famous athletes are under contract to certain sports agencies where autographs come at a cost and is split between the agency and the athlete. I'm glad I got Romo's before he became famous.

The BEST times/place:

Training Camp
Special Appearances (Verizon, Academy, etc.)
Draft Day
All Access Day
Radio Shows (several players have weekly shows that air from bars around town)

Unfortunately, it's harder when you want a specific player...

Mr. White
12-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Sounds like Ron Dayne thinks he's LaDainian Tomlinson nowadays.

Andrew6
12-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks, but you're not allowed to bother the players when you're on the field, big "no-no." (but you'll have a blast if you get to go!)

thats good to know. Guy from work is a big Dallas fan so he's giving me crap about wanting field passes.