PDA

View Full Version : Andre Johnson ties his own record

TexansSeminole
12-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Get this:

In only 6 games without David Carr, Andre Johnson has managed to catch his 6th touchdown of the season.

That ties his career high for a season of 6 he had in 2004.

Last year he only had 5 touchdowns and he started all 16 games, of course.

He also has his highest yards per catch average on a season with 15 YPC.

Oh yea, and he had his longest career catch of 77 yards this season.

brakos82
12-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Amazing what happens when you get rid of the Sackinator.

austintexanite
12-09-2007, 06:06 PM
:whip: :cowboy1: :texflag:

tulexan
12-09-2007, 07:20 PM
It's amazing that 6 touchdowns is the most a talent like Andre Johnson has ever scored in a season.

TexansSeminole
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
I'd also like to add that Andre Johnson is my favorite player in the Texans short history, hands down. He is probably one of the Top 5 receivers in this league and for the first few years of his career he had a pretty bad situation to work with. He has remained a nice guy; he has never turned into an jerk, even for one minute. He competes and plays 100% at every opportunity he is given. The guy deserves an award named after him that is given to a Texan every year. He is exactly what you look for in a football player.

Maddict5
12-09-2007, 07:43 PM
It's amazing that 6 touchdowns is the most a talent like Andre Johnson has ever scored in a season.

david carr is an amazing qb in that respect.. ask steve smith

Maddict5
12-09-2007, 07:45 PM
i loled at andre's quote after the game. he was asked about the denver game (i think) and he said something along the lines of: 'of course its huge we've a chance to go 7-7 and become a winner.. i mean, usually at this time we have 3 wins'

depressingly funny if you watch it

SA Texan
12-09-2007, 08:03 PM
AJ is just a beast. Imagine what his numbers would have looked like if he hadn't of gotten hurt and missed so many games this year.

PapaL
12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
i loled at andre's quote after the game. he was asked about the denver game (i think) and he said something along the lines of: 'of course its huge we've a chance to go 7-7 and become a winner.. i mean, usually at this time we have 3 wins'

depressingly funny if you watch it

Someone needs to give AJ some rep for that comment. (Except that 7-7 isn't a winner, it's not being a loser) None the less - Rep for AJ.