PDA

View Full Version : Is the media is smarter than we think?

gtexan02
12-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Prior to the season, we heard the following concerns:

#1) Ahman Green is injury prone

#2) Matt Schaub is unproven

#3) The Texans OL still sucks

#4) The Texans were the worst team in the AFC South

#5) The Texans were projected to win between 5 and 6 games

Everyone exploded. Things like, "Green is in the best shape of his life!" and "The OL was only DCs fault!" and "The titans are way worse than we are and the Jags are overrated"

Well, now that we're sitting at 5-7, maybe the media seems a little smarter in hindsight...

As Texans fans we can complain all we want aobut how much ESPN critiques us and says "OL" every year as our biggest flaw. But, seriously, IT IS! If you want love in the media, you have to earn it. And ignoring our biggest problem year in and year out is not going to get us there

Thorn
12-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Predictions are easy if they come true. Myself, I don't pay a whole lot to the media these days. I've pretty much stopped watching the pre game shows as well. The only thing about the media I miss is HBO's weekly NFL show. I gave up those premium channels because they weren't worth it.

Wolf
12-09-2007, 11:30 AM
media also said RB was "once in a generation" back

Thorn
12-09-2007, 11:33 AM

Exactly. LOL

Wolf
12-09-2007, 11:33 AM
would this team still be sitting at 5 wins IF we didn't have the injuries that we had?

If Green and AJ would have stayed healthy and d-rob stayed healthy along with everyone else..

I would like to think with luck(no injuries) this team would be in the middle of the playoff picture and with a few more w's

Thorn
12-09-2007, 11:35 AM
without all the injuries we would, IMO, have broken the 500 mark for the first time. I don't know about the playoffs though, but we would certainly have been making more noise.

threetoedpete
12-09-2007, 12:00 PM

#1) Ahman Green is injury prone

#2) Matt Schaub is unproven

#3) The Texans OL still sucks

#5) The Texans were projected to win between 5 and 6 games

Everyone exploded. Things like, "Green is in the best shape of his life!" and "The OL was only DCs fault!" and "The titans are way worse than we are and the Jags are overrated"

Well, now that we're sitting at 5-7, maybe the media seems a little smarter in hindsight...

As Texans fans we can complain all we want aobut how much ESPN critiques us and says "OL" every year as our biggest flaw. But, seriously, IT IS! If you want love in the media, you have to earn it. And ignoring our biggest problem year in and year out is not going to get us there

Funny, I'm not a professional reporter and I don't play one on
TV. However I resemble those remarks. Maybe Mr. McNair should pay me ?

:whip: :drive:

GP
12-09-2007, 04:21 PM

You don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

They missed the Reggie Bush prediction....

But they nailed all the points listed (about the Texans).

We need less Kool Aid drinking and more unbiased analysis from Texans fans around here: Sage Rosenfels just schooled Matt Schaub. Period.

And that's just on the mechanics of being a starting QB from the opening kickoff to the final whistle of the game. Let's also be mindful of Sage's ability to stay upright and healthy...even behind an patchwork oline, like he did today.

Go ahead and bring on the heat. I know you're ready with the standard replies of "Sage is nothing more than a backup," and blah-blah-blah. Go ahead and throw some personal attacks in there, too, while you're at it.

Sage won you a game today, and he's almost beaten the Titans several times when the rest of the team needed shock therapy to get into the game and help him out a little. The guy is growing, and he's going to be starting somewhere next season.

TexansSeminole
12-09-2007, 04:23 PM

We need less Kool Aid drinking and more unbiased analysis from Texans fans around here: Sage Rosenfels just schooled Matt Schaub. Period.

And that's just on the mechanics of being a starting QB from the opening kickoff to the final whistle of the game. Let's also be mindful of Sage's ability to stay upright and healthy...even behind an patchwork oline, like he did today.

Go ahead and bring on the heat. I know you're ready with the standard replies of "Sage is nothing more than a backup," and blah-blah-blah. Go ahead and throw some personal attacks in there, too, while you're at it.

Sage won you a game today, and he's almost beaten the Titans several times when the rest of the team needed shock therapy to get into the game and help him out a little. The guy is growing, and he's going to be starting somewhere next season.

I think the guy needs to have a couple of games like that before you can start talking about how he should be starting over Schaub. That is what you are getting at right?

Wolf
12-09-2007, 04:27 PM

you also missed my other post... I for one think the Media wouldn't be so "right" if it weren't for the injuries.. no one can predict that.

I think we'd be sitting at 7-6 or 8-5 if it weren't for AJ and crew getting injured... and with AJ and AG healthy along with our OL ....we wouldn't be looking so bad
does that mean we wouldn't need an upgrade on OL still? no, we still would need that because we are not a superbowl caliber team talentwise, but injuries happen and like all teams, we have to play through them

about neglecting the OL... yes this team hasn't spent a 1st rounder on OL, but to say the Texans haven't tried to get OL (without breaking the bank)..one would need more research.. who was to know that Weary,White,Mckinney,Spencer would go out with injuries

along the way of this franchise of poor drafting (milford brown,boselli,seth wand, ryan young, etc etc)

Wolf
12-09-2007, 04:34 PM
I think the guy needs to have a couple of games like that before you can start talking about how he should be starting over Schaub. That is what you are getting at right?

I can't speak for GP.. our QB's have look good but if we take a step back from the Texans and look at the NFL... what was good? all we had look at (Texan viewpoint) is Charlie Banks,Dave Ragone and David Carr.. now we are looking at Schaub and Sage..

GuerillaBlack
12-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I can't speak for GP.. our QB's have look good but if we take a step back from the Texans and look at the NFL... what was good? all we had look at (Texan viewpoint) is Charlie Banks,Dave Ragone and David Carr.. now we are looking at Schaub and Sage..

Who is Charlie Banks?

Maddict5
12-09-2007, 04:38 PM

lol its alright- nobody will bring on the heat- they see your agenda and your biased perspective (missed all of sages fumbles and ints but just saw schaubs??)

sage is a good qb and i wont dog anybody on our team when they're playing decent and helping the team (maybe you should take some of that advice) but il trust kubiak.. the guy knows a bit more about qbs than me or you

i guess some people need something to b1tch about since the usual targets either played well today or injured right now

and the media missed quite a bit about the texans:
mario's a bust
we have no #2 wr- just a bunch of scrubs
weavers an emerging young d-lineman (2 yrs ago) etc

Wolf
12-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Who is Charlie Banks?

LOL Tony banks... some reason I get charlie batch and tony banks all messed up LOL
:gun:

Hardcore Texan
12-09-2007, 04:40 PM

Our OL, while patchwork, did a nice job run-blocking today and gave Sage enough time to unload the ball. Sage did a great job.

But if you want to know who one the game, look no further than the DEFENSE.

HoustonFrog
12-09-2007, 04:44 PM

Speaking of kool-aid. What are you smoking? Schaub had MULTIPLE games like this during the year but you were too busy picking them apart and saying he needs to sop fumbling or throwing bad picks...just like Sage did today. If anyone needs to open their eyes its you. Sage played a good game but wasn't without mistake. Just like Schaub had all season without his main weapon. This stuff gets so tiring. So you find fault with one guy despite his stats yet ignore anothers despite his stats. I see where you are coming from and I need to bend over to get there.

brakos82
12-09-2007, 04:46 PM
The title of this thread makes no sense. :cowboy1:

Texanmike02
12-09-2007, 05:33 PM

Sage is what he is. He's a good backup but not much more. When we win you overlook the ill advised throws that he made (really only two for him today) and the fumble that was all on him (the second one). Schaub hasn't had the benefit of Johnson most of the time he's been in the game and our running game was pretty bad until the last 3 or 4 games. I'm not sure Schaub is the answer, I was to be honest expecting more but lets remember he's seeing his first action as the starter.

Sage is IMHO Cody Carlson. He doesn't have all of the physical tools but he has the leadership to rally the troops. He does however, turn the ball over too much. Don't forget that while he threw 4 TDs against the Titans, he turned the ball over 3 or 4 times to get us in the position to need the comeback in the first place.

I said 6-10 before the season, then changed to 7-9 mid preseason. I'll stick by 7-9. Oh as for the media, I don't know how you could have been mad at them to start the year. AG was a 30 year old running back and we know their history. Spencer was a pipe dream and we were finding that out as training camp wore on. Jacksonville was obviously better than we were. As for Tenn, the difference there is coaching I think. We have a 2nd year HC who is still learning to keep the team from shooting themselves in the foot. I think that's the difference between us and Tenn.

Mike

Texanmike02
12-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Our OL, while patchwork, did a nice job run-blocking today and gave Sage enough time to unload the ball.

[/B].

Our run blocking was below average today and Salam got abused.

Mike

TD
12-09-2007, 05:37 PM

I think that could be said about over 1/2 the teams in the other divisions if they were in the south. Considering we're 0-4 in division and 3-2 against the rest of the AFC, I really believe if we were in any other division, we'd be sitting at 7-6 right now, if not 8-5, and fighting for a playoff spot.

austintexanite
12-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Hit or miss, they all thought the Aints were going to be a contender this year.

Mr PC
12-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Sage is what he is. He's a good backup but not much more.
He has a 2-0 record as starting QB for the Texans, so Id say he is a bit more than just a good back up. He is a guy who has been proven effective as a starter in this offense.

When we win you overlook the ill advised throws that he made (really only two for him today) and the fumble that was all on him (the second one). Schaub hasn't had the benefit of Johnson most of the time he's been in the game and our running game was pretty bad until the last 3 or 4 games. I'm not sure Schaub is the answer, I was to be honest expecting more but lets remember he's seeing his first action as the starter.
Sage made some mistakes, he is not perfect. But he completed 75% of his passes and threw for 3 TDs and no INT. Cant ask for much more than that.

Sage is IMHO Cody Carlson. He doesn't have all of the physical tools but he has the leadership to rally the troops. He does however, turn the ball over too much. Don't forget that while he threw 4 TDs against the Titans, he turned the ball over 3 or 4 times to get us in the position to need the comeback in the first place.
What physical tools does Schaub have that Sage doesnt? As for turnovers, which QB do you think turns the ball over more? Here are the stats for this season:

Matt Schaub: 9 TD, 9 INT, has fumbled 7 times.
Sage Rosenfels: 11 TD, 7 INT, has fumbled 4 times.

I hear this a lot: Sage is a good back up but not a starter like Schaub. What exactly is this assesment based upon? Cant be on field performance, so what is it?

TexansSeminole
12-09-2007, 05:59 PM
What physical tools does Schaub have that Sage doesnt? As for turnovers, which QB do you think turns the ball over more? Here are the stats for this season:

I hear this a lot: Sage is a good back up but not a starter like Schaub. What exactly is this assesment based upon? Cant be on field performance, so what is it?

I see your point in using these stats but they are incomplete without taking into account how many attempts per quarterback. Rosenfels has 159 attempts this year and Schaub has 289 attempts. Schaub has thrown 1.8 times as many passes. That's almost twice as many. Alot more dropbacks to look at with Schaub. I think it's fair to say that it is a important factor when comparing fumbles.

Maddict5
12-09-2007, 06:07 PM
He has a 2-0 record as starting QB for the Texans, so Id say he is a bit more than just a good back up. He is a guy who has been proven effective as a starter in this offense.

this is ridiculous.. guys are manipulating stats

i bet schaub wishes he could play against the raiders and the garcia-less bucs.. esp when our D comes to play- im not going to badmouth sage or make it schaub v sage cos they're both texans that have done a good job for us but i think its obvious schaub is the guy we have to build around

Errant Hothy
12-09-2007, 06:08 PM
I love how nobody seems to remember that Sage was given a chance to be a starter in the NFL, and I love that how all the "Start Sage" bandwagoners fail to remember just how bad Sage looked when he was a starter.

Sage may very well be one of the best back-ups in the NFL, but looking over his career that is all he is. With Schaub's inabaility to stay healthy this year, Sage could very well be the Texans MVP, but as the named starter of Schaub, sorry but no. Let us not forget that Schaub, going by number of starts, is still pretty much a rookie QB (I don't believe there is any subsitution of regular season game time in the NFL, no mater how long you ride the bench / practice no of it maters till you get in a game).

Mr PC
12-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I love how nobody seems to remember that Sage was given a chance to be a starter in the NFL, and I love that how all the "Start Sage" bandwagoners fail to remember just how bad Sage looked when he was a starter.

Sage started 2 games for the Dolphins. He lost both games. Schaub started 2 games for the Falcons, he also lost both games. These are the only starts either QB has had, outside of this season for the Texans. So your comparison completely fails because Sage and Schaub had the exact same record as starting QBs in the NFL before this season started.

TexansSeminole
12-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Sage started 2 games for the Dolphins. He lost both games. Schaub started 2 games for the Falcons, he also lost both games. These are the only starts either QB has had, outside of this season for the Texans. So your comparison completely fails because Sage and Schaub had the exact same record as starting QBs in the NFL before this season started.

You can't just go by record here. By your logic, Vince Young has been a great QB for the Titans as he as a winning record as a starting QB.

Texanmike02
12-09-2007, 06:16 PM

Sage made some mistakes, he is not perfect. But he completed 75% of his passes and threw for 3 TDs and no INT. Cant ask for much more than that.

Give me a break. Sage has has Andre in half of his starts. Matt hasn't. Sage is in his 2nd year in this offense. Matt isn't. Sage has beaten a slightly above average team without their starter and oakland. Most of Sage's play is against teams that prepare for Schaub not Sage.

If you really want to break down numbers we can but the bottom line is Sage had the BEST GAME of his career today. Fortunately the Bucs dropped 2 INTs today or we'd be talking about how Sage looked good except for his untimely poor decisions with the ball.

Mike

Texanmike02
12-09-2007, 06:17 PM

Sage may very well be one of the best back-ups in the NFL, but looking over his career that is all he is. With Schaub's inabaility to stay healthy this year, Sage could very well be the Texans MVP, but as the named starter of Schaub, sorry but no. Let us not forget that Schaub, going by number of starts, is still pretty much a rookie QB (I don't believe there is any subsitution of regular season game time in the NFL, no mater how long you ride the bench / practice no of it maters till you get in a game).

Shhh.

Why let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

Mike

Mr PC
12-09-2007, 06:18 PM
You can't just go by record here. By your logic, Vince Young has been a great QB for the Titans as he as a winning record as a starting QB.

I think my point is that you cant judge a quarterback based on 2 games, which is what people seem to be doing. In his entire career Sage has only lost 2 games as a starting QB and that was years ago when he was playing for a crappy Dolphins team. This should not be interpreted as proof that he is incapable of playing well as a starer, especially when you consider how he has played for this organization, Im talking about in last year's preseason, last regular season, this year's preason, and this year's regular season. Sage has been money for us ever since he got here. I know he's got some flaws but the kid can play and is productive in this offense.

Texanmike02
12-09-2007, 06:21 PM
I think my point is that you cant judge a quarterback based on 2 games, which is what people seem to be doing. In his entire career Sage has only lost 2 games as a starting QB and that was years ago when he was playing for a crappy Dolphins team. This should not be interpreted as proof that he is incapable of playing well as a starer, especially when you consider how he has played for this organization, Im talking about in last year's preseason, last regular season, this year's preason, and this year's regular season. Sage has been money for us ever since he got here. I know he's got some flaws but the kid can play and is productive in this offense.

He couldn't beat out JAY FIEDLER!!!!

Mike

TexansSeminole
12-09-2007, 06:23 PM

My argument isn't that he can't play well as a starter but that Schaub is a better QB for the present and the future.

Mr PC
12-09-2007, 06:25 PM
He couldn't beat out JAY FIEDLER!!!!

Mike

He couldnt beat out David Carr either. But was that his fault or the coaches fault? Sage looked better in preseason than Carr did, and he also looked better in the regular season than Carr. Still the coaching staff stood by David. I dont consider that any sort of comment on Sage's ability.

TexansSeminole
12-09-2007, 06:30 PM
He couldnt beat out David Carr either. But was that his fault or the coaches fault? Sage looked better in preseason than Carr did, and he also looked better in the regular season than Carr. Still the coaching staff stood by David. I dont consider that any sort of comment on Sage's ability.

Pretty sure that loyalty shown to Carr was Kubiak proving to McNair that Carr wasn't going to be successful no matter who he had coaching. Showing McNair Carr's inability to work in Kubiak's system was key to our getting rid of one of the biggest problems the Texans ever had.

Errant Hothy
12-09-2007, 06:32 PM

I think there is difference in those situations that in the case in Miami there was truly an open ocmpetition between Jay and Sage, while here in Houston we all know that David was going to be the guy that year.

Goldensilence
12-09-2007, 06:34 PM

word.

Mr PC
12-09-2007, 06:42 PM
I think there is difference in those situations that in the case in Miami there was truly an open ocmpetition between Jay and Sage, while here in Houston we all know that David was going to be the guy that year.

Still, you are basically suggesting that because the Miami Dolphins made on opinion about Sage's ability we should just blindly accept it. Sage is a much better QB than anybody in Miami right now if you ask me. So its pretty clear that they messed up. The Dolphins dont know how to evaluate QB talent, the last good QB that francise had was 25 years ago when they drafted Marino. They passed on Brees and Brady Quinn and God knows how many other players. Why the heck would you even bother to consider their assessment regarding our QB?

Errant Hothy
12-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Still, you are basically suggesting that because the Miami Dolphins made on opinion about Sage's ability we should just blindly accept it. Sage is a much better QB than anybody in Miami right now if you ask me. So its pretty clear that they messed up. The Dolphins dont know how to evaluate QB talent, the last good QB that francise had was 25 years ago when they drafted Marino. They passed on Brees and Brady Quinn and God knows how many other players. Why the heck would you even bother to consider their assessment regarding our QB?

Beck is better then Sage, and he's a rookie. Passing on a QB with an injured throwing shoulder...sorry I'm not going to hold that against anybody. I agree that Sage is better then Brady Quinn, but that's because I think Quinn is one of the most overrated QBS to enter the NFL since Eli Manning; and I think both of those guys will always suck.

It was not just the Dolphins who psssed on Sage as a starter or even a backup. There were several jobs open that offseason, sage got none; in fact the only job he got was as back-up for the worst team in the NFL.

Mr PC
12-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Beck is better then Sage, and he's a rookie. Passing on a QB with an injured throwing shoulder...sorry I'm not going to hold that against anybody. I agree that Sage is better then Brady Quinn, but that's because I think Quinn is one of the most overrated QBS to enter the NFL since Eli Manning; and I think both of those guys will always suck.

It was not just the Dolphins who psssed on Sage as a starter or even a backup. There were several jobs open that offseason, sage got none; in fact the only job he got was as back-up for the worst team in the NFL.

Taking a job as a backup behind David Carr was a smart move for Sage. Most of us knew by that point that Carr's days were numbered as the starter in Houston. Sage came to a team with a system that he can flourish under. Look at what he has done with the Texans team ever since he got here, the man has been good. Just because another team didnt sign him does not mean he cant play. This is a straw man arguement.

And the Dolphins suck at evaluating QBs. A quarter of a century ago they drafted a great QB, although Im sure nobody with the organization is still remaining from 1983. The Dolphins QB situation is a mess, I would never take QB advice from that team. You want to do that go ahead, I prefer to judge Texan players based on how they play for the Houston Texans.

gtexan02
12-09-2007, 07:04 PM
lol, how ironic was it to post this on the day that MW goes off for his 6th sack in 5 games, while VY loses and Bush doesnt do squat...again

buddyboy
12-09-2007, 07:07 PM

You say your point is you cant judge a quarterback based on 2 games, "which is what people seem to be doing", yet you keep spouting on and on how Sage is 2-0 as the Texans starter. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Basing your opinion on a QB on, yes, that's it...TWO. GAMES. Hypocricy!

Errant Hothy
12-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Is the media smarter then we think?

Yes, but mainly because most of us here think the media as a whole is failry stupid. Once you get past teh Skip Bayless's and Dick Justice's of the world there are some suprising smart people in the media.

Mr PC
12-09-2007, 07:09 PM
You say your point is you cant judge a quarterback based on 2 games, "which is what people seem to be doing", yet you keep spouting on and on how Sage is 2-0 as the Texans starter. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Basing your opinion on a QB on, yes, that's it...TWO. GAMES. Hypocricy!

false. You quoted my post but apparently you did not read it. Here it is again, take a better look this time.

"when you consider how he has played for this organization, Im talking about in last year's preseason, last regular season, this year's preason, and this year's regular season. Sage has been money for us ever since he got here. I know he's got some flaws but the kid can play and is productive in this offense.

spurstexanstros
12-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Outside of Michael Smith of Espn.... no

Errant Hothy
12-09-2007, 07:41 PM
false. You quoted my post but apparently you did not read it. Here it is again, take a better look this time.

C'mon, preseason means nothing and you know it. David Carr even lights it up on occasion in a preseason game.

Mr PC
12-09-2007, 07:48 PM
C'mon, preseason means nothing and you know it. David Carr even lights it up on occasion in a preseason game.

Actually I remember Sage showing up Carr in the preseason.

gtexan02
12-09-2007, 07:50 PM

Sage has played well enough to be considered productive in this offense

BUT, the presason is worthless. Look at JJ

TexansSeminole
12-09-2007, 07:51 PM

Dude. The preseason? What kind of argument?

Mr PC
12-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Sage has played well enough to be considered productive in this offense

BUT, the presason is worthless. Look at JJ

Preseason is preseason. Its not the regular season, its not worthless either. Its a time when teams get to take a look at their second string players and evaluate what they are capable of. A lot of second string players dont get much time during the regular season, and the best look you get at them is during preseason. Sage performed in preseason almost exactly the way he has performed during the regular season. In 2006 Sage had a regular season QB rating of 103.0 for the Texans. So far in 2007 he has a QB rating of 91.3 for the Texans. Combining what he has done in 2 regular seasons and 2 preseasons is how I formulated my opinion on his play. This seems to me the only reasonable way that one can appraise his ability.

Mr PC
12-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Dude. The preseason? What kind of argument?

It basically boils down to this: Although he has only seen limited action, Sage has played well in Houston for 2 preseasons and 2 regular seasons. You can base your opinion about him from this sample size, or you can choose to ignore it and instead make up your opinion based on two games he played with the Dolphins 4 years ago.

Sage has looked good with the Texans offense, in preseason AND in the regular season. He moves the chains, airs it out, and can score inside the redzone. He also makes too many mistakes with the ball, but still usually finds a way to give his team a chance to win the game. He is undefeated as a starting QB for the Texans. Thats all I have to go on, and I think he has done everything we could ask and more. I dont think he is a HOF quarterback or anything, but I do think he has what it takes to be a capable starter for this team.

TexansSeminole
12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
It basically boils down to this: Although he has only seen limited action, Sage has played well in Houston for 2 preseasons and 2 regular seasons. You can base your opinion about him from this sample size, or you can choose to ignore it and instead make up your opinion based on two games he played with the Dolphins 4 years ago.

Sage has looked good with the Texans offense, in preseason AND in the regular season. He moves the chains, airs it out, and can score inside the redzone. He also makes too many mistakes with the ball, but still usually finds a way to give his team a chance to win the game. He is undefeated as a starting QB for the Texans. Thats all I have to go on, and I think he has done everything we could ask and more. I dont think he is a HOF quarterback or anything, but I do think he has what it takes to be a capable starter for this team.

Again, the question isn't if he is capable or not. You will have people saying he isn't or that he is. The question is if he should start over Schaub. Sage has thrown a pick something liek 4.5% of his throws this season. We lead the league in turnovers. I'm not sure having Sage as our QB is the best idea. The guy has PROVEN that he turns the ball over. He had a good game today, yes, but he hasn't proven to me that he should start over Schaub. Schaub plays smarter and gets rid of the ball faster. They are about equal in arm capability as far as I can tell.

Mr PC
12-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Again, the question isn't if he is capable or not. You will have people saying he isn't or that he is. The question is if he should start over Schaub. Sage has thrown a pick something liek 4.5% of his throws this season. We lead the league in turnovers. I'm not sure having Sage as our QB is the best idea. The guy has PROVEN that he turns the ball over. He had a good game today, yes, but he hasn't proven to me that he should start over Schaub. Schaub plays smarter and gets rid of the ball faster. They are about equal in arm capability as far as I can tell.

I thought the question was: is Sage a capable starting quarterback? If the question is should he start over Schaub that is a different matter. Schaub gets paid the starters money, he has been impressive at times and is still a bit wet behind the ears. Juding only by performance Id say both QBs have been about equal thus far. They have both shown some promise and both made mistakes. Schaub needs to toughen up a bit, but Im not thowing him under the bus by any means. If he is healthy then he should start. But he isnt healthy. And Sage is 2-0 as our starting QB. What happens if he just keeps winning games? At what point do you have to leave him in as the starter?