PDA

View Full Version : The Bucs are going down.

76Texan
12-08-2007, 12:27 PM
They are not a good road team.
Got pounded by the Colts and the Hawks and even lose to the Lions by 7.
Their away wins are over the lowly Falcons, the imploding Panthers (with DC at the helm) and the Saints (thanks to Bush).

The Texans play very well at home.
Even the losses Colts (by 6), and Titans (by 3), we're in the game with a chance to win.

I say we will beat them! :fans:

threetoedpete
12-08-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm already over my yearly alotment of negtive rep. Spetze banged on someone who spent two hours making a mock for everyone to enjoy and I banged him back.

I hope you are correct. The facts are, bad road team or not...we're hurting very badly in the middle of the o-line. We can't stop the rush, the defense can't get off the feild on third down and we're turning the ball over like a baker on tequilla turning over dough: Happily and with out a care in the world when it hits the ground. And anyone of those things would be enough to give Gruden more than a fair shot. But all of the together.... I dunno. You're seeing something I don't see.

If they win , it will be the greatest, most improbble win in houston pro sports history. It'll rank right up there with the Oilers wild card win aginst San Deigo when Rob Carpenter litteraly threw away the crutches at game time and Vernon Perry had four picks vs Fouts. Possible, not probable.

threetoedpete
12-08-2007, 01:11 PM
double post.

Andrew6
12-08-2007, 01:14 PM
I made this prediction last year against the Colts.

I start by playing with my magic ummm eight balls.

According to my magic eight balls Houston will win. It will be a tough game and looks like this will go to overtime and We win by the grace of Kris Browns Golden foot.

So says my giant magic eight balls.

:sbad:

Houston : 31

Tampa Gay : 28

imatexan
12-08-2007, 03:35 PM
This is true. I think that the Bucs are a good team but that the Texans can beat them. They just dont seem as physical as other teams that we have played.

bucslover
12-08-2007, 05:12 PM
How about the other stat, Tampa Bay has not lost a game against a team with a losing record. Home or on the road...

What's the Texan's record again?

SA Texan
12-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Texans 21
Bucs 17

:fans:

spent
12-08-2007, 06:35 PM
31-13 bucs :pirate:

alphajoker
12-08-2007, 06:42 PM
I'll take a shot at it...24-13. :texflag:

atxlaurie
12-08-2007, 06:53 PM
I think its a "must win" in terms of team morale. I think there's a good chance our guys will come out to play with a fire in their belly. If not, then they won't win another game this season. I hope they really leave it all out on the field like the Ravens did against the Pats...except without the loss of course. If they can keep from turning the ball over, we have a good chance. Everyone should definitely pray tonight!

crunkbuc4d1
12-08-2007, 07:27 PM
The fact that this thread was started show desperation. If the Texans are within a touchdown will be a miracle.

kiwitexansfan
12-08-2007, 07:55 PM
The fact that this thread was started show desperation. If the Texans are within a touchdown will be a miracle.

No what this thread shows is blind optimism and loyalty.... although I think you'll get your near Christmas miracle because if you get up it won't be by much.

The Texans for all their foibles don't quit, manage to hang around and are in most games till the end and at home that is sometimes enough to get the W.

Texans 13-10 in a defensive struggle.

TheIronDuke
12-08-2007, 08:31 PM
I hate to say it but I think we lose 20-13.

I hope I'm wrong of course.

thunderkyss
12-08-2007, 08:40 PM
No what this thread shows is blind optimism and loyalty....

Blind optimism is a bit of a stretch IMHO.

The Bucs aren't that good of a team. They are in a weak conferance, in a weak division.

We are however a pretty bad team ourselves, but as you imply, our "foibles" are our own mistakes.

At home, we might play a perfect game, or close enough.

I think we can beat the Bucs, I'll be there rooting for our boys.

bucslover
12-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Funny, Ditka on the NFL network and one of the guys on Sirius picked the Bucs to be the team that could "come out of no where to go to the Super Bowl". Not bad for a team that is not that good, in a weak division.

Tampa Bay we beat the Losers!

TheIronDuke
12-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Funny, Ditka on the NFL network and one of the guys on Sirius picked the Bucs to be the team that could "come out of no where to go to the Super Bowl". Not bad for a team that is not that good, in a weak division.

Tampa Bay will not be able to beat the Cowboys or the Packers. And y'all do play in an incredibly horrible division.

SA Texan
12-08-2007, 09:24 PM

There's no way the Bucs will get past the Cowboys, or even the Packers for that matter.

Buffi2
12-08-2007, 09:32 PM
I think a Texan win is possible - depending upon how our make shift o line holds up - or maybe I should just say "holds." Big IF we can hold onto the ball and stop with the penalties - we have a chance. Those are a whole bunch of maybe's.

I don't have high expectations, but I'll be there cheering them on no matter what.
Texans 17
Bucs 14

Hook'er
12-08-2007, 11:28 PM
I can't wait til' tomarrow! My wife's from Tampa so we got a rivalry game at stake...........it should be fun.:fans:

bucslover
12-09-2007, 08:16 AM
There's no way the Bucs will get past the Cowboys, or even the Packers for that matter.

Good thing we are not playing the Packers or Cowboys today isn't it,,

Not great smack talk, saying "Well you can't beat <insert another team now here>"..

We aren't playing another team.. we are playing the Texans! At least put your own team over, not somebody elses.

How about something like this:

"The Texans can win, because they are at home, and the fans are so great and loud that they are the 12th man, they are the Home Field Advantage":cowboy1:

HJam72
12-09-2007, 08:40 AM
All I can say is "Any given Sunday." You never know. We could win the next four in a row to finish 9-7. I ain't bettin' the farm on it though. :shades:

SA Texan
12-09-2007, 09:42 AM

Not great smack talk, saying "Well you can't beat <insert another team now here>"..

I wasn't talking smack, I was replying to this:

Kaiser Toro
12-09-2007, 10:07 AM
The Texans are beat up and have been since we came into the league in 2002. This year we have shown some resiliency, yet the talent is not great enough to create opportunity and leverage it.

With that being said the Texans are 2-1 against the NFC and the Bucs are 1-2 against the AFC. If both teams were in the NFC South they would sitting at the top of the division. The Texans may be woeful, but the Bucs are nothing to write home about as it pertains to this match up. I would be remiss if I did not say that I would trade places with Bucs' fans in a second as I would love to be 8-4 right now.

The Texans defense will not allow an offensive TD today is my prediction.

threetoedpete
12-09-2007, 10:16 AM

We aren't playing another team.. we are playing the Texans! At least put your own team over, not somebody elses.

How about something like this:

"The Texans can win, because they are at home, and the fans are so great and loud that they are the 12th man, they are the Home Field Advantage":cowboy1:

Hey we got seventeen guys IRed. What'd want lol ? Seems to me we've been smacked enough this season.

spent
12-09-2007, 02:55 PM
well I have come to collect my crow.....you guys beat us fair and square, seems like we had nothing for yall!

Thorn
12-09-2007, 02:57 PM
It would seem our defense showed up today with some blitzes. That was fairly unusual for us, and it seems to have worked.

spent
12-09-2007, 02:58 PM
yes it did, you guys had all the answers for us!!! I hope its a wake up call for us.......you stole our clinch today! ;)

good luck on the rest of the season!

AJ is a beast!

TheIronDuke
12-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Spent, you're a very classy fan. Good luck in the post-season.

And you're right, AJ is a beast!

Brandon420tx
12-09-2007, 03:05 PM
yes it did, you guys had all the answers for us!!! I hope its a wake up call for us.......you stole our clinch today! ;)

good luck on the rest of the season!

AJ is a beast!

I thought that if the saints lose you still get your clinch, so I'm banking on you going to the playoffs anyway :pirate:

alphajoker
12-09-2007, 03:14 PM
I'll take a shot at it...24-13. :texflag:

Close enough! :fans:

spent
12-09-2007, 03:45 PM
thanks guys for the well wishes and please don't be starngers at the deck! we'll be keeping our eyes on you guys too! houston, home of the best fans in all of texas!

spent
12-09-2007, 03:46 PM
I thought that if the saints lose you still get your clinch, so I'm banking on you going to the playoffs anyway :pirate:

the saints play the falcons tho Monday night, ugh!

ATX
12-09-2007, 03:47 PM

Another exciting Monday night game

TheIronDuke
12-09-2007, 03:48 PM

That sure is a very intriguing Monday night match-up. :gun:

spent
12-09-2007, 03:54 PM
no doubt...Monday night games have stunk!

cuppacoffee
12-09-2007, 04:01 PM

Is this your first time to witness a miracle?. :bowdown: to :texflag:

Hello...are you there...:pirate:

:coffee:

bucslover
12-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Came back to eat my crow.. good game Texans.. You have a great stadium and very nice fans!

cuppacoffee
12-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Is this your first time to witness a miracle?. :bowdown: to :texflag:

Hello...are you there...:pirate:

:coffee:

crunkbuc4d1

Insert foot...posted before I saw this.

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45068