PDA

View Full Version : Bucs and Texans, the numbers

Thorn
12-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Not sure why I'm still doing this. Must be habit by now or something. In any case here are the numbers for this week. Tampa has a better defense, most notably in points allowed. Houston has a slight edge in numbers on the offense, but with all our injuries not sure that matters much. We do have the home field advantage, but I'm predicting a Tampa Bay win.

But I'll still be here on Sunday watching because the Texans are my team. :fans:

Offense

Houston: YPG 344, rushing YPG 93, Passing YPG 251, points PG 22

Tampa: YPG 325, rushing YPG 119, Passing YPG 205, points PG 20

Defense

Houston: YPG 337, rushing YPG 122, passing YPG 215, points PG 24

Tampa: YPG 291, rushing YPG 106, passing YPG 185, points PG 15

Line_Producer
12-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Not sure why I'm still doing this. Must be habit by now or something.

Well, we all appreciate it. I enjoy reading this every week. Thanks.

creekchub00
12-06-2007, 06:32 PM
http://thecaptainsdeck.net/index.php?page=279

That is some more statistical comparison...If Shaub and Garcia don't play then the offensive stats mean little IMO.

kiwitexansfan
12-06-2007, 07:33 PM
http://thecaptainsdeck.net/index.php?page=279

That is some more statistical comparison...If Shaub and Garcia don't play then the offensive stats mean little IMO.

Their stats show that Rosenfels are pretty potato/potatoe, so don't expect much different from the Texans if Schaub is out.

Although in saying this I think Schaub is a better player.

Texans_Chick
12-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Their stats show that Rosenfels are pretty potato/potatoe, so don't expect much different from the Texans if Schaub is out.

Although in saying this I think Schaub is a better player.

Think that is fair.

Ultimately, what is stunning to me about the Texans season is how many times they have just given the ball to the other team but kept staying in the games.

Never had one of those games where you say, "Gee they protected the ball well, too bad they lost." Some of the turnovers are stupid and some are just flukey as heck. It's like every Sunday is Christmas for the opposing teams.

I am expecting more weird football because I don't know to expect anything different.

Bucamaniac40
12-06-2007, 08:43 PM
The Bucs do have good veteran leadership that will let the young guys know that its one game at a time and the Texans are hungry to show their fans and themselves that they are gonna play 60 minutes!

bucslover
12-07-2007, 12:38 AM
yes, I have been worried about this game for awhile.. I think we will win, but I know we should take the Texans seriously... we need to get by the Texans and the 49ers on the road then just two home games ....