PDA

View Full Version : Texans sign Brisiel, Hodgdon

texanfan2002114
12-04-2007, 08:10 PM
"The Houston Texans have signed G Mike Brisiel and G/C Drew Hodgdon and placed G Fred Weary and G/C Chris White on injured reserve, it was announced today."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3994

adam
12-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Was Hodgodon any good? I remember him being fairly solid somewhere. I may have him confused with someone else, though.

dtran04
12-04-2007, 09:54 PM
He was always w/ the Texans. They cut him at the beginning of the year after he unsuccessfully attempted to switch to guard.

Yankee_In_TX
12-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Poor weary. 2-3 breaks, a rod in his leg, and his career may be over :(

Insideop
12-05-2007, 01:08 AM
Was Hodgodon any good? I remember him being fairly solid somewhere. I may have him confused with someone else, though.

He wasn't any good at Center last year for us. He had problems snapping the ball in the "shotgun." Remember, that's when they moved McKinney back to Center and we started our 4 game winning streak (seems so long ago now). They tried to move Hodgdon to Guard this year but cut him before the season began.

HOU-TEX
12-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Niether one of them are any good. If they happen to see the field.....poor Sage.:wild:

Tailgate
12-05-2007, 11:49 AM

Wait, I thought both White and Weary would be back in time for training camp next year????

nunusguy
12-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Where's that coming from ? Got a link for us ?

Insideop
12-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Where's that coming from ? Got a link for us ?

I don't have a link, but I heard the same thing yesterday on AM 610 radio on the Ephraim Salaam segment. Salaam said it himself. And when Rich Lord (I think it was Rich.) said something like "so this could be career threatening", Salaam said "yes."

Not good news, but it seems to be the way our luck has been going. This team must be "snakebit" or something. I've never heard of a team with so many injuries to key players over the last 2 years and probabaly since the start of the franchise! And it all started with Boselli (sp?)! :ouch: :sos:

Tailgate
12-05-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't have a link, but I heard the same thing yesterday on AM 610 radio on the Ephraim Salaam segment. Salaam said it himself. And when Rich Lord (I think it was Rich.) said something like "so this could be career threatening", Salaam said "yes."

Not good news, but it seems to be the way our luck has been going. This team must be "snakebit" or something. I've never heard of a team with so many injuries to key players over the last 2 years and probabaly since the start of the franchise! And it all started with Boselli (sp?)! :ouch: :sos:

So now we have Spencer, Weary, and Robinson on this.... are they ever gonna be the same list??? Man, when will the torture end?

V Man
12-05-2007, 03:23 PM
So now we have Spencer, Weary, and Robinson on this.... are they ever gonna be the same list??? Man, when will the torture end?

Man with today's medince, you don't hear about too many possible career ending injuries (not counting concussions) and we have three on our team alone.

threetoedpete
12-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Man with today's medince, you don't hear about too many possible career ending injuries (not counting concussions) and we have three on our team alone.

Don't know bout medicine, but Salaam spoke to Weary after the operation. I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV, However, Salaam reported the leg to be broken in three places. Sounds prety severe to me. White has the chance to be back next year if I've got my CL's correct. McKinney has a shot but he's over thrity and has thriving bussiness interests. Be a labor of love if he makes it back.

They'll scew down and plate up Weary. I expect to see him PUPed in '08 if they choose to resign him. a few guys have made it back from bad breaks. But three places ? Over under ? I take the under .

Two years in a row the team has been whiped out by injuries....we're deffintly snake bit.

Tailgate
12-05-2007, 04:22 PM
I posted in the Generals blog to see if there was any more scoop on Wearys injury:

Off topic a bit. Whats this I am hearing about Freds leg injury now being career threatening?? I thought he was supposed to be ready for camp next year?

{JD, there's nothing to it. -- JOHN}

I guess thats good news???

Insideop
12-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I posted in the Generals blog to see if there was any more scoop on Wearys injury:

I guess thats good news???

I know McLain is getting better info than any of us, but 3 breaks and this late in the year, I'll go with TTP's prediction and say he's PUP'ed next year. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see him at full strength for the 08 season. As far as the career threatening part, only time will tell. JMHO!

Tailgate
12-05-2007, 06:27 PM
I guess I should avoid anything that may lead to me being optimistic about anything.... this is the Texans after all.

aj.
12-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Musa Smith had a similar injury (compound fracture to his tibia) in November 2004. He essentially missed the entire 2005 season. He was able to come back in '06.

Thorn
12-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I guess I should avoid anything that may lead to me being optimistic about anything.... this is the Texans after all.

[deep voice] We have nothing to post but fear itself [/deep voice]