PDA

View Full Version : Dan Stevenson-G signed

Twitch-Houston
12-04-2007, 05:23 PM
http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=32016

Blocked for Darius Walker at ND

From Wiki:
Professional career
At the Notre Dame Pro Day, Stevenson measured a height of 6-5 1/4 and a weight of 300 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash twice with a time of 5.34 seconds. His short shuttle time was 4.55 seconds and his three-cone drill time was 7.33 seconds.

Stevenson was originally drafted by the New England Patriots in the sixth round (205th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft. He was waived by the Patriots on September 2 following training camp, and proceeded to spend the first eight games of the regular season on the team's practice squad before being released November 7. The Dolphins signed him to their practice squad two days later, and elevated to the active roster on December 19. He was inactive the final two games of the season.

adam
12-04-2007, 05:27 PM
We need someone on the line, that is for sure.

YellerLotYeller
12-04-2007, 05:36 PM
http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=32016

Blocked for Darius Walker at ND

From Wiki:
Professional career
At the Notre Dame Pro Day, Stevenson measured a height of 6-5 1/4 and a weight of 300 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash twice with a time of 5.34 seconds. His short shuttle time was 4.55 seconds and his three-cone drill time was 7.33 seconds.

Stevenson was originally drafted by the New England Patriots in the sixth round (205th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft. He was waived by the Patriots on September 2 following training camp, and proceeded to spend the first eight games of the regular season on the team's practice squad before being released November 7. The Dolphins signed him to their practice squad two days later, and elevated to the active roster on December 19. He was inactive the final two games of the season.

Where has he been all of 2007??

Texan_Bill
12-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Maybe we can sign Jimmy Herndon to shore up that line... :hides:

Thorn
12-04-2007, 06:03 PM

Waiting for a desperate team like the Texans to pick him up?

Grams
12-04-2007, 06:43 PM
A big body is a lot better than no body blocking defenders from your QB, no matter how good or bad they are.

At this point in the season it is a little hard to be picky over who.

TexansSeminole
12-04-2007, 06:56 PM

Probably in some sort of sales or marketing job. His major was marketing.

Glad he is here, we need someone to backup these backups.

texanfan2002114
12-04-2007, 07:09 PM
This guy is going onto the practice squad.

"The team also signed G Dan Stevenson to the practice squad."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3994

threetoedpete
12-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Just know going in it's going to be bad. Just how bad we'll see prety soon. Everything on the o-line is concert. Five guys comunicating and moving in concert as one. Now, we got two maginal players filling in for two marginal players with extensive experence. I post about the year that Archie Manning spent running for his life with the Oilers. I believe we're fixing to get a reinactment of that season. Audtitioning Sage ? Ah might want to get the new Red bird guy in here and administer the last rites. If he makes it the last games unmolested, and unscathed, that there thingy would truly be a miricle. The bigger question is: so who's next in line at QB ?

Insideop
12-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Just know going in it's going to be bad. Just how bad we'll see prety soon. Everything on the o-line is concert. Five guys comunicating and moving in concert as one. Now, we got two maginal players filling in for two marginal players with extensive experence. I post about the year that Archie Manning spent running for his life with the Oilers. I believe we're fixing to get a reinactment of that season. Audtitioning Sage ? Ah might want to get the new Red bird guy in here and administer the last rites. If he makes it the last games unmolested, and unscathed, that there thingy would truly be a miricle. The bigger question is: so who's next in line at QB ?

Don't know if Sage would appreciate that. I think he's Jewish, but I get your point! :shades:

threetoedpete
12-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Don't know if Sage would appreciate that. I think he's Jewish, but I get your point! :shades:

OOps. Sorry bout that Sage. Shalom and Happy Hanaka .

TexansSeminole
12-05-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm hoping that Studdard can learn some things and get closer to being ready to start in the NFL. I know he isn't ready now as he was thrown into the game last week, but maybe this will accelerate his learning process. Studdard was a good player in college.

gtexan02
12-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Maybe we should just have Dayne break his legs now and move on. Save us the timeout during the game

Insideop
12-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm hoping that Studdard can learn some things and get closer to being ready to start in the NFL. I know he isn't ready now as he was thrown into the game last week, but maybe this will accelerate his learning process. Studdard was a good player in college.

There's an article in the chronic today about his play in the game and what is expected of him when he plays next.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5352644.html

YellerLotYeller
12-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Maybe we should just have Dayne break his legs now and move on. Save us the timeout during the game

I think Dayne would make a pretty good guard....:specnatz: