PDA

View Full Version : Chronic: Team Changes to Fill Empty Slots

Texans34Life
12-04-2007, 08:48 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5349523.html

- Signed Mike Brisiel from the practice squad
- Re-signed center/guard Drew Hodgdon, who spent two seasons with the Texans before being cut Aug. 31.

Brisiel has spent the past two seasons on the practice squad. He will be thrown into a three-man competition at right guard with rookies Brandon Frye and Kasey Studdard.

Most likely or going to be put on IR:

- Schaub
- Green
- Weary
- Chris White

Craig Nall, the backup QB that we had signed to backup Rosenfels that we cut on 11/21.....signed w/ Green Bay on Sunday. Just our luck.

Shane Boyd will be moved from the practice squad to the 53 man roster.

Man, we are depleted and it's not looking good to finish out this season 8-8.

Dallas_Texan
12-04-2007, 08:53 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5349523.html

- Signed Mike Brisiel from the practice squad
- Re-signed center/guard Drew Hodgdon, who spent two seasons with the Texans before being cut Aug. 31.

Most likely or going to be put on IR:

- Schaub
- Green
- Weary
- Chris White

Craig Nall, the backup QB that we had signed to backup Rosenfels that we cut on 11/21.....signed w/ Green Bay on Sunday. Just our luck.

Shane Boyd will be moved from the practice squad to the 53 man roster.

Man, we are depleted and it's not looking good to finish out this season 8-8.

6-10 would be REALLY lucky....but not likely. Somehow as banged up as we are, I STILL see the Bucs being a trap game. and the Jags and Colts....fugetdabowdit.

nunusguy
12-04-2007, 09:42 AM
"Frye, who recently was converted from tackle to guard, has never been active for a game."
This is the guy that interests me the most. He was a late second-day choice
back in this years NFL Draft and played OLT while in his senior year at
V-Tech, with no starts before his final college year. He's strong & has impressive quickness/coordination, so he sounds like a good candidate to play in the NFL in a purely athletic sense. His development here was impeded by injury in TC, but maybe he's ready to step up ? He's always sounded like a better candidate to me than Kubiak family-friend Studdard, who is not suited for the ZB scheme that Kubaik may renew his focus on with Sherman effectively out of the picture.

Lucky
12-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Somehow as banged up as we are, I STILL see the Bucs being a trap game.
A trap game for whom? The Bucs?

PapaL
12-04-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm sure if we need a 3rd QB Carolina would give us theirs.

DerekLee1
12-04-2007, 10:27 AM
6-10 would be REALLY lucky....but not likely. Somehow as banged up as we are, I STILL see the Bucs being a trap game. and the Jags and Colts....fugetdabowdit.

I just can't see the Texans going 0-6 in the division this year. They're going to squeak out one of those games against the Jags or Colts.

Malloy
12-04-2007, 10:30 AM

Nausiated, ty :(

HOU-TEX
12-04-2007, 10:48 AM
A trap game for whom? The Bucs?

I was wondering the same thing. Geez, I hope he/she meant the Bucs.

I just can't see the Texans going 0-6 in the division this year. They're going to squeak out one of those games against the Jags or Colts.

There's a remote chance we pull one off against one of them due to their playoff schedule, but honestly, I won't be holding my breath.:cool:

Silver Oak
12-04-2007, 01:11 PM
an NFL leading 16 players on injured reserve, and that's without Schaub not yet being placed on IR.

horribly bad streak of injuries.

my personal prediction of 7-9 is looking not so good now.

nunusguy
12-04-2007, 01:46 PM
"Megan_Manfull: They are tackles. That's why they are irrelevant in the guard situation. Black is playing behind Bulter and Salaam right now. He's fallen way down the depth chart."
http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans/2007/12/talking_texans_injuries_the_ol_1.html
As long as this thread includes the topic of OLine personell, remember
OT Jordan Black ? Megan Manfull reports in her blog that he is playing so poorly he has falled behine Rasham Butler on the DC.

austintexanite
12-04-2007, 01:51 PM

LOL...rep. Seriously, if Schaub is able to play this year, then he better play to gain more live experience. I think he's good, but he needs more game snaps to pick up a better feel when guys are chasing him. I agree with posters here that he needs hit the weights a little more to make him stronger, hopefully this year showed him that.

Dallas_Texan
12-04-2007, 02:20 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Geez, I hope he/she meant the Bucs.:

Why? The Bucs have won against AWEFUL teams. The toughest team they've played against all year is Tennessee. Come on.

cuppacoffee
12-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Why? The Bucs have won against AWEFUL teams. The toughest team they've played against all year is Tennessee. Come on.

Sadly, I think that we fit into that category.

:coffee:

Yankee_In_TX
12-05-2007, 11:36 AM

I don't have a link. But I heard he was made #3 on the depth chart (behind the UFA) - though the coach thinks he's a moldable QB, he doesn't want him getting booed.

Runner
12-05-2007, 08:49 PM
"Megan_Manfull: They are tackles. That's why they are irrelevant in the guard situation. Black is playing behind Bulter and Salaam right now. He's fallen way down the depth chart."
http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans/2007/12/talking_texans_injuries_the_ol_1.html
As long as this thread includes the topic of OLine personell, remember
OT Jordan Black ? Megan Manfull reports in her blog that he is playing so poorly he has falled behine Rasham Butler on the DC.

A big deal was made of the fact that Black could play tackle and guard when he was signed. There was a lot of excitement that he was the "starting LT for a play-off team". From watching him play, I knew he wasn't the answer and the team would be in trouble if they had to play him, at least at LT. I thought the $1M signing bonus was incredible. There were probably street free agents available for the NFL minimum that could have filled a roster spot and played as well as him.

I still contend that the Texans need to quit looking a swing players and judge players by their primary position. The Texans are lucky Salaam has enjoyed good health this year. From this report, Black obviously isn't a good backup, at LT or guard.

adam
12-05-2007, 08:56 PM

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

PapaL
12-05-2007, 09:34 PM
I don't have a link. But I heard he was made #3 on the depth chart (behind the UFA) - though the coach thinks he's a moldable QB, he doesn't want him getting booed.

That is what I was referring to, link1 (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10508135) link2 (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/12/02/bc.fbn.panthers.carrdem.ap/index.html).