PDA

View Full Version : What happened to ESPN's Stuart Scott?

DiehardChris
12-04-2007, 01:07 AM
I see that Sal Paolantonio is doing the pre and post game analysis for MNF with Steve Young and the Escape Goat... what happened to Stu? They said they missed him and looked forward to his return. Anyone know what's up?

Specnatz
12-04-2007, 01:13 AM
I see that Sal Paolantonio is doing the pre and post game analysis for MNF with Steve Young and the Escape Goat... what happened to Stu? They said they missed him and looked forward to his return. Anyone know what's up?

I think he emergency apendectomy or something of that nature. I recall it being mention oh so ever breifly on either the radio or tv when someone said get well soon. Do not ask when or link because I do not have one.

DiehardChris
12-04-2007, 02:12 AM
I'm not looking to write a documented report on it... just curious. Thanks for the reply. :)

Specnatz
12-04-2007, 02:19 AM
Do not ask when or link because I do not have one.

The reason I said it like this was not at you but because I know it should be put with links when talking about a report and or something that had happened, but I do not have one and did not want to be attacked for not posting a link.

nunusguy
12-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Stuarts a funny guy. Has he done any stand-up comic ?

HoustonFrog
12-04-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm not being crude...but is there any reason for the eye thing on Stuart?I never noticed it when he started on ESPN, then it was there. God Bless if it is a condition that is bad or something. I really just never asked.

SA Texan
12-04-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm not being crude...but is there any reason for the eye thing on Stuart?I never notuiced it when he started on ESPN, then it was there. God Bless if it is a condition that is bad ro something. I really just never asked.

I know he got hit in the eye with the nose of a football at a Jets training camp sometime around 2000 and he had to have corneal surgery. That may be what it stems from.

powerfuldragon
12-04-2007, 09:21 AM
I know he got hit in the eye with the nose of a football at a Jets training camp sometime around 2000 and he had to have corneal surgery. That may be what it stems from.
i've always wondered about his mcgrady... i've never been a fan of him. always seemed a bit pompous to me.

HoustonFrog
12-04-2007, 09:32 AM

Thanks, I never paid attention or heard anything. I didn't know if it was a condition or not.

Specnatz
12-20-2007, 11:52 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3163058

I recall this being asked and I saw it on espin website so here is what is happening to Stu Scott. After an appendectomy, they found cancer.

Texan_Bill
12-20-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm not being crude...but is there any reason for the eye thing on Stuart?I never noticed it when he started on ESPN, then it was there. God Bless if it is a condition that is bad or something. I really just never asked.

Thanks, I never paid attention or heard anything. I didn't know if it was a condition or not.

From and old interview he did with Maxim Magazine (August 2005):

Snippet:
What happened to your eye?
I had a couple of cornea transplants when I was younger, but it was fine. Then I worked out at a Jets minicamp a few years ago. I had played football all my life, and I was in good shape. A ball came out of the Jugs machine and hit me in the eye. I had to have a couple of surgeries. Now I wear a really thick pair of glasses, and they have to bring the TelePrompTer closer. Iíve heard people say I canít see. But I drive, I work, I see my kids, I play golf. I ainít blind.

Link to the rest of the interview: Maxim Magazine: Stuart Scott (http://www.maximonline.com/articles/index.aspx?a_id=6586)

Texan_Bill
12-20-2007, 12:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3163058

I recall this being asked and I saw it on espin website so here is what is happening to Stu Scott. After an appendectomy, they found cancer.

Wow!! As a commentator I can take him or leave him, but this is sad. Prayers to him and his family, but it sounds like he will be fine.

austintexanite
12-20-2007, 12:58 PM
That's crazy, I don't dislike or like Stuart, but I'm glad that he's recovering well.

PapaL
12-20-2007, 01:08 PM
I've always liked him. I wish him and his family the best.

nero THE zero
12-20-2007, 03:07 PM
I can't stand the guy but I wish him the best

SA Texan
12-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Wow, that's quite a shock...I'm surprised it was never mentioned on air, unless he requested it not to be. Glad to hear he is recovering.

Texan_Bill
12-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Wow, that's quite a shock...I'm surprised it was never mentioned on air, unless he requested it not to be. Glad to hear he is recovering.

Ya know, they never really addressed it on air as you said, but I have heard some of the guys throw out "get back soon buddy" and things like that.

Specnatz
12-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Ya know, they never really addressed it on air as you said, but I have heard some of the guys throw out "get back soon buddy" and things like that.

That was all I heard, I do recall the mentioning of the appendix but not the cancer.

Yankee_In_TX
02-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Any updates on his chemo? The Mrs. commented he didn't look so good on air today.

Can't help but like the guy. He said he was asked if he would trade lives with Tom Brady, and he answered no, because he wouldn't have his two girls. He jokingly added, he would take Tom's money.

nunusguy
02-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Anybody else hear that PTIs Wilbon had a heart-attack early this week ?

Specnatz
02-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Anybody else hear that PTIs Wilbon had a heart-attack early this week ?

I know he was out sick but did not hear the reason.