PDA

View Full Version : Brian Billick

adam
12-03-2007, 08:05 PM
I think it's quite possible that he'll be out of a job at the end of this season. Would anyone be interested in snagging him for the DC spot?

nero THE zero
12-03-2007, 08:09 PM
I think it's quite possible that he'll be out of a job at the end of this season. Would anyone be interested in snagging him for the DC spot?

Believe it or not Billick made it on his offensive prowess.

Brandon420tx
12-03-2007, 08:09 PM

Was just about to mention that.

The defensive mind behind the Ravens is Rex Ryan

adam
12-03-2007, 08:11 PM

Really? I'll be honest, I don't know much about the man's history, but he certainly hasn't struck me as an offensive guy during his tenure. In fact, the Raven's offense has been dreadful for as long as I can remember.

My mistake.

nero THE zero
12-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Really? I'll be honest, I don't know much about the man's history, but he certainly hasn't struck me as an offensive guy during his tenure. In fact, the Raven's offense has been dreadful for as long as I can remember.

My mistake.

I'm too lazy to double check myself but I'm pretty sure he was the OC in Minnesota during the Culpepper to Moss era.

edit -- Looks like he was before that duo.

Brandon420tx
12-03-2007, 08:15 PM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Team/Default.aspx?id=286

Why does Vic Fangio sound familiar ;)

the wonger need food
12-03-2007, 08:21 PM

Nominated for dumbest post ever...

Yankee_In_TX
12-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Think he ordered the double game losing TO?

GlassHalfFull
12-04-2007, 07:32 AM
My understanding is that his defensive players hate him. Did you see the reactions from the players on the field when he called the timeout on 4th down last night? They were NOT happy with him.

BigWig
12-04-2007, 07:37 AM
ESPN radio says he is gonna stay, maybe even just signed a longer contract not sure.

BigWig
12-04-2007, 07:39 AM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Team/Default.aspx?id=286

Why does Vic Fangio sound familiar ;)

Because he was on our staff or related to one of our staff?

SA Texan
12-04-2007, 08:12 AM
I'm too lazy to double check myself but I'm pretty sure he was the OC in Minnesota during the Culpepper to Moss era.

edit -- Looks like he was before that duo.

Yeah, he was there the same time as Cunningham when they were setting the league on fire with him and Chris Carter. It's funny because he was always considered a great OC and look at his team now; the same thing with Marvin Lewis, he was a "defensive genius" when he was the DC with the Ravens and now the Bengals have one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Twitch-Houston
12-04-2007, 08:24 AM
My understanding is that his defensive players hate him. Did you see the reactions from the players on the field when he called the timeout on 4th down last night? They were NOT happy with him.

I think Rex Ryan actually called the timeout.

Htownsportsfan
12-04-2007, 08:24 AM

Rex Ryan the defensive Coordinator and son of buddy called that time out to change the alignment not Billick.

GlassHalfFull
12-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks, I missed that last night. Now things make more sense.

mike moffat
12-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah, but, it really cost them the game. Sometimes you just gotta go with what you have on the field. Of course, hind sight is alway 20 / 20. I just wanted to see the Pats get beat.

Goldensilence
12-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah, he was there the same time as Cunningham when they were setting the league on fire with him and Chris Carter. It's funny because he was always considered a great OC and look at his team now; the same thing with Marvin Lewis, he was a "defensive genius" when he was the DC with the Ravens and now the Bengals have one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Yeah they had a really nice offense up there in Minnesota even prior to Moss arriving. I credit some of htat to Billick and a bigger portion to Dennis Green really knowing talent and having a staff that can manage.

It's not like the Offense or Defense prior to each of those guys arrival respectively in Cinci or Baltimore was great. Some times as a HC you work with what you got and TRY to build something. It's not like Cinci hasn't been going on the defensive side of the ball there has been some bad injuries there and off field issues there. In Baltimore Kyle Boller was obviously a bad pick and we should all know about how QB play can hamper an offense.

I honestly think you're crazy to not want one of those two guys as a coordinator here.I'm not a fan of the Billick ego but....right now if he helps revamp the offense here into something formidable...well....

austintexanite
12-04-2007, 11:28 AM
I have never been fond of Billick and found his overrated as a coach. He should thank Moss and Robert Smith for his initial success. That defense is what has saved his a** for years.

chicagotexan2
12-04-2007, 11:53 AM

Exactly. This guy was a great OC at MN, then hasn't done jack w/ this offense. This team won it SuperBowl based soley on defense. Should have been gone long ago.

Blazing Arrow
12-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Isn't the head coach the only person who can call a TO from the sidelines? Seems a little rigged if you ask me.