PDA

View Full Version : Paging Tonya Harding...

Mailman
12-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Did the post-game comments from that classless piece of dogshit Albert Haynesworth make anyone else want to punch the screen?

Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth doesn't think much of the Texans' Matt Schaub as a quarterback, but he's a Sage Rosenfels fan.

Schaub was knocked out of the first game against the Titans. He was knocked out again in Sunday's 28-20 Texans loss with a dislocated left shoulder.

"I think he's just scared of us," Haynesworth said after the game. "Maybe next year he won't play against us; he'll just sit that game out."

In three games against the Titans, Rosenfels has thrown eight touchdown passes three last season, four in the first game this season and one Sunday.

"We were determined not to let (Rosenfels) get started and all that," Haynesworth said, "but he still made some good plays. It's just too bad he didn't get that $60 million."
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5346626.html

It's past time for karma to make that thug her *****.

Double Barrel
12-03-2007, 11:21 AM
As much as it pains me to say it, Schaub has done nothing to prove him wrong.

I see flashes of potential, but overall, it's the same old song and dance with this franchise. I see no point in covering a turd with sprinkles to act like it's a brownie. The fact of the matter is that we are a losing franchise and continue to be a losing franchise. Individual performances are good for highlight reels and new contracts, but the only thing that matters is scoreboard at the end of the day. We have been swept by the Titans the majority of our seasons, so they leave me with little to cling onto in the way of hope.

For all the great things we hoped for when we got Schaub and Green, the results are still the same as previous seasons. Losing more than we win, unable to get a win streak going, unable to rise to the challenge of individual games.

treygar
12-03-2007, 11:22 AM
I think the Rosenfels not getting $60 mil comment is funny myself.

Schaub the savior has bowed out of 3 of his 10 games, Sage has had to come off the bench or start (one start being a victory), he should definitely get a cut.

Malloy
12-03-2007, 11:26 AM

With the amount of brains that Haynesworth got handed, I'll say that karma already done its job :)

Mailman
12-03-2007, 11:28 AM
I think the Rosenfels not getting $60 mil comment is funny myself.

Schaub the savior has bowed out of 3 of his 10 games, Sage has had to come off the bench or start (one start being a victory), he should definitely get a cut.

I cannot believe the criticism Schaub is taking from Texans fans for getting hurt in games this season, especially in light of the cheap shots he took that put him on the sideline.

Albert Haynesworth is one of the guys who took a cheap shot at him on the field. Now he takes another one at him from the locker room.

dskillz
12-03-2007, 11:29 AM
It's football, the same type of things being said by legends of the game in years past was considered great. But now that Albert says it about our player it is a problem? For years fans have said this team needs some swagger, some attitude. What is wrong with some trashtalk? It is only good when it happens on a message board? Albert talks and backs it up. End of that story.

I don't have much of a problem with it myself. To the victor goes the spoils and the trash talking rights.

dskillz
12-03-2007, 11:33 AM
As much as it pains me to say it, Schaub has done nothing to prove him wrong.

I see flashes of potential, but overall, it's the same old song and dance with this franchise. I see no point in covering a turd with sprinkles to act like it's a brownie. The fact of the matter is that we are a losing franchise and continue to be a losing franchise. Individual performances are good for highlight reels and new contracts, but the only thing that matters is scoreboard at the end of the day. We have been swept by the Titans the majority of our seasons, so they leave me with little to cling onto in the way of hope.

For all the great things we hoped for when we got Schaub and Green, the results are still the same as previous seasons. Losing more than we win, unable to get a win streak going, unable to rise to the challenge of individual games.

co-signed.

Bottom line is that we had expectations for winning more games this year and it is very likely we will lost more games than last year with additions that were supposed to make the team better. So frustrating. I know we have had injuries, but doesn't change the record. We have changed QB, RB, HC, Coordinators, WRs, and yet we still can't match the best season we had under the old regime. Not saying I want them back, but just venting.

Mailman
12-03-2007, 11:37 AM
It's football, the same type of things being said by legends of the game in years past was considered great. But now that Albert says it about our player it is a problem? For years fans have said this team needs some swagger, some attitude. What is wrong with some trashtalk? It is only good when it happens on a message board? Albert talks and backs it up. End of that story.

I don't have much of a problem with it myself. To the victor goes the spoils and the trash talking rights.

I agree insofar as I'd like to see the Texans players punch the other guy in the face and let him know about it, but Haynesworth has a well-known history of classlessness. It's one thing to play with swagger and attitude. It's another to parlay that emotion into dirty play.

His words yesterday say everything about the guy.

Mailman
12-03-2007, 11:42 AM
co-signed.

Bottom line is that we had expectations for winning more games this year and it is very likely we will lost more games than last year with additions that were supposed to make the team better. So frustrating. I know we have had injuries, but doesn't change the record. We have changed QB, RB, HC, Coordinators, WRs, and yet we still can't match the best season we had under the old regime. Not saying I want them back, but just venting.

You cannot just glide over that with a "but."

The injuries this team has suffered are almost beyond comprehension. I don't care how good you are, no team would compete for the playoffs if you lose as many key players as the 2007 Houston Texans. This is not an excuse. It's a flat-out reason.

The team constructed at the beginning of the season is not the one playing on the field today.

HOU-TEX
12-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Classless or not, I'd take the guy in a heartbeat. When a DLine player steps on the field he needs to become a mean SOB and Haynesworth is just that.

Punch'em in tha mouth or ya gunna get whooped.:wild:

Hookem Horns
12-03-2007, 11:54 AM
If they think that Rosenfels is so much better than Schaub then why were they trying to knock him out of the game? Sounds a little conflicting to me.

adam
12-03-2007, 12:05 PM
With the amount of brains that Haynesworth got handed, I'll say that karma already done its job :)

Hahah! Well said, sir. Well said. Rep for you.

HoustonFrog
12-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Here I thought Sage had had injury issues during his career too. I guess he is "the man" now. ..ahem

dskillz
12-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Here I thought Sage had had injury issues during his career too. I guess he is "the man" now. ..ahem

Trash talk is rarely logical. That is all this is. No need to make a big fuss about it.

HoustonFrog
12-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Trash talk is rarely logical. That is all this is. No need to make a big fuss about it.

Agreed. Just making a point that seemed ironic and talked about in the off season.

Twitch-Houston
12-03-2007, 12:28 PM
I see no point in covering a turd with sprinkles to act like it's a brownie.

Now that's funny. lol:

DerekLee1
12-03-2007, 12:34 PM

Karma will, when Haynesworth runs for the money this offseason and ends up on a crap team. Oh, and when Schaub gets some protection, he'll make every team in the AFC South HIS *****.

Double Barrel
12-03-2007, 12:35 PM
You cannot just glide over that with a "but."

The injuries this team has suffered are almost beyond comprehension. I don't care how good you are, no team would compete for the playoffs if you lose as many key players as the 2007 Houston Texans. This is not an excuse. It's a flat-out reason.

The team constructed at the beginning of the season is not the one playing on the field today.

Every team has injuries, obviously some more than others. The difference is that we still have no depth after 6 seasons. And since we've tended to take other teams rejects instead of building from our drafts (no thanks to Casserly), we have a little less room for recovering from the injury bug.

At some point our team is going to have to spend a high pick or two on offensive linemen and RB. Getting over-the-hills and later rounders can only do so much for us when we do not have a solid team around them to pick up the slack.

Hagar
12-03-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm not ready to hang Schaub out to dry just yet. He's faced many of the same problems DC faced and is suffering the consequences that David never faced.

David learned in his later years with the Texans not to look down the field but to keep his eyes down to watch the line. It’s a bad habit to get into and probably the reason he's not starting in Carolina now. I red an article this past weekend speculating that this may be David's last year in the NFL. I'd have to say, the Texans had a lot to do with his fate.

Schaub hasn't gotten into that habit yet (I hope he doesn't) but his final play can be directly attributed to him looking down the field trying to make a play while the line protection broke down in front of him. Schaub suffered the consequences for that decision.

Unless this line is fixed this off-season, we will ruin another quarterback.

The hard part to swallow in this scenario is that the two draft picks we used to get Schaub may be the very thing that causes his down fall. The Colts took their starting LT with the 10th pick (we would have had the 9th pick) in the second round of last year’s draft (Tony Ugoh).

Mailman
12-03-2007, 01:10 PM
I'd have to say, the Texans had a lot to do with his fate.

I wouldn't. I don't know how anyone can legitimately blame the Texans when Carr proved incapable of getting rid of the ball quickly, delivering it over the top so the pass wouldn't get batted down at the line, setting his feet to throw, or not fumbling the snap. David Carr is accountable for David Carr's play, not the Houston Texans. The Texans are accountable for not recognizing the problem earlier and addressing it accordingly.

Schaub hasn't gotten into that habit yet (I hope he doesn't) but his final play can be directly attributed to him looking down the field trying to make a play while the line protection broke down in front of him.

Actually, he scrambled out of the pocket and the protection broke down behind him. If he had eyes in the back of his head, he probably would've been able to avoid the sack.

The1ApplePie
12-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Haynesworth was right on the money with everything he said.

I didn't see the Titans trying to take Schaub out.

In one play, a guy bumped into Schaub's forearm, and Schaub rolled around on the ground for 30 seconds. Yes, by getting bumped!

So, I guess all teams that bump into QBs at half speed and tackeling them in the open field are trying to take out players.

Hagar
12-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Haynesworth may be a POS, but he's be a great addition to our team. We could use him up front.

DerekLee1
12-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Haynesworth may be a POS, but he's be a great addition to our team. We could use him up front.

No way. I don't want anyone on our team with a bullseye on the back of his jersey because of some thug mouthing off.

Mailman
12-03-2007, 01:31 PM

In one play, a guy bumped into Schaub's forearm, and Schaub rolled around on the ground for 30 seconds. Yes, by getting bumped!

Wtf? His hand slammed into a helmet on his follow-through! Do you have any idea how many quarterbacks get hurt on a play like that?

Mailman
12-03-2007, 01:42 PM

So, I guess all teams that bump into QBs at half speed and tackeling them in the open field are trying to take out players.

FYI when I mentioned the cheap shots the Titans dished out on Schaub, I was referring to two plays in particular from the game in Houston, one being the Haynesworth Nestea Plunge and the other being Cortland Finnegan mauling Schaub after he'd already been ruled down by contact.

Pantherstang84
12-03-2007, 01:43 PM
No way. I don't want anyone on our team with a bullseye on the back of his jersey because of some thug mouthing off.

I'd take him. At least he'll get after someone and not act like female reproductive organs. Too much of that already on this team.

adam
12-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Wtf? His hand slammed into a helmet on his follow-through! Do you have any idea how many quarterbacks get hurt on a play like that?

Actually, his wrist smacked into an arm during his follow through.

The1ApplePie
12-03-2007, 01:44 PM
FYI when I mentioned the cheap shots the Titans dished out on Schaub, I was referring to two plays in particular from the game in Houston, one being the Haynesworth Nestea Plunge and the other being Cortland Finnegan mauling Schaub after he'd already been ruled down by contact.

Finnegan hit a cheap shot, but Haynesworth made a legit, clean hit. It was a brutal hit, but a clean one.

Mailman
12-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Finnegan hit a cheap shot, but Haynesworth made a legit, clean hit. It was a brutal hit, but a clean one.

No it wasn't a clean hit, otherwise it wouldn't have drawn a penalty. If his victim were a Brady, Manning, or Palmer, you can be damn sure the league would've fined him for it. (After the slap on the wrist the league gave Drayton Florence, is this even up for debate?)

What made Haynesworth's play cheap and flagrant was him intentionally driving Schaub into the ground without taking any evasive action. I've seen Mike Pereira address this type of play on NFLN in the past. The league rules say that a player is obligated to take evasive action if at all possible. All Haynesworth had to do to avoid a penalty was to roll his body to the side. He didn't, because his intent was to hurt Schaub.

The1ApplePie
12-03-2007, 02:03 PM
No it wasn't a clean hit, otherwise it wouldn't have drawn a penalty. If his victim were a Brady, Manning, or Palmer, you can be damn sure the league would've fined him for it. (After the slap on the wrist the league gave Drayton Florence, is this even up for debate?)

What made Haynesworth's play cheap and flagrant was him intentionally driving Schaub into the ground without taking any evasive action. I've seen Mike Pereira address this type of play on NFLN in the past. The league rules say that a player is obligated to take evasive action if at all possible. All Haynesworth had to do to avoid a penalty was to roll his body to the side. He didn't, because his intent was to hurt Schaub.

We debated this after the game, and most of us thought it was legit.

Haynesworth was in mid tackle when Schaub still had the ball.

A big fat ass isn't going to be able to stop himself or take evasive action when he is that close.

HOU-TEX
12-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I believe the timing of the tackle was legit. He was flagged for a head shot.:)

Insideop
12-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Every team has injuries, obviously some more than others. The difference is that we still have no depth after 6 seasons. And since we've tended to take other teams rejects instead of building from our drafts (no thanks to Casserly), we have a little less room for recovering from the injury bug.
At some point our team is going to have to spend a high pick or two on offensive linemen and RB. Getting over-the-hills and later rounders can only do so much for us when we do not have a solid team around them to pick up the slack.

This is so true DB. I think what we need to realize is that Kubes and Smith came here and had to start almost from scratch. Because of the cap issuses left over from the Casserly era, Smith and Kubes could only take "other teams rejects" to fill in the gaps while they started building through the Draft. Plus, you were switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 Defense, so you have to start rebuilding your front 7 (Mario/DeMeco in 06 and Okoye/Diles in 07). Then you have to build your O-line (Spencer/Winston in 06 and Frye/Studdard in 07). All of this plus trading for a new QB and trying to improve your Secondary and WR corps. You can see it's going to take some time to turn "this ship" around. Smith and Kubes are on the right path, but with the mess that was left them, we have to give them some time. JMHO!

HOU-TEX
12-03-2007, 02:07 PM
This is so true DB. I think what we need to realize is that Kubes and Smith came here and had to start almost from scratch. Because of the cap issuses left over from the Casserly era, Smith and Kubes could only take "other teams rejects" to fill in the gaps while they started building through the Draft. Plus, you were switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 Defense, so you have to start rebuilding your front 7 (Mario/DeMeco in 06 and Okoye/Diles in 07). Then you have to build your O-line (Spencer/Winston in 06 and Frye/Studdard in 07). All of this plus trading for a new QB and trying to improve your Secondary and WR corps. You can see it's going to take some time to turn "this ship" around. Smith and Kubes are on the right path, but with the mess that was left them, we have to give them some time. JMHO!

QFT! I agree. Good post. :texflag:

Texans34Life
12-03-2007, 02:16 PM
You know how Schaub can prevent getting injured? It's been an answer that has been looming for years that our damn personnel hasn't figured out....

Wait for it.....

Wait for it.....

{drumroll}

UPGRADE THE DAMN OL!!!!!!!!!

Mailman
12-03-2007, 02:19 PM
We debated this after the game, and most of us thought it was legit.

Haynesworth was in mid tackle when Schaub still had the ball.

A big fat ass isn't going to be able to stop himself or take evasive action when he is that close.

Yeah I've heard all these arguments before, but very few people seem to know what the actual rule is, which is why most of them are wrong about that play. The defender is not expected to stop himself, but he is expected to mitigate the effect. The ball was well out of Schaub's hand when he tackled Schaub. He knew it or else he wouldn't have tried to disguise it by not wrapping up the QB. What he did instead was allow his body to go completely limp without rolling off him, knowing full well that the impact of his full weight sandwiching Schaub would likely hurt him. That's exactly what happened, and that's exactly what Pereira has talked about in the past when explaining that rule. Whenever those plays occur, fans everywhere go wtf because those plays often look clean. However, most people don't have the NFL Network, so they've never heard about this rule. The rule is there to protect the quarterback, but the NFL police don't care as much about the QB for the Houston Texans as they do for other teams.

austintexanite
12-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Not really surprised Haynesworth is talking smack, guy is a dou***bag. Anyone remember his incident with the Cowboys center, or trying to run people off the road with his truck. Truth is, he is only playing well because it's a contract year, and after he gets paid will go back to being lackidaisical during football games.