PDA

View Full Version : Pack @ Boys

RTP2110
11-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Didn't see a thread anywhere.

Anyway, it's 20-10 with 13+ minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. I seriously feel like I'm watching Arena League.

bah007
11-29-2007, 08:18 PM
20-10 ?? Who?

RTP2110
11-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Dallas

3 of the last 4 pass attempts have been over 40 yards.

Edit: 4 of the last 5 now

bah007
11-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Just saw an alert that Favre left the game with an arm injury.

Rodgers in now.

bah007
11-29-2007, 08:40 PM
27-10 Dallas after a Romo to Owens TD

PapaL
11-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Ware just creamed Rodgers. Rodgers still alive.

bah007
11-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Hope they have a 3rd QB cuz it looks like Dallas is going to keep bringing major heat on Rodgers.

bah007
11-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Newman is out with an ankle injury right now & the pass defense is suffering.

bah007
11-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Looks like a college atmosphere right now.

All the fans are on their feet and it is very loud.

bah007
11-29-2007, 08:52 PM
TD Green Bay.

Greg Jennings is doing all the work for the Packers right now.

27-17 with 1 minute left in the 1st half.

Silver Oak
11-29-2007, 09:14 PM
weak conference, weak football.

there are alot of Packer fans in that stadium, which is kind of surprising. I guess ticket brokers own everything.

PapaL
11-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Rodgers stand in there and not flinching.

bah007
11-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Dallas gets a stop on 3rd down but a face mask gives GB a first down at the 10.

Definitely a face mask by Ellis, but shoula been a 5 yarder, not 15.

PapaL
11-29-2007, 09:26 PM
TD Pack

27-24 Dallas

bah007
11-29-2007, 09:26 PM
27-24 Dallas after a 1 yd run by Grant.

Dallas isnt blitzing anymore but they are still leaving the middle of the field wide open for Jennings & Lee (and anyone that Roy Williams is supposed to be covering is inevitably open).

ATX
11-29-2007, 09:31 PM
:zipit:

bah007
11-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Al Harris just tried to jam Patrick Crayton at the line & whiffed, letting Crayton go for 35 yds on 3rd & 19.

YellerLotYeller
11-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Gamecast is slower than hell.

bah007
11-29-2007, 09:37 PM
That was a hell of a try by Owens but there is no way they call that a catch after the challenge.

bah007
11-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Marion Barber is probably one of the best cutback runners in the league.

bah007
11-29-2007, 09:44 PM
27-24 at the end of the 3rd.

Dallas at 1st & Goal on the 8.

ATX
11-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Gamecast is slower than hell.

Go the the NFL live section on the website and watch the game streamed. Only missed a couple minutes of it.

ATX
11-29-2007, 09:47 PM
INT Green Bay

GlassHalfFull
11-29-2007, 09:48 PM
TO laterals the ball to a Packer in the endzone.

Yankee_In_TX
yay! My bandwagon team is giving me chills, picked off of TO's numbers!

bah007
Owens juggles a ball right into Al Harris' arms while wide open in the endzone. Wow.

PapaL
11-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Normally it would be safe to say anyone would rather have Rodgers leading a GB come back, as opposed to Favre, but Rodgers is on fire tonight.

Yankee_In_TX
11-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Come on GB, if you can do this w/out Favre or Woodson...

PapaL
11-29-2007, 10:02 PM
TD Crayton

34-24 DAL 7:41 left 4th D

Joe Texan
11-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Dallas gets help from the refs, Questionable call for the TD, Just like the cowgirls to win with the help of the stripes

HoustonFrog
11-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Dallas gets help from the refs, Questionable call for the TD, Just like the cowgirls to win with the help of the stripes

Give me a frigging break. They completely outplayed the Pack tonight. I get so tired of this weak stuff. What penalty forced them into a 27-10 lead?No matter what is said the DB hooked the reciver even if the feet were incidental. They are going to call that 9 out of 10 times. Save the wak b.s.

StarStruck
11-29-2007, 10:48 PM

I trust the Refs judgement. Based on what I saw before the decision, I was all up on the floor screaming for a flag. Gotta go now, TO is being interviewed.

benefactor
11-29-2007, 10:59 PM
Give me a frigging break. They completely outplayed the Pack tonight. I get so tired of this weak stuff. What penalty forced them into a 27-10 lead?No matter what is said the DB hooked the reciver even if the feet were incidental. They are going to call that 9 out of 10 times. Save the wak b.s.
The "hook" didn't even break his stride. He barley grazed his arm. Even "My Head Is Up The Cowgirls Butt" Cris Collinsworth admitted it was nothing. The closest ref called it incidental...but the ref from farther away came in and threw the flag after the play was over. The feet are what impeded his progress. They should really make plays like this reviewable. And was it 27-10 when the call was made? Nope. That was a game changing call and they blew it.

HoustonFrog
11-29-2007, 11:05 PM
The "hook" didn't even break his stride. He barley grazed his arm. Even "My Head Is Up The Cowgirls Butt" Cris Collinsworth admitted it was nothing. The closest ref called it incidental...but the ref from farther away came in and threw the flag after the play was over. The feet are what impeded his progress. They should really make plays like this reviewable. And was it 27-10 when the call was made? Nope. That was a game changing call and they blew it.

It is something that is called EVERY game. It was a 1st down play. You can't say Dallas wouldn't have milked the clock and driven down the field. The Packers hadn't stopped them. When you grab a receiver in stride it is interference. You don't know if it slowed him up even the slightest to make the feet tangle. Get over the hate. The better team won. The Packers never showed they could stop Dallas with or without Favre playing. It was one play, correctly called because the one ref couldn't see the hook. There is no telling if that would have stopped Dallas.

BwareofDWare
11-29-2007, 11:18 PM
yeah there was a big bad call!!!

Was ware really offsides?

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/199/wareoffsidespackers07tr2.gif (http://imageshack.us)

kastofsna
11-30-2007, 01:22 AM
it's one thing to say the refs made a bad call here and there, but when people start talking conspiracy....that's when i tune out.

GuerillaBlack
11-30-2007, 06:34 AM
I think that last interference call was bad. The reciever never slowed down and their legs got tangled up. That call basically gave Dallas the game (or atleast the TD).

benefactor
11-30-2007, 07:09 AM
It is something that is called EVERY game. It was a 1st down play. You can't say Dallas wouldn't have milked the clock and driven down the field. The Packers hadn't stopped them. When you grab a receiver in stride it is interference. You don't know if it slowed him up even the slightest to make the feet tangle. Get over the hate. The better team won. The Packers never showed they could stop Dallas with or without Favre playing. It was one play, correctly called because the one ref couldn't see the hook. There is no telling if that would have stopped Dallas.
Its not something that is called every game. Its called as incidental contact more often than not. And its purely speculative for you to say that Dallas would have milked the clock and driven down the field. Its just as easy as me saying T.O. could have alley-ooped the ball to a defensive back on the next play and he runs it back for a TD. And I have it on DVR...he didn't grab him. His arm brushed the receivers arm and the receiver never broke stride. The legs were actually very close to tangling the whole time. Football is a game of momentum...and that call was a pivotal time of the game.

It doesn't matter if its this game or any other game...pass interference calls that allow another team to gain 40 or 50yds should be challengeable. Hopefully the league will look into this, because going from having to drive the field to being inside the 10 is huge...if you say it isn't you are kidding yourself.

HoustonFrog
11-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Its not something that is called every game. Its called as incidental contact more often than not. And its purely speculative for you to say that Dallas would have milked the clock and driven down the field. Its just as easy as me saying T.O. could have alley-ooped the ball to a defensive back on the next play and he runs it back for a TD. And I have it on DVR...he didn't grab him. His arm brushed the receivers arm and the receiver never broke stride. The legs were actually very close to tangling the whole time. Football is a game of momentum...and that call was a pivotal time of the game.

It doesn't matter if its this game or any other game...pass interference calls that allow another team to gain 40 or 50yds should be challengeable. Hopefully the league will look into this, because going from having to drive the field to being inside the 10 is huge...if you say it isn't you are kidding yourself.

Talk about speculative..how do you know it didn't slow him down? Look at the replay again because I think your DVR is broken. He grabbed his arm and had his other hand on him. Even if it is for 2 seconds it is pass interference in the NFL past 10 yards. It is called every game. That isn't incidental contact. You can't do the one and then say..."well the feet being tangled is incidental." It is a complete joke. You actually make my point with the T.O. play. Another TD given away. You act like that was 3rd down and Dallas would have to punt. When you start making excuses for why one team didn't get their asses kick it is laughable. Sorry but the better team won and there is no one on either side saying any different. Its like people just want an excuse to say Dallas didn't deserve it when they completely outplayed GB.

it's one thing to say the refs made a bad call here and there, but when people start talking conspiracy....that's when i tune out.

We agree completely. Excuses are the bastion of losers.

ATX
11-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Sounds like we have us some Cowboys fans on here.

Maddict5
11-30-2007, 08:16 AM

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/199/wareoffsidespackers07tr2.gif (http://imageshack.us)

good catch.. didnt notice it while watching- great timing by ware

WWJD
11-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Sounds like we have us some Cowboys fans on here.

I've always been a huge Cowboys fan. Had season tickets for many years when I was there and still have a strong rooting interest in the team. I am a huge Romo fan. I love the way that guy plays.

And too bad about Favre. I was sorry to see him get hurt. Hope he can make it back very soon. He said yes...but who knows?

HoustonFrog
11-30-2007, 08:19 AM
I've always been a huge Cowboys fan. Had season tickets for many years when I was there and still have a strong rooting interest in the team. I am a huge Romo fan. I love the way that guy plays.

And too bad about Favre. I was sorry to see him get hurt. Hope he can make it back very soon. He said yes...but who knows?

I've explained it on here many times too. I grew up in Ft. Worth and have been a Cowboy fan since the 70s. I moved here in 93. I like the Oilers growing up too and have supported the home team here...although more over the last couple of years.

Joe Texan
11-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Typical Wac cowboy response, How can a ref right in front of the play looking straight at the whole incident be wrong but the one behind the play throw the flag after however long it took him to run down there to call it. It is absolutely the Right call to say the refs try to influence the game. I would like to know exactly this guy who called the play was when the socalled interference was called.

benefactor
11-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Talk about speculative..how do you know it didn't slow him down? Look at the replay again because I think your DVR is broken. He grabbed his arm and had his other hand on him. Even if it is for 2 seconds it is pass interference in the NFL past 10 yards. It is called every game. That isn't incidental contact. You can't do the one and then say..."well the feet being tangled is incidental." It is a complete joke. You actually make my point with the T.O. play. Another TD given away. You act like that was 3rd down and Dallas would have to punt. When you start making excuses for why one team didn't get their asses kick it is laughable. Sorry but the better team won and there is no one on either side saying any different. Its like people just want an excuse to say Dallas didn't deserve it when they completely outplayed GB.

Well...I just watched it again and just as I said before, the contact with the hands was basically nothing and had no affect on the receiver. They were running stride for stride the whole time and the feet got tangled. Why is the feet getting tangled a joke? It happens ALL the time and is not called. I never said Dallas didn't play better....and I am not making excuses for Green Bay. Those things are irrelevant to the discussion. My argument is with the ability to review calls like that in any game....not just this one...especially in a close game where a momentum shifting call could be pivotal. One of us is right and one of us is wrong....and a review will settle it.

And what I said about the T.O. play makes the point for both of us...because I could easily counter by saying the same type of play could have happened right after the pass interference call. Its speculation either way.

HoustonFrog
11-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Typical Wac cowboy response, How can a ref right in front of the play looking straight at the whole incident be wrong but the one behind the play throw the flag after however long it took him to run down there to call it. It is absolutely the Right call to say the refs try to influence the game. I would like to know exactly this guy who called the play was when the socalled interference was called.

OK, I'll play

How about bogus 12 men on the field play? Result: replay 3rd down -> Touchdown.
How about non-call roughing the kicker? Pack get the ball back.
Pass Interference? The play was not 3rd down so even on an incomplete the way they were moving the ball, the PI call was just a shortcut.

Refs huddle to correct each other all the time. The one guy right on the play might be behind the guys and not have seen the hand check. By the way, what league do you watch where a hand check and hand on the back past 10yards is legal?As I said above, it wasn't even a defining play. It was like 1st down. You really sounds desperate dude and it is a sad commentary. The Cowboys are one of the most penalized teasm in the league. Look it up. Please stop making this worse for yourself since I'm here on this baord all the time as a Texans supporter.

Well...I just watched it again and just as I said before, the contact with the hands was basically nothing and had no affect on the receiver. They were running stride for stride the whole time and the feet got tangled. Why is the feet getting tangled a joke? It happens ALL the time and is not called. I never said Dallas didn't play better....and I am not making excuses for Green Bay. Those things are irrelevant to the discussion. My argument is with the ability to review calls like that in any game....not just this one...especially in a close game where a momentum shifting call could be pivotal. One of us is right and one of us is wrong....and a review will settle it.

And what I said about the T.O. play makes the point for both of us...because I could easily counter by saying the same type of play could have happened right after the pass interference call. Its speculation either way.

I agree that PI needs replay. I just think that once they see the hand on arm and hand behind him they are going to stay with the flag. Just from what I have seen and my opinion.

Showtime100
11-30-2007, 08:55 AM
That call was wrong in two ways. There is no pass intereference when legs get tangled and the ball wasn't catchable. My buddy who is a Cowboy fan was there and his seats were, as he put it, " at a perfect angle and height" to see the play and he was upset initially when he saw no flag because he was going to have to agree with the call of the ball being "not catchable." I couldn't believe such lucidity coming from him.

After all was said an done he of course backtracked and said the call as it was interpreted was the correct call. It's amazing, if they called incidendal he would have said the ball was catchable. He's my friend but he still sees only what he wants to see, Frog. If that call went against a Dallas defender you'd lose your mind and you know it. JMO.

ATX
11-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Still trying to figure out how that TO strip early in the game wasn't a strip.

Showtime100
11-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Still trying to figure out how that TO strip early in the game wasn't a strip.

Can't be done, it was a strip as plain as day. I'm sure Cowboy fans will throw there own spin on it, though.

HoustonFrog
11-30-2007, 09:07 AM
That call was wrong in two ways. There is no pass intereference when legs get tangled and the ball wasn't catchable. My buddy who is a Cowboy fan was there and his seats were, as he put it, " at a perfect angle and height" to see the play and he was upset initially when he saw no flag because he was going to have to agree with the call of the ball being "not catchable." I couldn't believe such lucidity coming from him.

After all was said an done he of course backtracked and said the call as it was interpreted was the correct call. It's amazing, if they called incidendal he would have said the ball was catchable. He's my friend but he still sees only what he wants to see, Frog. If that call went against a Dallas defender you'd lose your mind and you know it. JMO.

No, I wouldn't. When the ball drops just past the two players you don't know what is catchable and what is not. It isn't like it was 10 yards past them. Legs getting tangled IS incidental. Grabbing an arm while running and putting a hand on the back is interference in every game!!Sorry but it is in Texans games all day long with our defenders. I'm a fair evaluator or games. Dallas is one of the most penalized teams in the NFL right now. Saying they won last night on a call that wasn't a 3rd down play and would not have changed possessions is just assinine to me. Dallas outplayed them and the Packers and most rational observers have said the same. I pointed to just as many bad calls in my eyes above...not including the one at the top of the page. Every call, no matter how slight, makes some game changing difference because it changes a philosophy. I refuse to make excuses whether it is my team or the other team. That penalty didn't cause the Packers D to get torched all game.

The strip was a strip. I guess they saw it as TO had the ball first and went out of bounds or had progress stopped. Don't agree.

Stop making excuses.

Showtime100
11-30-2007, 09:17 AM
In regard to the hands, there was no interference. I really feel that way and am not just trying argue with you just for the sake of it. I also didn't say it cost them the game. I am suggesting, as is benefactor, that it was a major call and did change the face of the game. If I misunderstood benefactor my apologies to him.

Anyway, I know your thoughts, you know mine. Done. It was a really entertaining game and I was surprised at the score with, say, 8 mins left in the half.

BTW, anybody catch this pic at chron.com this morning? Says it al...lol.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Miscellaneous/342xSectionMain.jpg

HoustonFrog
11-30-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm all good with agreeing to disagree. I just want to let a Packer fan speak for many of the ones out there....since I have been reading a ton of stuff. This is off ESPN. JPDcramer is the guy

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3134592?prosaction=newpost&status=ok&prosaction=newpost&status=ok&prosaction=newpost&status=ok&status=ok&prosaction=newpost&status=ok&prosaction=newpost&status=ok&prosaction=newpost&status=ok&status=ok&prosaction=newpost&status=ok&prosaction=newpost&status=ok

As a Packer fan, it's embarrassing to see the officiating as the reason for the loss. It's also a shame to see the play calling being blamed. The reason the Packers lost can attributed to three things in decending order:

1.) They put no pressure on Romo. When you have all day to throw, no wonder your receivers can get deep.

2.) They had too many lapses in in the secondary. The game wasn't lost on the phantom PI call. It was lost on the completion on 3rd and 19.

3.) Brett had one of those "bad Brett" games. The offense is built for the short passing game. Why deviate from the game plan. They got to 10-1 by going short, short, short and then hit the deep ball. Why he was airing it out is beyond me.

4.) The offensive line gave him no time. But I think that could have been alleviated by going to quick slant passes.

Smart man besides listing 4 things in a "three" things list..lol

BwareofDWare
11-30-2007, 09:23 AM
First off the refs are inconsistant in today's NFL, but that has to do more with the rules being over complicated and confusing than anything else.

Lets take a look at the two "controversial calls".

1) TO's "fumble" - Yes it looked like he lost possession and got the ball stripped (I'd question if the Packer got his foot inbounds...its close...)

However, this is not a fumble according to the NFL rules. We all might remember a play a few weeks back when Hall did the exact same thing (excpet he stripped the ball away and picked it up) in a game versus the giants. You could clearly hear a whistle AFTER the ball was jarred loose. The play was talked about on the NFL network and the league explaination is that the instant forward progress is stopped the play is imediately dead. The whistle doesn't matter and nothing else matters. The play ends the play.

So TO caught the ball and was immediately held up stopping his forward progress right there. Therefore ending the play immediately. The stripp happened after the play was already dead. This in the NFL eyes the the same thing as down by contact.

2) The PI call - The NFL guys went crazt on this call. They just kept harping it up..IMO they created this controversy. They needed something to "talk about" and they choose that play....

Okay, the Packer defender put two hands on the receiver, he grab breifly his shoulder, ran into the receiver impedding his ability to make a play on the ball and he NEVER looked back or attempted to make a play on the ball. According the the NFL rules, incidental contact is waht occurs when both the defender and receiver make a play on the ball. (catch that....you have to make a play on the ball which GB did not) or the two players have to be running stride for stride and they feet get tangled...

They were not stride for stride, the defender was beat by at least a step, he NEVER made a play on the ball. That is PI.

If you want to talk about bad calls, lets look at the offsides on Ware, which happend on 3rd down and allowed the drive to continue. Leading to points on the board......That is a bad call. You have to be in the netrual zone or beyond BEFORE the ball is snapped. That didn't happen.

WWJD
11-30-2007, 09:26 AM
In regard to the hands, there was no interference. I really feel that way and am not just trying argue with you just for the sake of it. I also didn't say it cost them the game. I am suggesting, as is benefactor, that it was a major call and did change the face of the game. If I misunderstood benefactor my apologies to him.

Anyway, I know your thoughts, you know mine. Done. It was a really entertaining game and I was surprised at the score with, say, 8 mins left in the half.

BTW, anybody catch this pic at chron.com this morning? Says it al...lol.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Miscellaneous/342xSectionMain.jpg

I saw the Pack play several times at Texas Stadium when I had season tickets and there were always tons of Packers fans at the games. And they were always very nice people..I think they have the most loyal fan base of all the NFL teams.

Showtime100
11-30-2007, 09:44 AM
The place was even loud at halftime. I'm just hoping that, even though I saw it from the comfort of my home, the NFL realized that a massive amount of people missed out on the game that would have been a great showcase for all fans to see. Naaa, what am I talking about..... the NFL caring......I apparently need one more cup of coffee.

powerfuldragon
11-30-2007, 10:06 AM

i thought i saw something like that called on mario a game or two ago.

Dread-Head
11-30-2007, 10:58 AM
The Cowgirls took out Favre. I'm sorry. If you're on the Pac's defense and your QB is taken out the gloves are off and you're mission is to bring the pain to anyone wearing a silver helmet.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2007, 11:01 AM
The Cowgirls took out Favre. I'm sorry. If you're on the Pac's defense and your QB is taken out the gloves are off and you're mission is to bring the pain to anyone wearing a silver helmet.

The Packers did try to take it out on anyone wearing a silver helmet.... Problem was the Cowboys were wearing throw-back white helmets....

:whip:

:jk: with you DH!!!

HJam72
11-30-2007, 11:08 AM
The Packers did try to take it out on anyone wearing a silver helmet.... Problem was the Cowboys were wearing throw-back white helmets....

:whip:

:jk: with you DH!!!

Dang, those tricky Cowboys!!! :user:

WWJD
11-30-2007, 11:14 AM

The Packers played better when the 2nd string guy came in..Brett was having a horrible game.

StarStruck
11-30-2007, 12:07 PM

Rodgers scared me. When Favre was out there, I was surfing the net, eating peanuts, enjoying a beverage, and scanning emails. When Rodgers game in, after a few plays, he had my undivided attention.

HoustonFrog
11-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Rodgers scared me. When Favre was out there, I was surfing the net, eating peanuts, enjoying a beverage, and scanning emails. When Rodgers game in, after a few plays, he had my undivided attention.

I was the same way because Dallas went away from their plan and backups have caused problems in their past.

Brando
12-01-2007, 05:29 PM
I hate saying this but the Dallas Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl this year.:bat:

Dread-Head
12-01-2007, 10:46 PM
I hate saying this but the Dallas Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl this year.:bat:

Sweet, merciful mother of god I hope not.

:gun:

kastofsna
12-01-2007, 10:51 PM
still sticking with my pick of the Bucs making it to the Super Bowl.

WWJD
12-02-2007, 11:12 AM

Hope so!

StarStruck
12-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Interesting article found in the FW Star Telegram.

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/v-print/story/336430.html

Coaches deserve special thanks for daily grind they go through