PDA

View Full Version : So im banned

Grid
11-28-2007, 11:31 PM
So I got banned from the "official forums".. probably because I pointed out to someone that most of the people posting on the boards lately are ignorant whiny jackasses.

So I thought it was past time I came over here and chatted with folks :D.

So, I see alot of people here are feeling down about the Texans. Personally, Im very happy.

In just 2 years Kubiak, Smith, and the FO have transformed this team from a perpetual bottom dweller, to a team on the cusp of the playoffs.

Yah we are inconsistent, and we still have a couple of glaring holes.. but it cant be denied that we are a team on the rise. We have a great young QB who, despite being a starter for the first time, is already twice the QB that Carr was. We have Andre Johnson showing that he is one of (if not the) best young WR in the league.. we have a slew of WRs stepping up and making our offense awesome.. and we have a young defense that is struggling to be consistent but has obvious talent.

Yah this year probably aint gonna end where we would have LIKED it to.. but we are so close now... and we are gonna have so much cap space this next offseason... and Richard Smith has already shown the ability to sign talented players. I easily see us as a playoff team next year.

Im stoked. Yah we are gonna have to go through another offseason.. but that just gives me another year to save up for playoff tickets :D.

Cheer up everyone.. it isnt near as bad as yall make it seem.

gg no re
11-28-2007, 11:32 PM
so uh

why'd you even go to the "official" forums

Grid
11-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Well.. traditionally the official forums got about 10x more traffic than these forums.. but I see that yall are actually getting alot of traffic here now :D. Looks like the only thing the official forum has that these dont have is the legion of screaming bandwagoners.

stingray
11-28-2007, 11:37 PM
I stopped going to the official forum. There's alot of immature young posters on there who think they know it all.

brakos82
11-28-2007, 11:39 PM
I thought the "Official board" spontaneously combusted... :shades:

adam
11-28-2007, 11:47 PM
I will agree with you on the fact that our team is progressing (slowly, but surely) and that we are better off than we were during the Capers/Carr era. That said, there is a lot to be disappointed about. Our "premier" tight-end (who Matt seems to be inclined to throw to) can't hang onto the football, our defense doesn't execute, there has been little done with the o-line, and despite an increase in talent, we have yet to form any sort of character or identity. The fact that we'd be 4-7 and completely out of the playoff picture had it not been for some heroics by Kris Brown in a game versus the Miami Dolphins shows that this team has a ways to go before it can be a true force to be reckoned with. Matt needs to get his head on right during clutch situations, we have to stop turning the ball over, we need to do better with both our defensive and offensive schemes, and for god's sake, could someone on defense please make a play when it matters most? Even the best cornerback we have (Dunta) got beat for a loss, during that huge comeback against the Titans.

This team needs the one thing that all of the cap room in the world can't buy: heart.

That said, cheers to the rest of the season!

Allstar
11-28-2007, 11:53 PM
I tend to post sporatically, but I've done a lot of lurking in my day and one thing I noticed was that as soon as the official site got an "upgrade", a hoard of new users started posting, most of which were ignorant know-it-alls. Did this coincide with the site make-over or was I just imagining it?

Grid
11-29-2007, 12:04 AM
I will agree with you on the fact that our team is progressing (slowly, but surely) and that we are better off than we were during the Capers/Carr era. That said, there is a lot to be disappointed about. Our "premier" tight-end (who Matt seems to be inclined to throw to) can't hang onto the football, our defense doesn't execute, there has been little done with the o-line, and despite an increase in talent, we have yet to form any sort of character or identity. The fact that we'd be 4-7 and completely out of the playoff picture had it not been for some heroics by Kris Brown in a game versus the Miami Dolphins shows that this team has a ways to go before it can be a true force to be reckoned with. Matt needs to get his head on right during clutch situations, we have to stop turning the ball over, we need to do better with both our defensive and offensive schemes, and for god's sake, could someone on defense please make a play when it matters most? Even the best cornerback we have (Dunta) got beat for a loss, during that huge comeback against the Titans.

This team needs the one thing that all of the cap room in the world can't buy: heart.

Well.. the way I see it:

1) Daniels is young. This is only his second year, and while his fumbling issues are a real problem... Im not gonna get worried about it yet. Im sure HE is aware that it is an issue, and im sure Kubiak is aware that it is an issue.. and im sure steps are going to be taken to fix it. As talented as he is, I see him fixing the problem and being a mainstay in our offense.

2) Our offense in general has been great..but flawed. We have a superb passing game and we can build on that. As you said though..our Oline is the problem. I AM a bit worried about this.. but im going to keep my finger off the panic button till I see what we do this offseason. In Kubiaks first year.. he wasnt sure what we had there, and we had just brought in a couple new guys, and a couple rookies, and gotten a new Oline coach in Sherman.. so we DID take steps to improve it. This year.. I think we got a little caught up in the "wait for Spencer" thing.. and didnt quite address it as much as we should have. However, we also had limited cap space to work with as we were cutting alot of fat from the roster. This coming offseason.. there are no excuses.. our Oline continues to be a weakness, and Spencer cannot be counted on to return.. and we have a buttload of cap space. If we do not take HUGE steps to improve our Oline this offseason.. THEN im gonna be worried.

3) This kinda belongs under #2 but ill start a new number for it :D. Running game. We have proven this year that we have a QB that can get the ball down the field, and WRs that can help him do it. Honestly we have one of the best passing games in the league. With that in mind, I am hoping that we get away from this "pound the ball" philosophy and get us a quick scat back that can be a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball, and can also take full advantage of our screens. Basically, I think we should depend on our passing game, improve our oline alot, and then get a fast RB that can take advantage of Schaub and AJ/Davis/Walter spreading the field and giving him lots of running room to once he gets into the secondary.

4) I think our problems with turning the ball over, and having troubles moving the ball at times, can all be linked to a poor oline and running game. Also, Schaub is starting for the first time..and he has some learning to do as well. Im confident that if we fix our Oline and get a better RB.. all of our problems on offense will be fixed very quickly.

5) On defense..we are very young. Yes we need some consistency, and we need players that will step up and make big plays when we need them most.. but I think alot of that will come in time as these guys mature. In the meantime.. we really need to improve our depth at some positions, and we need to consider that Drob may not return, or if he does..he may never be the player he was. Secondary needs some love. And with Dunta.. he had been shutting them down all day long before he got beat that one time. Yah it was a bad time to get beat.. but really..he should have had more help during that game.

So..all in all.. I agree with the problems you listed, but also feel that none of it is stuff that is gonna hold us down for long. Oline and RB fixes the majority of our problems.. then we just need to continue improving our defense where we can, and let them mature into the defense they have the potential to be.

Malloy
11-29-2007, 01:25 AM
WB Grid, you troublemaker :)

Andrew6
11-29-2007, 01:26 AM
how'd you get banned?

Malloy
11-29-2007, 01:31 AM
I wanna hear the potty-mouth too. If you do not get banned, then we're like sooo much more lenient here :)

Scooter
11-29-2007, 01:44 AM

i've read this a few times ... i'm unsure what exactly people are wanting or expecting as far as "identity".

we're a finesse team with an explosive pass first offense, and a smaller athletic defense that, as our personnel seems to be pointing towards, is a hard hitting bend but dont break D.

the last 2 years have been experimenting, cap purging, and atleast a 60% roster turnover ... in the next 2 years it'll be painfully obvious what direction this team is heading as far as identity as we build the team with who we want (as opposed to who's available), but right now i really like where we're at and where we're heading.

Leahmic223
11-29-2007, 01:46 AM
So I got banned from the "official forums".. probably because I pointed out to someone that most of the people posting on the boards lately are ignorant whiny jackasses.

So I thought it was past time I came over here and chatted with folks :D.

So, I see alot of people here are feeling down about the Texans. Personally, Im very happy.

In just 2 years Kubiak, Smith, and the FO have transformed this team from a perpetual bottom dweller, to a team on the cusp of the playoffs.

Yah we are inconsistent, and we still have a couple of glaring holes.. but it cant be denied that we are a team on the rise. We have a great young QB who, despite being a starter for the first time, is already twice the QB that Carr was. We have Andre Johnson showing that he is one of (if not the) best young WR in the league.. we have a slew of WRs stepping up and making our offense awesome.. and we have a young defense that is struggling to be consistent but has obvious talent.

Yah this year probably aint gonna end where we would have LIKED it to.. but we are so close now... and we are gonna have so much cap space this next offseason... and Richard Smith has already shown the ability to sign talented players. I easily see us as a playoff team next year.

Im stoked. Yah we are gonna have to go through another offseason.. but that just gives me another year to save up for playoff tickets :D.

Cheer up everyone.. it isnt near as bad as yall make it seem.

I have been saying this during the week. Some people are overreacting to our recent loss. I just think good teams are not usually born overnight. Yeah you get a suprise team every year, but it usually is because the team added that one piece to the puzzle that revealed the picture.

I think we get a playmaker at safety and a consistent RB we'll be a team contending in the playoffs. Also this is assuming Dunta can play again and be effective.

Dread-Head
11-29-2007, 01:49 AM
LOL Ironically I found this thread after being temporarily banned from the "official" thread. Strangely enough the guy who banned me told me about this board. Nice guy. He was half Japanese and gave me his mother's variation of my favorite Japanese dish.

Grid
11-29-2007, 02:35 AM
how'd you get banned?

im not entirely sure.. but the last post that I made in the forum was in response to someone who was trying to say "We complain because we care".

I responded to him by pointing out that there is a difference between "complaining" and "spouting ignorant B.S."

I then made few paragraphs similar to the ones ive made in this thread, talking about our weaknesses and how we needed to improve to become a winning team. And explained that "this is complaining because you care".

Then I pointed out some other posts on the forums which said things such as "FIYAAAA BOB MCNAIR!" and "Schaub is Carr all over again!" and "Fire Kubiak!" and "This team is cursed" and "We arent ever going to go anywhere." and said that this is not "complaining because you care" this is a bunch of whiny, ignorant, useless little jackasses spewing their worthless uneducated opinions all over our forums.

Actually I think I was a little less "volatile" than that..but you get the drift.

It was either that post, or the other post I made that explained how the official forums had led me to the conclusion that people from Houston, for all their moral strength and friendly demeanor, really are uneducated rednecks.. and that I may have jumped the gun when I defended southerners from all those yankees stereotyping us as ignorant, inbred idiots.

Whatever the case.. I think my restrained usage of "potty language" is alot less offensive than the crap they let idiotic people post on that forum. Honestly I wouldnt have any reason to USE the word Jackass if they would quit letting them come to our forum after every loss so they could rant about how we need to fire our coaching staff, cut our starters, and sign the best starters from the other 31 teams.

PapaL
11-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Some of us are on a self imposed ban from that other site. Personally I think this one is much better, more knowledgable people and just flows better.

I should check if my other account is still active...

Tedc
11-29-2007, 07:44 AM
Welcome home, Grid.

You should have been here to begin with.

TEXANRED
11-29-2007, 07:52 AM
It was either that post, or the other post I made that explained how the official forums had led me to the conclusion that people from Houston, for all their moral strength and friendly demeanor, really are uneducated rednecks.. and that I may have jumped the gun when I defended southerners from all those yankees stereotyping us as ignorant, inbred idiots.

I would ban you for that one.

I take it your not from Houston.

aj.
11-29-2007, 08:02 AM

I thought it was kind of humorous actually (the whiny jackass part) in the context of the rest of that thread... and certainly not worth banning. In the literal sense of the code of conduct, yes, but I've seen far worse left alone.

LOL Ironically I found this thread after being temporarily banned from the "official" thread. Strangely enough the guy who banned me told me about this board. Nice guy. He was half Japanese and gave me his mother's variation of my favorite Japanese dish.

The admin on houstontexans.com is also the admin here. The moderators on houstontexans.com are part of the moderator group here.

As far as the two boards, one of the reasons I still post there is that I'd like to see the 'official' board represent well. They get a lot of transient traffic from nfl.com and other referencing sites and a lot of times, it's other fans' first glimpse into our fan world. I always posted on the 'official' board for whatever reason and even though I'm not on the boards nearly as much as I used to be, when I'm on I try to do my small part to bring up the level of football talk there.

A lot of people over here left voluntarily (and some angrily) when the board switched platforms and was having operability issues. I've seen a lot of active recruiting to 'come on over' here because basically 'all the smart people' and the 'heart and soul' are over here and its basically a bunch of bozos over there. Not sure if that's healthy, or fair... to the non-bozos at least.

Given time and no interference, the 'official' board will build up its community of quality posters just like it did before - that's where most of us started anyway. Again, I'd like to see both boards represent the Texans well. In all honesty I think the quality of Texans talk on both boards has gone down over the years. Maybe I'm just getting tired of reading the same old stuff - here and there.

edo783
11-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Good to see ya Grid. I enjoy your posts and insight or maybe incite...oh well. I agree that the official board has went down hill (I still post there also) and it seems to be due to just what you say, a group of what seems to be fairly young folks, based on how they say things, that for what ever reason just like to take a real negative position (I suspect several are actually Trolls) and like to start flame wars against anyone who doesn't agree with their position. The group here has a large group of former posters on the main board and most were/are pretty darn knowledgable. Not that they don't go off in the weeds on ocassion.

badboy
11-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Just remember that bozos and redneck jackasses need love too. I just prefer if it was not with each other. I no longer post on the other MB either and although no sport genius, I like to think I and others can contribute. Sometimes I can't control myself and post something I think is funny but probably comes across stupid. I am that way in my personal life. Sometime I post outlandish thoughts to see how others react. Maybe some remember my thread during last off season should AJ be traded? I thought it was a reasonable thought but the feedback was not very positive.

I guess the "complaint" I have is that if someone voices a reasonable thought that "our" team or a player is not doing well, hell breaks loose from some. I think some posters get wrapped in the colors of the team and identify themselves as part of the team. To a certain point that is ok, but not to go overboard and "hate" or "love" the Texans just because.

Malloy
11-29-2007, 09:19 AM

You're just pissy because it's partly true :)

Marcus
11-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Grid, you must have gotten banned for something more than just calling posters in general 'ignorant whiny jackasses'. Assuming you were banned for "namecalling", unless someone turned up the 'weenie' knob on the mods recently, I thought that only had to do with calling out a particular poster by name.

Most of the posters on the official board, and also this board are ignorant whiny jackasses. That's my opinion, and I've expressed that more times than I can count.

nunusguy
11-29-2007, 09:21 AM
The admin on houstontexans.com is also the admin here. The moderators on houstontexans.com are part of the moderator group here.

Very Interesting ! I didn't know that ? But then I rarely get over to the "official Board" these days. I just got out of the habit because it seemed most of the guys who's views, comments, etc. were of most interest and
informational and yea provocative to me hung around this site but not the other. But the bureaucracy composed of adminstrators and moderators are 2 different groups with some overlap ?
The moderators here are a good group of guys (guess they are all guys?). Oh I guess they're kinda a little clique that's always giving each other "high-fives" (I think they call it "reps"). I dunno, maybe that's their way of bonding. But they really are fairly tolerant and give us quite a bit of latitude. Apparently more so than the official site ?
Are all moderators required to identify themselves as such ?
But this is a great Board and whenever I'm gone, out-of-town, whatever
I'm always interested to see what's been said when I get back.

Marcus
11-29-2007, 09:22 AM

QFT!

Marcus
11-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Are all moderators required to identify themselves as such?

If you get banned, the mod that bans you dang well should.

Tedc
11-29-2007, 09:39 AM
Strangely enough the guy who banned me told me about this board. Nice guy. He was half Japanese and gave me his mother's variation of my favorite Japanese dish.

I don't know who you could be talking about:shades: but I want that recipe. Do I need to get banned to get it?

GuerillaBlack
11-29-2007, 09:41 AM
I don't mess with that place.

badboy
11-29-2007, 09:57 AM
I don't know who you could be talking about:shades: but I want that recipe. Do I need to get banned to get it?Nah, just ask Vinny. He can probably help you.

infantrycak
11-29-2007, 09:59 AM
In all honesty I think the quality of Texans talk on both boards has gone down over the years. Maybe I'm just getting tired of reading the same old stuff - here and there.

I think it is the latter--same discussions about trading up, trading down, need a LT, need a real RB, fire X, etc. Feels very been there done that at times.

[Not directed to aj, but to everyone]

Vinny is the admin on both sites under the control of an owner on each--Hookem here and the Texans there. The mods at HT.com are a subset of those here.

A little history. HT.com was running this software (vbulletin) when traffic was high and essentially the full mod staff here currently were the mods there. When the Texans decided to redo their main web-site the development company convinced them they could also do a MB but could not import any of the history. The Texans were however willing to give the history to us and Hookem who was having severe server issues with the software he was running here decided (with contributions from several fans) to upgrade to vbulletin here. That let us bring the history of HT.com here. With it came a great many of the folks who used to post at HT.com. Meanwhile the new software at HT.com was virtually un-moderatable and to compound that problem the Texans only wanted a couple of mods--meaning fewer people trying to do a job which had just become much harder. With the exodus of many of the long term posters, HT.com was left with fewer long term people providing good behavior examples and a whole bunch of new people who in some cases either didn't pay attention to or flaunted the rules. After seeing the disaster that was resulting, the Texans came around and went back to vbulletin and have allowed a couple more mods. Like aj said, in time HT.com will build a base again. There are fewer mods there and we are not going to catch everything. If someone sees an issue on either site, please pm me or another mod on either MB.

Edit--after a little investigation--Grid your account was not suspended simply for the jackass comment but for a series of insults such as telling people they had no education, that they were suffering from an acute case of stupidity and that humanity would suffer if they procreated. That kind of stuff isn't acceptable there or here.

Double Barrel
11-29-2007, 11:53 AM
I stopped going to the official forum. There's alot of immature young posters on there who think they know it all.

I read it all the time but rarely get inspired enough to post. I suppose I should try to set an example, but monkeys flinging poo rarely pay attention to the concept of standards.

The moderators here are a good group of guys (guess they are all guys?). Oh I guess they're kinda a little clique that's always giving each other "high-fives" (I think they call it "reps"). I dunno, maybe that's their way of bonding. But they really are fairly tolerant and give us quite a bit of latitude. Apparently more so than the official site ?

We have female mods here. You'll have to figure out who is who, though. :shades:

Funny comment about "high fives". The overwhelming majority of my own rep has come from regular posters, not mods. I give out positive rep fairly liberally...not that it means much to me, but it is a nice way to prop someone without mucking the threads up with "good post" posts.

Mods don't have banning powers, btw (too bad! :neener:). Seriously, though, that is the power of admins. Mods are just volunteer peace keepers, but more importantly, regular fans just like everyone else. We are no better or worse than anyone in having opinions or being in an emotional elevator from an inconsistent team with a history of losing.

Most of the posters on the official board, and also this board are ignorant whiny jackasses. That's my opinion, and I've expressed that more times than I can count.

Yet you keep coming back. Glutton for punishment or birds of a feather? :winky:

HoustonFrog
11-29-2007, 12:10 PM

I stopped going there the minute this one was up. Just like the posters and content and the way it is set up. This is the first season I have posted alot during the season. Usually I was off-season for the draft and free agency and then posted as needed during the games. But I'm personally attached here now. I will say there is a certain amount of frustration on the weekly cycles of how people see the team though.

threetoedpete
11-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I tend to post sporatically, but I've done a lot of lurking in my day and one thing I noticed was that as soon as the official site got an "upgrade", a hoard of new users started posting, most of which were ignorant know-it-alls. Did this coincide with the site make-over or was I just imagining it?

Well all I know is i never could get my e-mail straightened out ? I took it as a sign. I use to go over there and read some of the posts. My thought was the lame and ignorant needed a site too, so I left them to it. I was not impressed.
My favorites are on here now. No reason to go back.

Dread-Head
11-29-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't know who you could be talking about:shades: but I want that recipe. Do I need to get banned to get it?

It's called Okonomiyaki. It's a regional dish really popular in Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe and my favorite food on the planet. It's the Japanese equivilent of a pizza. It's grilled bread dish made with an egg and rice flour batter along with fresh cabbage and either pork or seafood and topped with a special sauce. If you're serious I can post an actual recipie for it.

santo
11-29-2007, 01:22 PM
It's called Okonomiyaki. It's a regional dish really popular in Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe and my favorite food on the planet. It's the Japanese equivilent of a pizza. It's grilled bread dish made with an egg and rice flour batter along with fresh cabbage and either pork or seafood and topped with a special sauce. If you're serious I can post an actual recipie for it.

I wouldn't mind you posting it. Sounds good.

Grid
11-29-2007, 02:41 PM
ahh.. lol.

So it was a series of three posts :D. The two I mentioned before, and my response to the guy who said we needed to "FIYYAAAAA BOB MCNAIR!"

The dude Typed Like This And Used Gangsta Slang To Try And Make The Lame And Idiotic Suggestion That We Needed To "FIYAAA" (fire) Our Owner.

Someone asked why he capitalized every word and I responded that he was simply uneducated and thought it looked cool. Then I went on to say that ignorance is curable, but this guy was suffering from an acute case of stupidity and should be put down before he has the chance to procreate, or all humanity may suffer.

*shrug*

Id say it again in a heartbeat. If someone is an *****, they need to be informed of it so that they can fix it.

HOU-TEX
11-29-2007, 02:48 PM
ahh.. lol.

So it was a series of three posts :D. The two I mentioned before, and my response to the guy who said we needed to "FIYYAAAAA BOB MCNAIR!"

The dude Typed Like This And Used Gangsta Slang To Try And Make The Lame And Idiotic Suggestion That We Needed To "FIYAAA" (fire) Our Owner.

Someone asked why he capitalized every word and I responded that he was simply uneducated and thought it looked cool. Then I went on to say that ignorance is curable, but this guy was suffering from an acute case of stupidity and should be put down before he has the chance to procreate, or all humanity may suffer.

*shrug*

Id say it again in a heartbeat. If someone is an *****, they need to be informed of it so that they can fix it.

LMAO! I saw the thread you're talking about. That's the exact reason I no longer post there anymore. I quit when it was the first new version and when xtroyaltyx said this one was back up.

:texflag:

Malloy
11-29-2007, 02:49 PM

Sounds interesting, please post a recipe :)

austintexanite
11-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Crazy, to think that a lot of posters complained about other teams sites. Btw, I like your assessment of this years team, I pretty much agree that we are a heck of a lot better but we are our own worst enemy. We can still go 8-8.

cuppacoffee
11-29-2007, 03:28 PM
ahh.. lol.

*shrug*

That is probably what caused the ban.

Putting people down is not cool. It's legal in a few states...but stupidity currently isn't one of the offenses for which people are put down...usually just an underlying circumstance.

I doubt that a certified ***** has the acuity to see his/her doctor about removing them from the gene pool.

I've noticed on both Texan sites I frequent that attacking the poster seems to be ok if the poster contains themselves to calling others trolls, bandwagoners (?), haters, apologists and a few other names that I can't recall at the moment... :D

:coffee:

Double Barrel
11-29-2007, 03:48 PM
I've noticed on both Texan sites I frequent that attacking the poster seems to be ok if the poster contains themselves to calling others trolls, bandwagoners (?), haters, apologists and a few other names that I can't recall at the moment... :D

Trolls get no mercy!! :pirate:

But I agree about the rest. I don't see the need to call out fellow Texans fans and question their devotion to a lost cause. It takes all kinds....except trolls!!!

Maddict5
11-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Trolls get no mercy!! :pirate:

But I agree about the rest. I don't see the need to call out fellow Texans fans and question their devotion to a lost cause. It takes all kinds....except trolls!!!

thats the spirit!!

ubecool454
11-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Its hard to get rep power on this board..lol

Tedc
11-29-2007, 04:16 PM

It used to be that you would call someone an (hole in a donkey) and the censor would spell out "Bud Adams".

Dread-Head
11-29-2007, 04:40 PM
I wouldn't mind you posting it. Sounds good.

Traditional Japanese dish

Okonomiyaki:

ingredients: two cups of rice flour, one egg(you can substiute quail eggs or you can use one large egg and two yolks), two table spoons of white miso paste, half a pound of *cleaned and deveined shrimp (you can also use lobster, crab, crawfish, cuttle fish, squid or girlled pork) 1 cup of shredded cabbage, half a cup of shredded or powdered nori (dehydrated seaweed sheets), 3 tablespoons of shredded yamaimo (optional), 1/4 cup of okonomiyaki sauce, two table spoons of cupie brand mayonaise. 1 tablespoon of red pickled ginger. 2 tbs of oil

You'll need: A griddle or a large pan or other flat cooking surface.

Steps:
Mix the miso paste with enough water to where you make a slurry. set this aside

1. and mix the rice flour with enough water to where you get a nice moderately thick batter. It should be the constency of a good pancake/waffle batter. Mix in the whole egg and beat lightly to where the egg becomes part of the batter, but don't over beat it. At this point add the miso slurry and mix until your batter becomes a nice brownish red.

2. Place the primary ingredients (shrimp/ pork whatever) in on your cooking surface with a little oil and grill them until they are cooked. With the pork it takes a bit longer (for obvious reasons) but with shrimp and seafood it's much quicker.

3. When this has been done add enough batter to the top of the grilling ingredient to cover it completely. Try to keep this in a pancake type shape. Personally I don't like for these things to be bigger than 10-12 inches in diameter, but that's just me.

4. Before this has a chance to set, sprinkle on a layer of cabbage and yamaimo (if you chose to use it) and when it sets cover that layer with a little more batter until it sets.

5. Now comes the tricky part. Flip this (use two spatulas if needed...and they might be) and cook the other side...it won't take as long.

6. set this on a plate and apply the okonomiyaki sauce and shredded nori. squeeze the mayo on (it's in a squeeze bottle) in the pattern of your choice and place some red pickled ginger in the center. If you did this right it'll be light fluffy and beautiful...If not I'm sorry it's been a couple of years since I made one of these.

*the main ingredient is entirely up to you you can even do a combination of the ingredients in question.

Ryan
11-29-2007, 04:46 PM

no, it was the same thing for me. I stopped going over there once it "upgraded". The people that posted there were very immature and juvenile to me, although i'm young as well.

Mr PC
11-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Thats funny, earlier this week I was also banned from the official site, and also for calling someone a jackass (I was responding to the OP who created a thread entitled "Owen Daniels Sucks").

Runner
11-29-2007, 05:15 PM
The moderators here are a good group of guys (guess they are all guys?).

You'd have to ask Texans Chick about that.

Blue name.

==========================

I haven't been back to the Texans official board since this one came back in its current state. One is enough for me.

False Start
11-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Texans Talk > "Official" Board ...........

Marcus
11-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Most of the posters on the official board, and also this board are ignorant whiny jackasses. That's my opinion, and I've expressed that more times than I can count. Yet you keep coming back. Glutton for punishment or birds of a feather? :winky:

There are particular posters, that whenever they post, about any subject, I make it a point to read them. It's sad that I can count them with the fingers of only one hand. They are far more intelligent, knowledgable, and insightful than I am, which is why I always learn something when I read them.

That's what keeps me coming back. I don't want to toot your horn or anything, but you just happen to be one of them. :)

TEXANRED
11-29-2007, 06:01 PM

No, I'm dry.

TEXANRED
11-29-2007, 06:02 PM

Well I can count 3152 times.

powerfuldragon
11-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Blue name.

i hear the red ones can do stuff like this. (http://www.break.com/index/the-perfect-kickball-shot.html)

Thorn
11-29-2007, 06:36 PM
So I got banned from the "official forums"..

Meh...go for it. I collected a warning on a BBS I help moderate for insulting one of the posters. It's the internet. :user:

Grid
11-29-2007, 06:39 PM
That is probably what caused the ban.

Putting people down is not cool. It's legal in a few states...but stupidity currently isn't one of the offenses for which people are put down...usually just an underlying circumstance.

I doubt that a certified ***** has the acuity to see his/her doctor about removing them from the gene pool.

Well the way I see it.. just because someone is a "public figure" that doesnt make insulting them any more acceptable than insulting a "normal" person.

When the Fire McNair post was made.. it was insulting to both Bob McNair..and all of the Texans fans that are forced to be associated with the poster.

Essentially what im trying to say is that I wasnt just tossing out insults because im an ass, I was tossing out insults because he was tossing out insults.

And im an ass.

HoustonFrog
11-29-2007, 06:44 PM
There are particular posters, that whenever they post, about any subject, I make it point to read them. It's sad that I can count them with the fingers of only one hand. They are far more intelligent, knowledgable, and inciteful than I am, which is why I always learn something when I read them.

That's what keeps me coming back. I don't want to toot your horn or anything, but you just happen to be one of them. :)

When are you going to buy the Double Barrel fathead for your wall:tease:

YoungTexanFan
11-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Well, I'm not going to read through 3 pages of stuff, but it's good to have you back Grid. I tried the "official" forums for a while, but the people there really pissed me off quickly. Hope the new kiddo is doing well and all, and glad you are back to the real message board. Also, I noticed that most of the good posters from the old board are actually on this board now. Good to have one more now.

Grid
11-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Well, I'm not going to read through 3 pages of stuff, but it's good to have you back Grid. I tried the "official" forums for a while, but the people there really pissed me off quickly. Hope the new kiddo is doing well and all, and glad you are back to the real message board. Also, I noticed that most of the good posters from the old board are actually on this board now. Good to have one more now.

Thanks! I guess the ban was a blessing cause I already feel alot beter here than on the offical forums heh.

Daughter is doing great.. shes hilarious now.. 16 months old and she is developing a personality.

texasguy346
11-29-2007, 09:44 PM
i hear the red ones can do stuff like this. (http://www.break.com/index/the-perfect-kickball-shot.html)

The red ones do stuff like that in their sleep. You don't want to see what they'll do if you cross them.

benefactor
11-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Wow...at least I'm not alone. I got told about the official Texans forums a while back about my cousin(Anti-Bush). I have always loved the Oilers/Texans but had little time to check out the board because I am a mod on a basketball message board. I finally headed over there and noticed many of the annoying posters you guys are talking about. I called one "uninformative" and got banned for it. The guy I said it to actually PM'ed me, threatening to run to a mod if I didn't apologize to him. I told him he'd probably get laughed at if he told on me and that what a said to him was common knowledge, as he had been identified as a troll my other posters. Well...here I am...because it seems it wasn't seen my way. Its kinda funny...on the board I moderate we actually partake in the hazing of the idiots....but I digress.

That being said, its good to be here....and I agree with the many others that say there are better posters here. For someone who can't even buy a Texans t-shirt in his town, this place is a fresh drink of water. I hope to post as much as I can but my responsibilities on the other board often limit me...so for the times I can be here...GO TEXANS!

infantrycak
11-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Essentially what im trying to say is that I wasnt just tossing out insults because im an ass, I was tossing out insults because he was tossing out insults.

And im an ass.

It's a simple rule and one--attack the post not the poster. Bob McNair isn't a MB member. Folks can criticize him and if they go over the top they make themselves look like an ass. People are free here or there to point out them going over the top but you can't attack the poster directly.

I called one "uninformative" and got banned for it.

BS--no one has ever been banned for a single post (time out maybe) or for such a mundane comment.

Double Barrel
11-30-2007, 11:00 AM
There are particular posters, that whenever they post, about any subject, I make it a point to read them. It's sad that I can count them with the fingers of only one hand. They are far more intelligent, knowledgable, and insightful than I am, which is why I always learn something when I read them.

Thanks, man. It's the regulars that have kept me coming here for years, too. Which is why I hate a losing product bringing out the worst in some folks and driving quality posting away. I've seen a tendency for posters to start attacking each other when we lose, and it's a mindset that has started to become engrained into a few Texans fans...I guess frustration and a lack of hope will do that to some folks.

But we can't let the monkeys flinging poo take over, so we have to forge ahead and keep hope alive. The team will get over the hump one day, so we just have to be patient and try to enjoy each others' company for the ride.

lol: Scary thought!

Its kinda funny...on the board I moderate we actually partake in the hazing of the idiots....but I digress.

The Texans FO places very strict guidelines on what behavior they will and will not allow on the official forum. After all, they are an NFL team, so anything they fund can directly reflect back on the organization. Many official forums for other teams have been shut down because of loose or no moderation. It's a privilege the Texans offer with a forum and not a right.

That's why you can have the same admins and mods for the official board and Texans Talk and they have completely different atmospheres. This is a private board, owned by an individual, so there is no corporate structure to dictate policy.

The problem with the official board is that the FO underestimated the forum's value to fans. They screwed up a good thing, the quality members left, so no standards have been established by long time members for peer review and pressure to keep noobs and trolls in line. It's basically a romper-room over there now, and quality thought gets trampled by the rush of poo flingers.

cuppacoffee
11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Well the way I see it.. just because someone is a "public figure" that doesnt make insulting them any more acceptable than insulting a "normal" person.

When the Fire McNair post was made.. it was insulting to both Bob McNair..and all of the Texans fans that are forced to be associated with the poster.

And im an ass.

That does seem to be a popular exercise around here,..... and there.

Not saying or implying that you are guilty, just stating an observation.

powerfuldragon
11-30-2007, 12:38 PM
The red ones do stuff like that in their sleep. You don't want to see what they'll do if you cross them.
oh xhiet

ubecool454
11-30-2007, 12:59 PM
The Titanstalk and official Texans boards are mild. Go over to the Carolinahuddle.com and see what they get away with.

Vinny
11-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Grid, when you were emailed I stated that your account was timed out for a week. That isn't a permanent ban. I've timed out hundreds of fans for the same stuff over the years and that is not your first one either (first time offenders get timed out for a day or two).

For the record, there are only 15 accounts out of THOUSANDS of user accounts that are banned permanently - 15 (and some of those 15 are pornography spammers). It's not often that we ban anyone on any sort of permanent basis. You have to either be belligerent or chronic to get a permanent banning if you are a regular. DB's post above is an excellent one.

Texans_Chick
11-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Grid, when you were emailed I stated that your account was timed out for a week. That isn't a permanent ban. I've timed out hundreds of fans for the same stuff over the years and that is not your first one either (first time offenders get timed out for a day or two).

For the record, there are only 15 accounts out of THOUSANDS of user accounts that are banned permanently - 15 (and some of those 15 are pornography spammers). It's not often that we ban anyone on any sort of permanent basis. You have to either be belligerent or chronic to get a permanent banning if you are a regular. DB's post above is an excellent one.

Interesting.

So what you are saying is that you have most awesome kickball powers. :cool:

Specnatz
11-30-2007, 02:23 PM
That does seem to be a popular exercise around here,..... and there.

Not saying or implying that you are guilty, just stating an observation.

No kidding here I have seen some people who instead of talking a a player or coaches abaility they just say he scuks, he is a dumbass, or he is a sorry excuse of a human being. When what they really ment to say is that I think his coaching style is wrong and his playing lacks imagination or for the player, due could not find his way out of a wet paper bag and he is slower than my Grandma in a scootaround.

Now of course I have had a few of my post deleted because of getting irratated with a player, coach and or a poster and deservidly so. I am not saying I am not without fault in these areas. It is good that the mods have done such a wonderful job that is not easy to do.

Interesting.

So what you are saying is that you have most awesome kickball powers. :cool:

TC please for the love of all us guys, please do not use kick and ball in the same sentence it brings up very bad imagery. :wild:

Marcus
11-30-2007, 04:34 PM

lol: Scary thought!

Oh my God! :hide:

:D

Grid
11-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Ya i know it was just a week long ban.. I never got an email, but when I go to the forums it says im banned till Dec 5th.

whatever the case, I like this forum better. In my 3 days here I havent seen a single post that made me throw up in the back of my mouth.

Dread-Head
11-30-2007, 09:27 PM

I think I got in trouble on the "official site" for using the term "m0therf#ker" and again for using the term "muff-hugga" because apparently (and I had no IDEA that this was the case
:whistle: ) when you say the latter, it sounds like the first. Fortunately I was guided here where I've been a pain in the @ss to the bulk of the posters here ever since. Mind you after one diatribe too many about Faggins' "coverage" I was mysteriously abducted, blindfolded, rolled up in a carpet, beaten with cricket bats and thrown off a small bridge into shallow water...but I wasn't banned. :user: