PDA

View Full Version : The Tennessee Titans Have the Worst Name in All of Sports

Texans_Chick
11-28-2007, 10:33 AM
As you know, I do not engage in much trash talk.

But in honor of the upcoming Texans-Titans game, I figured I would just speak some truth:

The Tennessee Titans Have the Worst Name in All of Sport (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/28/the-tennessee-titans-have-the-worst-name-in-all-of-sport/)

AOL decided to make it one of today's featured stories on FanHouse.

Big thanks to Overalls for the idea.

Note, that you can send it to friends, family and others with the email this link at the bottom.

I have no quarrel with Titan fans. I just think your owner is a boob, and feel bad for you that the only way you could get a team in TN was to deal with that guy.

AnthonyE
11-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Best. Article. Evar.

TD
11-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Nice article, but the video isn't accurate. Case in point.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/RiversCPA/TitansVideo.jpg

Texans_Chick
11-28-2007, 10:55 AM

Well, then, I suppose you need to leave a comment over there with words to that effect. The site asks for an email to leave a comment, but it is not tracked or anything.

I was just trying to be fair. Perhaps Bud Adams is a genius.

powerfuldragon
11-28-2007, 11:00 AM
TC, the scene of barbie coitus was disturbing. you've scarred me.

Texans_Chick
11-28-2007, 11:04 AM
TC, the scene of barbie coitus was disturbing. you've scarred me.

This is what happens when you are at your parents house for Thanksgiving, you are hanging out with family, you are bored, and you have a video camera and know the Texans are playing the Titans next week.

You should see the outtakes. I might have to put together a Director's Cut.

Double Barrel
11-28-2007, 11:22 AM
That's funny, TC! :heh:

Twisted, yes....probably a reason to like it! The butterknife sword was top notch, as was the credits. Good job!

Thanks for the humor today. I needed it on a tough humpday.

powerfuldragon
11-28-2007, 11:28 AM
This is what happens when you are at your parents house for Thanksgiving....

no excuses for such filth. :specnatz:

ahem... now excuse me while i go research obscenity laws.

Texans_Chick
11-28-2007, 11:38 AM
That's funny, TC! :heh:

Twisted, yes....probably a reason to like it! The butterknife sword was top notch, as was the credits. Good job!

Thanks for the humor today. I needed it on a tough humpday.

Glad you liked it. It's sort of an early Christmas present to the MB.

texasguy346
11-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Fantastic stuff. That video should be played before every Texans home game against the Titans.

Texans_Chick
11-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Fantastic stuff. That video should be played before every Texans home game against the Titans.

Some of the Titan fans do not care for what I wrote, and some of the braver ones who do not know how to use the caps button are commenting:

15. ufortunately steph, this article shows how backward and uneducated you are. what a freakin *****.

I love unintentional humor.

Please to all. Please feel free to leave a comment over there. Doesn't have to be much of one. The more comments, the more likely more people will see it because of the way that website works. :)

Specnatz
11-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Some of the Titan fans do not care for what I wrote, and some of the braver ones who do not know how to use the caps button are commenting:

I love unintentional humor.

Please to all. Please feel free to leave a comment over there. Doesn't have to be much of one. The more comments, the more likely more people will see it because of the way that website works. :)

I will leave a comment after I get home, but that was extremely funny yet disturbing. But the sense of humor is right up my alley.

Carr Bombed
11-28-2007, 02:24 PM
I had to post it over at the Jags MB.......hope you don't mind, but yeah, I loved it. :user:

Bulluck53
11-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Can't really defend Tennessee against anything that article says. The entire south is perceived 'backwards' so it doesn't bother me much. If that woman has ever been to Nashville and the surrounding counties she would think differently.

My serious response to this would be, do you guys know why they were named the Titans? Also, why our mascot is a racoon?

Texans_Chick
11-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Can't really defend Tennessee against anything that article says. The entire south is perceived 'backwards' so it doesn't bother me much. If that woman has ever been to Nashville and the surrounding counties she would think differently.

My serious response to this would be, do you guys know why they were named the Titans? Also, why our mascot is a racoon?

The article says this:

Tennessee is a lovely state with beautiful urban centers.

Are you saying this isn't true?

They are named the Titans because Nashville is "The Athens of the South." Basically, they want to crib some of Greek history without dealing with the particulars of the Titans--which is that they were kinda gross.

As for the racoon mascot, I have no idea. Maybe because they steal stuff? They like running over people in vehicles? I'd really like to know.

powerfuldragon
11-28-2007, 02:36 PM
As for the racoon mascot, I have no idea. Maybe because they steal stuff? They like running over people in vehicles? I'd really like to know.

one of bud adams' more insidious schemes. he wanted a cute, fuzzy, recognizable mascot that kids would bond to. he wanted to create superfans. also some racial brainwashy motivations.

austintexanite
11-28-2007, 02:40 PM
lol, pretty funny stuff there.

HOU-TEX
11-28-2007, 02:41 PM
The article says this:

Are you saying this isn't true?

They are named the Titans because Nashville is "The Athens of the South." Basically, they want to crib some of Greek history without dealing with the particulars of the Titans--which is that they were kinda gross.

I think it's because Bud uses racoon fur for that thing on his head. I reckon that frickin thing attracts all kinds of critters.

Texan_Bill
11-28-2007, 02:41 PM
This is what happens when you are at your parents house for Thanksgiving, you are hanging out with family, you are bored, and you have a video camera and know the Texans are playing the Titans next week.

You should see the outtakes. I might have to put together a Director's Cut.

Steph.. My sister and I choose to drink......... Heavily!!

I think the video was hugely funny... And thanks to Overalls too!!!

Texans_Chick
11-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Fun comments to read here:

From Kissing Suzy Kolber (uh, they use strong language there):

Classics Major Illustrates How Titans And Citizens Of Tennessee Are So Alike (http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/11/classics-major-illustrates-how-titans.html)

From With Leather (strong language there too):

MAYBE TENNESSEE SHOULD RETHINK 'TITANS' (http://www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=4446)

This little history lesson on the original Titans is chock-full o' incest (sex with mothers AND sisters), eating their own children, and the depenistration of one's father. Hey, just like Tennessee!

Nah, I'm just kiddin'. People from Tennessee don't eat babies.

Ahhhhh, trash talk, the modern way. :texflag:

Brando
11-28-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm still waiting for the email to confirm my comment. How long does it usually take?

I'm still waiting....it's been about an hour now.....

Hookem Horns
11-28-2007, 03:03 PM

Tennesseans don't eat children.

powerfuldragon
11-28-2007, 03:16 PM
my ego's too fragile for blogging on high traffic sites.

Texans_Chick
11-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm still waiting for the email to confirm my comment. How long does it usually take?

I'm still waiting....it's been about an hour now.....

Weird. Usually it goes right through.

Brando
11-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Weird. Usually it goes right through.

I sent another comment just now. Still nothing. Strange.

Blazing Arrow
11-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Yup all of that is true :listening

And you are still going to get toasted in Tennessee. Haynsworth is going to make Shammy Jam this Sunday!

Texan_Bill
11-28-2007, 06:52 PM
True... I heard that dirty, cheap shottin', soon to be free agent, thug, SOB, punk was coming back this week.

Blazing Arrow
11-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Only to remind you of your O-line with Carr.

Specnatz
11-28-2007, 07:44 PM

I am not sure if you get news out there because maybe Pelosi has deemed it so, so that people only get her version of things but Carr is no longer on the Texans so therefore the O line is improved by subtraction.

Double Barrel
11-28-2007, 08:04 PM

According to NFL.com, the Texans have given up fewer sacks than the Titans this year. We are tied for 7th for fewest sacks given up (tied with the Colts and Cowboys in this category).

The Titans have given up four more sacks than the Texans this year.

Obviously, for the slower football fans out there, the problem was not the line but the QB. We still have issues and need to upgrade, but watching the sack machine in Carolina clarifies the issue rather well.

So what's that you say about our o-line? :listening can we talk about passing stats now?

Texans_Chick
11-28-2007, 08:05 PM
True... I heard that dirty, cheap shottin', soon to be free agent, thug, SOB, punk was coming back this week.

Maybe. This is what Fisher said:

(on the condition of DT Albert Haynesworth) “We’re going to evaluate him today on the practice field. I think he may have a chance to participate in a limited basis on the practice field. That’s all I can say at this point.”

I think he plays.

BSofA04
11-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Steph, that video was too funny! Thanks for the laugh, I sent it to my friend who's a teetin fan. Ever consider sending the video link to McClain and see if what he thinks about it? I personally don't care what he thinks, but would love for him to post a link to that video from chron.com for all the teetin lovers in Texas. Hey...maybe get that video out to the Austin area! Brilliant!!

Texans_Chick
11-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Steph, that video was too funny! Thanks for the laugh, I sent it to my friend who's a teetin fan. Ever consider sending the video link to McClain and see if what he thinks about it? I personally don't care what he thinks, but would love for him to post a link to that video from chron.com for all the teetin lovers in Texas. Hey...maybe get that video out to the Austin area! Brilliant!!

I am not sure that the chron is ready for doll incest. Even if it is based on Greek mythology.

Double Barrel
11-28-2007, 08:15 PM
I think he plays.

If our linemen have any pride, they take him out. :pirate:

yeah, I said it, so what. Dude deserves to be a target.

TEXANS84
11-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Ha, the link has hit the TOMB.

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31927

Texans_Chick
11-28-2007, 08:44 PM

Teehee, my work is done.

You should see some of the comments at FanHouse.

"Hey, we aren't hillbillies!!! There's peoples here who have monies!!! Hey, we like Greek stuff."

I never said they were hillbillies. I said that a large portion of the country perceives them that way.

And I am not sure how much you want to emulate the Greeks. I took an entire seminar one semester about Plato. Lots of man on man/boy action as the highest form of love. See e.g. The Symposium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symposium_(Plato)).

ChrisG
11-28-2007, 09:23 PM
"Tennessee folks sensitive to hillbilly talk pick a Greek myth chock full of inbreeding and assorted ook."

LMAO...irony

gwallaia
11-28-2007, 09:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gwallaia/titan-uranus.jpg

Brando
11-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Sorry Steph, I was trying to contribute but I think everyone else got the word out.

Titans have the worst name(inbreds),logo(flaming thumbtacks), and mascot(racoon? for all the roadkill they like to bbq, lol) in the NFL.

TEXANRED
11-28-2007, 10:23 PM

My first guess is b/c you sleep with your family members?

My second guess would be b/c Where the Red Fern Grows was mandatory reading from grades k-12?

Blazing Arrow
11-29-2007, 12:13 AM
According to NFL.com, the Texans have given up fewer sacks than the Titans this year. We are tied for 7th for fewest sacks given up (tied with the Colts and Cowboys in this category).

The Titans have given up four more sacks than the Texans this year.

But gave up more sacks then the Titans in our last meeting.

Obviously, for the slower football fans out there, the problem was not the line but the QB. We still have issues and need to upgrade, but watching the sack machine in Carolina clarifies the issue rather well.

So what's that you say about our o-line? :listening can we talk about passing stats now?

Carr is a deer caught in headlights yes ... but he is shell shocked from playing on the Texans.

Lets review:

Texans pick up A Green ... how is that doing for you? No way he is injury prone .. He was doing well right?

Texans pick up Shammy who likes to ride the pine talking of concussions and soft ... oops ... I mean soar hips.

A secondary even Young can pass on ...

Even the slow football fan can see you have no chance.
:whip:

Blazing Arrow
11-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Also Young has passed for more yards over the last 2 games and had less sacks.

Passing is not our issue it is catching.

ATX
11-29-2007, 01:00 AM

How many TDs did he throw against that great Bengals defense last week?

Specnatz
11-29-2007, 01:23 AM

Carr is a deer caught in headlights yes ... but he is shell shocked from playing on the Texans.

Lets review:

Texans pick up A Green ... how is that doing for you? No way he is injury prone .. He was doing well right?

Texans pick up Shammy who likes to ride the pine talking of concussions and soft ... oops ... I mean soar hips.

How many passing yards did VY throw in the last meeting between our two teams?

Oh thats right he was standing on the sidelines not being the team leader he is said to be, not invoved in giving out the signals. Is that because he has a hard time now trying to insert ya know into the hand signals like he does his news conferances?

Blazing Arrow
11-29-2007, 02:24 AM
How many TDs did he throw against that great Bengals defense last week?

As many important ones as yoru team did ... did you get a W last week?

Carr Bombed
11-29-2007, 03:32 AM
edit.

TEXANRED
11-29-2007, 07:56 AM

I wouldnt say that, you think the Titans can win.:whip:

TEXANRED
11-29-2007, 07:57 AM
As many important ones as yoru team did ... did you get a W last week?

did you?

Texan_Bill
11-29-2007, 09:37 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gwallaia/titan-uranus.jpg

REP!!! Too funny!!!

Texan_Bill
11-29-2007, 10:20 AM

Lets review:

Let's review....
Andre Johnson in: Texans 3-1
Haynesworth in: Titans win
Haynesworth out: Titans lose
Young: Horrible quarterback, but all he does is win, right??... *laughs*
We see your man-love for Davey shining through. Fact is, Davey isn't shell shocked considering he played behind arguably a better O-line than what Schaub has right now and yet the sack numbers are WAY down.. :hmmm:

'His highness' can't pass gas. If I were the Texans I wouldn't rush Young all day long. Let him try and rack up a whopping 230 yards............ oh, and 3 picks.

Making light of concussions...?? Reminds me of a discussion earlier this year where 'you lost a little respect' for me. (see trent green)... Dont ever come with that 'holier than thou' routine again. BTW smart guy, Young and Schaub have played in exactly the same amount of games this year, so by your logic, not only can 'his highness' NOT throw the ball, he's as 'fragile' as Schaub is!! See how ridiculous that sounds???

Last time I checked, when the Texans win this Sunday, the inbred children of uranus and the Texans will have identical records.

Brando
11-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Let's review....
We see your man-love for Davey shining through. Fact is, Davey isn't shell shocked considering he played behind arguably a better O-line than what Schaub has right now and yet the sack numbers are WAY down.. :hmmm:

'His highness' can't pass gas. If I were the Texans I wouldn't rush Young all day long. Let him try and rack up a whopping 230 yards............ oh, and 3 picks.

Making light of concussions...?? Reminds me of a discussion earlier this year where 'you lost a little respect' for me. (see trent green)... Dont ever come with that 'holier than thou' routine again. BTW smart guy, Young and Schaub have played in exactly the same amount of games this year, so by your logic, not only can 'his highness' NOT throw the ball, he's as 'fragile' as Schaub is!! See how ridiculous that sounds???

Last time I checked, when the Texans win this Sunday, the inbred children of uranus and the Texans will have identical records.

Double Barrel
11-29-2007, 12:07 PM

Lets review:

Don't try to strawman a perfectly good Titans-origin thread with David Carrbage. If you feel the need to show your manlove for the boy, I'm sure a Carolina Panthers board would be happy to accept your registration.

As far as making fun of Schaub's injuries, I'd suggest looking at your own QB and his fragile state from running out of bounds. At least our QB has the reasons of a massive lineman pancaking him and a cheap helmet-to-helmet shot to explain his injuries.

You have, what, he ran out of bounds and pulled a hammy? We might have "Shammy", but we'll just call your boy "Hammy" then. :ok:

You are slicker than Bill Clinton, though, at dodging points. You attempted to disparage our line, only to be shot down with facts that they are giving up fewer sacks this season than your own line. Without a point to prove, you resort to injury smack. Nice way to show no game.

And for all that effort, he got two big L's. So much for being "a winner". Looks like Haynesworth is the one that deserves that title on your team. I could swear that I recall Titans fans telling me that The Greatness elevates the play of those around him (it's what "leaders" do, after all). Then why aren't his WRs catching his underthrown and overthrown balls?

'His highness' can't pass gas.

lol:

mootini
11-29-2007, 01:40 PM

Blaze...VY has been throwning because you have been playing catch up football. How many picks has he thrown? VY still is NOT winning throwing the ball. Yes, Drops hurt, but w/out a running game, you're not going to win.

HOU-TEX
11-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Blaze...VY has been throwning because you have been playing catch up football. How many picks has he thrown? VY still is NOT winning throwing the ball. Yes, Drops hurt, but w/out a running game, you're not going to win.

I agree, but I have an odd feeling their running game might be resurrected after this weekend. The NFL's offense Doctor will be in Sunday.

:texflag:

austintexanite
11-29-2007, 03:24 PM
LOL...their not liking the video made at the Titans board.

Double Barrel
11-29-2007, 03:45 PM

Do they have their man-panties in a wad, or what? Not even one of them had a sense of humor about it! It's so freakin' silly, and they're all upset and whining about it. Grow a pair already!

Funny they rag on the name "Texans". But go to Europe or Asia and say you're a "Tennessian". They look at you like dogs that hear funny, high pitched sounds. But tell them that you're a Texan, and they know exactly where you're from! Most folks will say that they're Texan before American, and the majority of people around the world know about Texas.

I kinda' feel bad for their backwater state inferiority complex, but they live vicariously through their sports teams, so I can't fault them for getting emotional about TC yanking their chains. A bunch of girls, though.

Texan_Bill
11-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Just got caught up with the recent posts over on Titansonline.com.

So far, Steph is a DOOFUS. Carr Bomb got called out.

And then this gem from HoustonTitan:
49 Minutes Ago
HoustonTitan
Titan knows football Join Date: Jul 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXACTLY! And why is your name the Texans and yet you have a red, white and blue bull's head on your helmet? Why not a picture of a Texan?

Ummmm, red, white and Blue... Last I checked they were the colors of our State Flag.....?? A bull on the helmet......??? Do you really need to ask??

Texan_Bill
11-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Xtru answered:

16 Minutes Ago
xtruroyaltyx
Practice Squad Join Date: Jul 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTitan
EXACTLY! And why is your name the Texans and yet you have a red, white and blue bull's head on your helmet? Why not a picture of a Texan?

EXACTLY! And why is your name the Titans and yet you have a red, white and blue tack on your helmet? Why not a picture of a Titan?

LOL...this is fun...

Blazing Arrow
11-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Moooo! :texflag:

HOU-TEX
11-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Moooo! :texflag:

I'll take this comment as a sign of defeat. Surely, even a titan fan can come up with something a little better than a "Moo".

Good job TC, we won the mental game. Now if we can just win the physical part of the game we can call it a sweep. :texflag:

Blazing Arrow
11-29-2007, 04:36 PM
I'll take this comment as a sign of defeat. Surely, even a titan fan can come up with something a little better than a "Moo".

Good job TC, we won the mental game. Now if we can just win the physical part of the game we can call it a sweep. :texflag:

Na I just know the "Moo" bugs Bill and I am to busy at work to make a quality post.

I will repond tonight though

HOU-TEX
11-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Na I just know the "Moo" bugs Bill and I am to busy at work to make a quality post.

I will repond tonight though

Man, your job must be pretty demanding to make you stay busy 24-7, because you have yet to make a quality post.:user:

Blazing Arrow
11-29-2007, 04:41 PM
That clip was pretty funny. Why a grown man would have so many dolls is kind of confusing but to each there own.

HOU-TEX
11-29-2007, 04:48 PM
That clip was pretty funny. Why a grown man would have so many dolls is kind of confusing but to each there own.

Is this the quality post you were referring to? If not, let us know when you post the quality post so we'll know how to distinguish it from the rest of your posts...Ummkay.

Texans_Chick
11-29-2007, 04:49 PM

You got the guns, I'll bring the ammo. :texflag:

For your amusement, here's the last series of comments on the actual post:

comment link (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/28/the-tennessee-titans-have-the-worst-name-in-all-of-sport/4#comments)

55. Steph -

Your argument is persuasive, but I can't agree that Titans is worse than some other nicknames, notably Redskins, which is openly offensive (at least to some) and Texans, which is simply unimaginative at best (and is presumably the result of the same "time, consideration and money" that went into Tennessee's choice). Not to defend that choice, but it's worth noting that many teams have chosen nicknames from mythology or ancient civilizations (there are Trojans and Spartans aplenty, and I venture that there would be Olympians, too, if Baron deCoubertin had not preempted the phrase). I posit that there is a sort of "presumption of heroism" by the borrower on the part of those whose names are being borrowed - the Titans were gods, after all, though the behavior of at least some of them is not role model material, as you note, and as the clever video makes quite clear - and any association with them rests on the belief that most folks are going to ignore or be blissfully unaware of some of their baser behavior. Remember, too, that one definition of "titanic" is "having great stature or enormous strength; huge or colossal" - so it's evidently not just Bud Adams that doesn't know his mythology. If I wanted a name to embody those qualities, Titans seems a fair choice. Indeed, it seems fair to me that one could adopt a nickname based on only the more admirable qualities possessed by its progenitor (wolverines are just big smelly weasels, after all). Even if those qualities are only myths themselves.

Posted at 11:51PM on Nov 28th 2007 by Wade

58. To the lady who wrote this garbage,
First of all have you even been to Tennessee? If you have, have you ever been outside of "The beautiful urban centers?" Id bet you haven't! If you had, you would know that very few if any of us "hillbilly folk" are conscious of the backward and reputation you say we have. We don't care what people think! You also would have known our sub-urban as well as rural areas are just as modern if not more so than many Midwestern states such as Ohio Indiana and Michigan. You have the right to say that The Tennessee Titans is a bad team name but before you start running your mouth about the people in Tennessee, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! You wouldn't want someone making a false and derogatory statement in a column on where your from!

Posted at 11:41AM on Nov 29th 2007 by brent

59. brent-

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, I have been to Tennessee. I found it to be beautiful. I said as much in the entry.

2. I never said anything bad about the people of Tennessee. I have no quarrel with the people of Tennessee, though I do wonder why some of them are overly defensive about something that is just a history of the Titans made with dolls.

Whether or not you care that people in other parts of the world think of Tennessee as being hillbilly, the fact remains that a large portion of the country views TN, and large parts of the South, for that matter, as being backward.

If you don't believe me about that perception, check out these links (some touchy language in the comments) discussing this story:

http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/11/classics-major-illustrates-how-titans.html

or this link:

http://www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=4446

3. If you couldn't care what people think, why are you responding to this blog? Just wondering.

Wade-

In so many words, you are saying that most people are ignorant about the origins of the Titans, so therefore the name is not a bad one as long as people don't know what it means.

I see my role here as one of trying to inform, entertain, and show people a view of things that they might not have thought about before. And I guess I did that. Now people know what Titan mythology is all about.

And, by the way, you shouldn't bring the word "titanic" into the discussion of your team name for obvious reasons.

At the end of the day, I think the reason why some people got so defensive about this is that they had no idea what the Titans were all about, and once they found out, didn't like to be clowned about that. Hard to take issue with the truth, even as portrayed by toys.

But just for the record, and just to make clear, I believe:

1. Tennessee is a beautiful state.
2. Tennessee is not just a bunch of hillbillies. And for the hillbillies who are there, I have no opinion about whether or not you are involved with any inbreeding, childing eating, castration of fathers, etc.

Thanks all for reading and commenting.
-Steph

Posted at 12:07PM on Nov 29th 2007 by Stephanie

60. Steph,

I find it odd that you seem surprised that Titans fans would get upset with you saying that we have the worst name team name in all of sport. If I said that the Texans have the stupidest name in all of sport and titled my post as such, I'm sure Texans fans would voice their dissent.

It baffles me that this surprises you.

Posted at 12:27PM on Nov 29th 2007 by Tman

61. Tman-

I never said that I was surprised by some Titan fans being upset about what I wrote. If fans had no idea that their team was named after a Greek mythology of inbred, defeated, child-eating, father-castrating gods, and someone told the world that, I'm pretty certain that they wouldn't like that so much.

If you wrote about the Texans or any other team having the worst name in sport, and you put together a toy video to demonstrate that, I'm not sure what my reaction would be. But I can tell you what it wouldn't be....

I wouldn't call you an *****. It wouldn't get my panties in a wad. If it were clever, I'd tip my hat. And if it weren't, I'd probably ignore it.

But I probably wouldn't leave blog comments that say something to the effect of "waaaah, people in Tennessee are wealthy people" or "waaaah, people in Tennessee are more smarter then you" or "waaah, we are all about the Greeks" or "waaah, Titans are strong, and ignore what their history is" or any other sort of waaah-my-pee-pee hurts overly defensive sort of comment.

It's a doll video.

It's nice to see you around. Maybe you can visit some more when we are talking more football and not goofing on team nicknames.

-Steph

Posted at 12:48PM on Nov 29th 2007 by Stephanie

62. Steph,

Of course you realize "waaah-my-pee-pee hurts" are fightin' words here in Tennessee. Careful now.

In all seriousness, I understand your point about the Titans and the video was pretty funny. But I love the name and I love the team. I could do without Bud Adams, but that's who we got. He's already managed to piss off Nashville the way the organization treated McNair, but I doubt he has to the degree that he pissed off Houston.

That being said, isn't it about time we rehashed the 2006 draft for the 6 millionth time this year?

Posted at 1:19PM on Nov 29th 2007 by Tman

The moral of the story is never bring a knife to a gun fight.:cowboy1:

Texans_Chick
11-29-2007, 04:56 PM

I'm glad you appreciated it.

I shot the video. I was visiting my folks over Thanksgiving and figured it might be a funny thing to do. They were my niece's toys. The background is the front of my parent's closet--it was the most quiet place in a house full of people.

I asked a couple of my brothers to help me because they have a twisted sense of humor too. I also think it's funnier to get these huge dudes doing the voices and moving around the dolls.

Though I do not think I will be releasing "The Making of 'Remember the Titans: Whoa, They Were Gross'" video

Some day, I might have to release the Director's Cut. A little longer but more demented. Or maybe the outtakes, because I have to say it was pretty hard holding the camera steady because I was laughing so much.

Double Barrel
11-29-2007, 04:57 PM
If fans had no idea that their team was named after a Greek mythology of inbred, defeated, child-eating, father-castrating gods, and someone told the world that, I'm pretty certain that they wouldn't like that so much.

Classic! :heh:

powerfuldragon
11-29-2007, 05:38 PM
titans look more like odysseus to me.

your video makes the look like the tennessee oedipi?

YellerLotYeller
11-29-2007, 05:41 PM

Yea...but thats like shooting fish in a barrel.:cowboy1:

powerfuldragon
11-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Yea...buts thats like shooting fish in a barrel.:cowboy1:
did you see that episode of mythbusters?

they mathed that the disturbance of water pressure caused by the bullet-water impact alone would kill most fish capable of swimming in a barrel.

...something about pressure waves damaging lateral lines and some other scientific hooey.

YellerLotYeller
11-29-2007, 05:48 PM
did you see that episode of mythbusters?

they mathed that the disturbance of water pressure caused by the bullet-water impact alone would kill most fish capable of swimming in a barrel.

No I missed it, but you just blew my mind.

TEXANRED
11-29-2007, 06:11 PM
LOL...their not liking the video made at the Titans board.

They are just PO'd b/c there family tree doesn't have any branches.

Specnatz
11-29-2007, 06:11 PM
No I missed it, but you just blew my mind.

If you have dvr check listings and see if they do not have a repeat of the game sat or sunday like they normally do.

powerfuldragon
11-29-2007, 06:22 PM
They are just PO'd b/c there family tree doesn't have any branches.
tn family tree?:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/Neadle.jpg

TD
11-29-2007, 08:05 PM
A little known fact about the Titans' logo is that it was actually a last minute substitution forced by the NFL when they got a sneak peak at the original featuring the biggest "Titan" of them all.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/RiversCPA/OriginalTitanHelmet.jpg

TEXANRED
11-29-2007, 08:33 PM
tn family tree?:

I would so give you rep if I could.

Brando
11-29-2007, 09:02 PM
I would so give you rep if I could.

Done!

lol at the Titans fans getting mad......

ATX
11-29-2007, 09:10 PM
http://pr.utk.edu/etorch/2007/05/images/orangecar-redneck.jpg

Blazing Arrow
11-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Let's review....
You mean 6-1 right? I mean if you are going to quote a record the comparison should at least be the same correct? But I guess that really hurts your argument. Good move dodging that bullet :gun:

Johnson out Texans lose. :fans:

That is all he did last season. This year he is struggling. You should be familiar with this since it echoes through your team.

You are right I loved when David Carr was on your team. He was an easy stat padder that blew games. Pretty much a free W. All I am saying is Shammy ate turf on almost every play last time we played and we are coming in with same D that played you 3 quarters of last game. And you better believe we are going to drive a steak into your heart this time around.

Na your secondary would not start on most teams in the NFL. I am really not to worried about them stopping the plays. I am more worried about the drops.

Right, but at no time did one of our players stand over Schaub taunting him. Shaub was never hurt in Atlanta because he did not have a chance to be. He comes to the Texans he get roughed up a bit. Is he injury prone? Can he take the beating your O-line requires? I am not making light of anything I am poking around to see how hot a button it is that he has been injured multiple times. Don't lecture me about injury prone QB ... check the sig.

And if I win the lottery though I have never purchased a ticket, I will be a millionaire. Logic seems perfectly in line there. :thumbup

Showtime100
11-30-2007, 09:34 AM
That is all he did last season. This year he is struggling. You should be familiar with this since it echoes through your team.

Kind of like Tack fans who log more time on a Texan board than they do their own.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2007, 09:35 AM
You mean 6-1 right? I mean if you are going to quote a record the comparison should at least be the same correct? But I guess that really hurts your argument. Good move dodging that bullet :gun:

Johnson out Texans lose. :fans:

You are right I loved when David Carr was on your team. He was an easy stat padder that blew games. Pretty much a free W. All I am saying is Shammy ate turf on almost every play last time we played and we are coming in with same D that played you 3 quarters of last game. And you better believe we are going to drive a steak into your heart this time around.

Na your secondary would not start on most teams in the NFL. I am really not to worried about them stopping the plays. I am more worried about the drops.

Right, but at no time did one of our players stand over Schaub taunting him. NOR DID TRAVIS JOHNSON - *****!!!!! Shaub was never hurt in Atlanta because he did not have a chance to be. He comes to the Texans he get roughed up a bit. Is he injury prone? Can he take the beating your O-line requires? I am not making light of anything I am poking around to see how hot a button it is that he has been injured multiple times. Don't lecture me about injury prone QB ... check the sig.

And if I win the lottery though I have never purchased a ticket, I will be a millionaire. Logic seems perfectly in line there. :thumbup

We waited how many hours for this turd of a post?!?! I thought when you said you would be back later to post, I thought it would have some substance, but you disappoint.

In fact, its not even worth dignifying.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2007, 09:53 AM
You mean 6-1 right? I mean if you are going to quote a record the comparison should at least be the same correct? But I guess that really hurts your argument. Good move dodging that bullet

PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN. THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE MOST INCOHERENT STATEMENTS YOU HAVE EVER MADE - WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

Johnson out Texans lose. :fans: HUH?!?!

That is all he did last season. This year he is struggling. You should be familiar with this since it echoes through your team. KEEP telling yourself that.. Bottom line is that David Carr, Time Couch and Ryan Leaf ALL thinks he sucks!!

You are right I love David Carr.. You made it quite clear that you had man-love for Davey (and his bangin' hair) a long time ago. At first, I thought it was just a crush because of him being from Bakersfield - but obviously its more... Its unnatural................. "Not that there's anything wrong with that..." :rolleyes:

Na your secondary would not start on most teams in the NFL. I am really not to worried about them stopping the plays. I am more worried about the drops. .. We don't need a good secondary this week. We are playing a high school QB with Junior High receivers. The only thing we need to concern ourselvs with is the run.

Right, but at no time did one of our players stand over Schaub taunting him NOR DID TRAVIS JOHNSON!!! . Shaub was never hurt in Atlanta because he did not have a chance to be. He comes to the Texans he get roughed up a bit. Is he injury prone? Can he take the beating your O-line requires? I am not making light of anything I am poking around to see how hot a button it is that he has been injured multiple times. Don't lecture me about injury prone QB ... check the sig. Dude if your that ignorant, your are beyond help. Stomping a center in his forehead is SOOOO much more sportsmanlike...:rolleyes: Again.. as far as injuries - 'his highness' has missed exactly the same amount of games as Schaub.. Is the 6'-5" - "waaaah, where is my heisman -baby" fragile? If not than STFU about Schaub.

BRILLIANT!! ... Winning the Lotto = 1 in 18,000,000 odds. Shoot, better odds than the inbred children from Uranus ever winning a Super Bowl....

Texan_Bill
11-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Remember the Tinbreds:

http://www.celebritywonder.com/mp/2003_Radio/2003_radio_001.jpg

Texan_Bill
11-30-2007, 09:59 AM
http://www.aperfectworld.org/cartoons/hillbilly.png

Texans_Chick
11-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Do they have their man-panties in a wad, or what? Not even one of them had a sense of humor about it! It's so freakin' silly, and they're all upset and whining about it. Grow a pair already!

Funny they rag on the name "Texans". But go to Europe or Asia and say you're a "Tennessian". They look at you like dogs that hear funny, high pitched sounds. But tell them that you're a Texan, and they know exactly where you're from! Most folks will say that they're Texan before American, and the majority of people around the world know about Texas.

I kinda' feel bad for their backwater state inferiority complex, but they live vicariously through their sports teams, so I can't fault them for getting emotional about TC yanking their chains. A bunch of girls, though.

The Titans admins were so embarrassed about their waaaaah waaaaah in that thread, that they eliminated it.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2007, 01:09 PM
:user:

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/drew/archives/drew1007toon.gif

:shades:

TexansSeminole
11-30-2007, 01:14 PM
:user:

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/drew/archives/drew1007toon.gif

:shades:

Rep. LOL @ his water bottle.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2007, 01:17 PM
"It's about me........."

TexansSeminole
11-30-2007, 01:23 PM
What do we predict Vince will finish with, TD to INT ratio wise?

Right now he is at 5 TDs 13 INTs.

I think he ends the season at 7 TDs and 18 INTs. IM CALLING IT.

powerfuldragon
11-30-2007, 01:46 PM
should have put some popcorn somewhere in that comic.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2007, 02:26 PM

I got lambasted for not counting his rushing TD's, so I predict he will finish with 10 (total) TD's and I think about 18-19 picks sounds about right.

Bulluck53
11-30-2007, 09:09 PM
tn family tree?:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I love it thats great. Rep for you!

Oh, and our mascot is a racoon because it is the state animal.

Blazing Arrow
11-30-2007, 11:44 PM
do CAPS, BOLDING, or UNDERLINING make your point any more valid?

Blazing Arrow
12-01-2007, 12:05 AM
We waited how many hours for this turd of a post?!?! I thought when you said you would be back later to post, I thought it would have some substance, but you disappoint.

In fact, its not even worth dignifying.

What are you and Shaft having relations now? Seriously .. I know you know you are going to lose but do not throw a tantrum ... it is unbecoming.

Then this next beaut with the CAPS and BOLD... classic anger managment. Well played.

Blazing Arrow
12-01-2007, 12:39 AM
PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN. THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE MOST INCOHERENT STATEMENTS YOU HAVE EVER MADE - WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

You say you are such and such a record becuase AJ is in but then scoff at the Titans fans opinion we are sturgling do to the loss of AH. Seriously remedial reading.... check it out.

HUH?!?!

No Johnson, the Texans are 2-5 ... wait again your argument is ruined by basic reading skills

[QUOTE] KEEP telling yourself that.. Bottom line is that David Carr, Time Couch and Ryan Leaf ALL thinks he sucks!!

You made it quite clear that you had man-love for Davey (and his bangin' hair) a long time ago. At first, I thought it was just a crush because of him being from Bakersfield - but obviously its more... Its unnatural................. "Not that there's anything wrong with that..." :rolleyes:

I am not sure I need to dredge up the Tim Carr David Couch thread again. I quite clearly called your managment a set of chimps for not picking up a QB instead of throwing away next years draft ....

We don't need a good secondary this week. We are playing a high school QB with Junior High receivers. The only thing we need to concern ourselvs with is the run.

when was the last time your team got a W Against the Titans? If you take out the ifs ands or buts ... it is not since 04. sad Really

Blazing Arrow
12-01-2007, 12:51 AM

Slowley re-read your post ... you will realize why you do not get respect on this board.

adam
12-01-2007, 11:43 AM

Hmm, well if you factor in his rushing TDs (which in fairness, would require you to factor in his fumbles), I think he is looking at: 11 TDs (4 Rushing), 19 INTs, and 4 fumbles lost.

That brings him to 11 scores and 23 turnovers, which would set his ratio at -12.

I'm really bummed that we passed on him.

Texans_Chick
12-01-2007, 03:48 PM

Just wanted to bump this still back up to the top. Lots of funny stills from that.

Eddyc85
12-01-2007, 07:34 PM
How many passing yards did VY throw in the last meeting between our two teams?

Oh thats right he was standing on the sidelines not being the team leader he is said to be, not invoved in giving out the signals. Is that because he has a hard time now trying to insert ya know into the hand signals like he does his news conferances?

I forget, what was Matt Schaub doing in that game? Oh yea, getting flattened then standing on the sidelines.

TEXANRED
12-02-2007, 09:50 AM
I forget, what was Matt Schaub doing in that game? Oh yea, getting flattened then standing on the sidelines.

And what was VY doing? Crying to his mummy cus his wittle weg huwt.

Specnatz
12-02-2007, 11:05 AM

Yeah lets cheer cheap shots, typical titan fan, if you can not get the job done with legal hits might as well do cheap shots.

That is why Haynesworth and pacman are still on the roster. Classy very classy as always and I expect nothing more from a titan fan. I would call raider fan classy before I ever would a titan fan.

ATX
12-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah lets cheer cheap shots, typical titan fan, if you can not get the job done with legal hits might as well do cheap shots.

That is why Haynesworth and pacman are still on the roster. Classy very classy as always and I expect nothing more from a titan fan. I would call raider fan classy before I ever would a titan fan.

Exactly, and he's lucky he didn't get a cleat to the face.....or get robbed by Pacman after the game.

DiapHer
12-02-2007, 12:08 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/DiapHer/raccoon.jpg

DiapHer
12-02-2007, 12:09 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/DiapHer/racoon_in_can.jpg

powerfuldragon
12-02-2007, 12:56 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/DiapHer/raccoon.jpg

that's actually kinda fearsome. ronin raccoon roaming around.

Blazing Arrow
12-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Titans fan :)

Texans fan :cry2:

:chicken:

ATX
12-02-2007, 04:19 PM

I'd still rather cry in my house than cheer in a trailer.......:shades:

YellerLotYeller
12-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Somehow vince will find a way to throw a couple more ints. today....I have faith.

Eddyc85
12-02-2007, 04:24 PM

I wasn't cheering a cheap shot just stating a fact. You made light of the fact Young was on the side lines "being a leader" I'm just pointing out Schaub did the same thing that game... and today's game.

ChildressTitanMan
12-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Congrats Texans fans.

Todays loss sealed another sub .500 season. The Colts & Jags games are surefire losses so you'll finish between 5-11 & 7-9.

Thanks for breaking our losing streak & giving us back our confidence. Young's 99.9 passer rating was nice too.

I believe mock drafts start in late January,just thought you'd want something to look forward to.:pirate: :d:

ATX
12-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Congrats Texans fans.

Todays loss sealed another sub .500 season. The Colts & Jags games are surefire losses so you'll finish between 5-11 & 7-9.

Thanks for breaking our losing streak & giving us back our confidence. Young's 99.9 passer rating was nice too.

I believe mock drafts start in late January,just thought you'd want something to look forward to.:pirate: :d:

Traitor

Wolf
12-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Congrats Texans fans.

titans look like they have a very favorable schedule
Chargers,Chiefs,Jets and indy..

I would like to say 3 out of 4 is very favorable.. if defense shows up and y'all have indy's number always play them close

Blazing Arrow
12-02-2007, 04:41 PM
a W . is the best name you can put on that ... like I said Shammy is injury prone. He is like a lesser McNair.

Everyone makes mistakes :cowboy1:

YellerLotYeller
12-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Young's 99.9 passer rating was nice too.

Maybe he can crack the top 30 in qb rankings now.

TexansSeminole
12-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Slowley re-read your post ... you will realize why you do not get respect on this board.

Would you like to predict?

Or just continue to troll the Texans boards as a Titans fan. That's a smart way to spend your time! Your life must be fantastic!

Please, do something with your life, instead of being the person everybody laughs and shakes there head at on this board. Atleast go to your own board and act dumb.

ChildressTitanMan
12-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Maybe he can crack the top 30 in qb rankings now.

Thanks Yellar,I hadn't thought of that,maybe he can.:doot:

ChildressTitanMan
12-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Traitor

How so einstein?

Blazing Arrow
12-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Would you like to predict?

Or just continue to troll the Texans boards as a Titans fan. That's a smart way to spend your time! Your life must be fantastic!

Please, do something with your life, instead of being the person everybody laughs and shakes there head at on this board. Atleast go to your own board and act dumb.

I think I was pretty clear about the Texans losing this game .... which happened? Are you so lost in the loss thta you can not tell you got beaten today. Your playoff hopes are gone and a .500 season is still barely in your grasp ... seriosuly ... humble is the card to play at this point. As another game is lost .. you should look hard if that .500 record is obtainable .. Shammy is hurt again .. and still has as many TD as he does INTs. Our D seems to be upping us .. your O is suppost to do that .. they have not at all ... not making the playioffs sttruggle to make .500 typical texans...

TexansSeminole
12-02-2007, 05:01 PM
I think I was pretty clear about the Texans losing this game .... which happened? Are you so lost in the loss thta you can not tell you got beaten today. Your playoff hopes are gone and a .500 season is still barely in your grasp ... seriosuly ... humble is the card to play at this point. As another game is lost .. you should look hard if that .500 record is obtainable .. Shammy is hurt again .. and still has as many TD as he does INTs. Our D seems to be upping us .. your O is suppost to do that .. they have not at all ... not making the playioffs sttruggle to make .500 typical texans...

If you hadn't noticed, my response said nothing about this game. You addressed me personally, so I did the same.

As far as your team goes, good job for VY, atleast he can throw a TD on Von Hutchins and a rookie (who still managed to pick him off). Good luck for the rest of the season.

Blazing Arrow
12-02-2007, 05:05 PM
If you hadn't noticed, my response said nothing about this game. You addressed me personally, so I did the same.

As far as your team goes, good job for VY, atleast he can throw a TD on Von Hutchins and a rookie (who still managed to pick him off). Good luck for the rest of the season.

Just accept the loss. I am not rubbing in anything. I could bring up allot of stuff .. I ma tryng to play the better man card. I thought we would win .. I do not like winning w/an injured QB .. just leaves holes for excuses.

All I want is we beat you.. You were out coached and out played .. INJ hurt you but in the end the better team took tith game. It was important to both .. and we wanted it more.

TexansSeminole
12-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Just accept the loss. I am not rubbing in anything. I could bring up allot of stuff .. I ma tryng to play the better man card. I thought we would win .. I do not like winning w/an injured QB .. just leaves holes for excuses.

All I want is we beat you.. You were out coached and out played .. INJ hurt you but in the end the better team took tith game. It was important to both .. and we wanted it more.

I think the Tennessee Titans are obviously better than the Houston Texans. But at this point, that is like saying you've got more game than your retarded cousin. Good job! Props to you, sitting on your couch.

I hadn't said anything about the game, I am not sure how this got turned to the game. Probably because you took a shot at me yesterday, on saturday, because you didn't have anything to do that day. Kinda sad. You probably forgot all about that post, didn't read my response, and figured it was about the game today. That's fine. Keep up your awesome life.

Blazing Arrow
12-02-2007, 05:15 PM
I think the Tennessee Titans are obviously better than the Houston Texans.

Atleast .. you can admit that...

But at this point, that is like saying you've got more game than your retarded cousin. Good job! Props to you, sitting on your couch.

So the Texans are retarded cousins??? I believe I have even posted aginst this belief ... but go with it!

I hadn't said anything about the game, I am not sure how this got turned to the game. Probably because you took a shot at me yesterday, on saturday, because you didn't have anything to do that day. Kinda sad. You probably forgot all about that post, didn't read my response, and figured it was about the game today. That's fine. Keep up your awesome life.

I mentioned the game consistently in my posts, honestly if you want to dig that hoof in your mouth I am cool to do it ... but save face and just stop posting against me ....

TexansSeminole
12-02-2007, 05:18 PM
So the Texans are retarded cousins??? I believe I have even posted aginst this belief ... but go with it!

If the Texans were a person, I'd start to consider getting some tests done.

I mentioned the game consistently in my posts, honestly if you want to dig that hoof in your mouth I am cool to do it ... but save face and just stop posting against me ....

Yet I hadn't and you continue to not understand what I am posting. That's cool. We are done. I have made no statements against your character in this post, please do not respond, there is no reason to.

ChildressTitanMan
12-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I think the Tennessee Titans are obviously better than the Houston Texans. But at this point, that is like saying you've got more game than your retarded cousin. Good job! Props to you, sitting on your couch.

Hey man cool your jets,this is the smack forum.

I'll give you my honest appraisal.

The Texans are a better team than their record reflects. You've had injuries that have hurt you.

For teams like ours that are trying to climb to the top of the pile injuries hurt us more than they do winning teams because we don't have the depth behind our starters.

Ahman Green was a gamble due to his record of missing games & unfortunately it didn't pay off. You seem to have found a number of players who can catch the ball but your biggest issue remains the O line.You have too much invested in Schaub not to try & fix the O line as a priority.

Now as your divisional rivals it's only fitting that us Titans fans gloat over your woes while we can.

Good health to you.:whip:

Blazing Arrow
12-02-2007, 05:26 PM
If the Texans were a person, I'd start to consider getting some tests done.

and?

Yet I hadn't and you continue to not understand what I am posting. That's cool. We are done. I have made no statements against your character in this post, please do not respond, there is no reason to.

Nice of you to tell me when you lose and argume nt that you are done.. I mean the logic is there but ..

Honestly .. I made light of the chase that the Texans would win .. theat is basically a laugh i mean no posibilty .. we all knwo the outcome .. just accept it .. 07 will eventualy be .. 08 ... part of life ...

TexansSeminole
12-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Nice of you to tell me when you lose and argume nt that you are done.. I mean the logic is there but ..

Honestly .. I made light of the chase that the Texans would win .. theat is basically a laugh i mean no posibilty .. we all knwo the outcome .. just accept it .. 07 will eventualy be .. 08 ... part of life ...

What exactly is the argument? Honestly. There is argument to be won here.

You told me I get no respect. I made fun of you for spending your life on the Texans message board as a Titans fan. You mentioned what happened today at the game. I said that the Texans are retarded.

Argument? I don't see the disagreement to be lost here.

Sounds like you just like talking smack here to make you feel like you have big balls.

Go for it buddy. Your right, I am wrong. Yet, you will continue to respond, even though I have not contested any of your arguments, until I do not respond at all anymore.

Blazing Arrow
12-02-2007, 05:35 PM
ok ...

austintexanite
12-02-2007, 06:12 PM
I'd still rather cry in my house than cheer in a trailer.......:shades:

LOL...major rep.

Double Barrel
12-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Good game, Titans fans. Looks like yet another typical Texans season. I guess there is some consolation that your team will be watching the playoffs just like us. At least you will most likely have a winning record and some hope going into the off-season. I do not harbor such delusions about our team, though. Same old, same old.

Texans_Chick
12-03-2007, 08:51 PM

The funny thing is that the hugest crybabies of both the known and unknown universe are the Titans fans that responded to the blog post/video regarding the origins of the Titans.

Really, people were having absolute fits about it. Really defensive. Some defended it, and some said yeah the name and logo sucks but scorebored.

Sunday's game was just a game. One of many to come. But the Titans name and logo is likely going to stay what it is for awhile. At least whilst Bud decides to keep his team in Tennessee.

And my fun little video has found its way to all sorts of MBs around the net, and will likely pop up Titans game day against all sorts of opponents as long as there are interwebs and fans like to clown other fans. And they will be able to witness how Titans fans like to speak whinese in the many comments within the blog post.

Check out what comes out as a first page Google hit:

"Tennessee Titans name"
"Tennessee Titans nickname"
"Tennessee Titans worst"
"Tennessee Titans awful"
"Tennessee Titans bud adams"
"Tennessee Titans gods"
"Tennessee Titans prometheus"
"Tennessee Titans flaming meatball"

And I am sure any number of "Tennessee Titans" web searches will show that video/blog entry as a first page Google page hit.

And you know why?

It's not just because FanHouse is the number 1 sports blog on the internet. And not just because I made sure I put the whole name "Tennessee Titans" in the headline. The real reason is that all of those whiny and weak defensive blog comments that Titan fans left, gave a ton of content about the Titans for the Google search mechanism.

So basically, Titan fans have punked themselves because of all their crying.

It's been said that history is written by the victors, but uh, the war isn't over, and that was said before the rise of the internets.

Congratulations for the win. Ultimately, whatever the final score in a Texans-Titans game, I always feel like a winner in it because in the end, I get to cheer for a Bud-free team. You have him as an owner long enough, and you'll understand.

Texans_Chick
Reigning Ultimate Texan Fan

Blazing Arrow
12-03-2007, 09:10 PM
I told you I found it funny ... if you can not laugh at yourself how can you laugh at others?

Texans_Chick
12-03-2007, 09:14 PM
I told you I found it funny ... if you can not laugh at yourself how can you laugh at others?

Of course, you found it funny because you have a sense of humor. :cool:

Others of your flaming ilk, not so much. They liked to call me reindeer names and such.

Blazing Arrow
12-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Of course, you found it funny because you have a sense of humor. :cool:

Others of your flaming ilk, not so much. They liked to call me reindeer names and such.

Santa would be so upset .... :shades:

Psychop1
12-04-2007, 01:49 PM
The funny thing is that the hugest crybabies of both the known and unknown universe are the Titans fans that responded to the blog post/video regarding the origins of the Titans.

Really, people were having absolute fits about it. Really defensive. Some defended it, and some said yeah the name and logo sucks but scorebored.

Sunday's game was just a game. One of many to come. But the Titans name and logo is likely going to stay what it is for awhile. At least whilst Bud decides to keep his team in Tennessee.

And my fun little video has found its way to all sorts of MBs around the net, and will likely pop up Titans game day against all sorts of opponents as long as there are interwebs and fans like to clown other fans. And they will be able to witness how Titans fans like to speak whinese in the many comments within the blog post.

"Tennessee Titans name"
"Tennessee Titans worst"
"Tennessee Titans awful"
"Tennessee Titans gods"

And I am sure any number of "Tennessee Titans" web searches will show that video/blog entry as a first page Google page hit.

And you know why?

It's not just because FanHouse is the number 1 sports blog on the internet. And not just because I made sure I put the whole name "Tennessee Titans" in the headline. The real reason is that all of those whiny and weak defensive blog comments that Titan fans left, gave a ton of content about the Titans for the Google search mechanism.

It's been said that history is written by the victors, but uh, the war isn't over, and that was said before the rise of the internets.

Congratulations for the win. Ultimately, whatever the final score in a Texans-Titans game, I always feel like a winner in it because in the end, I get to cheer for a Bud-free team. You have him as an owner long enough, and you'll understand.

Texans_Chick

Well, we've had Bud for around ten years now. No complaints. I doubt he'll be in this world for twenty more years.

I haven't seen your video (link???), but I can imagine what it's about. I think it is funny, but in a different way. At least you didn't have to run smack about getting to a Superbowl, or how many wins you've ran in a series, or a season for that matter. You didn't even have to run smack about getting into the playoffs. Nope, as far as running smack, you got the creme of the crop. Quite hilarious if you ask me.

powerfuldragon
12-04-2007, 02:17 PM
And you know why?

waht you're describing is an unintentional, self-inflicted google bomb. we need to find a catchy word or phrase to describe that. you kinda almost shanghaied them into kamikazeing themselves.

powerfuldragon
12-04-2007, 02:33 PM
hoisted on their own e-tards?

Texans_Chick
12-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Well, we've had Bud for around ten years now. No complaints. I doubt he'll be in this world for twenty more years.

I haven't seen your video (link???), but I can imagine what it's about. I think it is funny, but in a different way. At least you didn't have to run smack about getting to a Superbowl, or how many wins you've ran in a series, or a season for that matter. You didn't even have to run smack about getting into the playoffs. Nope, as far as running smack, you got the creme of the crop. Quite hilarious if you ask me.

Here's the link:

The Tennessee Titans Have the Worst Name in All of Sport (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/28/the-tennessee-titans-have-the-worst-name-in-all-of-sport/)

Hey, I have a legit question that I was wondering about. What happens to the Titans when Bud dies? I know in Buffalo there are a few questions about the Bills franchise about when Ralph Wilson kicks it. There's some noise about the franchise moving to Toronto.

What things does Tennessee have in place to try to prevent the Titans from ever moving? I don't know the answer to this.

Silver Oak
12-04-2007, 04:14 PM
this thread was crap until the mention of Bud meeting his demise.

Texans_Chick
12-04-2007, 04:33 PM
waht you're describing is an unintentional, self-inflicted google bomb. we need to find a catchy word or phrase to describe that. you kinda almost shanghaied them into kamikazeing themselves.

I've encouraged opposing fans to do that before. I like working with FanHouse because of the other writers, that it is a way to educate a national audience, and because I can do this if I write the headlines the right way for a google search and encourage commenting....

See what shows up if you google:

"Dallas Cowboy fans annoying"

or

"Peyton Manning evil"
"Peyton Manning stat padding"

The Titans post is likely to stick around for a while because of the added feature of the video. I encourage folks to send that link around and make it more viral.

Psychop1
12-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Here's the link:

Hey, I have a legit question that I was wondering about. What happens to the Titans when Bud dies? I know in Buffalo there are a few questions about the Bills franchise about when Ralph Wilson kicks it. There's some noise about the franchise moving to Toronto.

What things does Tennessee have in place to try to prevent the Titans from ever moving? I don't know the answer to this.

None of us truly know. It doesn't matter what measures are taken to keep a team in a city, as we have seen many times. Bud's daughters and daughter in-law are expected to inherit the team, though his Grandson, Kennith Adams may take over Bud's role, as he is currently working in the Titans' FO. Most of us Titan fans are fairly confident that the fan support, and flexibility of Nashville will be hard to ignore for whomever ends up with the team.

Double Barrel
12-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Most of us Titan fans are fairly confident that the fan support, and flexibility of Nashville will be hard to ignore for whomever ends up with the team.

We felt the same way at one time.

Good luck to you, though! Just remember that the Adams family values the money more than any tradition or specific location. As soon as you present a hurdle, they'd rather take the next best offer than work with you.

Historical revisionists might try to tell you differently, but Houston's three shiny new sports stadiums reveal a completely different truth (and a fourth one for soccer on the way!). Bud would have gotten a new stadium given time. He'd rather play games to the highest bidder, though, than be a decent human being. I can't say that I miss the slug, and hope you folks fair better in the long run. Although the Los Angeles Titans does have a certain ring to it.... :winky:

Texan_Bill
12-04-2007, 06:25 PM

Good luck to you, though! Just remember that the Adams family values the money more than any tradition or specific location. As soon as you present a hurdle, they'd rather take the next best offer than work with you.

Historical revisionists might try to tell you differently, but Houston's three shiny new sports stadiums reveal a completely different truth (and a fourth one for soccer on the way!). Bud would have gotten a new stadium given time. He'd rather play games to the highest bidder, though, than be a decent human being. I can't say that I miss the slug, and hope you folks fair better in the long run. Although the Los Angeles Titans does have a certain ring to it.... :winky:

There are no historical revisions to what you described above. That's the way it was and is... Period!

Bulluck53
12-04-2007, 07:08 PM
If he leaves then he leaves, it's his team. He will be gone soon enough, though so maybe his sons will be a little more realistic.

Texan_Bill
12-04-2007, 07:10 PM
If he leaves then he leaves, it's his team. He will be gone soon enough, though so maybe his sons will be a little more realistic.

True.. true, but you know what they say about the apple falling far from the tree....

Bulluck53
12-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Unfortunately true.... we'll see what happens.

Texan_Bill
12-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Unfortunately true.... we'll see what happens.

I could tell you what I wish would happen - but that'd probably be in bad form... :whip:

Bulluck53
12-04-2007, 07:18 PM

"Tennessee Titans name"
"Tennessee Titans worst"
"Tennessee Titans awful"
"Tennessee Titans gods"

And you know why?

Texans_Chick

I'm with BA on this and got a good laugh out of it but I do find the whining equally as pathetic as smack on a teams nickname and logo... that especially rings true when your team is on a 6 game losing streak.

Just saying...

gwallaia
12-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Personally, when Bud buys the farm, I hope the team stays in Nashville. In fact, when Bud buys the farm, I beat he will be looking up at his team cheering them on the best he can.

Bulluck53
12-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Here's the link:

When they moved here it almost seemed like Nashville was on the fence. It was a struggle reaching an agreement on the finances of the stadium and all that good stuff. Nashville was really against raising taxes (and still is if you have heard anything regarding the Sounds' new stadium). I really don't know if Nashville would go out of its way to try and please whoever takes over the team.

Texan_Bill
12-04-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm with BA on this and got a good laugh out of it but I do find the whining equally as pathetic as smack on a teams nickname and logo... that especially rings true when your team is on a 6 game losing streak.

Just saying...

I wish it was only a six game losing streak... I think you meant six years, but WTH!!?!?

Of course your organization can speak from the heart when it talks about being pathetic. That organization knows plenty about losing.. What have they done in 46/47 years again??

Anyway, this article from Steph has grown legs. I'v read other teams boards where I errrrrr someone posted a link to it. Suffice to say, people are having a good laugh - which was the intent.

Bulluck53
12-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Personally, when Bud buys the farm, I hope the team stays in Nashville. In fact, when Bud buys the farm, I beat he will be looking up at his team cheering them on the best he can.

:lol: I like it

Bulluck53
12-04-2007, 07:26 PM
I wish it was only a six game losing streak... I think you meant six years, but WTH!!?!?

Of course your organization can speak from the heart when it talks about being pathetic. That organization knows plenty about losing.. What have they done in 46/47 years again??

Anyway, this article from Steph has grown legs. I'v read other teams boards where I errrrrr someone posted a link to it. Suffice to say, people are having a good laugh - which was the intent.

Is it six years?

Ha I'm only 19.... don't ask me about the Oilers pre-1997 (actually don't even ask me about '98, I was ten).

Don't get me wrong, I like the article and have shown some of my friends who also enjoyed it, it's just the timing of it all.

Texan_Bill
12-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Is it six years?

Ha I'm only 19.... don't ask me about the Oilers pre-1997 (actually don't even ask me about '98, I was ten).

Don't get me wrong, I like the article and have shown some of my friends who also enjoyed it, it's just the timing of it all.

You're such a front-runner.... :cowboy1:

I hear ya... It was great for a laugh. Some people just take themselves too seriously.

Bulluck53
12-04-2007, 07:28 PM
:splits: I was young and impressionable.... I'm just lucky I'm not gay after watching Kevin Dyson when I was younger

Psychop1
12-04-2007, 08:50 PM

Assuming Bud and his heirs like money, this is where they should be. Every game has been sold out. Fans don't wear paper bags to games, even when the team isn't doing well. Nonetheless, if the Titans did move out, Tennessee would most likely end up with another NFL team, expansion or otherwise, the same way Houston did.

Also, Bud has no more sons. His Grandson Kennith (a recent graduate from Southern University here in Tennessee) works for the Titans' FO, and as I said, is speculated to take on Bud's role someday. I'm still guessing it will be a little while before we cross this bridge anyway. Supposedly, the Titans were locked on Nashville for 30 plus years via their contract with the city, but then again, as I previously said, we know there are ways out of those contracts.

Texans_Chick
12-04-2007, 09:46 PM

Just saying...

I understand what you are saying but I kindly disagree.

It would be pathetic smack if I went to your board as a Texans fan and said something like "hey hillbillies, your team is a bunch of inbred flaming meatballs, neener neener." Which I did not and would not.

Because that is not nearly entertaining or interesting enough.

I see the blog article as less smack and more like a Titans educational primer for all opposing fans. Kind of like a wiki for MB goers. They are going to hillbilly smack you anyway, because that's the typical thing, but now they have something more interesting to associate with the name Titans. So it's not just me, Texans fans saying something to you Titans fan, like on a MB. Any opposing fan will find it semi-amusing and educational.

And what makes it entertaining, to me at least, is it is Titans fans that are continuously adding more content to the blog post, which means that more and more opposing fans will see it.

Games will be won and lost over the years, but this is just a fun way to let people know more about the Titans of mythology. :cool:

Blazing Arrow
12-05-2007, 12:09 AM
But in the case of the Texans they are loses. Seems like a last ditch effort to come up with smack on someones mascot.

How fitting is it that the Texans use the symbol of an animal that has been bred for slaughter for 1000'ands of years?

ATX
12-05-2007, 12:25 AM
But in the case of the Texans they are loses. Seems like a last ditch effort to come up with smack on someones mascot.

How fitting is it that the Texans use the symbol of an animal that has been bred for slaughter for 1000'ands of years?

Still better than roadkill as a mascot.

Blazing Arrow
12-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Still better than roadkill as a mascot.

when road kill gets to wear an AFC Championship ring ... that is not exactly accurate.

TD
12-05-2007, 06:49 AM
when road kill gets to wear an AFC Championship ring ... that is not exactly accurate.

http://www.movieactors.com/freezes1/TopGun1.jpeg
"The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room."

Crowing about a second place finish is putting lipstick on a pig. (which I'm guessing is fairly common there). 2nd place is NOTHING like winning a championship. Maybe one day Nashville will get to know the difference.

powerfuldragon
12-05-2007, 09:57 AM

makes sense that place'd be buried under there...

Texans_Chick
12-05-2007, 10:17 AM
If anyone is really bored, check out the last couple of pages of comments on the blog post.

I love unintentional humor. Really it is my favorite kind.

And I thought that the Jacksonville Jaguars was the most whiny team of all time. I think that maybe their players/coach is more whiny, but as a fan base in general (excluding thems here that can take some clowning), the Titans fan base is pretty touchy.

Blazing Arrow
12-05-2007, 11:26 AM
http://www.movieactors.com/freezes1/TopGun1.jpeg
"The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room."

Crowing about a second place finish is putting lipstick on a pig. (which I'm guessing is fairly common there). 2nd place is NOTHING like winning a championship. Maybe one day Nashville will get to know the difference.

And smack talking a team that historicaly you have only beaten twice in 12 meetings. Is like actually going through with making out with the pig. Talk to me again when your team is .500. And don't hold your breath about this season. I could see the Texans losing out. And I think some of the rest of you are starting to see that as well.

Maybe one day the Texans fan will understand why football is played in January?

Blazing Arrow
12-05-2007, 11:31 AM
And I thought that the Jacksonville Jaguars was the most whiny team of all time. I think that maybe their players/coach is more whiny, but as a fan base in general (excluding thems here that can take some clowning), the Titans fan base is pretty touchy.

Jaguar fans make excuses. That is there MO. Moo fans talk big before every season then seem to just vanish about game 10.

Oh and BTW ... mentioning a team fan base letting there team move and getting all butt hurt about it just to pick up a perpetual losing franchise seems to be a little touchy of a subject around these parts. :cowboy1:

TD
12-05-2007, 11:51 AM
And smack talking a team that historicaly you have only beaten twice in 12 meetings. Is like actually going through with making out with the pig.

No way I'd make out with a Tennessee pig. I know where that mouth's been. :shades:

At some point Nashville fans will learn what Houston fans already know. The curse will ensure that this will ALWAYS be that franchise's greatest moment.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/uploads/short.jpg

Houston's best days are yet to come.

Texans_Chick
12-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Oh and BTW ... mentioning a team fan base letting there team move and getting all butt hurt about it just to pick up a perpetual losing franchise seems to be a little touchy of a subject around these parts. :cowboy1:

It is double plus bad karma to gloat about stealing another team's franchise. Just because she left her husband to marry you, with that sort of character, how do you ever know she won't do you the same way?

Double Barrel
12-05-2007, 12:08 PM

ouch. heh, I hate to say it...but my disenfranchised state-of-mind finds cynical humor a bit amusing. Good shot across the bow.

I guess being the no. 1 loser for a year is something to be proud of.

Silver Oak
12-05-2007, 12:44 PM
If anyone is really bored, check out the last couple of pages of comments on the blog post.

I love unintentional humor. Really it is my favorite kind.

I've noticed titan fans are more like a college teams fans than a pro franchise. I guess that comes with being such a tiny NFL city with not much else going on after football season.

Blazing Arrow
12-05-2007, 12:55 PM
I guess being the no. 1 loser for a year is something to be proud of.

When you put it that way no but most people would look at it as making the playoffs and going to the show. Huge plus for most teams adn there fans.

Who would not want to see there team play an extra 4 games a season if they are winning?

Blazing Arrow
12-05-2007, 01:00 PM
It is double plus bad karma to gloat about stealing another team's franchise. Just because she left her husband to marry you, with that sort of character, how do you ever know she won't do you the same way?

It's not really gloating. I was just point to is as a soft point in your teams fan base.

Hey if she does in 11 years I would not be lamenting over the loss, probably just nailing her younger sister. :thumbup

ATX
12-05-2007, 01:01 PM

And I'm sure Buffalo is proud of its 4 AFC Championship rings too....

Blazing Arrow
12-05-2007, 01:04 PM
And I'm sure Buffalo is proud of its 4 AFC Championship rings too....

Dominating a confrence for 4 season is not really something to go "dang that is tough to swallow".

So you are honestly telling me you want the ring or nothing? Picked the right team. They seem to be giving you plenty of the latter.

YellerLotYeller
12-05-2007, 01:26 PM

It's sad that your standards are that low....

Blazing Arrow
12-05-2007, 01:43 PM
It's sad that your standards are that low....

Coming from a Texans fan?

Texan_Bill
12-05-2007, 01:55 PM
:splits: I was young and impressionable.... I'm just lucky I'm not gay after watching Kevin Dyson when I was younger

A little before your time, but people used to wonder about Ernest Givens....

Texan_Bill
12-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Dominating a confrence for 4 season is not really something to go "dang that is tough to swallow".

So you are honestly telling me you want the ring or nothing? Picked the right team. They seem to be giving you plenty of the latter.

Ask anyone of those Bills players including Thurman Thomas (which I did) and they will ALL tell you that could give a damn about the rats a$$ when it comes to an AFC championship ring...

ChildressTitanMan
12-05-2007, 01:59 PM
It would be pathetic smack if I went to your board as a Texans fan and said something like "hey hillbillies, your team is a bunch of inbred flaming meatballs, neener neener." Which I did not and would not.

Because that is not nearly entertaining or interesting enough.

You mean like Silver Oak does? :doot:

Texan_Bill
12-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Coming from a Texans fan?

Dumb question. We have extremely high standards... Do you even take the time to read any of the other threads in any of the other forums?!?!

Hint: thats why people are so ticked off...

ChildressTitanMan
12-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Ask anyone of those Bills players including Thurman Thomas (which I did) and they will ALL tell you that could give a damn about the rats a$$ when it comes to an AFC championship ring...

Are/were you a fan of Thurman Bill?

I honestly believe that Thomas was one of the reasons the Bills played so badly in the SB's.

How many RB's can say that they choked in 4 SB's. IMO Thomas' SB performances should have kept him out of Canton. Levy deserved better out him.

Texan_Bill
12-05-2007, 02:17 PM

I honestly believe that Thomas was one of the reasons the Bills played so badly in the SB's.

How many RB's can say that they choked in 4 SB's. IMO Thomas' SB performances should have kept him out of Canton. Levy deserved better out him.

Only insofar as him being a Houstonian from Willowridge HS, but my hate Buffalo (or any team not wearing a derrick on the side of their helmet) was pretty strong. It's just that I had a chance to meet him when the SB was here a couple of years ago...

And... It wasn't just Thomas that melted down in those Super Bowls... To choke four in a row takes a complete team effort.

HOU-TEX
12-05-2007, 02:18 PM

Who the heck is Thurman Bill?...............:heh:

Texan_Bill
12-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Who the heck is Thurman Bill?...............:heh:

That's my alias..... It was just a side gig... :cowboy1:

Silver Oak
12-05-2007, 03:08 PM
You mean like Silver Oak does? :doot:

I admit it...I do like poking fun of the inbred, incestuous folks at gotitans.com

Double Barrel
12-05-2007, 03:52 PM

yeah, if only Thomas had made that FG in Super Bowl XXV....oh wait.... :um:

ChildressTitanMan
12-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Only insofar as him being a Houstonian from Willowridge HS, but my hate Buffalo (or any team not wearing a derrick on the side of their helmet) was pretty strong. It's just that I had a chance to meet him when the SB was here a couple of years ago...

And... It wasn't just Thomas that melted down in those Super Bowls... To choke four in a row takes a complete team effort.

I'm just bitter about 92. We would have given a better showing. Although I have never rated Thomas in big games.

ChildressTitanMan
12-05-2007, 05:54 PM
I admit it...I do like poking fun of the inbred, incestuous folks at gotitans.com

I though you'd like that post.:splits:

Texan_Bill
12-05-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm just bitter about 92. We would have given a better showing. Although I have never rated Thomas in big games.

'That game' shall never be mentioned again.... :gun:

*fixes huge cocktail*

Double Barrel
12-05-2007, 06:03 PM

Are you talking about The Game We Shall Not Mention? Or is there another reason(s) '92 sticks out?

Obviously, there is some shared pain with the shared history of rooting for the Oilers back in the day.

Texan_Bill
12-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Are you talking about The Game We Shall Not Mention? Or is there another reason(s) '92 sticks out?

Obviously, there is some shared pain with the shared history of rooting for the Oilers back in the day.

Oh boy *fixes another cocktail* :drunk:

imatexan
12-05-2007, 07:35 PM

Have you STILL not figured out that the Texans mascot is not a cow,its a bull and yes there is a difference. Im not sure if they taught you that in Ten. but now you know. Bulls are not breed to slaughter, cows are.

Blazing Arrow
12-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Have you STILL not figured out that the Texans mascot is not a cow,its a bull and yes there is a difference. Im not sure if they taught you that in Ten. but now you know. Bulls are not breed to slaughter, cows are.

Seems as if this "bull" was born without horns. :user:

ChildressTitanMan
12-05-2007, 09:00 PM

Takes a deep swig of Booker Noes 62.5% small batch gold.

We're blood brothers DB

ChildressTitanMan
12-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Oh boy *fixes another cocktail* :drunk:

Stop!!!

Forgive me & let's draw a line under the unmentionable.Before the split the pain is shared.

Texan_Bill
12-06-2007, 08:45 AM
http://www.billszone.com/images/gamephotos/comeback/comebackchart.JPG

ChildressTitanMan
12-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Nice line Bill :cool:

Texans_Chick
12-10-2007, 08:46 PM

Just bumping this up because I find it amusing. And it the video keeps getting consistent views:

link (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/28/the-tennessee-titans-have-the-worst-name-in-all-of-sport/)

brakos82
12-10-2007, 08:49 PM
This thread confuses me... :wild:

Bud Adams
12-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Think how confused it makes me!

The league wouldn't let me use my first choice. I wanted us to be the "Nashville Buds" but Anheuser-Bush got all bent out of shape over it. Titans was something that Paul Tagliabue made me do.

If I had it to do all over again I'd just keep Oilers. Screw the fans, I already got their money so who cares what they think.

gwallaia
01-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Happy Possum Day to all the Titan fans.

This year's lucky Possum Festival winner is shown below. Congratulations!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gwallaia/possum.jpg

Texan_Bill
01-02-2008, 09:48 AM
http://buyapet.tripod.com/images/roadkill_oppossum.jpg

Bud Adams
01-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Happy Possum Day to all the Titan fans.

This year's lucky Possum Festival winner is shown below. Congratulations!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gwallaia/possum.jpg

I remember that. I was the guest of honor at that festival and the celebrity judge. That possum reminded me of one of my grandkids so I had to put him up for best of show.

Texan_Bill
01-02-2008, 10:45 AM
I remember that. I was the guest of honor at that festival and the celebrity judge. That possum reminded me of one of my grandkids so I had to put him up for best of show.

Then you sold him at auction?!?!???

Blazing Arrow
01-02-2008, 11:30 AM

But I am confused Mr. Adams ... aren't you from Texans and still live there? Funny even when you try to down Tennessee you end up shooting yourself in the foot. :gun:

Texan_Bill
01-02-2008, 11:40 AM
But I am confused Mr. Adams ... aren't you from Texans and still live there? Funny even when you try to down Tennessee you end up shooting yourself in the foot. :gun:

Actually he was born in Oklahoma... but yes, he still resides here. He knows where the money is...

Blazing Arrow
01-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Actually he was born in Oklahoma... but yes, he still resides here. He knows where the money is...

In CA?

Texan_Bill
01-02-2008, 01:43 PM
In CA?

Too smokey there.... :splits: