PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins at Steelers

Brando
11-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Weather is nasty.

Ricky Williams

I'm pulling for the guy and hope he gets his head on straight. It will be a challenge against the Steelers defense.

What do you expect from Ricky Williams?

Brandon420tx
11-26-2007, 07:13 PM
I hope he plays well and I hope the Dolphins win. (even though one my fantasy football teams victory hinges heavily on Ben Roethlisburger, the Steelers DST, and Jeff Reed thier kicker)

Brando
11-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Game is going to be delayed because of lightning.

I'm glad we have a retractable roof. This day and age every stadium should be built with one.

TheIronDuke
11-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Game is going to be delayed because of lightning.

I'm glad we have a retractable roof. This day and age every stadium should be built with one.

It still baffles me that baseball stadiums are still being built without retractable roofs especially in the northern parts of the US.

Football stadiums, not so much, because part of the greatness of football is playing in the elements. I'm glad that we have one though, at least in late summer.

bah007
11-26-2007, 08:13 PM
It still baffles me that baseball stadiums are still being built without retractable roofs especially in the northern parts of the US.

Football stadiums, not so much, because part of the greatness of football is playing in the elements. I'm glad that we have one though, at least in late summer.

As a defensive player, I loved playing in the elements. It makes for some sloppy, heavy-hitting football.

But as a fan, I definitely dont want to watch a game in 95 degree heat or pouring rain.

TxDavid
11-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Why on earth is Ricky wearing those bright orange gloves?

gwallaia
11-26-2007, 08:41 PM
I love the way the field looks.

Revolution
11-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Weather is nasty.

Ricky Williams

I'm pulling for the guy and hope he gets his head on straight. It will be a challenge against the Steelers defense.

What do you expect from Ricky Williams?

How many chances should the guy get? Nothing personal against him, but if this was a non-entertainment industry, the guy would be living on the street.

He quit on his team a few years ago, so I would not want him on my team.

Having said this, hopefully he does get his life together. I never wish anything bad on anyone.

TxDavid
11-26-2007, 09:39 PM
This game is crazy! I've never seen a punted ball just stick in the ground like that!

TEXANRED
11-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Worst game ever.

Brandon420tx
11-26-2007, 09:44 PM
How about that field goal?

My fantasy team is tanking...

Speedy
11-26-2007, 09:45 PM
The last 0-0 tie in the NFL was November 7, 1943 between the Lions and Giants. Just in case it gets that far. 30 minutes of football to play for that to happen, 4th quarter and OT.

TxDavid
11-26-2007, 09:46 PM
My fantasy game is going great - My guys finished yesterday, but my opponent has Willie Parker. The rain was a blessing for me....

TxDavid
11-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Hope this doesn't go into OT....Somebody score dang it!

gwallaia
11-26-2007, 09:47 PM
The last 0-0 tie in the NFL was November 7, 1943 between the Lions and Giants. Just in case it gets that far. 30 minutes of football to play for that to happen, 4th quarter and OT.

This must be what its like to watch a soccer game.

TxDavid
11-26-2007, 09:48 PM
This must be what its like to watch a soccer game.

LOL!

Brandon420tx
11-26-2007, 09:57 PM
OMG Kick the field goal! lol

Brandon420tx
11-26-2007, 09:59 PM
I wonder what it would be like if a team finished the season 0-15-1 :)

ChrisG
11-26-2007, 10:22 PM
they need to lose, i want their 1st win to come in week 15 -against the Pats

but if they win i have some people to rip on LMAO

for such a close game it has been pretty borin....they need some better night games, there have been 2 1/4 good night games (Last nights, Bills/Cowgirls, and 4th quarter of chargers/colts) all other night games have sucked!!

GlassHalfFull
11-26-2007, 10:23 PM
they need to lose, i need their 1st win to come in week 15 -against the Pats

I like the symmetry of 15-0 losing to 0-15 also.

Brandon420tx
11-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Jeff Reed pushes the Steelers up 3-0

So... do the Steelers kick to Ted Ginn?

Brandon420tx
11-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Good Game

ChrisG
11-26-2007, 10:29 PM
stop that pitch crap-- you need to win take a shot down field (arizona pulled the hail mary off)

TxDavid
11-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Well the Dolphins lose again....Thank goodness the steelers scored. OT would have been painful...

stingray
Tony Kornheiser had a funny line. He said that the the 78 Bucs would pop beer cans if the dolphins would win tonight..

ChrisG
Well the Dolphins lose again....Thank goodness the steelers scored. OT would have been painful...

i would have liked to a see a 0-0 OT

bah007
11-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Worst game ever.

I disagree.

I love to see a defensive battle every once in a while.

On the plus side for Miami....considering what the weather was like, the Dolphins have to be pretty excited about Beck. He's pretty much the whole package that you look for in a pocket passer.

kastofsna
11-27-2007, 12:54 AM
didn't see the game, followed the gamecenter at work. DVR'd it though.

just based on what i saw on paper, Beck completed a lot of decent passes to Marty Booker.

can anyone clue me in as to why Miami didn't go for field goals in those two situations? i saw the field before the game, but was it really that bad? argh

GlassHalfFull
11-27-2007, 06:33 AM
didn't see the game, followed the gamecenter at work. DVR'd it though.

just based on what i saw on paper, Beck completed a lot of decent passes to Marty Booker.

can anyone clue me in as to why Miami didn't go for field goals in those two situations? i saw the field before the game, but was it really that bad? argh

It was even worse. On this one punt, the ball just hit the ground and buried itself. It was sticking out of the ground at the angle it went in. They had just resodded and then it rained like crazy.

Texan_Bill
11-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Worst game ever.
Agreed!!

I disagree.

I love to see a defensive battle every once in a while.

On the plus side for Miami....considering what the weather was like, the Dolphins have to be pretty excited about Beck. He's pretty much the whole package that you look for in a pocket passer.

Bah, I love defensive games as well, but it wasn't a game of good defenses, it was a game of poor, poor field conditions. How can a modern stadium have such poor drainage nowadays anyway?! The water never ran off the playing field, but rather pooled in the middle. I like the way Steve Young summed it up... "The field was uncompetitive"... "The field was so bad, that each team was one play away from losing the game - not winning the game".

The game was barely watchable.

With all of that said, I agree with Bah about Beck. Miami has a reason to get excited about this kid.

GlassHalfFull
11-27-2007, 08:27 AM
MJD had this to say in the Debriefing (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/27/the-debriefing-so-much-is-wasted-with-taylors-death-02/#cont):

I understand that the Steelers want to play on grass ... I get it. They're an old school team, they play old school football, tradition, the elements, natural conditions, blah blah blah. I get it. I like grass, too.

And you can have a grass field ... just as soon as you tell Pitt and the local high school teams to stay the hell off of it. What happened last night was a detriment to the NFL. Tony Kornheiser seemed refreshing and brilliant compared to the mess that was taking place on the field.

Low-scoring games are not inherently bad ... that's not necessarily my beef here. But it's not like that was a hard-hitting defensive struggle. It was a farce. No one could score because no one could move. The novelty of everyone sinking into the ground with every step wore off after about 10 minutes ... and after that, you just had a massive display of slow, ugly, offensive deficiency. It wasn't cute.

It was like going to see a symphony orchestra, but saying, "You know what would be great? If we replaced all the violin strings with dirty shoelaces, and filled every woodwind instrument with paste. Now that's a show."

It was like telling a great painter, "Hey, we need you to create a few masterpieces here, but you can only paint on sheet metal, using motor oil and a brick. Make something really pretty."

There are talented players in the NFL ... Ben Roethlisberger can do amazing things. Hines Ward, Willie Parker, Jesse Chatman, Ted Ginn ... all are worth watching, except the God-forsaken playing surface took away their ability to do any of the things that make them great.

The NFL just can't have this. They have a hard enough time putting together aesthetically-pleasing football games. They don't need Steelers games to look like two teams are trying to play on a surface of instant mashed potatoes.

It's really great that the Steelers share their facility with Pitt and with the community, but the NFL can't allow another game like this to happen. Either kick everyone else out, or make them install FieldTurf. Fans should not suffer because the Steelers refuse to acknowledge that anything has been invented since 1960.

Texan_Bill
11-27-2007, 08:34 AM
MJD had this to say in the Debriefing (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/27/the-debriefing-so-much-is-wasted-with-taylors-death-02/#cont):

Guess that summed up what I was trying to say - and more.

GlassHalfFull
11-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Guess that summed up what I was trying to say - and more.

I was reading your post on one screen and had the debriefing up on the other. The two dovetailed nicely. I have the Debriefing on my favorites and always check it at 8:01 am. MJD has a great way of getting to the heart of the matter.

Texan_Bill
11-27-2007, 09:09 AM
I was reading your post on one screen and had the debriefing up on the other. The two dovetailed nicely. I have the Debriefing on my favorites and always check it at 8:01 am. MJD has a great way of getting to the heart of the matter.

I used your link to read the debreifing. I enjoyed the read and then went straight into the Sean Taylor story as well.

I think I may add that to my favorites too... Thanks!!

kastofsna
11-27-2007, 11:58 AM
watched the DVR last night.

Beck just doesn't make bad decisions. period. he was only sacked when he literally had no other choice (usually two guys sandwiched him on those plays), and he never threw a pass into coverage. and of course he releases the ball quickly and accurately.

Will Allen made a ton of plays.

Quentin Moses sighting. and he looked pretty good, too. physical. might be a very good little pickup there.

Ricky Williams looked like Ricky Williams for the short time he was in there. hope he's okay.

didn't agree with Cameron's decision to go on 4th and 11 after the delay of game when they had the field goal unit out there. it's not 4th and 5, it's 4th and 11. just kick it.

TexansLucky13
11-27-2007, 12:15 PM
didn't agree with Cameron's decision to go on 4th and 11 after the delay of game when they had the field goal unit out there. it's not 4th and 5, it's 4th and 11. just kick it.

Yea... I was wondering about that too.

That game sucked the life out of me. It was worth it to see that punt where the ball stuck in mud and didn't bounce, though. That was insane.

Texan_Bill
11-27-2007, 12:23 PM
That game sucked the life out of me. It was worth it to see that punt where the ball stuck in mud and didn't bounce, though. That was insane.

That was insanely funny!! I'm wondering though, if that had something to do with his decision (poor field) and kicking into the one end zone that has been a nightmare for many kickers (see Kris Brown when he was a Steeler).