PDA

View Full Version : A Word of Advice....

Bulluck53
11-26-2007, 01:58 AM
Pick up the Texans DEF/ST this week for your fantasy league.....

adam
11-26-2007, 03:25 AM
I'll assume you're being sarcastic.

Har. Har. How many points did the Titans give up to the Bengals today? If there was a team who's fans should not be talking smack after today, it would certainly be the Titans (or perhaps the Giants).

joedinkle
11-26-2007, 07:26 AM
I don't think he's talking smack. The Tack's offense sucks.

adam
11-26-2007, 09:25 AM
I would like to apologize, I see you probably weren't trying to be a smart ass. I'll just say that you shouldn't get to down on yourself because your team is in a slump. After all, they do play us next.

gwallaia
11-26-2007, 09:26 AM
Does Haynesworth come back this week?

Vinny
11-26-2007, 09:46 AM

If Pacman would stop punching him out (http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7487406) - probably. Fisher said he could have taken a few snaps this last weekend but held him out.

b0ng
11-26-2007, 10:11 AM
I imagine that if he (Haynesworth) could've gone but didn't last week, that he'll probably play him this week. The team really doesn't seem nearly as dominating when he's out, and they are chasing a wildcard spot now, rather than holding it.

Overalls
11-26-2007, 01:04 PM
I'll assume you're being sarcastic.

Har. Har. How many points did the Titans give up to the Bengals today? If there was a team who's fans should not be talking smack after today, it would certainly be the Titans (or perhaps the Giants).

Bulluck53 is a good guy. He talks a little smack but I don't think this is it.

If Haynesworth can play, he will play this week. I think the Titans want this game almost as bad as we do.

Our O-line has been playing better. Our run game is almost mediocre instead of just plan terrible. We had more drops by our WRs than we have had for the most part the season, so hopefuly that won't happen again. The Titans have some DBs out and the fans are cussing some of their starters as it is. LenWhale hasn't been running well. Chris Henry is out for drugs. VY has been getting yards but is turning the ball over twice as many times as he is scoring.

We got a shot at this game. Not a good one, but a shot.

:fans:

Bulluck53
11-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Haha, no I'm serious. Just look at the stats of the past two games (and you can throw in the Jags game as well) and our offense has been terrible. Turnovers galore, total absence of a running game and our redzone offense is non existent (0/5 yesterday). Plus we were something like 1/9 on 3rd down yesterday last time I saw. I'd say it would be a smart pick-up for any fantasy player.

This should be a fun week.

TexansSeminole
11-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Haha, no I'm serious. Just look at the stats of the past two games (and you can throw in the Jags game as well) and our offense has been terrible. Turnovers galore, total absence of a running game and our redzone offense is non existent (0/5 yesterday). Plus we were something like 1/9 on 3rd down yesterday last time I saw. I'd say it would be a smart pick-up for any fantasy player.

It resembles the fact that the Panthers can't run with David at QB. The defenses take away the run from David and Vince and make the two beat them with their arms. It's quite successful as both are not very good passers at all.

I'll add to this by saying that the Titans run game was pretty successful in the beginning of the season. The defensive gameplan against the Titans has changed dramatically over the season. As long as Vince struggles to pass and beat blitzes, the Titans will continue to struggle running the ball.

HOU-TEX
11-26-2007, 03:36 PM

After this Sunday y'all will be healed of all deficiencies. Our defense is the NFL's doctor of all offenses. :shades:

Overalls
11-26-2007, 04:47 PM
After this Sunday y'all will be healed of all deficiencies. Our defense is the NFL's doctor of all offenses. :shades:

Unfortunately very true.

Leahmic223
11-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Bulluck53 is a good guy. He talks a little smack but I don't think this is it.

If Haynesworth can play, he will play this week. I think the Titans want this game almost as bad as we do.

Our O-line has been playing better. Our run game is almost mediocre instead of just plan terrible. We had more drops by our WRs than we have had for the most part the season, so hopefuly that won't happen again. The Titans have some DBs out and the fans are cussing some of their starters as it is. LenWhale hasn't been running well. Chris Henry is out for drugs. VY has been getting yards but is turning the ball over twice as many times as he is scoring.

We got a shot at this game. Not a good one, but a shot.

I say we got a good shot at it...had Dunta made a stop or two we would have won the first meeting.

Bulluck53
11-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Vince has done fine when Chow has opened up the offense. He needs someone who can catch.

Overalls
11-26-2007, 06:47 PM
I say we got a good shot at it...had Dunta made a stop or two we would have won the first meeting.

Plus I like our chances more with VY at QB over KC.

brakos82
11-26-2007, 06:57 PM

You want us to pick up your kicker this time too? 26 points my ass! :gun:

Bulluck53
11-26-2007, 08:40 PM
With our redzone deficiencies... yes. It would be a wonderous pick-up (but if he's a FA in your league I definitely want in with yall next year :splits: )

travfrancis
11-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah im sure vy was faking that injury who wouldnt with the vaunted texans def on the horizon.

Texans34Life
11-27-2007, 12:59 PM

It looks like he will...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5330905.html

Haynesworth alert

The Texans are expecting Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth to return to the field Sunday after missing three games with a strained right hamstring.

In the first eight games of the season with Haynesworth in the lineup, the Titans won six and held opponents to 67 rushing yards per game. In the three games without Haynes-
worth, the Titans allowed an average of 160 rushing yards and lost each time.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak called Haynesworth "probably the best inside player in the game."

nero THE zero
11-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Hopefully VY won't have another phantom "only miss the Texans game" injury and Collins comes in and leads them to 10 scores against us...

Yea, that'd be just our luck. I said it last time we played the Tacks and I'll say it again; I'd rather face VY than Collin 8 days out of 7.

Texan_Bill
11-27-2007, 01:06 PM
It looks like he will...

Haynesworth alert

Hopefully Flanagan will tighten up his chin strap this week, so that his helmet doesn't come off. As bad as Flanagan has been, I don't want to see him get his face stomped in either..

austintexanite
11-27-2007, 03:08 PM
I would if I played fantasy football, but I don't like it. Can't wait for this weekend though, hopefully we can establish some type of running game and us AJ over the top. Haynesworth is playing this week right?

adam
11-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Yea, that'd be just our luck. I said it last time we played the Tacks and I'll say it again; I'd rather face VY than Collin 8 days out of 7.

Agreed. To be honest, I'm surprised that Young hasn't been sat yet. He cost the Titans more games than he win and Collins is just a better passer.

nero THE zero
11-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Agreed. To be honest, I'm surprised that Young hasn't been sat yet. He cost the Titans more games than he win and Collins is just a better passer.

You don't bench a second year QB who was your third overall pick. Young is at a fork in the road, he could drastically imrpove over the next couple of seasons, he could flatten out and be another Michael Vick/Kordell Stewart, or he could keep getting worse. You don't bench him though, you let him run his course.

AnthonyE
11-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Pick up the Texans DEF/ST this week for your fantasy league.....

Some fool hasn't given them up since he drafted them in my league.