PDA

View Full Version : I really enjoyed finally seeing Darius Walker!

Hook'er
11-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Whats up with Koobes, he keeps playing that pathetic Dayne? Heck, Denver starts a new undrafted free agent RB every game but Kubiak won't give our young guys a shot! When will we finally get a look at Walker? :texflag:

Ryan
11-25-2007, 10:09 PM
whenever ron dayne fumbles

TheIronDuke
11-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Maybe he'll be at TE next week since OD fumbled again.

Yankee_In_TX
11-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Dayne has played well two weeks in a row. He always steps up about Nov. Why sit him now?

Marcus
11-25-2007, 10:41 PM
When will we finally get a look at Walker? :texflag:

:crying:

"Koobes" will play Walker when he thinks it's the right time to play him.

tulexan
11-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Dayne was not our problem today. Turnovers and our vanilla defense was.

GuerillaBlack
11-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Dayne was fine today. Our problem was to stop running with him and start becoming pass happy. He was getting almost five yards a run.

austintexanite
11-26-2007, 12:01 AM
Dayne has played well two weeks in a row. He always steps up about Nov. Why sit him now?

Dayne was not our problem today. Turnovers and our vanilla defense was.

Dayne was fine today. Our problem was to stop running with him and start becoming pass happy. He was getting almost five yards a run.

Agreed fellas, the empty backfield sets were killing me....especially when Ron picked up good yardage on his first carry. This happened a couple of times today, and I didn't understand it.

Hookem11
11-26-2007, 12:38 AM
I think that for this season Darius could definitely help the team, although he is limited in speed he has excellent vision and seems to be a very smart runner, which is something this team could use. Either way, however, this team needs someone much more explosive at the position, either through FA (Turner) or the draft (Mike Hart?) I consider myself a pretty big DW fan and have a ton of respect for the guy and love to have him on the team, but he will never be our answer at RB if we hope to contend next year IMO

ObsiWan
11-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Kubiak's biggest fault, IMO, is his reluctance to go with the youngsters. Darius Walker is someone I'd like to see in game action. And Echemandu will probably never see the game again because he fumbled. Once. (Too bad that rule doesn't apply to TEs.)

This is what I mean:
- He kept playing Moulds last season and never found out what he had in Walter.
- He didn't play Chris Taylor until the last game and found out he'd had very likely his best back on the bench all year.
- If you recall, he never played Vonta Leach until Jameel Cook got hurt (supposedly, Leach "didn't practice well").
- This year, it took him half a season to give up on Petey Faggins and even then he wouldn't play Bennett but a few snaps at a time until forced to by Dunta's injury.

I suspect Brandon Frye would be fairly decent in giving Salaam a blow from time to time but we'll never find out. And I wonder what other "diamonds in the rough" we might have...

Msg to "Kubes" some guys (like Leach) play better than they practice.

ObsiWan
11-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Oh and how much longer before he realizes Green needs to sit the rest of the year out and get well.

adam
11-26-2007, 03:28 AM
Walker will play when Dayne ceases to be the most consistent player on our offense. As horrendous as it is to say, aside from A.J. and perhaps Walter, Ron is our best, most reliable offensive player.

JamesC
11-26-2007, 03:33 AM
Walker will probably play in the last game of the season just like Taylor did last year. He'll probably have over 100 yards rushing, leaving us to wonder why he didnt get a shot earlier.

maddogmrb
11-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Kubiak's biggest fault, IMO, is his reluctance to go with the youngsters. Darius Walker is someone I'd like to see in game action. And Echemandu will probably never see the game again because he fumbled. Once. (Too bad that rule doesn't apply to TEs.)

This is what I mean:
- He didn't play Chris Taylor until the last game and found out he'd had very likely his best back on the bench all year.
- If you recall, he never played Vonta Leach until Jameel Cook got hurt (supposedly, Leach "didn't practice well").
- This year, it took him half a season to give up on Petey Faggins and even then he wouldn't play Bennett but a few snaps at a time until forced to by Dunta's injury.

I suspect Brandon Frye would be fairly decent in giving Salaam a blow from time to time but we'll never find out. And I wonder what other "diamonds in the rough" we might have...

Let's face it, due to Dayne's incredible success, there won't be another Texans RB until he dies.:fans:

maddogmrb
11-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Walker will play when Dayne ceases to be the most consistent player on our offense. As horrendous as it is to say, aside from A.J. and perhaps Walter, Ron is our best, most reliable offensive player.

Better than Matt Schaub? Heresy!! :bat:

hookinreds
11-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Dayne did fine yesterday, and didn't provide a reason for him not to play. That being said, there's nothing wrong with getting Walker a handfull of plays under the lights, just to spice it up a little.

dskillz
11-26-2007, 12:41 PM

Kubiak admitted that in the Chronicle:

"They played a lot of soft (two-deep zone), trying to make us dink and dunk," Kubiak said. "I thought we ran the ball effectively and probably got away from it too fast, and there was no reason to.

"If I had to do it over again, I'd probably stick with the run a little longer."

I am tired of reading quotes like that on Monday mornings.

I would have liked to see what Darius could do though.

Goldensilence
11-26-2007, 01:53 PM
It shouldn't be a suprise that Dayne starts to churn it out later in the year when he starts to get more carries and develops more of a rhytym. If you watched him at Wisconsin you'd know that's how he got the NCAA record. He's never had the breakaway speed. He's ALWAYS been a guy you feed the ball and tackling him plus the offensive line leaning on you and entire game tires people out in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

It shouldn't be rocket science on that one. I think the worst thing that happened for Ron Dayne is the Heisman and just adds to my opinion that career orientated hesimans shouldn't be handed out.

TexansSeminole
11-26-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't see any reason to play Walker in that game. Dayne was effective, they just quit running the ball. Sounds like a playcalling problem rather than a personell problem this time.

Leahmic223
11-26-2007, 04:44 PM
I don't see any reason to play Walker in that game. Dayne was effective, they just quit running the ball. Sounds like a playcalling problem rather than a personell problem this time.

That is what makes me mad. It was so obvious to most of us here, Dayne had what...16 carries for 78 yards...which means we ran the ball 17 times (That one reverse play)

So why not run it more? Or O-Coordinator or was it Kubes trusting Sherm?
Whose problem was this?

Especially since the draw play was so dang effective since Cleveland just sat back there in Zones. Even Kubes said he should have ran the ball more. I am bit tired of hearing though "we should have done this more"

I felt had we went to those draw plays more the PlayAction would have been in full effect, and most if not all of our big plays come off of PA, not 5 WR sets, were not the Saints we are the Texans.

I thought Dayne did well also, he just had 16 carries and we just went away from the pass. Outcoached this week. IMO I don't feel Cleveland has more talent than us, I just think they know what they are doing and stick with it. Every week we are trying something different it seems.

badboy
11-26-2007, 05:17 PM

This is what I mean:

Kubes has the Astro method of bringing new guys up. Unless they are high draft picks.

ArlingtonTexan
11-26-2007, 06:09 PM

Kubiak is not really that unusual. More coaches, than not rather play known mediocrity than the totally unknown, especially if they are not a high draft pick or dominating in practice. Most teams have only a couple of rookies or guys picked off the waiver wire starting. A good percentage of those are situations where injury and/or extremely poor performance have forced thier hand.

Seriously how many of you guys who having some sort of management responsibility regularly stick people in positions "just to see what they have?" or "they can't be any worst then what the company already has?"