PDA

View Full Version : Mario gets AFC Award

dalonestartitan
11-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Whats more important the short term, or the long term.

I think, after Sunday's game, it is obvious that Reggie is a gimmick player, who can easily be game planned for. Reggie is talented, but not NFL talented.

http://www.footballgameplan.com/nfl-awards

Mario and Amobi really can set us up for the long term, where as Reggie can't anchor the saints offense.

We just may have made the better pick. All hate and envy and what could have been put aside.

TheRealJoker
11-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Kudos to him.

powerfuldragon
11-21-2007, 12:19 PM
all mario needs now are games like that vs. vince.

Hagar
11-21-2007, 12:26 PM
all mario needs now are games like that vs. vince.All Mario need now is to do that every game instead of once every 8 - 10 games.

Nobody disputes his talent/potential but his heart/desire to give 100% on every play of every game.

dalonestartitan
11-21-2007, 01:20 PM
All Mario need now is to do that every game instead of once every 8 - 10 games.

Nobody disputes his talent/potential but his heart/desire to give 100% on every play of every game.

He had to be extra motivated for that game.

Maddict5
11-21-2007, 01:31 PM

i dont dispute his effort at all.. i think its obvious the guys tries his best every play, based on what we see and what kubiak says... hes just learning the game

Silver Oak
11-21-2007, 01:38 PM
i dont dispute his effort at all.. i think its obvious the guys tries his best every play, based on what we see and what kubiak says... hes just learning the game

I agree.

There is a wallpaper I got off of the team site. It is a picture of Mario and Dunta celebrating in the end zone after Mario returned the fumble for a TD. The look of sheer joy is one you wouldn't find on a player who is just playing for paychecks and going through the motions.

The future is bright for the guy, and I am glad we'll get to see him progress.

dalonestartitan
11-21-2007, 02:02 PM
I agree.

There is a wallpaper I got off of the team site. It is a picture of Mario and Dunta celebrating in the end zone after Mario returned the fumble for a TD. The look of sheer joy is one you wouldn't find on a player who is just playing for paychecks and going through the motions.

The future is bright for the guy, and I am glad we'll get to see him progress.

What I like about Mario, is that he was real humble before the draft. He really didn't know where he was going, and never claimed to be the best, he just wanted to play football, wherever he went. I remember his interview on the Jim Rome show where he though he might go to the saints.

Mario will be great. He's just a physical freak, and you can tell that he's coachable. This guy will be a stud.

beerlover
11-21-2007, 02:13 PM
has anyone else observed Mario has his best games after extra rest (season opener/bye week)? makes me think he is still bothered by Planter Fascitis. I'm sure (hope at least) he is still being treated/therapy & wears special footwear keeping the foot rigid to maintain what looks like improved balance/power :cool:

Nawzer
11-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Mario has had two good games back to back. Granted it was against New Orleans and Oakland I think he's played really well. Hopefully this will continue through the rest of the season. I think his technique looks much better now than it ever has. I'm looking forward to this Cleveland game I think it's a big test for him and the rest of the team.

Mr teX
11-21-2007, 02:56 PM
has anyone else observed Mario has his best games after extra rest (season opener/bye week)? makes me think he is still bothered by Planter Fascitis. I'm sure (hope at least) he is still being treated/therapy & wears special footwear keeping the foot rigid to maintain what looks like improved balance/power :cool:

I remember during last weeks' game they were talking about how he is now standing up @ times on the line of scrimmage & rushing the passer. One of the reasons why they said he liked to stand is b/c it helps him breathe better.

Perhaps now since he isn't down in a 3 point stance every down, he's isn't wearing himself completely out on sundays & he's got just a bit more energy late in the games to make that play that we need. idonno:

TheRealJoker
11-21-2007, 03:02 PM
I think standing him up helps him immensely.

sakebomb
11-21-2007, 10:48 PM
He had to be extra motivated for that game.

He needs to be motivated every game. :d:

Overalls
11-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Remember at the begining of last season the coaches were moving around all over the place and puting him in different stances and it didn't work. Now with a season and a half under his belt their original plan may be starting to pay off. I was one of the ones who thought they were throwing to much at him when they did it last season but now it looks like it could be paying off.

:fans:

threetoedpete
11-22-2007, 12:22 PM

Agreed. the glass is half full. Put this foot there, put that foot here. He can only get better with every snap.

threetoedpete
11-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Mario has had two good games back to back. Granted it was against New Orleans and Oakland I think he's played really well. Hopefully this will continue through the rest of the season. I think his technique looks much better now than it ever has. I'm looking forward to this Cleveland game I think it's a big test for him and the rest of the team.

Agreed: Going to be a great game to forget about where the ball is and watch the match up between those two possible HOFers. They'll only meet once every four years or so unless they see each other in the play offs. Sunday's match up will be round one.