PDA

View Full Version : Will the Texans kick to Josh Cribbs?

TexanSam
11-21-2007, 11:44 AM
The guy isn't Devin Hester, but he's pretty damn close. He has 2 kick returns for touchdowns this season and averages 32.4 yards per return. He has 5 returns of 40+ yards. This guy gives the Browns good field position almost every time on kick returns. I wonder if the Texans will kick to him

Dallas_Texan
11-21-2007, 12:09 PM
The guy isn't Devin Hester, but he's pretty damn close. He has 2 kick returns for touchdowns this season and averages 32.4 yards per return. He has 5 returns of 40+ yards. This guy gives the Browns good field position almost every time on kick returns. I wonder if the Texans will kick to him

I hope not. That's exactly why Cleveland is doing as well as they are. That guy's a gift to the Browns. Remember what it was like when people were scared of Mathis/JJ??? Seems like a long time ago!

TheRealJoker
11-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Brown needs to boot it out of the endzone so we can win the field position battle, which is the key to winning this game.

PapaL
11-21-2007, 12:45 PM
ST has always been one of our few bright spots. I don't think we're afraid him.

adam
11-21-2007, 04:53 PM

Exactly. Cribbs shouldn't be too big of a factor. Though as someone mentioned, if Brown can muster the leg...it would be good to kick it out of the back of the endzone. Otherwise, giving them the ball on the 40 after every kickoff isn't much more promising than just kicking it to Cribbs.

axman40
11-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Not only will kick to him , Brown will be yelling "GET IN MY BELLY!"at him.
:texflag:

gwallaia
11-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Brown needs to boot it out of the endzone so we can win the field position battle, which is the key to winning this game.

Wind conditions are always interesting in Cleveland. If the wind is to our backs, Kris needs to kick the rock out of the back of the endzone.

When its in our face, try the squib and for God's sake, stay in your lane.

edo783
11-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Kick to him? Probably not, but angled to make it more difficult for him. Best would be to knock it out of the end zone to prevent any long runbacks.

jaybird
11-21-2007, 07:48 PM
I hope not. That's exactly why Cleveland is doing as well as they are. That guy's a gift to the Browns. Remember what it was like when people were scared of Mathis/JJ??? Seems like a long time ago!

It's not the only reason but he sure helps!

Baltiwhore should have kicked it out of bounds a couple times lst week... the guy has skills and should be in the pro-bowl this year.

But with JJ and Cribbs you could see a kick return for a TD on either side.

TexanSam
11-21-2007, 08:12 PM
But with JJ and Cribbs you could see a kick return for a TD on either side.

Jacoby hasn't exactly done anything impressive this year on punt returns. Everybody was hyped about him in the preseason, but he hasn't done much in the regular season.

Cribbs >>>>>>>> Jacoby unfortunately

adam
11-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Jacoby hasn't exactly done anything impressive this year on punt returns. Everybody was hyped about him in the preseason, but he hasn't done much in the regular season.

Indeed. Jacoby is probably the player on our team that I am most disappointed with, he just hasn't registered at all in the regular season.

TheRealJoker
11-21-2007, 09:09 PM
What the heck happened to JJ? He is way too tentative returning punts ever since his injury. His wreckless style and intensity is what gave him success in the preseason? Where is that spark?!?!?!

jaybird
11-21-2007, 09:39 PM

I agree 100%... just trying to show JJ some love

axman40
11-21-2007, 09:46 PM
What the heck happened to JJ? He is way too tentative returning punts ever since his injury. His wreckless style and intensity is what gave him success in the preseason? Where is that spark?!?!?!
Question asked and answered
:fans:

TexanSam
11-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Question asked and answered
:fans:

Probably doesn't help that he got injured by being tackled by the freakin punter! I'd still be demoralized after that :whip:

Ole Miss Texan
11-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Probably doesn't help that he got injured by being tackled by the freakin punter! I'd still be demoralized after that :whip:

haha yea, but that punty is 6-2, 209 lbs!

TexanSam
11-23-2007, 12:24 AM
haha yea, but that punty is 6-2, 209 lbs!

True. Of course, Matt Turk is 6'5 240. Didn't help him much against San Diego

GTFan
11-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Jacoby Jones has the fifth best punt return average in the NFL (11.9 yards), higher than Cribbs (11.2). I'd call punt returns about even.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=return&sort=pavg&league=nfl&season=2&year=2007

jaybird
11-24-2007, 09:47 PM

Don't have to be afraid of him for him to run one back... need to respect him and kick away from him whenever possible.

jaybird
11-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Jacoby Jones has the fifth best punt return average in the NFL (11.9 yards), higher than Cribbs (11.2). I'd call punt returns about even.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=return&sort=pavg&league=nfl&season=2&year=2007

true... but Cribbs has a 32.8 average on kickoff returns with 2 TDs... and at least one more that I can think of that was called back... he is a serious threat to return one any time you kick to him... Jones was that way IMO prior to his injury.