PDA

View Full Version : Great Game Young

Hookem Horns
11-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Selvin that is! Crowder too. Gotta root for those former Horns right? Nice to them send the Possumholler Hillbillies back to their trailer parks with another loss. Hookem! :coolb:

Fox
11-20-2007, 12:03 AM
That other Young played a pretty damn good game as well. He hadn't played well lately, but he sure did tonight, much better than his stat line would indicate too.

Hookem Horns
11-20-2007, 12:10 AM
That other Young played a pretty damn good game as well. He hadn't played well lately, but he sure did tonight, much better than his stat line would indicate too.

No, he didn't get it done. When the game was on the line he choked it up and threw a horrible pick. When he has stunk it up and the Titans still win, the VY jocksniffers just pull the "all he does is win" card. This guy can't have it both ways.

As much as I hate the guy the "all he does is win" statement applies more to Butterworth, I mean Haynesworth. Without him in there they are not winning.

Leahmic223
11-20-2007, 12:13 AM
He threw more picks as expected...

But seriously, his WRs were dropping passes left and right and all over the place. That was amazing to see NFL WRs drop that many passes as a group.

Fox
11-20-2007, 12:15 AM
By "when the game was on the line", do you mean when they were down by two TD's with less than 2 minutes left? His first INT was hardly a horrible pick, his receiver had his hands on the ball and Bly pried it away. Young was a threat through the air and on the ground tonight. I'm hardly a Young proponent, but despite his one horrible interception at the end when the game was already out of hand he played a good game.

Marcus
11-20-2007, 12:30 AM
Is the "all he does is win" card only played when Albert Haynesworth is playing?

ATX
11-20-2007, 12:31 AM
He threw 2 interceptions in the 4th quarter.....that's enough for me to make a judgment.

Showtime100
11-20-2007, 12:44 AM
If you saw the post-game you would have thought the score was the other way around and the recievers and officiating were out to get Vince.

Emmitt was doing a pretty good Steven A. Smith when I changed the channel.

kastofsna
11-20-2007, 02:05 AM
watched the tail end of this game at work. first things first: hooray for Andre Hall.

oh and i love how they made a big deal of Young reaching 300 yards. this just in to the ESPN folks: when a guy gets his career high yardage in a game, most of the time, that player loses.

GuerillaBlack
11-20-2007, 07:23 AM
When Young has his two best statistical games of the season, the Titans lose.

Texan_Bill
11-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Thank you to both Youngs... Selvin for a pretty gutsy performance against the Tacks and VY for proving my point about Tennessee's defense being the ones winning these games for them... So much for all the hypsters.

Oh and that first interception 'was' a horrible throw. He hit the receiver on the back shoulder - right where the defender was trailiing the receiver... Not a good throw.

Fox
11-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Thank you to both Youngs... Selvin for a pretty gutsy performance against the Tacks and VY for proving my point about Tennessee's defense being the ones winning these games for them... So much for all the hypsters.

Oh and that first interception 'was' a horrible throw. He hit the receiver on the back shoulder - right where the defender was trailiing the receiver... Not a good throw.

Semantics. I think there's a level of value in between good and horrible. If your receiver gets his hands on the ball, I wouldn't call it horrible. It was worse than a completed pass, and better than his second 'horrible' pick where he threw it to a Bronco defender with no one else in the vicinity.

Texan_Bill
11-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Bottom line Fox:
5 TD's passing 12 INT's.... Thats not good in Pop Warner let alone the NFL. In fact, thats horrible. HORRIBLE!! And yes when you throw a ball to a receivers back shoulder on a slant - that ball winds up intercepted 90% of the time.. That one, was not on the receiver (ie some of the other drops that were).

Funny how Young apologists sound a lot like those HWSRN apologists sounded...

Fox
11-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Bill, I'm not a Young apologist. I enjoy seeing the Titans, and any other AFC South opponent, lose. I'm talking about one game I watched of him last night. I thought he played a good game. I agree he has crappy stats on the season, but in my eyes he looked like a playmaker last night against the Broncos. That's all I'm trying to say.

Mr teX
11-20-2007, 10:02 AM
By "when the game was on the line", do you mean when they were down by two TD's with less than 2 minutes left? His first INT was hardly a horrible pick, his receiver had his hands on the ball and Bly pried it away. Young was a threat through the air and on the ground tonight. I'm hardly a Young proponent, but despite his one horrible interception at the end when the game was already out of hand he played a good game.

had young put it on the money, Bly probably wouldn't have been able to get his hands on the ball, so yeah that was a bad pick at a bad time. & it wasn't 2 minutes left it was closer to 5 minutes & they were driving pretty well.

I'd say the Denver defense was depending on his inaccuracy in the passing game & his garbage WR's. he got away with 1 early on in the game that went through Bailey's fingertips.

All told he played a great game. he had some ridiculous drops by his WR's, but that happens to every QB.

Vinny
11-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Bill, I'm not a Young apologist. I enjoy seeing the Titans, and any other AFC South opponent, lose. I'm talking about one game I watched of him last night. I thought he played a good game. I agree he has crappy stats on the season, but in my eyes he looked like a playmaker last night against the Broncos. That's all I'm trying to say.You can't make independent observations without being labeled an apologist by some guys here. I just stay out of these threads since they just end up brain damage and circular arguments (sadly).

bah007
11-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Bill, I'm not a Young apologist. I enjoy seeing the Titans, and any other AFC South opponent, lose. I'm talking about one game I watched of him last night. I thought he played a good game. I agree he has crappy stats on the season, but in my eyes he looked like a playmaker last night against the Broncos. That's all I'm trying to say.

It doesnt matter.

It is really not possible to have a logical discussion about Young or Bush on this board.

Too many homers & haters jump in. Just let it go.

I thought he played well also, up until the end.

HOU-TEX
11-20-2007, 10:12 AM
I was just happy to see the titans lose the game. I've never been pro or con Vince Young, but he did play well up until the fourth quarter. The WRs and Scaife couldn't catch anything. The first pick was a bad throw. The second pick was more of a last chance despiration throw.

I about shat myself when one of the commentators mentioned the TD by the WR was their first TD of the year by a WR. Is that true?

:texflag:

Texan_Bill
11-20-2007, 10:14 AM

I wasnt trying to suggest that you were - one way or the other. Thats why I separated my thoughts specifically to you from others' general thoughts (over long periods of time) with ***********'s

You should read another thread where I said he had a pretty good game - with the exception of the two picks.

austintexanite
11-20-2007, 11:22 AM
I thought he played well also, up until the end.

Read my mind.

TexansSeminole
11-20-2007, 11:27 AM
If you saw the post-game you would have thought the score was the other way around and the recievers and officiating were out to get Vince.

Emmitt was doing a pretty good Steven A. Smith when I changed the channel.

Yea I saw a bit of that. Emmitt is not nearly as bad as Steven A. Smith is. Seven A. SMith has got to be my least favorite guy on espn. When they had him on there talking about the Barry Bonds situation, pretty much the only thing he could add was that the only reason Barry is getting heat is because he is black. Steven A. Smith is absolutely rediculous.

texasguy346
11-20-2007, 11:33 AM
I found it funny how poorly Mike Shanahan's timeouts worked for him. He had the timeout where he tried to ice Bironas only to have him miss his first attempt, but after the timeout he nailed the second. Then when they were backed up against the goal line after a VY run that came up just short his defense took a time out on what would have been 3rd and goal from the one inch line. The players don't hear the whistle but a terrible play ensues where Young looks to run then looks to throw all while running back 10 yards or more. Then finally makes a run towards the end zone only to lose some yardage. It would've set up a 4th and goal, but since the defense took the timeout it gave the officials time to review the 2nd down TD run by Young that was called short. They reviewed it and it turned out to be a score. I wonder if Shanahan is getting a little timeout kharma.

Double Barrel
11-20-2007, 11:43 AM
He threw more picks as expected...

But seriously, his WRs were dropping passes left and right and all over the place. That was amazing to see NFL WRs drop that many passes as a group.

We've been told that VY is so good that he makes everyone around him better. I would assume this statement includes his WRs. Obviously, there seems to be a bit of hype in some of these claims.

What I saw was a young QB experiencing some struggles, and the fact that he's got the tools to be a solid QB in the NFL but cannot do it alone (another point of hype that has been exposed as such).

Fisher will put some weapons around VY next season, and I won't be surprised to see him really make some positive strides in his development in year 3. The AFC South will continue to be one of the better conferences in the NFL with three young teams chasing a Colts dynasty. Fun stuff to anticipate!

Mr teX
11-20-2007, 11:53 AM
We've been told that VY is so good that he makes everyone around him better. I would assume this statement includes his WRs. Obviously, there seems to be a bit of hype in some of these claims.

What I saw was a young QB experiencing some struggles, and the fact that he's got the tools to be a solid QB in the NFL but cannot do it alone (another point of hype that has been exposed as such).

Fisher will put some weapons around VY next season, and I won't be surprised to see him really make some positive strides in his development in year 3. The AFC South will continue to be one of the better conferences in the NFL with three young teams chasing a Colts dynasty. Fun stuff to anticipate!

Don't be so sure about that. Fisher's MO has always been to control the clock by running the ball, Play solid defense & only throw when it's absolutely neccessary. Even in the Mcnair/george years this was the case. They've never had that go to guy, mason/wycheck just emerged as that guy for McNair. I think that's what Fisher's counting on from one of the current guys they have.

Vinny
11-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Don't be so sure about that. Fisher's MO has always been to control the clock by running the ball, Play solid defense & only throw when it's absolutely neccessary. Even in the Mcnair/george years this was the case. They've never had that go to guy, mason/wycheck just emerged as that guy for McNair. I think that's what Fisher's counting on from one of the current guys they have.
The Titans have drafted WR's high (see the Dyson pick) and taken pretty high visiblity FA's (guys like Yancy Thigpen and tried to do it with David Givens but he has been hurt) and will do it when it is needed. Right now they have garbage WR's and it is easy to see if you watch enough Titan games. They will make a move of some sort since nobody is good enough on this current roster to be a wr1.

Double Barrel
11-20-2007, 11:57 AM

They will upgrade. Maybe not superstar upgrades, but I doubt that Eric Moulds is the best WR on their roster next season.

Rex King
11-20-2007, 11:59 AM

Yeah, I can see the pecking order changing, perhaps as early as next year. Some chinks in the Colts armor are being exposed, the Jags finally have a QB to go along with their run game and defense, and the Titans and Texans are both young and improving.

What was interesting was the segment they did on VY prior to the game - small sample, but they illustrated that he was able to go through his progressions when given time, but struggled agains the blitz. Amazing, huh?

Specnatz
11-20-2007, 12:07 PM
You can't make independent observations without being labeled an apologist by some guys here. I just stay out of these threads since they just end up brain damage and circular arguments (sadly).

But the throw Bill is talking about was poorly thrown was it not? If VY had lead his receiver like he is supposed to do either the WR drops the ball (I counted 4 or 5 drops) or he catches it and the DB does not have as easy of a chance for the Int.

Not a circular arguement at all, it is fact. I am not a VY fan and I have been more critical of his followers than I really have of VY. He had a good game, so far I have not seen many say he has not but when it was all on the line he threw not one but two Int.

TexansSeminole
11-20-2007, 12:11 PM
But the throw Bill is talking about was poorly thrown was it not? If VY had lead his receiver like he is supposed to do either the WR drops the ball (I think I counted 4 drops) or he catches it and the DB does not have as easy of a chance for the Int.

Not a circular arguement at all, it is fact. I am not a VY fan and I have been more critical of his followers than I really have of VY. He had a good game, so far I have not seen many say he has not but when it was all on the line he threw not one but two Int.

I was trying to talk about Reggie Bush with some people on this board the other day. Couldn't get anyone to say anything besides "Reggie sucks" and then they gave me the most skewed stats that you could possible conjure up about the guy. Face it, people on this board are going to hate on certain players, and when talking about those certain players, you will not get very many intelligent comments about the player, just hateful comments.

kastofsna
11-20-2007, 12:15 PM
it's no coincidence that Michael Vick's receivers couldn't catch anything, either. they're all fairly young, developing receivers (aside from Moulds), and they're going to have a tough time adapting to the speed and physicallity of the NFL when they have to focus so much on if their QB is going to put the ball in the right spot or not.

travfrancis
11-20-2007, 12:18 PM
I about shat myself when one of the commentators mentioned the TD by the WR was their first TD of the year by a WR. Is that true?

No that's not true.

HOU-TEX
11-20-2007, 12:34 PM
No that's not true.

Umm...care to enlighten us?

It was an honest question. :cool:

Texan_Bill
11-20-2007, 12:40 PM
But the throw Bill is talking about was poorly thrown was it not? If VY had lead his receiver like he is supposed to do either the WR drops the ball (I counted 4 or 5 drops) or he catches it and the DB does not have as easy of a chance for the Int.

Exactly Spec... Had VY lead the receiver it would have been an easy reception for a nice chunk of yards.

Specnatz
11-20-2007, 12:41 PM
I was trying to talk about Reggie Bush with some people on this board the other day. Couldn't get anyone to say anything besides "Reggie sucks" and then they gave me the most skewed stats that you could possible conjure up about the guy. Face it, people on this board are going to hate on certain players, and when talking about those certain players, you will not get very many intelligent comments about the player, just hateful comments.

I think Bush is very average at best. Unless you have a good run game and a very good QB he is not going to do much because he is not an every down back, but yes a lot of people will hate.

Persoanly I can't stand the guy because he went to Univ of Spoiled Children and he he cheated to against ND and cheated his school and teammates and could cost them a lot if the NCAA ever gets the pressure to actually do what it should and come down hard on USC for his infractions.

Specnatz
11-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Exactly Spec... Had VY lead the receiver it would have been an easy reception for a nice chunk of yards.

With all the drops they had I would not say easy, but at least the Int would not have happened.

Texan_Bill
11-20-2007, 12:43 PM

I think Roydell Williams (or maybe it was Gage) had one against us..... Oh but wait, that was Kerry Collins at the helm...

Fox
11-20-2007, 12:44 PM

If memory serves, the WR was running right at a LB and had Bly right behind him. If he leads him a foot too far, the LB picks him off. If he puts it a foot short, Bly picks him off. Not the greatest decision to try and put the ball in such a small window, but super-competitive type QB's have a tendency to go for the perfect throw in those situations, IMO. It definitely wasn't as good of a throw as it could've been, but the small margin for error magnified a relatively small inaccuracy.

As for the 2 INT's when the game was on the line thing, that logic doesn't sit quite right with me. The second INT happened after the 2 minute mark, down 2 TD's when the Titans were in desperation mode. I guess it was possible to hit a 70 yard TD, kick an onside kick, and hit another quick 80 yard drive to tie, but that seems unlikely.

His first INT I can see you making a good case for. Over 5 minutes left, he could've lead a scoring drive with enough time to stop them again, and lead a 2 minute offense for the tying score.

When I think of the game "being on the line", I tend to think more of a team using the final drive of the game to either tie or take the lead.

Specnatz
11-20-2007, 12:53 PM
If memory serves, the WR was running right at a LB and had Bly right behind him. If he leads him a foot too far, the LB picks him off. If he puts it a foot short, Bly picks him off. Not the greatest decision to try and put the ball in such a small window, but super-competitive type QB's have a tendency to go for the perfect throw in those situations, IMO. It definitely wasn't as good of a throw as it could've been, but the small margin for error magnified a relatively small inaccuracy.

As for the 2 INT's when the game was on the line thing, that logic doesn't sit quite right with me. The second INT happened after the 2 minute mark, down 2 TD's when the Titans were in desperation mode. I guess it was possible to hit a 70 yard TD, kick an onside kick, and hit another quick 80 yard drive to tie, but that seems unlikely.

His first INT I can see you making a good case for. Over 5 minutes left, he could've lead a scoring drive with enough time to stop them again, and lead a 2 minute offense for the tying score.

When I think of the game "being on the line", I tend to think more of a team using the final drive of the game to either tie or take the lead.

Why the Texans did it with a back up QB. Look how many on-side kicks have been recovered this year. Besides if the first dos not happen they are still in that drive and the time differential would not be as great as you are pointing out.

Honoring Earl 34
11-20-2007, 01:03 PM
So .... who's having the better year Vince or Mario ?

I say Mario is . :texflag:

Fox
11-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Why the Texans did it with a back up QB. Look how many on-side kicks have been recovered this year. Besides if the first dos not happen they are still in that drive and the time differential would not be as great as you are pointing out.

In regards to the "It's happened before", comment, as I said above it was a very unlikely possibility, and would've relied upon quite a few variables falling in the Titans favor. Just because it's happened before doesn't mean it is a likely possibility.

As far as the INT's, I am judging them separately. Also as I said above, when the first INT happened you have a good case for stating the game was on the line. That's just not a scenario I classically think of as "being on the line."

TexansLucky13
11-20-2007, 01:48 PM
This is looking like a Carr thread to me....

Blazing Arrow
11-20-2007, 03:12 PM

The annoucers pointed out that was the first Titans WR with more then 1 TD.

The Dream
11-20-2007, 03:15 PM
But seriously, his WRs were dropping passes left and right and all over the place. That was amazing to see NFL WRs drop that many passes as a group

his receivers have sucked all year...they could've beat the colts had one of their WR not had butterfingers.....this truely might be one of the reasons why VY has regressed some this season in certain areas.........

Double Barrel
11-20-2007, 03:49 PM
This is looking like a Carr thread to me....

ouch....but so true. :whistle:

The Dream
11-20-2007, 03:58 PM
david carr's "good" stats games last season had more to do with David padding his stats at the end of a game against the 2nd stringers....and david was in his 5th season...VY just made it past 16 starts not too long ago.....

HOU-TEX
11-20-2007, 04:20 PM
ouch....but so true. :whistle:

Yes, but worse. This cat has never even been a Texan.:specnatz:

TexansSeminole
11-20-2007, 05:26 PM
The second INT happened after the 2 minute mark, down 2 TD's when the Titans were in desperation mode. I guess it was possible to hit a 70 yard TD, kick an onside kick, and hit another quick 80 yard drive to tie, but that seems unlikely.

In no way should the Titans offense be in desperation mode. They were only down by 2 TDs. You get a TD on that drive your only a TD away, and the game is then very close. That INT was a legit INT, to say that the Titans didn't have a very good chance of winning so it doesn't matter is not right.

False Start
11-20-2007, 07:12 PM
I heard KY was whining about the refs in the MNF game today . At 6-2 , he "just wins" ........ at 6-4 , he "just whines" .......

Fox
11-20-2007, 07:48 PM
In no way should the Titans offense be in desperation mode. They were only down by 2 TDs. You get a TD on that drive your only a TD away, and the game is then very close. That INT was a legit INT, to say that the Titans didn't have a very good chance of winning so it doesn't matter is not right.

What specifically are you responding to? If you go back to the first page of the thread you'll see me describe that INT as "horrible". It was a bad INT. I never said it wasn't.

As far as being in desperation mode, once again this is an issue of semantics. I would describe being down 2 TD's with less than 2 minutes remaining as a time of desperation. You have to score quickly, recover an onside, and score quickly again just to tie. I would describe a team's need to score in that situation as desperate.

Ole Miss Texan
11-20-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm not going to lie...I just read the first few posts, I'm not wasting my time reading all the 'hate' comments about Vince Young. Some people just post to post and didn't even watch the game...just look at the stat line and that's very deceiving.

I watched the game and thought to myself that Vince was having a good game. Give him a hard time if you want for running for 1st downs on 3rd and long..b/c he's a QB not a RB... The bottom line is that he was the only reason the Titans were even in the game. He picked up those first downs, had some great throws, etc.

His WR's dropped way too many passes. Did Vince have a pro bowler's game and had all his throws right on the money? absolutely no and probably will never. Even the announcers talked about how he doesn't throw accurately when he's on the run.. but to blame vince for playing bad and 'not getting it done' just reaks of not watching the game. I dislike VY & the Titans just as much as the next guy but will stand up for a guy when people are distorting how things happened.

And who was that other RB for Denver that broke out that 60yd TD run? damn!

Joe Texan
11-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Vince Is the enemy and he throws interseptions. not a good stat for a QB, not a bad stat for a RB

kastofsna
11-21-2007, 02:02 AM
And who was that other RB for Denver that broke out that 60yd TD run? damn!
Andre Hall of USF fame, the school's best RB ever. well, Mike Ford is going to destroy all his records and be drafted in the top 10 some day, but before this year, definitely their best offensive player. i fancied him a first day pick, wound up undrafted. a crying shame. didn't make the Bucs' roster. hope he has a home in Denver, he's good.

Bulluck53
11-21-2007, 03:02 AM

Actually no, watch the play again. Had Vince led the receiver any more then he did it would have been intercepted as well. He threw it between three guys, it was a good read but he threw it too late and he shouldn't have hesitated.

No that was not the first touchdown scored by a receiver.

And whoever said it was right, you guys cannot have a serious discussion on this board about VY/Mario/Bush without a homer fan or flat-out "hater" chiming in with no objectivity at all. Fact is he played very well last night. Made too many mistakes at the end. A poorly thrown ball for the first int and blatant desperation on the second. He showed what he can do when the offense is schemed around him instead of the running game and hopefully Fish took notice.

To say VY lost that game is dumb.

BattleRedToro
11-21-2007, 07:03 AM

Agreed, it's just as dumb as saying he won the games against JAX, ATL, OAK, CAR, etc.

Joe Texan
11-21-2007, 08:26 AM
And whoever said it was right, you guys cannot have a serious discussion on this board about VY/Mario/Bush without a homer fan or flat-out "hater" chiming in with no objectivity at all. Fact is he played very well last night. Made too many mistakes at the end. A poorly thrown ball for the first int and blatant desperation on the second. He showed what he can do when the offense is schemed around him instead of the running game and hopefully Fish took notice.

It is understood that he is not in a system designed for him. He is a special player who would need a special offense like he had in college. This is the NFL and a good player in the NFL is one that fits the system. Bud drafted Vince just to shove it down Houston's throat.. Fish has got to adjust his offense for Vince to be successful. HE IS NOT A POCKET PASSER. I really wish Vince well but he does play for the Teetons so it does not bother me he is struggling. Any time Bud has to take it in the Gut it makes me Happy. On a different note I think he will get it together and will be a threat to teams for a long time. He is a stand up athlete and one I would rather have on my team than not. Good luck to you Teetons and I am sorry yall got stuck with Bud.

Bulluck53
11-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Agreed, it's just as dumb as saying he won the games against JAX, ATL, OAK, CAR, etc.

I agree with that as well

adam
11-21-2007, 09:44 AM

Yet, he still threw more INTs than TDs, come to find out...Imagine that.

Bulluck53
11-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Yet, he still threw more INTs than TDs and come to find out...Imagine that.

Good example right there.

Ole Miss Texan
11-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Interception stats can be misleading. INT's at different points in the game carry a different weight to them. I'll let those that actually watched the game too be the judge of that.

Drew Brees threw more interceptions than touchdowns against us. Stat line can only be taken so far. If anyone watched our game, they would know that while Brees didn't play incredible...more was to blame other saints. The two interceptions? Not his fault...they were deflections of his WR. Just an example.

Brando
11-21-2007, 11:51 AM
All I know is that I am glad the Titans lost.

nuff said.:doot:

Ole Miss Texan
11-21-2007, 11:53 AM
All I know is that I am glad the Titans lost.

nuff said.:doot:

Ain't that the truth. This Cleveland game is going to be one exciting game to watch.

Texan_Bill
11-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Actually no, watch the play again. Had Vince led the receiver any more then he did it would have been intercepted as well. He threw it between three guys, it was a good read but he threw it too late and he shouldn't have hesitated.

No that was not the first touchdown scored by a receiver.

I did watch it again... From the end zone shot, one was trailing the play and the other defender was about a yard and a half behind and to the outside of the receiver... An accurate passer completes that throw. An inaccurate passer (ie VY) completes it to the other team. But lets say it was like you saw it... WTH is he doing, throwing into tight triple coverage?!?!

Further back in the thread, you will see where I admitted he had a pretty good game (for a change).

Last, you're right Bulluck, Vince never loses games, he ONLY 'wins' games. In other words, a loss is never 'his highnesses' fault, when they win its because of 'his highness'.

Bulluck53
11-24-2007, 08:51 PM
I did watch it again... From the end zone shot, one was trailing the play and the other defender was about a yard and a half behind and to the outside of the receiver... An accurate passer completes that throw. An inaccurate passer (ie VY) completes it to the other team. But lets say it was like you saw it... WTH is he doing, throwing into tight triple coverage?!?!

Further back in the thread, you will see where I admitted he had a pretty good game (for a change).

Last, you're right Bulluck, Vince never loses games, he ONLY 'wins' games. In other words, a loss is never 'his highnesses' fault, when they win its because of 'his highness'.

I said he waited too long to throw it. Had he thrown it when he first saw the play then it would have been complete. I never said it was the smart move but had he done what he should have it would have worked out. That point is valid with what you saw as well.... but he shouldn't have thrown the ball, period.

And now you're putting words in my mouth. I agree that Vince loses games, I've never said anything different (in a serious conversation). Fact is all quarterbacks get too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose.

TexansSeminole
11-24-2007, 09:37 PM
I never said it was the smart move but had he done what he should have it would have worked out.

AKA good play call, bad execution.