PDA

View Full Version : 10 random thoughts from Week 11

drewmar74
11-18-2007, 05:49 PM
1. What do Jack Del Rio and Bobby Petrino have in common? Both have made a QB change that involves Gary Coleman, er, I mean Byron Leftwich. Del Rio looks like a genius for replacing Leftwich with Garrard who has been rock solid all season long. Petrino looks like a nimrod for benching Harrington for Leftwich for today's game versus Tampa Bay. Leftwich could have easily been replaced with a steaming pile of dog poo today with little to no decrease in offensive production.

2. How great was it to see Andre Johnson back on the field today? Our backup WR's did a fine job in his absence, but you just can't replace AJ!

3. You really have to feel badly for the Minnesota Vikings. They lose RB Adrian Peterson and then have to bring Chester Taylor off the bench. He trots out there for them and can only muster up 164 yards and 3 TD's. Just awful. Poor, poor Vikings.

4. I've never seen a field goal like the one that Cleveland had at the end of regulation against Baltimore. The ball bounced off the upright, then bounced off of the pole that holds the uprights up, then bounced back into the field of play. I was glad to see that I was not an *****, though, for calling the field goal "good" because it went through the uprights, even if it came back out.

5. I'm not a big Reggie hater and I'm not a huge Mario homer. But it was a little sweet today watching Reggie's production (against our rather porous defense, I might add) come up short. Actually, seeing the Great Dayne outrush Bush was really pretty awesome, I can't lie. The sweetest part of all, though, was watching Mario have a really solid day against the Saints. He got pressure by himself a few times and added another sack.... gotta love it.

6. Wade Philips + hairspray = Jimmy Johnson

7. I had a buddy a long time ago who had an "on again, off again" relationship with this girl who habitually cheated on him. They would get together and things would be great for a while. Then she would cheat on him, break his heart, and they'd break up. He would be devastated. A few weeks later, they'd get back together and then repeat the cycle. Watching the Bears with Rex Grossman reminds me a lot of this.

8. What the heck is wrong with Adam Vinatieri? He misses two chip shots in San Diego that could have won the game and then misses two more today. When your offense is riddled with injuries, you'd like to think that you could count on your kicker (especially one of Vinatieri's pedigree) a little more than that.

9. While I'm not completely off of the Itchy Echemandu bandwagon, I'll be the first to admit that I really didn't mind Dayne staying on the field after Itchy coughed the ball up like he did in the first half. I don't know what's more disturbing: that I've been calling for a guy called Itchy to start at RB or the fact that I was pulling for Kubiak to leave Hunger Pain Dayne in to grind out the clock.

10. There was a thread not too long ago about Kubiak "lacking fire." He seemed to have it back today and I'm glad that I wasn't on the officiating crew during the game. Seems like all of them lost more than a little arse to a really, really visibly pissed-off Kubes. For what its worth, I loved watching it, too.

Maddict5
11-18-2007, 08:04 PM
1- peyton really doesnt play well with the backup wrs... brady, gaffney, caldwell etc (just saying)

2- MJD: what a beast

3- you might want to cover TO, washington

4- *******! thought we'd gained a game on cleveland there... oh well il take an emotional win in OT... ripe for a letdown next week!

5- and the pats move a step closer to world domination thanks to SF

6- ginn was worth the #9 pick.. own up haters

7- ced benson finally had a good game... still lost

8- what the hell pittsburgh.. thought ye were contenders?.. and 7 sacks??

9- i just knew palmer would throw an int on that last drive.. seems like hes done it every week this yr

10- oh yeah well done to mario, schaub, aj and all the texans.. thanks for finally give us an nfl reason to be thankful for this year!

Showtime100
11-18-2007, 08:34 PM
AFC North getting interesting

San Francisco is deliberately trying to piss my wife off.

The refs don't always look in the direction of the only thing that is happening in the entire stadium (Dawson kick).

Way to go Kevin Everett.

GuerillaBlack
11-18-2007, 09:34 PM
4. I've never seen a field goal like the one that Cleveland had at the end of regulation against Baltimore. The ball bounced off the upright, then bounced off of the pole that holds the uprights up, then bounced back into the field of play. I was glad to see that I was not an *****, though, for calling the field goal "good" because it went through the uprights, even if it came back out.

It just happened again in the Buffalo game.

drewmar74
11-18-2007, 09:36 PM
It just happened again in the Buffalo game.

Just saw that. Crazy. Never seen it before then twice in a matter of hours.

Maddict5
11-18-2007, 09:42 PM
that was the camera though really.. not nearly as improbable as the cle game

drewmar74
11-18-2007, 09:44 PM
that was the camera though really.. not nearly as improbable as the cle game

As improbable? No. But I still can't recall any field goals prior to today where the ball hit something past the plane of the uprights and bounced then bounced forward....

Speedy
11-19-2007, 05:07 PM
My 5 random thoughts (when Texans are home I don't get to see much football)

1) Great decision by NBC to bump Seattle-Chicago for Pats-Bills?

2) In our 12 team fantasy draft back in August, with the 9th pick in the 4th round (45th pick overall), I take a chance on Randy Moss. Suck part is, I had 3 chances to get Brady and took Alexander, Lynch and Bulger instead.

3) Great players make a difference for the better. With Andre Johnson on the field, the Texans are 3-0 and avergae 110.3 yards a game RUSHING. Without AJ, the Texans are 2-5 and average 84.8 yards a game on the ground. Not to mention Walter and Daniels being wide open on several occasions while AJ drew double teams.

4) Suck butt players make a difference for the worse.....or better if they don't play. With Dunta gone, Von Hutchins plays CB with Fred Bennett on the other side. No #38. When Hutchins wasn't at CB, DEXTER WYNN was in. No #38. With a guy like #38 not on the filed getting smoked like #38 usually does, the secondary doesn't look half bad.

5) Any given Sunday, Pittsburgh.

Bonus #6) It's a shame some of the grassy knoll diehards, including Mojo 1 - Shotgun 30, scampered off to the concrete because of a little rain. You don't see Packer fans running from the snow.

HoustonFrog
11-19-2007, 05:16 PM
1- peyton really doesnt play well with the backup wrs... brady, gaffney, caldwell etc (just saying)

2- MJD: what a beast

3- you might want to cover TO, washington

4- *******! thought we'd gained a game on cleveland there... oh well il take an emotional win in OT... ripe for a letdown next week!

5- and the pats move a step closer to world domination thanks to SF

6- ginn was worth the #9 pick.. own up haters

7- ced benson finally had a good game... still lost

8- what the hell pittsburgh.. thought ye were contenders?.. and 7 sacks??

9- i just knew palmer would throw an int on that last drive.. seems like hes done it every week this yr

10- oh yeah well done to mario, schaub, aj and all the texans.. thanks for finally give us an nfl reason to be thankful for this year!

One punt return and 4 catches for 52 yards is worth the #9 pick. The guy has been non-existent for them all year. He has 12 total catches in 10 games.

BigBull17
11-19-2007, 11:08 PM
My random thought:

1. The Pats are kinda good. Too bad they lost their first round pick...

2. So, who ordered the gag order on the Texans/Saints game?

3. Indy doesnt look so good minus Harrison. Now someone else knows how we feel for a change.

4. Norv Turner, Worst. Coach. Ever.

5. So much for the Saints and the Rams being the NFC championship game.

6. The Pats are good.

7. Pitt dropped the ball, you cant be elite and lose to the Jets.

8. Clevland will be rough... never thought Id say that...

9. Washington, out of sight, out of mind doesnt work. Ever.

10. The Pats are stupid good. I know their schedule is soft, but when you drop 50 on bad teams, it says something.

Maddict5
11-20-2007, 06:54 AM
One punt return and 4 catches for 52 yards is worth the #9 pick. The guy has been non-existent for them all year. He has 12 total catches in 10 games.

hes had alot of big returns and returns for tds called back

HoustonFrog
11-20-2007, 08:28 AM
hes had alot of big returns and returns for tds called back

Called back or not the guy has been a returner only..with limited success.. and really hasn't made an impact...at least not for a #9 pick.

drewmar74
11-20-2007, 08:32 AM

Hard to argue with that one. It really, really is.

NFLN showed Turner walking up behind LT after the loss at Jax. Turner is steady jawing and doesn't look angry or anything. LT doesn't even turn to look at him until Turner gets right behind his left shoulder pad. Turner is still talking, LT turns, gives Norv the skunk eye, then turns back and walks off with Turner still trying to talk at him.

Now, I may not be one of those trained emotion readers that the TSA uses, but I do know a po'd player when I see one.

LT - yeah, he's pissed.

HOU-TEX
11-20-2007, 09:25 AM
My random thought:

1. The Pats are kinda good. Too bad they lost their first round pick...

2. So, who ordered the gag order on the Texans/Saints game?

3. Indy doesnt look so good minus Harrison. Now someone else knows how we feel for a change.

5. So much for the Saints and the Rams being the NFC championship game.

6. The Pats are good.

7. Pitt dropped the ball, you cant be elite and lose to the Jets.

8. Clevland will be rough... never thought Id say that...

9. Washington, out of sight, out of mind doesnt work. Ever.

10. The Pats are stupid good. I know their schedule is soft, but when you drop 50 on bad teams, it says something.

I can agree with these. In addition to dropping 40 & 50 burgers on their opponents, how about their last 9 possessions (with their starters) have ended up with TDs.

For the love of Pete, can anyone stop this team??:pirate:

kastofsna
11-20-2007, 10:58 AM
when you have the discussion of "are they running of the score" every single week and it's an NFL team, it doesn't matter who they're playing.