PDA

View Full Version : Phil Dawson's bizarre field goal try

Wolf
11-18-2007, 04:32 PM
wow never saw that before

Phil kicked a 51 yards, hits the left upright and bounces off of that toward the middle of the field goal. it hits the back post that supports the goals and bounces back into the field of play

not sure how they are going to rule it, they are looking at it

cbs is talking about it right now

Khari
11-18-2007, 04:35 PM
it's good........weirdest field goal ever

Wolf
11-18-2007, 04:35 PM
zebras got it right, field goal is good

Khari
11-18-2007, 04:50 PM
browns win.......lol

TexansSeminole
11-18-2007, 04:51 PM
This Browns team finds a way to win every week it seems like.

Wolf
11-18-2007, 04:58 PM

and Cleveland is probably kicking themselves for trading for Quinn and giving up the 1st round pick next year.

Brandon420tx
11-18-2007, 05:04 PM
and Cleveland is probably kicking themselves for trading for Quinn and giving up the 1st round pick next year.

Meh not really, that 1st rounder becomes less valuable the more games you win.

brakos82
11-18-2007, 05:09 PM
I think if the ball crosses past the uprights inside the target, it's a FG. So yes, FG is good.

kastofsna
11-18-2007, 05:29 PM
everyone in the sports bar i attended suddenly became Browns fans during the replays of that field goal.

TexansSeminole
11-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Meh not really, that 1st rounder becomes less valuable the more games you win.

1st rounders are still very valuable, especially if you gave it up to grab a player that you haven't even played, and has contributed 0 to the winning team thus far.

Brandon420tx
11-18-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that the Browns are extremely happy right now to not be involved in a QB controversy, even if Anderson goes down, they still have a guy they believe in.

Hardcore Texan
11-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Crazy field goal, but no doubt it counts, it's like breaking the plane and then bouncing back......good for the Browns.

And I think we can beat them, it will be a shootout next week.

Showtime100
11-18-2007, 05:56 PM
A little stirring going on in Cleveland. If Pittsburgh loses like they are at the moment the Browns are only a game back.

Since it was Phil Dawson that kicked it there will be a parade in downtown Austin tomorrow where they will announce all games on KEYE not involving Tennessee will be Cleveland. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/tease.gif

Wolf
11-18-2007, 08:11 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80449991

here you go

jaybird
11-18-2007, 10:20 PM

cleveland has had some very close games... but they've also found ways to lose... Blocked FG against Oakland and losing a 17 pt lead and missing a late FG against Pitt have hurt them... could easily be 8-2

jaybird
11-18-2007, 10:24 PM

Are you kidding me?? I LOVE DA right now but Quinn is the future... DA is still way to inconsistent and makes really dumb plays at times... Edwards and Winslow have really bailed him out this year. I can see the Browns trading DA either at the end of this year or perhaps letting Quinn sit for one more year.

Quinn and the Browns are very happy with having Quinn in Cleveland

Next week should be a great game! Especially if you like offense. The Browns defense is very suspect especially now that Eric Wright is potentially out. And the Texans secondary could get torched. It'll be interesting to see how Mario Williams and the Texans DL is able (if they're able) to get pressure on DA with the revamped OL that Cleveland has.

Brandon420tx
11-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Are you kidding me?? I LOVE DA right now but Quinn is the future... DA is still way to inconsistent and makes really dumb plays at times... Edwards and Winslow have really bailed him out this year. I can see the Browns trading DA either at the end of this year or perhaps letting Quinn sit for one more year.
Quinn and the Browns are very happy with having Quinn in Cleveland

Next week should be a great game! Especially if you like offense. The Browns defense is very suspect especially now that Eric Wright is potentially out. And the Texans secondary could get torched. It'll be interesting to see how Mario Williams and the Texans DL is able (if they're able) to get pressure on DA with the revamped OL that Cleveland has.

I agree with this, they can probably get a golden 1st round pick for him right now. Hopefully next week we deplete his value a little :fans:

jaybird
11-18-2007, 10:49 PM
I agree with this, they can probably get a golden 1st round pick for him right now. Hopefully next week we deplete his value a little :fans:

we'll see... only chance Texans have is if they can get pressure on him... if he has all day to throw he will pick Houston apart....

but like I said... it should be a good game because neither offense is very good.

Plus special teams could be huge. With both Cribbs for Cleveland and Jones for Houston we could see one or two kicks returned for a TD