PDA

View Full Version : Gratz Guys from a Saints lurker

RazorOye
11-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Hey everyone - well, I said I wanted a good injury-free game.

At least it was injury-free :)

The defense looked very strong for you guys when you needed it after a somewhat shaky start. Brees never got into a rhythm to take advantage of some possible secondary exploits - and when he tried to get the ball to receivers, there was always a Texan very close by.

And the front four did a good job of stopping the run and keeping Brees a bit anxious even though the pressure might not show up in sacks or hurries.

Every one of the Texans came to play.

And very few Saints did.

It's been a tough season that's bound to get tougher - but you guys deserve this.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

With Schaub healthy and Johnson back, if the D keeps it up like they did today - things look good for the Texans.

I just wish I could say the same for the Saints.

The short passes to Colston, dumpoffs to Reggie is not a real offense. And a porous secondary is not a real defense. This team has a long way to go before they get back into contention.

And props to Williams - he looked pretty strong today.

Bush continues to frustrate Saints fans.

I'll go back lurking... until the next Saints/Texans matchup :)

Wolf
11-18-2007, 03:24 PM
thanks.

I don't know much about the Saints. Duece was a HUGE loss for your offense and no Joe Horn was big also and i don't know if the team is stressing and that is the reason for the drop balls,off target throws at times..not sure

anyway ..good game and glad for no injuries:)

RazorOye
11-18-2007, 03:29 PM
thanks.

I don't know much about the Saints. Duece was a HUGE loss for your offense and no Joe Horn was big also and i don't know if the team is stressing and that is the reason for the drop balls,off target throws at times..not sure

anyway ..good game and glad for no injuries:)

I love Deuce. I still wear my jersey proudly. And I can only hope that he comes back healthy from his most recent ACL tear. He's a warrior and a huge asset to the team.

Patten has filled in Horn's role decently - but the game plan is too obsessed with Bush.

Many fans are clamoring for Pierre Thomas - and I can't say I blame them.

Reggie will never live up to the hype - but that doesn't mean he can't be productive.

But it does mean that as long as the Saints make him the #1 option, we can only go as far as Reggie can take us - which isn't far.

We miss Deuce terribly - on and off the field.

Horn, less so. But I loved Horn's attitude and flair as well, even though he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way - particularly opponents.

We have players who can play, we just don't give them the ball. It was clear from the jump that Payton set out to give Reggie every opportunity to prove himself in this matchup vs. "the team who passed him up" and it didn't work out.

tulexan
11-18-2007, 03:32 PM
If I were the Saints, I would switch Reggie to receiver. Face it, he is not a good running back. He does have good hands and speed so they might as well put him in a position to succeed.

RazorOye
11-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Face it, he is not a good running back. He does have good hands and speed so they might as well put him in a position to succeed.

preaching to the choir, man.... preaching to the choir

he's had enough opportunities, imo

it's just painful to sit here and have to ask "where do we go from here" when "here" last year was the NFCCG :(

TexSon
11-18-2007, 03:34 PM
If I were the Saints, I would switch Reggie to receiver. Face it, he is not a good running back. He does have good hands and speed so they might as well put him in a position to succeed.

Agreed. At receiver he could be a poor man's Steve Smith... which is not all that bad a weapon to have.

Classy post too, RazorOye.

TheIronDuke
11-18-2007, 03:35 PM
At least y'all got Colston in the 7th round. He's way better than your 1st round pick.

RazorOye
11-18-2007, 03:37 PM
At least y'all got Colston in the 7th round. He's way better than your 1st round pick.

This year and last.

Robert Meachem? Yeah... it's been disappointing.

benefactor
11-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Agreed. At receiver he could be a poor man's Steve Smith... which is not all that bad a weapon to have.

Classy post too, RazorOye.
Even if you stuck him in the slot and ran him on lots of underneath routes that would be a vast improvement from what they are doing now. He would either be matched up with a slower linebacker or if a defensive back were to cover him it would open up the deep passing game more.

BSofA04
11-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Razor, thanks for the props. Good luck to your Saints the rest of the season. Hopefully y'all find a way to make Bush realize that running downhill is the only way to rack up stats, not dancing every play.

Also, thank goodness no serious injuries occured today. That's a true sign of fan respect, and believe me....we've seen our fair share of crappy visitors who wish for a season ending injury to Schaub or Johnson (L-O-W class).

Anyways, thanks for stopping bye.

Ricky

BgThang
11-18-2007, 05:58 PM

The defense looked very strong for you guys when you needed it after a somewhat shaky start. Brees never got into a rhythm to take advantage of some possible secondary exploits - and when he tried to get the ball to receivers, there was always a Texan very close by.

And the front four did a good job of stopping the run and keeping Brees a bit anxious even though the pressure might not show up in sacks or hurries.

And very few Saints did.

It's been a tough season that's bound to get tougher - but you guys deserve this.

With Schaub healthy and Johnson back, if the D keeps it up like they did today - things look good for the Texans.

The short passes to Colston, dumpoffs to Reggie is not a real offense. And a porous secondary is not a real defense. This team has a long way to go before they get back into contention.

Thank you for the respectful post, I am a saints fan when I am not a texans fan. I have several friends here in austin that are from Lafayette and are huge saints fans. I was nervous with all the injuries we had going in most in the NFL. It was a good game and I am glad there were no more injuries, except owen daniels with that broken? nose wow!

AnthonyE
11-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks, means a lot coming from a Saints fan.

Htownsportsfan
11-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Everyone here likes to crack on Reggie which is funny since we passed on him and not vice versa, however the guy has talent. Its just not the kind of talent you would expect from a #2 pick at the RB spot but talent none the less. Payton shows typical coaching arrogance trying to run Reggie between the tackles like he needs to prove it was a good pick and he can do it all. Look at the number of plays today where Reggie made players miss, hell on one play he juked 4 Texans! He is not what everyone thought but if used correctly he could be a great weapon.

TheIronDuke
11-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Everyone here likes to crack on Reggie which is funny since we passed on him and not vice versa, however the guy has talent. Its just not the kind of talent you would expect from a #2 pick at the RB spot but talent none the less. Payton shows typical coaching arrogance trying to run Reggie between the tackles like he needs to prove it was a good pick and he can do it all. Look at the number of plays today where Reggie made players miss, hell on one play he juked 4 Texans! He is not what everyone thought but if used correctly he could be a great weapon.

You're right, he'd make a great #3 receiver.

primadox
11-18-2007, 11:01 PM

Saints fan, who first wants to say good win for the Texans today. One game does not define who is better over a career, but Mario outplayed Reggie by far today. I think Htown says it well, and I'll expand on that...I watch the Saints every week, and frankly Payton isn't using him correctly. He's forcing Reggie into situations that don't match his abilities, especially with injuries dinging up the offensive line. Add in a bunch of drops by WR's today, and no RB was set up to succeed. And it doesn't help when your RB can't hold onto the ball....

The Saints offense should have taken more advantage of the Texans secondary today, but drops and turnovers in the red zone killed us. Add in ZERO emotion and it was a boooooring game for me. Good thing the tailgate before and after was great fun...:)

Mario will be an All-Pro someday, I truly believe and hope for that. He's a class act and a talented player. But I feel the same about Reggie. Payton needs to define Reggie's role with the team and get him some blocking, and I think his talent will come through...and he is a special talent. I'm questioning the Saints' offensive schemes this year...no one is being particularly productive week after week, so it's hard to pin it all on Reggie.

Again, congrats on a good win today. Please beat the Bucs next week! :)

powerfuldragon
11-19-2007, 10:18 AM
thanks man, best of luck to y'all for the rest of the season.

austintexanite
11-19-2007, 11:10 AM

And very few Saints did.

Good analysis of yesterdays game. I'm happy OD was not too hurt to continue playing yesterday. I like Colston, give him the ball more, and it sucks that McAllister went out so early in the season...I've liked him since Ole' Miss.

lasgo
11-19-2007, 12:09 PM
here is some more respect coming from a saints fan. I had a great time in your world class staduim. Your fans where great and just enjoy watching the game. The texans have made alot of great draft choices and the saints not so much. but i wish you guys luck the rest of the season

RazorOye
11-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

The loss still stings and a lot of people are questioning Payton's arrogance (or name it something else if you like) when it comes to using Reggie. He didn't shift his playcalling, he didn't adapt, he didn't make adjustments.

But Reggie is getting plenty of heat on the Saints boards, trust me.

I was glad to see Mario perform well -

and I was glad to see no injuries - I knew y'all had a tough season in the IR dept, but no idea it was that bad until they showed the graphic

I will also add this one thing: I talked to some friends of mine who went to the game and they loved it.

Lots of Saints fans there who enjoyed the food and the hospitality and had a good time.

There were some exceptions (one guy next to one of my friends said "I knew those Katrina retards would score that touchdown") - but overall the feedback that I heard from all my friends was that they really, really enjoyed themselves in the parking lot before the game and in the stands during the game.

Again, best of the luck the rest of the way.

And please humiliate Tampa Bay.

We may not be a great team. But neither are they - and they need a dose of reality.

El Amigo Invisible
11-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the injury free game!

El Amigo Invisible
11-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the injury free game!:texflag:

ActualTexan
11-19-2007, 04:31 PM
But Reggie is getting plenty of heat on the Saints boards, trust me.

I was glad to see Mario perform well -

and I was glad to see no injuries

Class Act. Would ya mind grabbing a mic and a suit and doing that on the air?

Good luck man.