PDA

View Full Version : Ahman Green OUT For Saints Game

dtran04
11-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Texans head coach Gary Kubiak announced today after practice that running back Ahman Green will not be active for Sunday's game against the Saints because of injury.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5307989.html

tulexan
11-16-2007, 01:55 PM
This is why all contracts should be performance based. How many full games has he played in so far this season? 0?

Errant Hothy
11-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Ahman Green may be out for the rest of his career.

We should probably eat his cap hit this offseason, since we'll have the extra cap room. It wouldn't be that bad of a hit would it?

nunusguy
11-16-2007, 01:57 PM
After 2 full weeks off due to the bye-week, he can't play Sunday !
What a waste of cap-money.
Atleast the Texans didn't give anybody a Draft-pick for this guys "services".

Exithios
11-16-2007, 01:59 PM
And there is no doubt that Dayne will start. I just hope that he can come out and have the same success that he had last game. I am just worried that he will not and yet Itchy will be sitting on the sidelines twiddling his thumbs.

My $0.02

gtexan02
11-16-2007, 02:00 PM
What the heck is with this guy? One day he's 100%, the next he's inactive

twelvegage
11-16-2007, 02:01 PM
After 2 full weeks off due to the bye-week, he can't play Sunday !
What a waste of cap-money.
Atleast the Texans didn't give anybody a Draft-pick for this guys "services".

no joke. i say we just cut our losses now, that way he doesn't fool us into thinking he'll be healthy next year by telling us "this is the healthiest i've felt in years" or the same ol' schpeil that injury prone players late in their careers give =/ time to look to the future with the RB situation, I say start Echemandu, it's obvious Dayne's not the answer, so I say we go ahead and see what he can do. That way we know what round we gotta pick a RB. I'd like to think too, that he could gain some confidence playing against the Aint's "run d"

Brando
11-16-2007, 02:02 PM
I hope we see more of Echemandu this Sunday. This is getting very frustrating.

infantrycak
11-16-2007, 02:07 PM
FYI--he received a $5 mil signing bonus ($1.5 mil was paid this year as a roster bonus) so the dead money from cutting him would be $3.75 mil balanced against a base salary next year of $3.8 mil and roster bonuses of $700k so basically the team would save $750k in cap space next year by cutting him.

YellerLotYeller
11-16-2007, 02:10 PM
AHHH MAN....he's hurt again.

TexansSeminole
I understand the frustration, but it's not his fault. I mean what is the guy suppose to do besides try his best to get ready to play. I suppose he could just say he is injured and tell people he is going to be out for X amount of weeks so there is no suprise. It looks to me like he is just fighting each week to play and sometimes he just can't heal enough in between games. Can't really blame him.

TheRealJoker
Cant say im not suprised...

I think we definately pick an OL 1st round (preferably a LT but if an absolute stud at C is there then go for it if he grades out higher) but if we cant get a good YOUNG DURABLE free agent RB like a Michael Turner then i'd like to see us take a RB in the 3rd.

Andrew6
So... does this mean they will finally sign D. Walker from the practice squad?

Errant Hothy
11-16-2007, 02:13 PM
FYI--he received a $5 mil signing bonus ($1.5 mil was paid this year as a roster bonus) so the dead money from cutting him would be $3.75 mil balanced against a base salary next year of $3.8 mil and roster bonuses of $700k so basically the team would save $750k in cap space next year by cutting him.

I say do it then.

I think his only going to get worse, never better. Reminds me of DD/W.

TexansSeminole
11-16-2007, 02:15 PM
I say do it then.

Cut him to save less than $1 million? I don't understand this thinking...look at the depth of our RB position.

Errant Hothy
11-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Cut him to save less than $1 million? I don't understand this thinking...look at the depth of our RB position.

He cannot help the depth at RB if he cannot get on the field.

Texan_Bill
11-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Besides rapping, what is James Allen doing nowadays?!? Heck, other than a couple of DDW's seasons, Allen was productive as anyone else that has started hear and stayed healthy for ALL 16 games!

TexansSeminole
11-16-2007, 02:21 PM
He cannot help the depth at RB if he cannot get on the field.

But if he does he helps significantly. Your talking about next year after some time to rehab. Even if he only played 5 games next year, you don't think that's worth $1 million? What are you going to do with that $1 million? It's not like we don't have money to spend already.

tulexan
11-16-2007, 02:21 PM

So you would rather not cut him, and pay him even though he never plays? I think we should cut him as soon as we can and go hard after Michael Turner

TexansSeminole
11-16-2007, 02:23 PM
So you would rather not cut him, and pay him even though he never plays? I think we should cut him as soon as we can and go hard after Michael Turner

Why wouldn't we be able to go after him without cutting Green? We have plenty of money to give him to come here...I don't understand.

IMO it is this kind of thinking that leaves us with weak positions like our RB situation is now. Why not keep Green and sign someone else...then we can have several running backs, and not just one.

Andrew6
11-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Isn't Ahman just gripping on to a roster spot that could be used for a player that actually plays?

Yankee_In_TX
11-16-2007, 02:25 PM
darn, the Chron beat the "Weekly Cheerleader Wrap Up."

Yankee_In_TX
11-16-2007, 02:27 PM
I say do it then.

That's what I've heard. It's a "you're not injured, but you're going to be playing with a ton of pain every game and practice" type injury. Sigh.

tulexan
11-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Why wouldn't we be able to go after him without cutting Green? We have plenty of money to give him to come here...I don't understand.

Ahman seems like a great guy and I wish it could've worked out, but it is a business and if cutting him means we can save money and a roster spot then I am all for it.

It would be one thing if Ahman started off with a string of solid games and then got hurt a la Andre, but he hasn't even shown us a string of halves before getting hurt. This leads me to believe that nothing is going to change if he is on the team next year.

Errant Hothy
11-16-2007, 02:30 PM

IMO it is this kind of thinking that leaves us with weak positions like our RB situation is now. Why not keep Green and sign someone else...then we can have several running backs, and not just one.

I think most of us are accepting the possibilty that Green will never get better. He didn't suffer a knee injury ala AJ. The situation is starting to become very similar to DD/W's in that even heavy use of knee leads to him not being able to play.

Odds are that with his age, and the fact that surgery is not an option to fix the knee (as noted by the multiple medical people who have looked at his knee and not recomended surgery) I'm sad to say that I think Green's career is over.

TexanSam
11-16-2007, 02:32 PM
What a waste of a signing. All through the offseason we would hear how Ahman Green takes wonderful care of his body, how he hasn't felt this young and refreshed in such a long time, yadda yadda yadda...and now he can't even get healthy enough to play in a game, much less finish one.

drewmar74
11-16-2007, 02:32 PM
I have one thing and one thing only to contribute to this discussion:

START ITCHY!

Let's see what, if anything, he can do against a pretty decent Saints run D.

:monkey:

eriadoc
11-16-2007, 02:33 PM
But if he does he helps significantly. Your talking about next year after some time to rehab. Even if he only played 5 games next year, you don't think that's worth $1 million? What are you going to do with that $1 million? It's not like we don't have money to spend already.

The roster spot is worth more than $1 million. You see how precious those spots become when you have a bunch of guys that are injured, but not on IR. They just take up room. You're basically going to battle with 52 guys instead of 53, and that's if AG is the only injured guy.

Cut Ahman Green.

eriadoc
11-16-2007, 02:35 PM
I think most of us are accepting the possibilty that Green will never get better. He didn't suffer a knee injury ala AJ. The situation is starting to become very similar to DD/W's in that even heavy use of knee leads to him not being able to play.

Odds are that with his age, and the fact that surgery is not an option to fix the knee (as nothed by the multiple medical people who have looked at his knee and not recomended surgery) I'm sad to say that I think Green's career is over.

I believe, based on some comments he made on SR10, that the injury is the same one that DD suffers from - bone on bone in the knee, which is a meniscus issue. I'm no orthopedic, but I believe we have one that posts here.

TexansSeminole
11-16-2007, 02:36 PM
It would be one thing if Ahman started off with a string of solid games and then got hurt a la Andre, but he hasn't even shown us a string of halves before getting hurt. This leads me to believe that nothing is going to change if he is on the team next year.

He had two good games at the beginning of the season. He was averaging over 4.5 yards per carry in those games. I thought that was pretty solid.

TexansSeminole
11-16-2007, 02:37 PM

Odds are that with his age, and the fact that surgery is not an option to fix the knee (as nothed by the multiple medical people who have looked at his knee and not recomended surgery) I'm sad to say that I think Green's career is over.

I hope your wrong, but if your right and he can't ever play again then cutting him for a roster spot is obviously the right thing to do.

eriadoc
11-16-2007, 02:39 PM
He had two good games at the beginning of the season. He was averaging over 4.5 yards per carry in those games. I thought that was pretty solid.

For one half each. Two solid halves hardly equals a string of solid games.

tulexan
11-16-2007, 02:39 PM

I may be wrong, but I don't think he finished either of those games.

Texans_Chick
11-16-2007, 02:55 PM
I may be wrong, but I don't think he finished either of those games.

He hurt his knee in the Kansas City game--he described it as banging his knee. The Texans described it as a knee bone bruise. It's symptoms are described similar to what DD/W had--nothing surgery needed from MRI, but when he exercises on it, it swells up.

The best medical information as I understand it is that medical folks do not know how long bone bruises last and what the best way of treating them are. Activity is not a good thing for them.

Here's an article about knee bone bruises (http://www.iol.ie/~rcsiorth/journal/volume4/issue2/bone.htm).

I am not optimistic about Green ever coming back from this.

drewmar74
11-16-2007, 03:00 PM

I figured this would be the last stop for AG, I just didn't figure on it going down like this....

Andrew6
11-16-2007, 03:06 PM
you know the more I think about it the more I'm not overly disgusted with Ron Dayne. He seems to get better as the season goes on. If you look at last year he wasn't worth a flip during the begining of the year and as time moved on he helped to beat the Colts for the first time. I'd like to see a lil more consistancy but wouldn't mind him starting, but would still like to see echemondu get just as many carrys.

ChrisG
11-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Texans head coach Gary Kubiak announced today after practice that running back Ahman Green will not be active for Sunday's game against the Saints because of injury.

:thud: :thud: big surprise :thud: :thud:

m5kwatts
11-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Ahman Green is soft. The guy has never finished a game but when he does play he's really effective. I think this hurts, we need the elusive running style more than the uphill type like Dayne. Itchy hopefully gets in the game in sooner and more often.

tulexan
11-16-2007, 03:11 PM
I just hope that going into next season, we will no longer have a gigantic question mark over the RB position. I know that was the plan this season, but it clearly didn't work. No relying on a combination of Ron Dayne, Echemandu, and Chris Taylor to carry the load for us. Just get a young stud running back so we can move on for once. Whether it is in the draft or via free agency, I don't care.

jlam
11-16-2007, 03:19 PM
no joke. i say we just cut our losses now, that way he doesn't fool us into thinking he'll be healthy next year by telling us "this is the healthiest i've felt in years" or the same ol' schpeil that injury prone players late in their careers give =/ time to look to the future with the RB situation, I say start Echemandu, it's obvious Dayne's not the answer, so I say we go ahead and see what he can do. That way we know what round we gotta pick a RB. I'd like to think too, that he could gain some confidence playing against the Aint's "run d"

Good luck with that. Despite what most, myself included, thought headed into this season, our run defense has been pretty damn solid (hasn't allowed a 100 yard rusher since week 1 against Addai). It's our pass defense that's been awe-inducingly horrific, especially when it comes to the big play.

A few stats concerning our run defense:

Week 2 vs Tampa: Cadillac Williams - 61 yds
Week 3 vs Tennessee: Lendale White - 50 yds
Week 5 vs Carolina: Deshaun Foster - 59 yds
Week 6 vs Seattle: Shaun Alexander - 35 yds (Weaver (?) - 40 yds)
Week 7 vs Atlanta: Jerious Norwood - 38 yds (Warrick Dunn - 28 yds)
Week 8 vs San Fran: Frank Gore - 41 yds
Week 9 vs Jacksonville: Fred Taylor - 54 yds (M. Jones-Drew - 28 yds)
Week 10 vs St. Louis: Steven Jackson - 76 yds

Who knows what will happen since, God knows, nothing has gone as planned this season, but as of now it's Schaub and Johnson (and Davis) I'm worried about and not Green, Dayne, Ichy or whoever is back there for you guys.

Double Barrel
11-16-2007, 03:23 PM

Which means we'll hear crapola/B.S. from the Texans FO about his rehabbing, and then he'll probably take up a roster spot until he quietly retires in the off-season of 2010. ala Boselli and DD/W.

ArlingtonTexan
11-16-2007, 03:29 PM
This is why all contracts should be performance based. How many full games has he played in so far this season? 0?

FWIW, the NFL is the closest of the major team sports to performanced based pay. In baseball, basketball and hockey, he would see most if not all of that contract he signed.

stevn8r
11-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Just to get the reactions, and topic of off the wall conversation...Pick up Ricky Williams for next year.....That will give the VY fans something else to think about and give keye austin a reason to NOT play Titans games.. Plus when he is not stoned, he is a pretty darned good RB. 30 yrs old though....Thoughts?

Maddict5
11-16-2007, 03:45 PM
im in the michael turner camp myself

Double Barrel
11-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Just to get the reactions, and topic of off the wall conversation...Pick up Ricky Williams for next year.....That will give the VY fans something else to think about and give keye austin a reason to NOT play Titans games.. Plus when he is not stoned, he is a pretty darned good RB. 30 yrs old though....Thoughts?

I like Ricky as a person, but if he's not determined to lay off the weed for his career by now, then I doubt he's all that serious. His return is for money, not love of the game, IMHO.

badboy
11-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Just to get the reactions, and topic of off the wall conversation...Pick up Ricky Williams for next year.....That will give the VY fans something else to think about and give keye austin a reason to NOT play Titans games.. Plus when he is not stoned, he is a pretty darned good RB. 30 yrs old though....Thoughts?I don't think you can pick Williams up. He will not be a FA. You can trade for him, but what? Ricky has 6 games to prove he can run but with his suspension history (4) do you risk it? At least there should be a player available in first round to fill any of our holes with exception of FS (probably). Texans just need to figure which hole to fill. An extra million can be added to a offer to bring in a FA. We should have about $20m, I think Icak estimated for FA. Now we have $21m if we buy out Green plus more importantly we can see if we can find someone to play that spot.

disaacks3
11-16-2007, 04:27 PM
I like Ricky as a person, but if he's not determined to lay off the weed for his career by now, then I doubt he's all that serious. His return is for money, not love of the game, IMHO. I'm still trying to figure out what Ahman plays for. Oops that's right, he rarely plays.:bat:

I'm still calling him "Mr. Glass". :)

False Start
11-16-2007, 04:37 PM

I'm shocked . :yikes: :thumbdown

It looks like the end of the line for Ahman . It just really sucks that he couldn't come to Houston and do this team some good .

Mr. White
11-16-2007, 04:54 PM
"Injury-prone" was the drawback when we signed the guy. Like always, the drawback bit us in the ass. Management should have seen this coming especiallly after Dom Davis got over on 'em last season.

Ricky Williams, while not a model citizen, is a far better RB than we have on the roster right now. No doubt if he did sign with the Texans, a "deep knee bruise" would be sure to follow.

Looks like the word is out among injury-prone RB's that Bob McNair is the guy that'll sign that last contract and set 'em up for retirement.

drewmar74
11-16-2007, 05:10 PM
How about we package all of our draft picks together, give them to Miami, then draft McFadden?

Shortly thereafter, schedule a photo shoot of Kubiak and McFadden with McFadden in a wedding dress.

It's a can't-lose plan!

Lucky
11-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Which means we'll hear crapola/B.S. from the Texans FO about his rehabbing, and then he'll probably take up a roster spot until he quietly retires in the off-season of 2010. ala Boselli and DD/W.
A problem in cutting Green is that he's the only RB currently under contract after this season. Chris Taylor is an exclusive rights free agent. Starting from scratch again and spending big $bucks or a 1st round pick on a RB is tough to ask with all of the holes on this team.

im in the michael turner camp myself
He seems like a heck of a RB. But, there will be competition for his services. The Packers, Bears, Bucs, and Raiders could all make a run at Turner. And while I love Turner's physical style, it's uncertain as to how he would hold up as a 20+ carry a game back. Turner's never carried the ball more than 15 times in a given game. I'm not against Turner as a Texan by any means. Just don't know how realistic it is that he becomes one.

TexansSeminole
11-16-2007, 06:26 PM
He seems like a heck of a RB. But, there will be competition for his services. The Packers, Bears, Bucs, and Raiders could all make a run at Turner. And while I love Turner's physical style, it's uncertain as to how he would hold up as a 20+ carry a game back. Turner's never carried the ball more than 15 times in a given game. I'm not against Turner as a Texan by any means. Just don't know how realistic it is that he becomes one.

Yea, I think he could helps us alot, but i may not be realistic. Kubiak doesn't seem to overload one back so I wouldn't expect backs to be getting more than 25 carries per game consistantly.

Texans_Chick
11-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Good luck with that. Despite what most, myself included, thought headed into this season, our run defense has been pretty damn solid (hasn't allowed a 100 yard rusher since week 1 against Addai). It's our pass defense that's been awe-inducingly horrific, especially when it comes to the big play.

A few stats concerning our run defense:

Week 2 vs Tampa: Cadillac Williams - 61 yds
Week 3 vs Tennessee: Lendale White - 50 yds
Week 5 vs Carolina: Deshaun Foster - 59 yds
Week 6 vs Seattle: Shaun Alexander - 35 yds (Weaver (?) - 40 yds)
Week 7 vs Atlanta: Jerious Norwood - 38 yds (Warrick Dunn - 28 yds)
Week 8 vs San Fran: Frank Gore - 41 yds
Week 9 vs Jacksonville: Fred Taylor - 54 yds (M. Jones-Drew - 28 yds)
Week 10 vs St. Louis: Steven Jackson - 76 yds

Who knows what will happen since, God knows, nothing has gone as planned this season, but as of now it's Schaub and Johnson (and Davis) I'm worried about and not Green, Dayne, Ichy or whoever is back there for you guys.

Some people believe that the strength of the Saint run defense is that their pass defense is so bad that they are infrequently tested on the run.

I haven't watched them enough to decide that for myself.

Specnatz
11-16-2007, 06:51 PM
A problem in cutting Green is that he's the only RB currently under contract after this season. Chris Taylor is an exclusive rights free agent. Starting from scratch again and spending big $bucks or a 1st round pick on a RB is tough to ask with all of the holes on this team.

Depending on how the season goes at this point I would not put Packers and Raiders on the list of possible suiters because GB seems to have found an answer in Grant and the Raiders have quite a few running backs including Michael bush who is out for the season which they knew when they drafted him out of Louisville. Plus they have Rhodes and Lamont Jordan.

I would however add the Jets, Detroit (injuries), Denver (Depending on Henry and how well Selvin Young does), and Arizona.

Yankee_In_TX
11-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Is it less painful coming from Lindsay?

(click on weekly wrap up)

http://www.houstontexans.com/index2.html

adam
11-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Imagine my surprise. :sarcasm:

I just hope that we let Joe carry the load for this one. We need to know what he can do, because we may have the solution to our running game woes on our roster already.

tulexan
11-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Is it less painful coming from Lindsay?

(click on weekly wrap up)

http://www.houstontexans.com/index2.html

No, it's not

Maddict5
11-16-2007, 08:19 PM

first of all i dont think there will be loads of interest- even those teams you mentioned have commitments to high draft picks and the pack have found a good one in ryan grant imo... but even still we have the cap to make as good an offer as anyone and there are so few good FA's like him (young, good and healthy) that i think he's an important key to the '08 off-season i see what you're saying about his unproviness but you could say the same about draft prospects like felix jones etc... he doesnt have to be a workhorse anyway- just the lead back

i dont know i might be wrong/unrealistic but i just have a feeling that theres a decent chance hes in a texans uni next yr

tulexan
11-16-2007, 08:26 PM
first of all i dont think there will be loads of interest- even those teams you mentioned have commitments to high draft picks and the pack have found a good one in ryan grant imo... but even still we have the cap to make as good an offer as anyone and there are so few good FA's like him (young, good and healthy) that i think he's an important key to the '08 off-season i see what you're saying about his unproviness but you could say the same about draft prospects like felix jones etc... he doesnt have to be a workhorse anyway- just the lead back

i dont know i might be wrong/unrealistic but i just have a feeling that theres a decent chance hes in a texans uni next yr

Just to be sure, we should hope somehow he first ends up on the Broncos and/or Packers

WaywardTexanFan
11-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Former Denver running back Tatum Bell has been buried in Detroit. He likely will not return as a free agent in the offseason. A potential landing spot for Bell is Houston. ...

Texanmike02
11-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Ahman Green is soft. The guy has never finished a game but when he does play he's really effective. I think this hurts, we need the elusive running style more than the uphill type like Dayne. Itchy hopefully gets in the game in sooner and more often.

problem is... dayne doesn't run up over the hill.. he tries to dig through it..

BigWig
11-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Just play Joe since Ahman wont go!
I would also like to see White at center like we had for awhile in SD.

Texanmike02
11-17-2007, 10:27 AM
The reason you cut Green after the year is simple. If you cut him this offseason, you can forward whatever is left of our cap space this year (last I heard it was between 850k and 1.2 mil) against his bonus next year... so you're really saving ~2 mil next year. Also you will be done with his contract after next year.

Take a step back and analyze the situation. I think we can expect to fill CB2/RB/LT and either an OLB or FS this offseason. We'll prob push for a playoff spot next season.... and the year after should be ready to seriously compete. You will be done with his contract. Hopefully by then we have less than 5 mil in dead money and are putting the finishing pieces on a serious contender in the AFC.

The roster spot can go to a guy you think can help the team next year. You have Dayne, Itchy and that guy eveyone wants to see from the practice squad for the rest of the season. If you absolutely need to you can put a warm body in the mix because I think Aman is done. I said when we signed him that I was luke warm about it and even if he WAS healthy next year are you going to want to pay him all of that money in 09? If he was able to sart say 13 games next year (a longshot I think), do you want him taking up cap space in 09, when I think we should be a serious contender if we manage the team right? I don't. I'd rather take the hit this year and next year and then have the money freed up in 09 to go after him. But that's just me.

Mike

Mike

WaywardTexanFan
11-17-2007, 10:33 AM
I know that this is off topic but what are everyone's thoughts about Sam Baker at LT?

b0ng
11-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I know that this is off topic but what are everyone's thoughts about Sam Baker at LT?

To me, any possible franchise LT in the draft (Clady, Baker, Long) would not piss me off at all. We already know we aren't drafting in the top 5 (Jets, Fins, Bungles, Raiders, Vikes, 9'ers, Rams) are all pretty bad teams, that are probably going to be picking before us. So yeah, if we went LT in the draft, and it was a known name (One of the 3 I named) I would be very pleased.

The one thing this team has been missing for the past 2 seasons is a franchise LT. And yes, I know that Spencer might come back, blah blah, but can you really have too many offensive line powerhouses? I don't think so.

GP
11-17-2007, 09:07 PM

Titans were turned down by S.D. when the Titans offered a first round draft pick for Turner.

That's how smart teams play the game: They just hold onto their good players. We're not getting Turner.

We're not getting a RB in the first round, either. If Kubiak drafted a RB in round 1...Satan would be wearing ice skates.

Sorry, but that's just the truth. Deal with it.

Name more than two "round 1" running backs from this past draft. This league has become a pass-oriented league. Look what happens even when a guy DOES break out (Adrian Peterson)...he gets hurt. These running backs, going against the more physically-freakish defensive players, are getting hurt at mind-boggling rates.

Heck, the same thing is happening to run-oriented QBs...defenses are amazingly big and fast.

We'd do well to just put away this big dream of having a star running back. The league is moving away from it, and moving toward a time-share backfield where the money is not tied up into one big-name running back. Shaun Alexander? Hurt. Larry Johnson? Hurt. That's lots of money tied up into one player.

We should spread the cash and address: Defensive backfield, center, and possibly a couple of o-line positions to move two of our current starters into a position of depth (instead of being starters). And then, draft some no-name running back and hope he turns out.

I just don't think there's a prayer of us finding a quality RB in both the draft, nor in free agency (that'll be worth the price tage).

We still owe a 2nd rounder for Matt Schaub, remember.

tulexan
11-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Titans were turned down by S.D. when the Titans offered a first round draft pick for Turner.

That's how smart teams play the game: They just hold onto their good players. We're not getting Turner.

Turner is a free agent and San Diego isn't going to pay him starter money to play behind Tomlinson. I think we have a very good chance of signing him if we want him.

Maddict5
11-18-2007, 06:48 AM
Turner is a free agent and San Diego isn't going to pay him starter money to play behind Tomlinson. I think we have a very good chance of signing him if we want him.

agreed theres guys in contract yrs like fat albert who dont have a chance of seeing Free Agency but im pretty confident turner will be there.. he'll want decent money and a starters job- he wont get that in SD

Hervoyel
11-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Ahman Green needs to just get his butt and his gimpy knee on IR so we can quit talking about him in press conferences and listening to Gary talk about how he had a good week in practice (the day before he announces that he won't be suiting up for the game because he's got swelling).

I'm not hating on Green. It's not his fault but it is our problem. Tell him to sit down and get out of the way.