PDA

View Full Version : signed CB Derrick Roberson

beerlover
11-15-2007, 02:42 PM
11/14 Signed cornerback Derrick Roberson to the practice squad. Released wide receiver Devin Aromashodu.

not huge news but news nevertheless :)

Errant Hothy
11-15-2007, 02:47 PM
He's back, which is cool to me as I was pulling for me during OTAs and camp. No real reason exept that I always pick on of the UDFAs to pull for.

From the draft re-cap thread that I wrote back in the spring:

Derrick Roberson, CB, Rutgers
5’ 9” 182 lbs. 4.41
Roberson’s biggest wart (and all UDFA have warts) is his lack of height. The rest of his Pro Day numbers: 42 1/2” vertical, a 10’ 11” broad jump (the numbers show good explosiveness), 4.14 short shuttle, 6.87 three-cone, and 18 reps at 225. Returned 3 kicks for Tds.

Going off of his Pro Day numbers I really thought that he might have a shot at making the Practice Squad coming out of camp; but his is probably a depth/insurance move more then anything.

badboy
11-15-2007, 04:48 PM
He's back, which is cool to me as I was pulling for me during OTAs and camp. No real reason exept that I always pick on of the UDFAs to pull for.

From the draft re-cap thread that I wrote back in the spring:

Going off of his Pro Day numbers I really thought that he might have a shot at making the Practice Squad coming out of camp; but his is probably a depth/insurance move more then anything.Maybe his wart is not only his size? On a funnier note, I pull for "me" also during OTA and regular season as I often think I'll stroke or break a foot kicking inanimate objects.

Insideop
11-15-2007, 05:00 PM
11/14 Signed cornerback Derrick Roberson to the practice squad. Released wide receiver Devin Aromashodu.
not huge news but news nevertheless :)

Wasn't Aromashodu picked up by the Colts? I thought I saw that somewhere on these boards.

Errant Hothy
11-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Maybe his wart is not only his size? On a funnier note, I pull for "me" also during OTA and regular season as I often think I'll stroke or break a foot kicking inanimate objects.

I said his size was his "biggest" wart, not his only wart.

Aromashodu was signed after the Colts cut him, I don't think he has been resigned as of yet.

Update: It appeats that Aromashodu is indeed a Colt once again.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=179d9a6c-eb7e-41d1-b7a1-cdd494a7a02d
Also on Wednesday, the Colts re-signed to the active roster cornerback/returner T.J. Rushing, who was released last Friday. They also signed Devin Aromashodu, a wide receiver who spent training camp with the Colts.

Aromashodu was signed off the Houston Texans’ practice squad.

But we now have conflicting reports. The Texans say he was released, while the Colts say they signed him off our PS. If the Colts did sign him off the PS, it means he ahs to go to their active roster; whici according to the Colts website he is not the 6th WR.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=depth

76Texan
11-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Good for "me"!
I like "me" too! :)

badboy
11-16-2007, 10:34 AM
This guy may be short at 5'9" but 4.31? Whooee that should allow him to keep up. Now he has good leaping ability and if any kind of hang time, might make the team.

adam
11-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Sounds like a good prospect. Couldn't be any worse than Faggins, maybe we should give him a shot some time in the near future.