PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Texans last seven games

tedr
11-14-2007, 12:08 PM
-AJ picks up right where he left off. He finishes with 10 TD catches over the last seven games.

-Schaub improves his TD pass production with AJ back and finishes the season with 15 TDs and 11 interceptions.

-Echemandu becomes the starter in the next few weeks and finishes with four 100-yd games.

-Because of better offensive performance, the defense is on the field less and improves it's overall performance.

-Jacoby Jones becomes a dependable #3 receiver and returns two punts for TDs.

-Texans go 5-2 over the last seven games, finishing at 9-7, and barely missing the playoffs.

A lot of homerism here- what do you all think about the last seven games?

Maddict5
11-14-2007, 12:26 PM
-AJ picks up right where he left off. He finishes with 10 TD catches over the last seven games.

-Schaub improves his TD pass production with AJ back and finishes the season with 15 TDs and 11 interceptions.

-Echemandu becomes the starter in the next few weeks and finishes with four 100-yd games.

-Because of better offensive performance, the defense is on the field less and improves it's overall performance.

-Texans go 5-2 over the last seven games, finishing at 9-7, and barely missing the playoffs.

so schaub doesnt throw a single td to anyone apart from aj the last 7 games?? i dont think so

anyway i dont know how we'll do the last 7 weeks (depends on what we see this weekend)... the sad thing is that if we play like we did the first few weeks (unlikely with dunta etc gone), we could realistically go 7-0 the next few weeks because all the teams left are pretty beatable (given that hopefully peyton and co will prob be sitting by week 16)

based on the last few week i see us going 2-5 or 3-4

mattschaub#8
11-14-2007, 12:27 PM
the texans have gone through some hard times with out andra steve mickinney and matt schaub and others like last week when dauta hurt his leg...

well good news texans fans matt schaub and andra johnson is back and hopefully green well play the holl game we have sants comeing here but hear me out they just l ost to the rams and we have andra back and matt schaub to rev up the offence and andra is ready to play i say the games guan be close texans win[/COLOR]

then the browns yes they do look good but yeah a win close game as well come on the browns :p

then the titans i duno about this 1 ill say loss :gun: well maby win maby we will be 10 - 6 duno

then the buccanners we will win no doubt abot it
they well be shocked

then the broncos another win ... lol

colts na lol we lost sadly :gun: our def is hurting with out dunta

jaqs we win close game tho there qb is good and so is the running back could go any way

badboy
11-14-2007, 12:30 PM
AJ takes two weeks to work back into the mix and JJ never regains his confidence. Flannagan has season ending injury and White discovers he is not the guy. Bennett suffers a knee injury and DB coach says "I ain't never seen nothing like this". Travis Johnson makes two late hits against NO and is ejected. Schaub suffer another concussion and files to have his name changed to David Carr "at least he did not get a concussion playing for Houston". We finish season 4-12 but get McFadden in draft. In off season, we get report that Charles Spencer has healed and expected to be left tackle starter which is great because we drafted a "get to the QB defensive end" in 3rd round and a offensive guard in 4th as "you can't have enough guards who can also play tackle, yet never do."

Gary Kubiac again says he is satisfied with the safety situation and expects Ahman Green, Taylor Dayne (go with me on this) and the E-train 2 to be supported with the 5'8" 155lb RB we got in the 7th round. The kid also can do returns. He also says 2009 will be a good year to pick up depth and that is why we traded the 5th & 6th round picks to New England for their 2009 4th round. With two 4th round picks we will shop for another 1,000 yard back.

Rick Smith announces that Richard Smith and Mike SHerman have agreed to return for another year. Smith #1 also announces he will be interviewing street free agents at the Seabrook Hooter's and will be going through local supermarkets looking for the next Chester Pitts. I plan on hanging out at these locations. I am 5' 10' and weigh 165. Never played anything but back yard football, but who knows? I know how to carry a clip board and stay in the back ground. That should be worth something. GO TEXANS!

mattschaub#8
11-14-2007, 12:33 PM
wht do yall think:texflag:

tedr
11-14-2007, 12:33 PM
so schaub doesnt throw a single td to anyone apart from aj the last 7 games?? i dont think so

anyway i dont know how we'll do the last 7 weeks (depends on what we see this weekend)... the sad thing is that if we play like we did the first few weeks (unlikely with dunta etc gone), we could realistically go 7-0 the next few weeks because all the teams left are pretty beatable (given that hopefully peyton and co will prob be sitting by week 16)

based on the last few week i see us going 2-5 or 3-4

Who says all AJ's TD receptions are from Schaub? He might miss another game or two later on.

BSofA04
11-14-2007, 12:53 PM

Sounds pretty good to me. This city would go nuts if the Texans finished with a winning record.
:texflag:

Hervoyel
11-14-2007, 01:19 PM
One game at a time. New Orleans is next. If we can win that and pull to .500 I'll think about the next one.

badboy
11-14-2007, 01:22 PM
One game at a time. New Orleans is next. If we can win that and pull to .500 I'll think about the next one.I think our offense will match up but worried our defense will crater.

Silver Oak
11-14-2007, 02:01 PM
I think a week off for rest will do wonders this week. Offense should score on the 'aints, and the defense will do just enough to help pull out a win.

Oh yeah...Mario sacks Brees twice, and Amobi recovers a fumble. You heard it here first!

:fans:

Nawzer
11-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Texans win the Super Bowl.

Double Barrel
11-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Texans win the Super Bowl.

Now that is a prediction.

I'll go on record saying that the Texans will play the last seven games. :cowboy1:

hollywood_texan
11-14-2007, 02:12 PM
AJ takes two weeks to work back into the mix and JJ never regains his confidence. Flannagan has season ending injury and White discovers he is not the guy. Bennett suffers a knee injury and DB coach says "I ain't never seen nothing like this". Travis Johnson makes two late hits against NO and is ejected. Schaub suffer another concussion and files to have his name changed to David Carr "at least he did not get a concussion playing for Houston". We finish season 4-12 but get McFadden in draft. In off season, we get report that Charles Spencer has healed and expected to be left tackle starter which is great because we drafted a "get to the QB defensive end" in 3rd round and a offensive guard in 4th as "you can't have enough guards who can also play tackle, yet never do."

Gary Kubiac again says he is satisfied with the safety situation and expects Ahman Green, Taylor Dayne (go with me on this) and the E-train 2 to be supported with the 5'8" 155lb RB we got in the 7th round. The kid also can do returns. He also says 2009 will be a good year to pick up depth and that is why we traded the 5th & 6th round picks to New England for their 2009 4th round. With two 4th round picks we will shop for another 1,000 yard back.

Rick Smith announces that Richard Smith and Mike SHerman have agreed to return for another year. Smith #1 also announces he will be interviewing street free agents at the Seabrook Hooter's and will be going through local supermarkets looking for the next Chester Pitts. I plan on hanging out at these locations. I am 5' 10' and weigh 165. Never played anything but back yard football, but who knows? I know how to carry a clip board and stay in the back ground. That should be worth something. GO TEXANS!

You get high marks for creativity, but something tells me your prognostication powers suck.

Nevertheless, very nice post!

Ole Miss Texan
11-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Who says all AJ's TD receptions are from Schaub? He might miss another game or two later on.

You said AJ has 10 TD catches over the last 7 games. Schaub currently has 5 Td's and 7 INT's...To get schaub to 15 TD's he would need to make 10 TD's passes.

Tis possible Schaub throws a TD to say Kevin Walter but then that would mean Sage would have to throw a TD to AJ.

I just hope we don't sustain any more serious injuries.

tulexan
11-14-2007, 02:21 PM

Continuity problems

infantrycak
11-14-2007, 02:24 PM
You said AJ has 10 TD catches over the last 7 games. Schaub currently has 5 Td's and 7 INT's...To get schaub to 15 TD's he would need to make 10 TD's passes.

Tis possible Schaub throws a TD to say Kevin Walter but then that would mean Sage would have to throw a TD to AJ.

What the heck is all that supposed to mean?--that Schaub doesn't throw to AJ or TD's to AJ?

You do realize AJ had 3 TD receptions FROM SCHAUB in the 1st two games, right?--and 262 yds?

tedr
11-14-2007, 02:51 PM

I just hope we don't sustain any more serious injuries.

Not that it matters all that much, but my point was to say I expect AJ to have a total of 10 TD catches over the last seven games. If nobody but Schaub quarterbacks, then, yes, you are right, he'd have to throw all of his TDs to Johnson. However, I'm not assuming that he'll be in there all the time. There is the possibility that Sage might have to replace Schaub due to injury, and might connect with AJ some, and that someone besides AJ will catch one from Schaub. I do think that Schaub and Johnson work very well together, as evidenced by the first two games, and there's no doubt AJ will be Schaub's primary target.

I agree with you though- I hope all the serious injuries are overwith.

Texans Horror
11-14-2007, 02:59 PM
It all depends on if they can get the steam rolling. If they can beat NO, then another, then another, they will have a much better shot at the play-offs. I think the reality is, though, that they're pass defense is going to get killed. 1-6 or 0-7.

badboy
11-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Does everyone pretty much agree that the running game is not where our hopes lay? I think we should go beserk throwing to TEs and WRs with 3 or 4 end arounds by JJ and Davis. This would also increase effectiveness of draw play but also increase chances of losing all our QBs.

Nawzer
11-14-2007, 03:20 PM

I'll go on record saying that the Texans will play the last seven games. :cowboy1:

I'm tired of all predictions that either predict us playing average football to slightly above average football. It's like we're afraid of success. I want to see the Texans win the Super Bowl. Is it realistic for this year? No. But that's what the aim should be every year otherwise it's not worth it. :fans:

Double Barrel
11-14-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm tired of all predictions that either predict us playing average football to slightly average football. It's like we're afraid of success. I want to see the Texans win the Super Bowl. Is it realistic for this year? No. But that's what the aim should be every year otherwise it's not worth it. :fans:

yep, you've got the attitude of one of my good friends. He goes into every game expecting a win. Otherwise, as he says, what's the point?

DeMeco Ryans said 7-0 for the rest of the season last night, too. But what else could he say? And I have no doubt that he believes it is possible.

ActualTexan
11-14-2007, 04:34 PM
There was a lot of champagne in the huddle after the first two games. Thats all gone - and rightly so. I say 5-2 for the end of the season. Thats more like a bourbon prediction.

Texan_Bill
11-14-2007, 04:41 PM
If 7-0 is champagne and 5-2 is Bourbon, I'm going with the Scotch pick 6-1

Insideop
11-14-2007, 04:58 PM

LOL! That's a pretty funny scenario BB, and I hope it's waaaaaay off!

Me, I think we can go anywhere between 6-1 and 2-5, depending on the "ole injury bug" again and how some of the returning players come back from their injuries. Also, the running game (if we find one) and how the new defensive backfield will play come into question. I know there's alot of "ifs" to this equation, but there's alot of "ifs" in life. We just have to deal with it. JMHO!

houstonhurricane
11-14-2007, 08:53 PM
I am going to say we go 4 - 3 over the last seven games and end up at 8 - 8.

brakos82
11-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Nov. 18New Orleans-?
Nov. 25Cleveland-W
Dec. 02Tennessee-W
Dec. 09Tampa Bay-?
Dec. 13Denver-W
Dec. 23Indianapolis-?
Dec. 30Jacksonville-?

At least 3 to go 7-9, then it's up to attitude and injuries. I'd say we end up 9-7 if we beat NO, 8-8 if we don't.

TxDavid
11-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Sweep! We win them all! WooOOooOO HOOOOoooO!

:fans: :fans:

axman40
11-14-2007, 10:15 PM

I will watch 6 of the last 7 games . Damn You Time Warner /NFL Network!
:fans:

Dread-Head
11-14-2007, 10:18 PM
I think they'll take 3 of the remaining 7.

Specnatz
11-14-2007, 10:24 PM
If 7-0 is champagne and 5-2 is Bourbon, I'm going with the Scotch pick 6-1

7 - 0 Congac
6 - 1 BB
5 - 2 Rum and coke
5 - 3 Shiner Bock
4 - 4 Busch Light
3 - 4 Lone Star light
2 - 5 Schaffer
1 - 6 Boone Farm
0 - 7 is maddog 20/20

Cool now we can rate wins by the drink.

BSofA04
11-15-2007, 01:35 AM
7 - 0 Congac
6 - 1 BB
5 - 2 Rum and coke
5 - 3 Shiner Bock
4 - 4 Busch Light
3 - 4 Lone Star light
2 - 5 Schaffer
1 - 6 Boone Farm
0 - 7 is maddog 20/20

Cool now we can rate wins by the drink.

Sweet! Now we're talking!

Andrew6
11-15-2007, 01:49 AM

you had me at Seabrook Hooter's

Htownsportsfan
11-15-2007, 08:29 AM
Nov. 18New Orleans-?
Nov. 25Cleveland-W
Dec. 02Tennessee-W
Dec. 09Tampa Bay-?
Dec. 13Denver-W
Dec. 23Indianapolis-?
Dec. 30Jacksonville-?

At least 3 to go 7-9, then it's up to attitude and injuries. I'd say we end up 9-7 if we beat NO, 8-8 if we don't.

I keep seeing predictions on the board that have us beating Cleveland! Is anyone paying attention to the high powerd offensive football Cleveland is playing these days? They are going to make the playoffs out of the AFC and just put up 30+ points against a good Pittsburg defense. Cleveland is not the same old Dawg it was and we damn sure better pay attention when is comes time or Anderson will burn up our secondary just as bad as Brees, Manning or anyone else can.

dalemurphy
11-15-2007, 10:21 AM
I keep seeing predictions on the board that have us beating Cleveland! Is anyone paying attention to the high powerd offensive football Cleveland is playing these days? They are going to make the playoffs out of the AFC and just put up 30+ points against a good Pittsburg defense. Cleveland is not the same old Dawg it was and we damn sure better pay attention when is comes time or Anderson will burn up our secondary just as bad as Brees, Manning or anyone else can.

The Colts without Freeney are very beatable IMO... He is by far the best defensive player in football. He creates more havoc than anyone since Lawerence Taylor. I think his absence is going to greatly affect Indy's season. Even with their weak schedule, I think they lose at least 3 more games.

Andrew6
11-15-2007, 12:24 PM

I have to agree with you on that. I'd put cleveland as a question mark in my book just seeing how far they've came. I'm not sure they'll be in the wild card hunt this year but they have come a long ways. Just wish our Texans will come a LONG ways.

Hardcore Texan
11-15-2007, 12:24 PM

I agree with this, Cleveland has a very potent offense, it will be very tough win on the ROAD at that. And any divisional opponent is a toss up. So I say:

Nov. 18New Orleans- Win
Nov. 25Cleveland- L
Dec. 02Tennessee- Toss up
Dec. 09Tampa Bay- Win
Dec. 13Denver- Win
Dec. 23Indianapolis- L
Dec. 30Jacksonville- Toss up

I think we finish 7-9, 8-8, slim outside chance at 9-7. And that was my original prediction before the season started. http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=692856&postcount=21

Andrew6
11-15-2007, 12:29 PM
I agree with this, Cleveland has a very potent offense, it will be very tough win on the ROAD at that. And any divisional opponent is a toss up. So I say:

Nov. 18New Orleans- Win
Nov. 25Cleveland- L
Dec. 02Tennessee- Toss up
Dec. 09Tampa Bay- Win
Dec. 13Denver- Win
Dec. 23Indianapolis- L
Dec. 30Jacksonville- Toss up

I think we finish 7-9, 8-8, slim outside chance at 9-7. And that was my original prediction before the season started.

Colts are a divisional opponent aren't they?

Hardcore Texan
11-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Colts are a divisional opponent aren't they?

Yeah, I left them off as a toss up on purpose. I think the other two are much more winnable. I think because of our secondary issues we will have trouble with Manning again. And I think Dungy will not be resting those guys in week 16 either. Now if Bob Sanders can not stay healthy and we maintain some sort of running game so we can control the clock, I will revise it.

Andrew6
11-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Nov. 18New Orleans- Win
Nov. 25Cleveland- toss up
Dec. 02Tennessee- win
Dec. 09Tampa Bay- toss up
Dec. 13Denver- Win
Dec. 23Indianapolis- win
Dec. 30Jacksonville- win

I think there is no reason we shouldn't win the games I have listed as wins. There is almost no reason we should lose the ones I have as toss up's.
Cleveland is a good team but Houston I feel is better right now if they play to their potential. Tampa Bay looks decent I think they if Houston doesn't really kick it up then Tampa bay will have their way with us.

gtexan02
11-15-2007, 01:10 PM
I think we'll finish somewhere between 4-12 and 11-5. Not really sure where though

gtexan02
11-15-2007, 01:11 PM

Define "play"

And at the rate of injuries we've been having, that might not be such a great bet :)

badboy
11-15-2007, 01:21 PM
you had me at Seabrook Hooter's5 minutes from my place. Food isn't very good but they stay packed. I can't imagine why.:shades:

badboy
11-15-2007, 01:23 PM
I keep seeing predictions on the board that have us beating Cleveland! Is anyone paying attention to the high powerd offensive football Cleveland is playing these days? They are going to make the playoffs out of the AFC and just put up 30+ points against a good Pittsburg defense. Cleveland is not the same old Dawg it was and we damn sure better pay attention when is comes time or Anderson will burn up our secondary just as bad as Brees, Manning or anyone else can.SSHH! Whatsa matta wid ya boy? We are Texans fans. Do not slow us down as we run off the cliff with our eyes closed!

badboy
11-15-2007, 01:28 PM

The strange thing about my post is that all of it could happen. Well I may not be worth anything to the Texans but lets ignore that for now.

Maddict5
11-15-2007, 06:35 PM

we're actually like CLE... potent passing game, cant run the ball, defence not so hot, cant get a good pass rush

if we still had dunta id be pretty optimistic about our chances in all the games... but as long as everyone else stays healthy from now on, we should have a decent shot in all the remaining games.. schaub and aj give me hope

Andrew6
11-16-2007, 02:17 AM
5 minutes from my place. Food isn't very good but they stay packed. I can't imagine why.:shades:

yeah I use to live in an apt. right down the road there off Repsdorph but now live in League City so go to the one off of Nasa road and 45. Its pretty decent think its equall to seabrook. I hear the Hooters in Galveston is suppose to be the best.

badboy
11-16-2007, 09:10 AM
yeah I use to live in an apt. right down the road there off Repsdorph but now live in League City so go to the one off of Nasa road and 45. Its pretty decent think its equall to seabrook. I hear the Hooters in Galveston is suppose to be the best.Repsdorph is an incredible road to be very careful on. Ditches like 9 feet deep or something. I've lived at Harbor Pointe for 20 years. Love that lake. Back to Texans.

I think a fumble recovery or a kick/punt return for quick jump start would be helpful for Houston. A quick lead of any type then pour on the points as "you know who" can bring them from behind. We need to get on top and go full bore until final gun. And that concerns me as I do not know if we can put the Saints away.

HOU-TEX
11-16-2007, 09:13 AM
We might win some and we might lose some. :whip:

Until the Texans start showing consistancy week in week out there's no way I could sit here and predict a win against any team in the league.:wild:

badboy
11-16-2007, 09:18 AM
We might win some and we might lose some. :whip:

Until the Texans start showing consistancy week in week out there's no way I could sit here and predict a win against any team in the league.:wild:
What formula did you use to come up with your prediction? Please provide link.

threetoedpete
11-16-2007, 09:27 AM
One game at a time. New Orleans is next. If we can win that and pull to .500 I'll think about the next one.

Agreed. I hope they stay intact the rest of the way out. And I've seen the Oilers go on a twelve game run. But here we are talking about a team who's arguably lost their best defensive player. A team that's executed one decent screen pass in four weeks. A team that has never won three in a row durring the regular season.

I can gulp down some anger durring August over the gung ho guys throwing up 12-4's on the board...but It's November. and the saints are coming to town. It is a winnable game. But befor they get on a five to two run...they gotta win one. This one. Oh that negative rep. That was from me. My first one in over a year. Congatulations.