PDA

View Full Version : Will Schaub Start or Sage?

petedy
11-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Since Schaub has been out with a concussion (a-la David Carr) do you think Sage will get the nod to start or will Matt? There are a lot of dirty defensive ends out there trying to destroy a QB's carreer and I am wondering if Matt will be coming back this game. The defensive end for the Saints purposely twisted and caused a compression fracture to David Carr's back that he is still recovering from today. Your linemen better play better if you don't want ro lose any of your QBs.

Maddict5
11-14-2007, 12:04 PM
schaub

BSofA04
11-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Schaub will start according to John McClain. Apparently he has no lingering effects of his mild concussion. Sage has done very well under center, but this is Matt Schaub's team. If he's ready to go, he'll start.

Hardcore Texan
11-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Since Schaub has been out with a concussion (a-la David Carr) do you think Sage will get the nod to start or will Matt? There are a lot of dirty defensive ends out there trying to destroy a QB's carreer and I am wondering if Matt will be coming back this game. The defensive end for the Saints purposely twisted and caused a compression fracture to David Carr's back that he is still recovering from today. Your linemen better play better if you don't want ro lose any of your QBs.

What does this mean, are you a Saints fan or a Texans fan? Judging by your comment it sounds like you are a Saints fan. So in response I will say your DE better play clean or his ass will be ejected.....there, how's that.

And to answer your orginal question, if Schaub is ready to go, there is NO WAY he sits.

powerfuldragon
11-14-2007, 03:08 PM
schaub
:specnatz:

IlliniJen
11-14-2007, 04:27 PM

++1 to that little dancing man's celebration of The Shaaaab's return.

adam
11-14-2007, 05:20 PM

I'll second that.

brakos82
11-14-2007, 07:13 PM
thirdeded

ChrisG
11-14-2007, 10:11 PM
:specnatz: :specnatz: :specnatz: :specnatz:

:includeme:

Tulip
11-14-2007, 10:24 PM

In response to what happened with Schaub, the NFL has instructed its refs to start ejecting players who make hits similar to the one made on Schaub. I don't really foresee a bunch of DEs trying take that new edict out for spin just to see if the league means business or is blowing smoke. Not for a while anyway.

TxDavid
11-14-2007, 10:37 PM
The roto indicates Schaub as questionable - but that he will play. Also - Andre is listed as Probable.....

:monkey:

SheTexan
11-15-2007, 12:48 AM
The roto indicates Schaub as questionable - but that he will play. Also - Andre is listed as Probable.....

:monkey:

YEA!! I get both my FF guys back this week!!:doot:

awtysst
11-15-2007, 12:59 AM

You and me both!

adam
11-15-2007, 03:21 AM

Amen to that. I used to have Schaub, but seeing as how I have Tom Brady and they had the same buy week, I had to let him go for someone else. I have missed A.J. like hell though. Toss ups between Lavernaeus Coles and various other waiver wire guys just aint the same.

djones90
11-15-2007, 11:13 AM

it doesn't matter who start look at what defensive backs we are playing against. these guys made vy look great at passing and it is simple just thrown at jason david he will play 10 yards deep so i think it will be easy for our receivers to just run around those guys

HOU-TEX
11-15-2007, 03:59 PM
What does this mean, are you a Saints fan or a Texans fan? Judging by your comment it sounds like you are a Saints fan. So in response I will say your DE better play clean or his ass will be ejected.....there, how's that.

And to answer your orginal question, if Schaub is ready to go, there is NO WAY he sits.

petedy is a fan of YKW. always has been. :specnatz:

Hardcore Texan
11-15-2007, 04:26 PM
petedy is a fan of YKW. always has been. :specnatz:

What is YKW mean?

And as long as I am asking questions, what is QFT?

HOU-TEX
11-15-2007, 04:32 PM
What is YKW mean?

And as long as I am asking questions, what is QFT?

You Know Who (former Texans QB)

Quoted For Truth

:cool:

Hardcore Texan
11-15-2007, 05:04 PM

Quoted For Truth

Gotcha, thanks. I thought QFT was quit f'n talking.

jlam
11-15-2007, 05:25 PM

The DE who hit Carr was Will Smith and there was nothing dirty about it. It was awkward, no doubt, your supposition that it was intentional and dirty is unfounded.

jlam
11-15-2007, 05:33 PM
it doesn't matter who start look at what defensive backs we are playing against. these guys made vy look great at passing and it is simple just thrown at jason david he will play 10 yards deep so i think it will be easy for our receivers to just run around those guys

I'd like nothing better than to be able to able to dispute this, but truth be told I've not been shown much over the past nine games that would provide evidence to the contrary. That is, at least as it applies to Jason David. If he keeps worrying more about what is going on in the backfield and with the QB than he is about where his man is going, he'll continue to give up big plays. And you're right about the 10 yard cushion, that was maddening to see against St. Louis though I suspect that was more on the D coordinator than it was the corners' fault.

I'll say this, though. Just because David has been abysmal thus far, don't assume Mike McKenzie is terrible too. He's been nothing but solid all year giving up a minimum of big plays while doing a great job in run support to boot. He's been very underappreciated by most.

Texan_Bill
11-15-2007, 05:39 PM

AKA... HWSRN

HOU-TEX
11-16-2007, 10:16 AM
AKA... HWSRN

AKA....Tha Proctologist. :heart:

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2661818/2/istockphoto_2661818_pulling_on_surgical_glove.jpg

Texan_Bill
11-16-2007, 02:17 PM
AKA....Tha Proctologist. :heart:

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2661818/2/istockphoto_2661818_pulling_on_surgical_glove.jpg

Hilarious!!

"You must spread some reputation...... "