PDA

View Full Version : Freeney could be done for the year

Errant Hothy
11-13-2007, 06:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3108696

The Indianapolis Colts already expect Dwight Freeney not to play for several weeks because of a left foot injury, but now there's reason to believe the Pro Bowl defensive end's season might be over.

Though more tests have to be completed for the team to make a final determination, a source said Tuesday that Freeney might have suffered a Lisfranc injury in Sunday's loss to the San Diego Chargers. If additional tests verify the initial diagnosis of the midfoot injury, the source said Freeney will need season-ending surgery.

Players who have suffered Lisfranc injuries, even those not needing surgical repair, have needed months to rehabilitate.

In the wake of Freeney getting hurt, the Colts didn't take any chances; on Monday, they placed a waiver claim on defensive end Simeon Rice. The 34-year-old Rice was let go by the Broncos on Friday after he requested his release.

I'm sure Salaam would much rather face Rice then Freeney.

Brando
11-13-2007, 06:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3108696

I'm sure Salaam would much rather face Rice then Freeney.

His injury looked pretty bad the other night.

Saying that it would be a big loss for the Colts defense would be an understatement.

Terrible news for Colts fans.....

Double Barrel
11-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Now, now, NO EXCUSES. The Texans never get the benefit of the doubt due to injuries, so why should the defending Super Bowl champions?

kastofsna
11-13-2007, 07:34 PM
because the difference between the injured players on the Colts and the injured players on the Texans is worlds apart.

nero THE zero
11-13-2007, 07:56 PM
because the difference between the injured players on the Colts and the injured players on the Texans is worlds apart.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here but it's pretty tough to get better than Dunta Robinson and Andre Johnson. Schaub and Green aren't scrubs either.

brakos82
11-13-2007, 11:25 PM
I needed a good X-mas present... :doot:

Andrew6
11-14-2007, 12:38 AM
I needed a good X-mas present... :doot:

explain that one? A player getting injured is no time for celebration.

Double Barrel
11-14-2007, 10:05 AM

The Colts didn't look so hot when they lost a bunch of starters, too.

My point is that these are the defending world champions, so they should have player depth that a lowly team like the Texans don't. So no excuses for Indy, IMO.

drewmar74
11-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Some reading material on the Colt's D-line situation...

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071114/SPORTS03/71113077

"Colts DE Simeon Rice insists his shoulder is sound. "It's fantastic, 100 percent," he said. But since the start of 2006, Rice has just two sacks. He was placed on injured reserve after eight games with Tampa Bay in 2006. It was the first serious injury of his career. Rice is eager to show he can fill a tremendous void. "I'm extremely honored and excited they would pick me up," he said. "I need them and they need me. It's a marriage made in heaven. "I've been around the league enough and I've never had a season like this. I'm one of the perennial best. For me to fall off like that, it was inexcusable. It was just crazy." "

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071114/SPORTS03/311140009/1247/SPORTS

"The latest injury might be the most damaging to the Indianapolis Colts, who apparently have lost Dwight Freeney for the rest of the season. The three-time Pro Bowl defensive end probably faces surgery to repair damage to his left foot, according to a source close to Freeney. The Colts have made no announcement on the nature of the injury, which occurred during the fourth quarter of Sunday night's loss at San Diego. ... Freeney's loss is the latest for Indy's defense. Tackle Anthony "Booger'' McFarland tore a patella tendon during training camp while linebacker Rob Morris tore the quadriceps tendon in his left knee Sept. 30 against Denver. Each player is on the season-ending injured reserve list."

jaayteetx
11-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Looks like its official.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7446862
Can't say I'm too sad, nobody felt sorry for us, thats for sure.

drewmar74
11-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Looks like its official.

Tell you what, they've been just about as ate up with injuries as we have.

Brando
11-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Looks like its official.

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Colts star defensive end Dwight Freeney will miss the rest of the season after being place on injured reserve Wednesday with a foot injury.

That is big news for the AFC South.

BSofA04
11-14-2007, 02:00 PM

I think you're way off on this one. As someone noted earlier, losing Roinson and Johnson is just as detrimental as losing Freeney and Harrison. If anything this will be worse for the Texans because we don't have the same, overall talent as the Colts. Robinson's value to the secondary is comparable to Freeney's value on the defensive line. I don't even have to explain the value of Andre Johnson because I know that you're an educated football fan.

BSofA04
11-14-2007, 02:03 PM
That is big news for the AFC South.

Most definately. Kubiak's praise of Freeney's play has been well documented. IIRC, he wanted Mario to mimic Freeney. He might not get 15 sacks a year, but he's disruptive on just about every play. Tough loss for the Colts.

Blazing Arrow
11-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Wow ... the AFC South is looking like it might be up in the air now. With Harrison out and Clark to add on top of that. The Colts have finally felt the injury bug this season.

ATX
11-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Wow ... the AFC South is looking like it might be up in the air now. With Harrison out and Clark to add on top of that. The Colts have finally felt the injury bug this season.

Too bad the Titans have a horrible offense or they might be able to contend.

Blazing Arrow
11-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Too bad the Titans have a horrible offense or they might be able to contend.

I forgot you record ... could you please tell me again?

I was going to go with that or:

I can not hear you from the cellar.

ATX
11-14-2007, 06:09 PM
I forgot you record ... could you please tell me again?

I was going to go with that or:

I can not hear you from the cellar.

Woh.....slow down there buddy, never said anything about the Texans, just stating facts. Titans aren't going to make any real noise until they put together a real offense. Aside from your Oline, the rest of your offense is weak.