PDA

View Full Version : New England at Buffalo

GuerillaBlack
11-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Why the **** is a crappy game like this on SNF? Yeah, New England, but BUFFALO?!? They could at least put the Texans on against the Saints if they were going to get Buffalo vs. New England (NE is at Buffalo). The Texans/Saints game would have more story, because of Bush going to play in the "city that didn't draft him and opposite Mario Williams".

axman40
11-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Yes it appears to be a crap game .This must be the crowning of New England Sunday!"They are who we thought they were!"
:cowboy1:

ChrisG
11-13-2007, 06:46 PM
i thought they would have flexed this game to 4:15 and show a better game at 8:30

*times EST

brakos82
11-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Over/Under: Pats by 30.5

Double Barrel
11-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Well, to be fair, the Bills do have a winning record right now, so I guess mixing in a division game with the Patriots looked to be a good primetime showing when they scheduled the broadcast.

p.s. Flex scheduling doesn't start until week 11.

TexansLucky13
11-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Well, to be fair, the Bills do have a winning record right now, so I guess mixing in a division game with the Patriots looked to be a good primetime showing when they scheduled the broadcast.

Yep. This isn't a gimme either. They have a lot of hard games coming up.

nero THE zero
11-13-2007, 08:05 PM
A lot of people were saying the same thing about the Dallas v Buffalo game and that turned out to be a fantastic game.

GlassHalfFull
11-13-2007, 08:07 PM
A lot of people were saying the same thing about the Dallas v Buffalo game and that turned out to be a fantastic game.

Or at least a crazy game

hollywood_texan
11-13-2007, 08:13 PM

This is the first week of flex scheduling because it is week 11.

Proof, Texans are 4-5 and just had their bye week.

4 wins + 5 losses + 1 bye week = 10 weeks

Next week is Week 11.

kastofsna
11-13-2007, 08:26 PM
the Bills have won 4 in a row.

tulexan
11-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Why the **** is a crappy game like this on SNF? Yeah, New England, but BUFFALO?!? They could at least put the Texans on against the Saints if they were going to get Buffalo vs. New England (NE is at Buffalo). The Texans/Saints game would have more story, because of Bush going to play in the "city that didn't draft him and opposite Mario Williams".

No one outside of Louisiana or Houston would want to watch the Texans v. Saints. Bills have been playing well recently and everyone wants to see if the Patriots can go undefeated.

bah007
11-13-2007, 09:25 PM
No one outside of Louisiana or Houston would want to watch the Texans v. Saints. Bills have been playing well recently and everyone wants to see if the Patriots can go undefeated.

I would be willing to bet that there are some people in Los Angeles who would like to see how Reggie Bush performs in his first game against the Texans.

Speedy
11-13-2007, 09:26 PM

Especially when Philly/New England is tentatively schedule for the Sunday nighter in week 12 AND I personally don't see a game on the schedule that week that I would flex over that one. Washington-Tampa maybe.

Will New England get 2 Sunday nighters in a row?

TexanSam
11-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Buffalo is 5-4 so they have a decent team. They've been on a roll the last 4 weeks. New England will probably roll over them anyway, but at least both teams have winning records. Nobody would care to watch Houston vs New Orleans. I think there are better matchups that NBC could have moved however. Giants vs Lions would be an interesting matchup. So would San Diego vs Jacksonville and maybe even Washington vs Dallas.

kastofsna
11-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Especially when Philly/New England is tentatively schedule for the Sunday nighter in week 12 AND I personally don't see a game on the schedule that week that I would flex over that one. Washington-Tampa maybe.

Will New England get 2 Sunday nighters in a row?
hoping for Washington/Tampa. got 2 tickets to that one.

jgl35
11-14-2007, 07:45 AM
As to the schedule I have, Chicago at Seattle was to be the Sunday night game. Bills/ N.E. a 1:00 start time.
11-25 Philly/N.E.
12-2 Cinc/Pitt
12/9 Indy/Balt
12/16 Wash/ Giants
12/23 Tampa/S.F.
12/30 K.C./Jets

Double Barrel
11-14-2007, 11:07 AM
This is the first week of flex scheduling because it is week 11.

Proof, Texans are 4-5 and just had their bye week.

4 wins + 5 losses + 1 bye week = 10 weeks

Next week is Week 11.

yep, you're right. I was thinking it was week 10 right now.

Maybe the Pats/Bills game is the best one left unprotected? idonno:

kastofsna
11-14-2007, 11:19 AM
that's probably the case DB. FOX may have protected Giants/Lions, or WAS/DAL. but would either of those games draw bigger ratings than a Patriots game?

Double Barrel
11-14-2007, 11:32 AM
that's probably the case DB. FOX may have protected Giants/Lions, or WAS/DAL. but would either of those games draw bigger ratings than a Patriots game?

yeah, you hit the nail on the head. The Pats are just a huge draw right now, especially for the primetime market.

I read an article about flex scheduling recently, and each network (CBS, FOX) can protect five games each, but only one per weekend. And no team can be on primetime more than five times in a season, so that may have prevented Dallas since they've gotten so many MNF games and Thanksgiving, too.

kastofsna
11-14-2007, 11:40 AM
i just hope this means Washington/Tampa Bay is moved to primetime.

Maddict5
11-14-2007, 12:10 PM
i just hope this means Washington/Tampa Bay is moved to primetime.

nope... any changes have to be made at least 12 days before the game (ie yesterday for week 12 games) so its staying the same

kastofsna
11-14-2007, 12:12 PM
never seen the same team get back-to-back Sunday night games, or back-to-back Monday nighters.

Maddict5
11-14-2007, 12:13 PM
no team ever looked as likely to go 16-0 before either though