PDA

View Full Version : Adimchinobi Echemandu status

Texans Pride
11-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Anyone know how is hamstring injury is doing? I'd like to see what this young man can do!

adam
11-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Anyone know how is hamstring injury is doing? I'd like to see what this young man can do!

As far as I know, it's already healed and fine. Didn't he take a carry or two in the Oakland game?

prostock101
11-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Rep for spelling his name correctly.....

Allstar
11-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Rep for knowing how to copy and paste.....

*fixed*

:winky:

Silver Oak
11-13-2007, 05:34 PM
I would like to see them use the rest of the season as a tryout for this guy. Give us a better idea on where we'll be next season.

Green
Taylor
Echemandu
FA/draft selection

brakos82
11-13-2007, 05:36 PM

I thought it was a tongue injury from trying to tell everyone how to say his name. :whip:

Allstar
11-13-2007, 05:41 PM
I would like to see them use the rest of the season as a tryout for this guy. Give us a better idea on where we'll be next season.

Green
Taylor
Echemandu
FA/draft selection

Yes, that would be ideal and the logical way of doing things, but knowing Kubiak, Echemandu could very well rot on the sideline as the Dayne Train continues to fall over as he receives handoffs. I just don't understand why the coaching staff has so much faith in him. Dayne's sudden resurgence (although it's likely just a fluke) in Oakland sure didn't help Echy's situation either.

Texans Pride
11-13-2007, 07:34 PM
*fixed*

:winky:

fixed what? i did spell his name right :)

Brandon420tx
11-13-2007, 07:45 PM
His name isn't very hard to spell, I only had to read it once. (Although at first I thought his name really was Joe Echemandu)

A-dim-chin-no-be. Pretty easy if you look at it like that.

Allstar
11-13-2007, 07:49 PM
fixed what? i did spell his name right :)

Oh I know, I was just jokingly insinuating that you used copy&paste to get his name right. I realize you most likely knew it without looking it up.:shades:

Texans Pride
11-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Oh I know, I was just jokingly insinuating that you used copy&paste to get his name right. I realize you most likely knew it without looking it up.:shades:

lol, your right. . .I did copy and paste, that's to long to type out! How did you know I used copy and paste?

brakos82
11-13-2007, 11:32 PM
lol, your right. . .I did copy and paste, that's to long to type out! How did you know I used copy and paste?
You would have called him Joe.

gg no re
11-13-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm just gonna call him Shinobi

because

Shinobi's baaack.

Ckw
11-14-2007, 02:03 AM
His name isn't very hard to spell, I only had to read it once. (Although at first I thought his name really was Joe Echemandu)

It's funny we're talking about the spelling of it and you put an extra n. It should be chi. :cool:

maddogmrb
11-14-2007, 07:09 AM
In my simplistic mind ... he's just Echodude!:cowboy1:

drewmar74
11-14-2007, 09:30 AM
I am partial to Itchy.

ensign_lee
11-14-2007, 10:20 AM
I am partial to Itchy.

*cue Simpsons music*

"it's the itchy and scratchy SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!"

:user:

However, I'm a little partial to that name as well.

3andOUT
11-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Yes, that would be ideal and the logical way of doing things, but knowing Kubiak, Echemandu could very well rot on the sideline as the Dayne Train continues to fall over as he receives handoffs. I just don't understand why the coaching staff has so much faith in him. Dayne's sudden resurgence (although it's likely just a fluke) in Oakland sure didn't help Echy's situation either.

Yah, I agree. It's aggravating how Kubiak seems so content with a sluggish back with no burst and a 3ypc average. Echemandu probably comes with a lot more risk, but the upside is so much higher.

badboy
11-14-2007, 03:13 PM

Green
Taylor
Echemandu
FA/draft selection

Green can't stay on field
Taylor can't get on field
E looked good for less time than Charles Spencer
FA/draft now this might prove interesting and could allow this list to be completely reversed.

shinerbock_girl
11-14-2007, 05:59 PM

I think i'm partial to just "Joe":confused:

brakos82
11-14-2007, 06:19 PM
I think i'm partial to just "Joe":confused:
I just want to see him do the Eche Shuffle. :whip:

Odd, I was looking for an Ickey Shuffle smilie and found a picture on the Texans home page of players doing the shuffle:
http://www.houstontexans.com/news_images/fitness/ickey_shuffle.jpg

awtysst
11-17-2007, 12:20 PM
With Green out, will Itchy start?

b0ng
11-17-2007, 12:37 PM
With Green out, will Itchy start?

Nope. We're going with big bad Ron Dayne.

Texans Pride
11-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Itchy will back the "Great Dayne" up.

Ron Dayne, who is coming off a 122-yard performance, starts against the Saints. Adinchinobi Echemandu becomes the backup.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2007/11/time_for_texans_to_put_ahman_g.html

adam
11-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Nope. We're going with big bad Ron Dayne.

Ughh. It almost makes me wish that Dayne had had a crappy game against Oakland. When will Kubiak see the light and get over his Denver home-sickness?

Silver Oak
11-17-2007, 02:32 PM
I hope Dayne rushes for 140+ against the Saints to quiet some of this criticism.

Andrew6
11-17-2007, 03:08 PM
any word on if they are going to go ahead and sign walker from the practice squad? Kubiak was saying they were going to make a decision this week about him during his presser.

Andrew6
11-17-2007, 03:09 PM
I hope Dayne rushes for 140+ against the Saints to quiet some of this criticism.

doubtful, saints have a pretty good run defense.

brakos82
11-17-2007, 03:28 PM
doubtful, saints have a pretty good run defense.
I think they'll have to stop Andre and Andre first.

Andrew6
11-17-2007, 03:34 PM
I think they'll have to stop Andre and Andre first.

what about K Dubbaya

brakos82
11-17-2007, 03:50 PM
what about K Dubbaya
Andre and Andre sounds better.

b0ng
11-17-2007, 06:06 PM

Andre squared?

Andrew6
11-17-2007, 10:26 PM

K dub reminds me of the VW commericals

drewmar74
11-17-2007, 10:44 PM

Me, I don't care who rushes for 140+. Just do it. PLEASE!

Just a question here (and one I'm sure we'll find the answer to tomorrow): Is the Taints run D really that good, or are folks leaning towards pass against them because their pass D is so bad causing the stats to look stilted?

I've not watched any of the Taints games this year except for the one against Tennessee and, honestly, I don't remember that much about it.

b0ng
11-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Just a question here (and one I'm sure we'll find the answer to tomorrow): Is the Taints run D really that good, or are folks leaning towards pass against them because their pass D is so bad causing the stats to look stilted?

They are decent at stopping the run, nothing special. Teams are leaning on their passing more when playing against the Saints, because they are pretty terrible at defending the pass.

Kind of like the opposite of us :(

TexanSam
11-17-2007, 11:41 PM
They are decent at stopping the run, nothing special. Teams are leaning on their passing more when playing against the Saints, because they are pretty terrible at defending the pass.

Kind of like the opposite of us :(

I thought we kinda sucked at both...

4Texans
11-18-2007, 06:04 PM
I wish he would have held on to the ball that first run. I told my wife, that we wouldn't see him anymore during the game after the fumble and I don't believe he ever stepped foot on the field. No injuries???? Kubiak will send him back to the PS if he put's the ball on the turf again.

TexansSeminole
11-18-2007, 06:06 PM
I wish he would have held on to the ball that first run. I told my wife, that we wouldn't see him anymore during the game after the fumble and I don't believe he ever stepped foot on the field. No injuries???? Kubiak will send him back to the PS if he put's the ball on the turf again.

As he should. Fumbling keeps alot of talented RBs from every becoming an impact in the NFL.

shinerbock_girl
11-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Give the guy a break...With his speed he's really got potential...But fumbling one time does not mean he's a total bust already, give him a break..Amazing how he was being praised the last game he played soo well, and one fumble now makes him a bust....

4Texans
11-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Give the guy a break...With his speed he's really got potential...But fumbling one time does not mean he's a total bust already, give him a break..Amazing how he was being praised the last game he played soo well, and one fumble now makes him a bust....

Agreed... He's not a bust, but the way Kubiak operates, is if you can't hold on to the ball you'll be riding the bench at the very least. Twice and you end up on the PS......