PDA

View Full Version : The Bye Week Sucks for the Fans

brickman
11-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Forced to watch the "rest of the league" this week. It's just not the same, however the team definitely needs the time off, so we'll just have to be uninterested bystanders this weekend!

TheIronDuke
11-09-2007, 08:08 AM
I hate Texans bye weeks usually. But I am going to Chicago on a business trip leaving Sunday and when the flight was booked I was worried that I'd miss a Texans game for the first time ever. As luck would have it it fell on the bye week. Perfect timing.

Silver Oak
11-09-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm going to enjoy being an "anti-fan" this Sunday.

pulling for the jags over the titans early, then giants over the 'girls later on.

Not nearly as fun as being at Reliant and being a Texan fan, but ya gotta get your kicks somehow!

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 09:10 AM
I am using this Sunday to make it to the Ren Fest.... I haven't been in a couple of years and am looking forward to the beer, food and beer wenches..

Showtime100
11-09-2007, 09:20 AM
I kind of like the stress-free feeling of bye week. Once I come to terms with the fact they're not playing, coupled with the much-needed time off I enjoy it. I love Sunday NFL so I'm there anyway, only this weekend in a much more relaxed mood. I'm even betting I don't here Houston called the Titans this week.

Yankee_In_TX
11-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Are you guys kidding me? Extra time to study and get some crap done around the house, I love it! Only having 1 free day on one weekend the entire fall is stressful!

Yankee_In_TX
11-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Uggh, that reminds me, having my laptop jacks has me behind. I need to prepare about 200 resumes and envelopes, in the hopes that two places will call me back.

Double Barrel
11-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Paintball on Saturday and spend some time with the family on Sunday...maybe go to the beach or take the canoe out somewhere.

The team needed this week in a bad way, and hopefully it re-energizes them and allows many to heal.

awtysst
11-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Are you guys kidding me? Extra time to study and get some crap done around the house, I love it! Only having 1 free day on one weekend the entire fall is stressful!

I know what you mean! I have finals coming up so this bye week is very nice for me.

Beer and Metal
11-09-2007, 10:41 AM
I am using this Sunday to make it to the Ren Fest.... I haven't been in a couple of years and am looking forward to the beer, food and beer wenches..

That's usually what I do on bye week.

Marcus
11-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Hmmm....

There's just something about the words "stress-free" and "bye week" that make you pause and think about what the words "having fun" means.

ActualTexan
11-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Well let's see...we started this season off with WAY too much champagne in the huddle, then we lost a couple games we had the talent to win, then a quick win, and and now a bye week. Thank God.

I'll be busting knuckles under the hood of a vehicle with a errant crankshaft.

Yankee_In_TX
11-09-2007, 10:57 AM

Yeah, we're still trying to find time to go.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Yeah, we're still trying to find time to go.

*Ahem*.... This Sunday??? There's only three weekends left and we have the Saints on the 18th and we're at Cleveland the 25th (last day of the Ren Fest).

You can study tonight and tomorrow.

Yankee_In_TX
11-09-2007, 11:05 AM
*Ahem*.... This Sunday??? There's only three weekends left and we have the Saints on the 18th and we're at Cleveland the 25th (last day of the Ren Fest).

You can study tonight and tomorrow.

Engagement party tonight, OSU game tomorrow followed by a wedding followed by a dual birthday party.

YOU try telling her that it is ok to tell people "sorry, we can't come."

Sounds like the Saturday before Cleveland is it for us, no OSU watch party to run.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Engagement party tonight, OSU game tomorrow followed by a wedding followed by a dual birthday party.

YOU try telling her that it is ok to tell people "sorry, we can't come."

Sounds like the Saturday before Cleveland is it for us, no OSU watch party to run.

There you have it...

I would go tomorrow, but I have a bachelor party tonight and a wedding tomorrow too...

brakos82
11-09-2007, 07:09 PM
I guess I should get everything official squared away on Sunday to head to Seattle on the 20th. :gun:

jaayteetx
11-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Going to Phoenix to watch the Lions/Cards. Buddy of mine is a season ticket holder for the Cards. Strange, I know, huh, Arizona Cardinal fan. They are out there.

ubecool454
11-09-2007, 09:02 PM
This Sunday will feel like all the sundays after the oilers left houston. I'll be a NFL football fan this weekend. I am pulling for any team playing the colts, jags and titans.:fans:

brakos82
11-10-2007, 12:49 AM
This Sunday will feel like all the sundays after the oilers left houston. I'll be a NFL football fan this weekend. I am pulling for any team playing the colts, jags and titans.:fans:
oooh, could be a problem there if memory serves correctly (so probably not :bat: )

JamesC
11-10-2007, 03:24 AM
The bye-week dosent bother me as much as it used to. Its the NFL and I enjoy watching football on sunday period.

Malloy
11-10-2007, 05:06 AM
Help me, I have a game to watch this weekend, and since it wont be the texans, what game should I be watching?

I have the NFL Game Pass, so I can watch whatever game I want, but which one?

Thorn
11-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Are the Saints on local TV this weekend? If they are I might watch a bit of that just to see who we are playing next.

TEXANSTAILGATER
11-10-2007, 12:06 PM
You mean everyone's not going to Hannah Montana?

Losers.....lol

Speedy
11-10-2007, 01:12 PM
The bye week isn't so bad, especially when the team needs it so bad.

And I'd much rather have the bye in the middle of the season instead of week 3 or 4 like we usually do. I mean you're just getting the ball rolling and you already have to take a week off? I like this year's bye position. Good time to take a break for everyone.

m5kwatts
11-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Texans bye weeks = boring ass sundays. Rockets at 5pm against the Bobcats anyone?

gwallaia
11-10-2007, 10:04 PM

We went last week. It was crowded as hell, but still had a good time.

Showtime100
11-11-2007, 12:20 AM
My mom's b-day is tomorrow. I'll fire up the DVD player and we're all going to take her and my dad out to an early dinner. They lost their dog this week due to age and we're going to try to make extra special for them this time around.

Carr Bombed
11-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Kick back and watch a Rockets game, they play today and are very fun to watch.......there problem solved.