PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush's knee is bruised

Texan_Bill
11-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Bush was the most notable player absent from the New Orleans Saints as the running back spent much of practice on a stationary bike with a left knee injury. He made sure to say numerous times that the bruise is nothing serious.

Of course its not serious, but its good for fodder nonetheless.

Link (http://www.sunherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/182869.html)

gg no re
11-08-2007, 05:16 PM
The only bruised knees we should be talking about is the knees that AP wrecks when he runs over people.

Joe Texan
11-08-2007, 06:14 PM
wonder what his docs have to say, Out for 8 weeks

Double Barrel
11-08-2007, 08:03 PM
The only bruised knees we should be talking about is the knees that AP wrecks when he runs over people.

Funny how the media just doesn't get it until after the fact. All we heard about Bush prior to the '06 draft was Jesus in cleats/next Gayle Sayers stuff, which was obviously way off the mark. And all we heard about AP was that he might be a decent RB but will be injury prone. If they had just used the hype a year later and on AP, I'd have some respect for them. Otherwise, they are no wiser than the average fan, and we don't make a living from predicting/hyping this stuff.

bah007
11-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Funny how the media just doesn't get it until after the fact. All we heard about Bush prior to the '06 draft was Jesus in cleats/next Gayle Sayers stuff, which was obviously way off the mark. And all we heard about AP was that he might be a decent RB but will be injury prone. If they had just used the hype a year later and on AP, I'd have some respect for them. Otherwise, they are no wiser than the average fan, and we don't make a living from predicting/hyping this stuff.

What happened to the good old days when the media reported news instead of creating it?

kastofsna
11-08-2007, 08:11 PM
well, if they're reporting it after the fact, then they're doing their job.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I still haven't heard the media come correct by saying....

"this just in... Reggie Bush sucks and Adrian Peterson is a full fledged stud. We (at whatever news outlet) would also like to add that, not only bought did we buy into the hype that is Reggie Bush, we helped create it... We were wrong......"

kastofsna
11-09-2007, 08:58 AM
well, if you talk to any Bush fan, they'll point out that he's on pace for 1500 total yards, and that's apparently not a bust, so i don't see why the media would say he sucks.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 09:20 AM
well, if you talk to any Bush fan, they'll point out that he's on pace for 1500 total yards, and that's apparently not a bust, so i don't see why the media would say he sucks.

WOW, impressive.... :rolleyes:

1500 total yards isn't squat nowadays... Heck, people throw around the fact that a running back reaches a 1,000 yards rushing like its impressive, when in fact its only 62.5 yards per game.

REGGIE was over-rated, over-hyped and is an average back - at best.

kastofsna
11-09-2007, 09:28 AM
i agree, but they'll never say he's a bust if he's getting 1500 total yards.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
i agree, but they'll never say he's a bust if he's getting 1500 total yards.

First, I dont like the term 'bust'.. I think Reggie can be a slightly above average back someday... besides, they'll never say he's a bust, because that will be admitting that 'they' were wrong.

kastofsna
11-09-2007, 09:35 AM
there have been plenty of articles written about how he's a disappointment. but as long as the Saints keep winning and he keeps getting 70+ total yards a game, they won't call him a bust. or even average.

infantrycak
11-09-2007, 10:01 AM

No it isn't a bust, but it isn't very impressive either--Domanick Davis had 1776 combined yards his 2nd year. To be fair--teams didn't have to game plan for DD as they do Bush.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 10:04 AM
there have been plenty of articles written about how he's a disappointment. but as long as the Saints keep winning and he keeps getting 70+ total yards a game, they won't call him a bust. or even average.

But 'Jesus in cleats' should be rushing for 100+ and receiving for 60+ game... 70 total yards is horrible for 'Jesus in cleats'. I haven't read any articles proclaiming dissapointment in Gale Jr. (not saying they don't exist, but..). But then again, it may be hard for me to see those articles when I'm experiencing sensory overload. You know, from watching him in ALL of those commericals..

kastofsna
11-09-2007, 10:20 AM
there were a bunch posted here during the Saints' losing streak. winning cures all, in the end.