PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Dunta done for the season.

Twitch-Houston
11-04-2007, 07:33 PM
:(

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-texans-robinsoninjured&prov=ap&type=lgns

jaayteetx
11-04-2007, 07:36 PM
!@#$%^&*!!!!!! Can we catch a break? this hurts!

GlassHalfFull
11-04-2007, 07:37 PM
his hamstring ripped completely off the bone,
:cry2: :crying:

That sounds really, really bad.

TexanRevolution
11-04-2007, 07:37 PM
his hamstring ripped completely off the bone, and he might have torn at least one knee ligament.

Crap.

Brandon420tx
11-04-2007, 07:38 PM
That seriously sucks, I bet Dunta is pissed, he is a competitor.

I'm going to guess and say it will probably take 2.5 years to completely heal, but we all know he's going to try to come back next year and it will slow down his recovery :shocked

I wish him the best.

TexansSeminole
Horrible news. Hamstring ripped off the bone and maybe tore a knee ligament. That sounds bad. I hope he can rehab and come back.

Farough
I just cried a little.

Htownsportsfan
11-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Its ok we are ssooooooo deep in the secondary anyway.

hobie
11-04-2007, 07:40 PM
****** !! *uck !! Fu*k !!

rollinstone18
11-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Why do the "friendly-fire" injuries end up hurting the worse?

Brandon420tx
11-04-2007, 07:47 PM
****** !! *uck !! Fu*k !!
That about sums it up
Why do the "friendly-fire" injuries end up hurting the worse?
Overzealousness?

Wolf
11-04-2007, 07:49 PM
is this franchise snake bit or what?

TheIronDuke
11-04-2007, 07:51 PM
This sounds potentially career-threatening. I'd be surprised to see Dunta next season in any capacity. :mad:

TexansSeminole
11-04-2007, 07:52 PM
This sounds potentially career-threatening. I'd be surprised to see Dunta next season in any capacity. :mad:

It'd be interesting to know the track record of similiar injuries.

Marcus
11-04-2007, 07:53 PM
What really bites . . is even if he fully recovers . . he's lost a step.

texasguy346
11-04-2007, 07:54 PM
I'd like to hear what CnD has to say about this, but I can't imagine it's an easy injury to rehab from.

Honoring Earl 34
11-04-2007, 07:54 PM

I bet Dunta could be good at FS .

ensign_lee
11-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh F(*#& #&^ *(^(#&^ #(*&^# (*&^#

TexansSeminole
11-04-2007, 07:55 PM

Oh, for sure.

TheIronDuke
11-04-2007, 07:56 PM
It'd be interesting to know the track record of similiar injuries.

I'd be interested to hear about similar injuries as well. But, to me, a torn ACL or PCL or whatever sounds a lot better than hearing a hammy completely torn off the bone. That sounds to me like extensive surgery and a lot of rehab just so he can walk. Charles Spencer's injury is probably less severe and he doesn't even need the explosiveness required like a CB needs. This SUCKS. The Texans are cursed with injuries and this is the icing on the $##$^ cake.

GrandeDavid
11-04-2007, 07:59 PM
That is awful, I feel bad for him. What a bizarre injury...and sounds pretty damn painful!

houstonhurricane
11-04-2007, 07:59 PM
That is absolutely the worst news we could have received. Ripping the muscle from the bone sounds pretty serious, adding a potential ACL tear, could mean a very "challenging" recovery.

I am going to keep Dunta in my prayers and hope we see him back in uniform sooner than later.

TexansSeminole
11-04-2007, 08:03 PM
I know this is kind of soon, but if we can't field Dunta for a couple years our secondary needs to be completely rebuilt.

awtysst
11-04-2007, 08:05 PM
I'd like to hear what CnD has to say about this, but I can't imagine it's an easy injury to rehab from.

Yeah, I would be interested to hear his thoughts as well. I imagine he will get an MRI tomorrow, and likley go into surgery by the end of the week.

I know that Griffey had a similar injury in July '04. He was shut down for the season. In 2005 he started the season in the starting lineup and needed a couple weeks to get back into Jr like form. So, if he was injured in July 04 and returned late April(lets say May) '05, he would have been out for almost 9 full months. If we apply this to Dante, he may be back by late August early Sep '05. That is if he has the same issue as Griff, if he gets the same procedure, and if he is on the same healing time frame.

ObsiWan
11-04-2007, 08:08 PM
well, this definitely changes the off-season personnel strategy doesn't it?
If Smith and Kubiak stay with their "we're not counting on anyone who's injured being able to come back..." then we must draft a shutdown CB early on or make a big play for Samuels.

and at least no one said, "why couldn't it have been....."

Carr Bombed
11-04-2007, 08:15 PM
I think I'm going to throw up.

drewmar74
11-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Day-umn.

At least D-Rob is young. And surgeons are really good these days....

Heck, I tore my left bicep completely off the bone and watched it slide up my arm. 6 months later I was working out again and 9 months later I was pretty well normal again.

Sooooo, I guess where I'm going is if a twenty something non-athlete can destroy his arm and the run of the mill orthapedists can put him back to 100%, then how much better should we expect it to go for Dunta? A world class athlete with world class physicians working on him.

Just keep him in your prayers and also pray for the doctors and everyone associated with his rehab and recovery.

And now the 20 million dollar question.... what corners are out there?

Bulluck53
11-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Hate to see this, he one of the great young corners in this league. Hopefully his recovery doesn't take as long as some think. I hear it looked pretty bad.

Good win today, BTW.

Brando
11-04-2007, 08:22 PM
This happened on a play that didn't even count. That's what makes me more angry.

drewmar74
11-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Hate to see this, he one of the great young corners in this league. Hopefully his recovery doesn't take as long as some think. I hear it looked pretty bad.

Good win today, BTW.

Thanks. It's a little hollow with D-Rob going down, though.

I bet y'all were glad to see Carr again. Only 7 sacks? What was wrong with y'all?

Specnatz
11-04-2007, 08:25 PM
A Samual you just won the Texans lottery please sign here to get your new contract.

:texflag:

Porky
11-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Gawd, this sucks so much it's beyond words. I'm speechless. :gun:

Bulluck53
11-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks. It's a little hollow with D-Rob going down, though.

I bet y'all were glad to see Carr again. Only 7 sacks? What was wrong with y'all?

Haynesworth left the game with a slight hammy in the 4th. He would have added to his 3 had he stayed in. :splits:

GuerillaBlack
11-04-2007, 08:49 PM
This happened on a play that didn't even count. That's what makes me more angry.

And the fact that a fellow teammate did it.

Ryan
11-04-2007, 08:52 PM
i feel so bad right now. He is the best defensive player on our team and one of the toughest SOB's in the game today. Why does it always happen to people like dunta?

YellerLotYeller
11-04-2007, 08:53 PM
And the fact that a fellow teammate did it.
Its hard to blame anyone for gang tackling.....

Prayers go out to DRob and his family.

Ole Miss Texan
11-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Poor D-Rob. This just confirms I'm now 100% on drafting the best man to man shut down cornerback in the draft.

As far as Asanti Samuel goes...(A) he's going to be terribly expensive (B) Do we even know he will fit our defensive scheme? Does he play the way we want him to or is he a really good Zone CB?? and (C) if we MUST get a cb like him is he worth completely changing our secondary scheme??

sakebomb
11-04-2007, 09:24 PM
What a huge loss. The best player in the secondary and the player with the biggest heart. This sucks big time.

beerlover
11-04-2007, 09:30 PM
it looked bad when it happened, just another terrible blow to a franchise reeling from bad luck/breaks :tearup:

disaacks3
11-04-2007, 09:44 PM
:ouch: :yikes: :eek: for Dunta

:crying: for us Fans

TheRealJoker
11-04-2007, 10:04 PM
This is the worst thing that could've happened to the Texans in my opinion. Dunta is my all time favorite Texan and is the heart and soul of our team. He has more heart than anyone in the NFL and is the p4p hardest hitter imo. He is the last guy I would want hurt, this injury is worse than any blowout loss in my eyes even one to the Titans where Vince scores 10 touchdowns :(

YoungTexanFan
11-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Wow. This sucks. I really don't know what to do.

We are in a position to change our scheme completely anyways, because one, Faggins shouldn't be on the roster next year, and two, Hoke shouldn't have a job next year either. However, this puts us in an odd quandry.

Nawzer
11-04-2007, 10:17 PM
This is crushing news for our football team. Pretty much took all the joy out of the victory today. Hopefully one day he'll be able to return but from the looks of it it doesn't sound too good right now. Our weak secondary just got even more weaker. We'll have to endure the likes of DeMarcus Faggins for the remainder rest of the season...Really don't have much else to add other than this being really a bad news for us.

TexanSam
11-04-2007, 10:20 PM
I remember the guys on CBS said that they only showed that one angle from the replay because the other one was too gruesome. I want to see the gruesome angle for some sadistic reason

The1ApplePie
11-04-2007, 10:47 PM
God this blows. There must be a curse or something

BSofA04
11-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Damn, this is terrible news. I hope to see him in pads next year but it's looking like our team is in need of a quality CB come offseason. However, it's hard to be optimistic at this point.

Napa Auto Parts
11-04-2007, 10:56 PM
David Carr must of payed for some voodooo person to put a spell on Dunta.:gun:

ChrisG
11-04-2007, 11:14 PM
i almost passed out when i saw this listed on ESPN. Our secondary was bad enough, now we lost our only good CB / hard hitter :gun: . But i gotta hope he recovers and is healthy again

YellerLotYeller
11-04-2007, 11:15 PM
I remember the guys on CBS said that they only showed that one angle from the replay because the other one was too gruesome. I want to see the gruesome angle for some sadistic reason

They just showed it on Sports Sunday......:hide:

Shaft75
11-04-2007, 11:27 PM
I fought back tears right when I saw the tackle. Man this is extremely fubr'd. Why is this happening? Injuries to our potential probowl players... This is not at all what I expected after the offseason.
Keep this Texan in your prayers fans. What a terrible 07 for this guy. The break in, the heartbreak, and now the leg break(or whatever)...

ObsiWan
11-05-2007, 12:36 AM
This is the worst thing that could've happened to the Texans in my opinion. Dunta is my all time favorite Texan and is the heart and soul of our team. He has more heart than anyone in the NFL and is the p4p hardest hitter imo. He is the last guy I would want hurt, this injury is worse than any blowout loss in my eyes even one to the Titans where Vince scores 10 touchdowns :(

And that is EXACTLY why I believe he'll be back next season
...and better than ever!!

threetoedpete
11-05-2007, 03:02 AM
The diaster is not that he is hurt. Put on Rick Smith's shoes for minute. They need to resign this guy and lock him in. Now he is hurt...bad. So what do you do Mr. Junior GM ? My guess is they were going to offer the second best player on the team a new long term deal with a sweet signing bonus to sooth the pain of loosing after this season.

Now the question becomes how much, How long, or even if , you redo his deal. Lock him up long term ? With the injury ? Brutal I know. But as much as we love the guy, the bottom line is they make a mistake with this, it's another in long list of mistakes they've made over the last six years. And no, I don't know what the answer is. Just saying.

Malloy
11-05-2007, 03:43 AM
One thing I noticed yesterday. As Dunta left the field, his fire seemed to stay on the field. For the rest of the game, the D played with a vengence.

Texans34Life
11-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Wow, we just can't get a damn break in this league! :brickwall: :mad:

I f&*#@g hate the play of Faggins! Who the hell are we going to sign to replace Dunta?!?!

The only positive going into next week is AJ will be back....but our damn f'd up secondary!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Texan_Bill
11-05-2007, 07:36 AM
The only positive going into next week is AJ will be back....

The only postitive going into next week is that its a bye!!!

Hardcore Texan
11-05-2007, 07:47 AM
I was so upset after it happened.....I could not even enjoy the rest of the game, you could tell right away he was done for the year.

Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family, get well soon Dunta.

TEXANS84
11-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Horrible news to hear. The guy wore his heart on his sleve and gave 110% on every play.

He will be missed.

Texan_Bill
11-05-2007, 08:12 AM
When I saw him go down yesterday, I said right there and then that he was done.... Of course no one heard me, because there was some other BS game on...

Yankee_In_TX
11-05-2007, 09:00 AM
I just cried a little.

I just died a little.

Marcus
11-05-2007, 09:22 AM
The diaster is not that he is hurt. Put on Rick Smith's shoes for minute. They need to resign this guy and lock him in. Now he is hurt...bad. So what do you do Mr. Junior GM ? My guess is they were going to offer the second best player on the team a new long term deal with a sweet signing bonus to sooth the pain of loosing after this season.

Now the question becomes how much, How long, or even if , you redo his deal. Lock him up long term ? With the injury ? Brutal I know. But as much as we love the guy, the bottom line is they make a mistake with this, it's another in long list of mistakes they've made over the last six years. And no, I don't know what the answer is. Just saying.

I'm just saying it, too. His injury, and especially, the severity of it, changes EVERYTHING. Not yet knowing the results of the MRI, going on the assumption that his hamstring is torn completely off the bone, along the with an ACL torn, the question for Rick Smith is . .

. . even when, or if, he comes back, will he be the same. How good will a Dunta Robinson that's lost a step be?

TexansSeminole
11-05-2007, 10:26 AM
We should write a thread that will go into the mail and sent to him. I'm sure he needs some encouragement from his fans.

powerfuldragon
11-05-2007, 10:27 AM
:cry2: :crying:

That sounds really, really bad.

it is... you saw his reaction to the injury... as soon as i saw his face, i knew it was bad.

This sounds potentially career-threatening.

that's what i'm scared of too.

all of houston should be praying for Dunta Robinson right now.... to the point that god's inbox is plumb full up.

Malloy
11-05-2007, 10:59 AM
all of houston should be praying for Dunta Robinson right now.... to the point that god's inbox is plumb full up.

Personally I just want the doctors to show up and do their job...

powerfuldragon
11-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Personally I just want the doctors to show up and do their job...
atheist.... get out of here and take your science with you

:)

Malloy
11-05-2007, 11:19 AM
atheist.... get out of here and take your science with you

:)

I will, but can you tell your god to stop messing up my Texans players before I go ? :)

powerfuldragon
11-05-2007, 11:31 AM
I will, but can you tell your god to stop messing up my Texans players before I go ? :)

no, it's all part of his grand scheme. the details of which, you're not privy to.

Double Barrel
11-05-2007, 12:18 PM
I can't say anything that hasn't already been expressed. It is one tough loss to bear. :(

Gather around, Texans fans, and circle the wagons. At the rate that we are losing our quality players, the rest of the season is getting longer and bleaker. But we still have a team and we still have each other. Nobody understands the perils and hearbreak of being a Texans fan than those that share the misery.

Loud, Proud....and bummed out today. :texflag:

Texans_Chick
11-05-2007, 12:22 PM
I can't say anything that hasn't already been expressed. It is one tough loss to bear. :(

Gather around, Texans fans, and circle the wagons. At the rate that we are losing our quality players, the rest of the season is getting longer and bleaker. But we still have a team and we still have each other. Nobody understands the perils and hearbreak of being a Texans fan than those that share the misery.

Loud, Proud....and bummed out today. :texflag:

Hell Yeah!

Hervoyel
11-05-2007, 12:26 PM
One thing I noticed yesterday. As Dunta left the field, his fire seemed to stay on the field. For the rest of the game, the D played with a vengence.

Yes, they played with an undisciplined, chronically stupid vengance and against anybody more talented than Oakland (which is almost everybody aside from Miami) they would have cost us the game. Our defense is pretty dreadful.

OzzO
11-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Maybe the team will "dedicate" the rest of the season to D-Rob and the fans and step it up for the vocal leader.

.... maybe.

We need ya Dunta, get better. Have them rebuild you faster..... stronger...

Dallas_Texan
11-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Maybe the team will "dedicate" the rest of the season to D-Rob and the fans and step it up for the vocal leader.

.... maybe.

We need ya Dunta, get better. Have them rebuild you faster..... stronger...

Haha...Bionic Cornerback.....we could use one of those! :texflag:

gtexan02
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Season ending, multiple seasons, or career? Any word?

False Start
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
I really hope to see Dunta come back strong . That injury sounds really bad though . Maybe the Texans should be looking CB in the 2nd or 3rd round next year . It really sucks to have to say that . :hairpull:

rmartin65
11-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Bad, bad news. Torn right off the bone, ouch. I hope he can recover, even though it probably wont be 100% for a long time, if ever.

WWJD
11-05-2007, 01:14 PM
He said last night that his hamstring was torn away from the bone...I've never heard of that but it sounds very painful.

powerfuldragon
11-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Yes, they played with an undisciplined, chronically stupid vengance and against anybody more talented than Oakland (which is almost everybody aside from Miami) they would have cost us the game. Our defense is pretty dreadful.

naw dude, we made the josh mccown look like a 3rd stringer. didn't you see all those sacks?

Specnatz
11-05-2007, 01:37 PM
naw dude, we made the josh mccown look like a 3rd stringer. didn't you see all those sacks?

McCown is not Carr he does not roll into sacks he rolled away from the pressure everytime there was some.

Lucky
11-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Yes, they played with an undisciplined, chronically stupid vengance...Our defense is pretty dreadful.
Wasn't the criticism the previous weeks that the team was too soft? I think I'll take undisciplined and stupid over soft.

This team can't win...even when they win.

powerfuldragon
11-05-2007, 02:08 PM
..wrong thread.

Malloy
11-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Wasn't the criticism the previous weeks that the team was too soft? I think I'll take undisciplined and stupid over soft.

That was kinda my point. Despite the lack of sacks and whatever (We did get several INTs) I at least (obviously not shared by everyone around here) found it a nice change to see all players fired up.

bad/tough > bad/soft

Hervoyel
11-05-2007, 03:30 PM
I must have been the only person sick with disgust towards the end as the defense again and again kept the Raiders on the field with one penalty after another. Any remotely respectable team would have beaten the Texans yesterday with ease.

Trust me Lucky, you're going to get sick of "undisciplined and stupid" just as fast as you did "soft".

I've seen this act before. I watched Jerry Glanville's stupid Oiler teams play like that and have no interest in going through the same kind of cycle with the Texans.

drewmar74
11-05-2007, 03:34 PM
I must have been the only person sick with disgust towards the end as the defense again and again kept the Raiders on the field with one penalty after another.

Uh, don't feel like you're alone.

12. Wow. Could we have had more fouls on that Raider drive in Q4? I'm sitting on my couch sweating, hoping that the defense could pull their heads out of their rear ends long enough to get a stop and not negate it with a dumb play. As I'm doing this, I'm thinking "Wow, this speaks volumes about how shaky my confidence is in these guys that I can't relax deep in the fourth quarter with a 14 point lead. Against the Raiders."

beerlover
11-05-2007, 03:36 PM

Texans fans are not going to accept any of it, don't expect Kubiak or Bob McNair will either :logo:

Lucky
11-05-2007, 03:37 PM
I must have been the only person sick with disgust towards the end as the defense again and again kept the Raiders on the field with one penalty after another.
That was what, one drive in the game? Granted, the facemask call was legit. But a couple of the personal fouls were borderline. Personally, I'd rather see them hit first and be second guessed than not hit at all.

All things considered, I'm satisfied with the defense's performance in Oakland. The best effort I've seen from them since the Carolina game.

Texans_Chick
11-05-2007, 03:42 PM
That was what, one drive in the game? Granted, the facemask call was legit. But a couple of the personal fouls were borderline. Personally, I'd rather see them hit first and be second guessed than not hit at all.

All things considered, I'm satisfied with the defense's performance in Oakland. The best effort I've seen from them since the Carolina game.

Has the Texans defense under Richard Smith ever looked good against a good offense? Usually they require the offense to shoot itself in the foot.

BTW, here's my write up on Dunta's injury for FanHouse:

Most Depressing Texans Win Ever: Dunta Robinson Out For Season (And Maybe Longer) (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/05/most-depressing-texans-win-ever-dunta-robinson-out-for-season/)

I guess it could have been worse. The Texans could have flubbed the onside kick and then got the loss and Robinson out.

Blah.

drewmar74
11-05-2007, 03:43 PM

Yeah, they were better in some areas. Bennet and Demps were a bright spot for sure. And I am glad that they played with some emotion this game. I just happen to subscribe to the theory that you can play with emotion and fire and not shoot yourself in the foot by being stupid.

Call it "controlled rage," call it whatever. Just get off the field on third down without doing something boneheaded.

nunusguy
11-05-2007, 03:55 PM
I must have been the only person sick with disgust towards the end as the defense again and again kept the Raiders on the field with one penalty after another. Any remotely respectable team would have beaten the Texans yesterday with ease.

In that drive, the call on Amobi was a lot of crap. It was a clean hit.
I dunno for sure, but I think another call in that drive for a personal foul
was also very debateable. On the other hand, the face mask call on Maddox
was clearly a flagrant foul which should have been flagged.
I do know the call in the EZ on Demps was total crap. He did exactly what he was suppose to do - it was a very hard hit, but not at all dirty as Demps
lowered his head to avoid a helmet-to-helmet collision.

Hervoyel
11-05-2007, 04:11 PM

That's just it man, it's all about controlled aggression and maintaining your composure. In every single game they play somebody has a good chance of getting a crap call against them. Somebody is going to be victimized by poor officiating. It literally happens all the time. The officials are going to miss something and throw a flag (or not throw a flag) at the worst possible moment. That's part of the game and how you respond to that is a reflection of how prepared you are to play and how well coached you are.

When the Texans get a lousy call like they did when Demps supposedly hit that guy "helmet to helmet" and the team stiffens up and holds their opponent to a FG like they did in the 3rd quarter that's a good thing. they kept their composure and went back to work. When they keep a drive alive with penalties like they did in the fourth quarter and give Oakland 7 points that's a sign that they still have work to do.

It was their best effort since Carolina but I wasn't satisfied with it. Like I said, any reasonably good team would have beaten us badly yesterday.

Insideop
11-05-2007, 04:32 PM
OK, I've read through all of these posts and there is alot of speculation about what will happen to Dunta, but I would like the real "low down" on how bad the injury is. So please C-N-D, give us the real scoop! The good, the bad, and the ugly! Signed, a depressed but hopefull fan! :gotexans1

Specnatz
11-05-2007, 05:27 PM
In that drive, the call on Amobi was a lot of crap. It was a clean hit.
I dunno for sure, but I think another call in that drive for a personal foul
was also very debateable. On the other hand, the face mask call on Maddox
was clearly a flagrant foul which should have been flagged.
I do know the call in the EZ on Demps was total crap. He did exactly what he was suppose to do - it was a very hard hit, but not at all dirty as Demps
lowered his head to avoid a helmet-to-helmet collision.

I remember that play because Mario was being put in a sleeper hold that every wrestling fan would have been proud of. Of course that was completely missed.

This year has been the worst I have ever seen as far as reafs stinking as much if not more than a movie starring Paris Hilton.