PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of...

GP
11-04-2007, 01:55 PM
...Sage actually QB'ing a great game today? I know that it has seemed, in this same sort of spot for Sage, that he hasn't fared well when he has had to carry the game from start-to-finish.

I don't have the stats/proof, but I think I remember Sage starting for David awhile back. As I look back, I don't think he did all that well. IIRC, Sage is a great pinch hitter but he fails to impress when the game is his from start-to-finish.

If he does well today, I think you stay with the hot hand. I've never been a fan of putting the starter back in when your backup is on a roll. To me, a win is more important than any sort of pride or ego that always enters the equation. We need a spark. We need a change of atmosphere.

This team needs to get that swagger it had the first 2 weeks of this season.2

brakos82
11-04-2007, 01:57 PM
QB Rating is 70. Over/Under?

Tedc
11-04-2007, 01:59 PM
...Sage actually QB'ing a great game today? I know that it has seemed, in this same sort of spot for Sage, that he hasn't fared well when he has had to carry the game from start-to-finish.

I don't have the stats/proof, but I think I remember Sage starting for David awhile back. As I look back, I don't think he did all that well. IIRC, Sage is a great pinch hitter but he fails to impress when the game is his from start-to-finish.

If he does well today, I think you stay with the hot hand. I've never been a fan of putting the starter back in when your backup is on a roll. To me, a win is more important than any sort of pride or ego that always enters the equation. We need a spark. We need a change of atmosphere.

This team needs to get that swagger it had the first 2 weeks of this season.2

I don't remember him ever starting for the Texans. I think he did that with Miami, possibly 3 times, but I am going by memory and not checking. Someone may have those numbers.

Beer and Metal
11-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Raiders can't seem to stop the run, the Texans can't seem to run. I think that forces the Texans to pass.
With that said, the Raiders have a pretty good pass defense.
Sage is outstanding for short durations, but starts making more mistakes the longer he's in. H may very well throw 4 TDs, but it'll likely be balanced with 4 INTs.

Thorn
11-04-2007, 03:04 PM
I still say Sage is one of the best back up QBs in the league. But Schaub is our starter. We need to make sure we keep both on this team.

Go Sage! :woot2:

Twitch-Houston
11-04-2007, 07:00 PM
I'll say this. Sage has been pretty good in a Texans uniform. Be it coming in for Carr or Schaub. Today he's showing he deserves a chance.

GP
11-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Uh oh...

Two more votes come in for Keeping Sage as Starter...

Guys, I mst admit--I've NEVER been a Start Sage guy. You can check my post history, it'll come up clean.

FWIW, this team looks pretty good when our running game is on-track. I don't think it matters much who's QB'ing when our run game is on. Even David Carr beat the Colts, due to the run game.

Carr Bombed
11-04-2007, 07:36 PM
I really hope when Schaub gets back that he plays great and puts all doubts to bed, because there is a old saying........"when you have two QBs, you have no QBs"