PDA

View Full Version : Josh McCown starting for Oakland

TexansSeminole
11-02-2007, 01:26 AM
Didn't see this anywhere. Josh McCown has been named the starter for the Raiders against the Texans. Here is the link (http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_7342202).

McCown's stats for 2007: Played in the first 3 games of the season only.

64.7 Completion %. 494 Yards 4 TDS 5 INTs over 44 completions in 68 attempts. That's 7.3 average yards per completion and according to NFL.com he throws an INT 7.4% (5/68) of the time he throw the ball. He was also sacked 8 times fumbled 7 times.

He starts over Culpepper. Good or bad?

TexansLucky13
11-02-2007, 01:59 AM
There's a reason he has played for three different teams in the past half decade. I suppose the same can be said of Culpepper too, though.

We will see.

Andrew6
11-02-2007, 04:26 AM
There's a reason he has played for three different teams in the past half decade. I suppose the same can be said of Culpepper too, though.

We will see.

Houston has a way of making a bad QB look like probowl material.

HJam72
11-02-2007, 08:40 AM

We've done that with quite a few pitchers over the years, too.

gwallaia
11-02-2007, 08:41 AM
I wonder if JaMarcus Russell will see any playing time this year?

HOU-TEX
11-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Whoever starts will having a career reviving game. If I had the choice I'd rather see Daunte start. McCown can be pretty mobile if needed. :specnatz:

ATXtexanfan
11-02-2007, 05:20 PM
start McCown in your fantasy leagues

4Texans
11-02-2007, 06:19 PM

We will see.

Arizona, Detroit, and Oakland in general should have something to do with his lack of success...... But I'll admit, I've always pulled for the guy since he's out of SHSU.

No matter who starts :fans: .

tulexan
11-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Whoever starts will having a career reviving game.

Why, It's not like he is Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Thorn
11-02-2007, 07:03 PM

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/PhredG/ThreadBomb/Consistancy.jpg

RaiderInNY
11-03-2007, 03:10 PM
I wonder if JaMarcus Russell will see any playing time this year?

Probably, espcially if the team continues to flounder. With no commitment to any of the QBs on the roster, except for JR, Kiffin will play the kid. And, I'm sure A.Davis doesnt want to see empty seats come Dec., at their stadium. So putting in the rook, letting him get some reps and displaying him to the fans will be in the works...
Whoever starts will having a career reviving game. If I had the choice I'd rather see Daunte start. McCown can be pretty mobile if needed. :specnatz:

LOL -- McCown is mobile. And I'm sure you'll see him move around in that pocket. Designed bootlegs, play-action passes, and plays that will keep him away from the Texans' pass rush will be some of the things you'll see.

Vinny
11-03-2007, 03:12 PM
LOL -- McCown is mobile. And I'm sure you'll see him move around in that pocket. Designed bootlegs, play-action passes, and plays that will keep him away from the Texans' pass rush will be some of the things you'll see.

If he wants to avoid the pass rush I suggest he stay in the pocket. The Texans defenders are not good pass rushers but they are all fairly fast and flow well in open space.