PDA

View Full Version : "This is how I do it....."

Imatexanfan
10-31-2007, 11:08 PM
We all like Schaub and everything but when it comes to his health its to the extremes. All I'm saying is Schaub is not the Carr we used to see at all. Also all the ramblin about him not being to par on the money he's being paid is well simply ridiculous.

The guy is worth the money its just the guys thats "trying" to protect him up front is just....well I think being paid off. Yes I said it, I understand Steve getting on IR and all and all these other players getting injured, but whats the deal?! Seriously come on somethings up what do you all think because I'm just stumped its like "wow"....seriously to the wow where whats wrong with the front management too.

We all know we don't need to start there. Too bad...Iamtherefore I'm still stating McNair didn't want to draft VY because he was BLACK, I know Moon and why him drafting Mario hes black but look you gotta think, I'm spilling my guts out here, I'm just plain out sick of the mess, we can easily play with the Pats or even the Colts, but our players, they aren't what they should be. They need to play as a team to begin with and theupper management needs to do their job the right way at whats going on. WE HAVE A LOOONGGG WAY TO GO YET. But go Texans yea.:texflag:

Oh and nevermind my signature, no reason.

IlliniJen
10-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Okay, I'll be the first to ask: what was the bartender pouring this evening?

Imatexanfan
10-31-2007, 11:25 PM
A lil bit of everything... I wish.:splits:

tulexan
10-31-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm a little confused, you are saying that McNair is racist and did not draft Vince because he is black (eventhough we used to have a black back up quarterback and our GM is black), and our OL is being paid off to get our white QB injured. Who is paying our OL off?

drewmar74
10-31-2007, 11:34 PM
:backsout:

Imatexanfan
10-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Yep thats "kinda" what I am saying but not quite.:texflag:

Good one though.

tulexan
10-31-2007, 11:44 PM
It makes no sense

Imatexanfan
10-31-2007, 11:49 PM
Tulane still makes no sense either but its all to the good . Go Texans:texflag:

beerlover
10-31-2007, 11:51 PM
at least rephrase your ideas to something like this: an invisable battle is being waged & its nothing about players on the field, its a battle of different coaching philosophies (Kubiak/Smith vs. Sherman) that much is clear. who wins the battle is not the question its when, for the betterment of the team & Schaub I'm not sure if it can last rest of season :cool:

Imatexanfan
10-31-2007, 11:56 PM
at least rephrase your ideas to something like this: an invisable battle is being waged & its nothing about players on the field, its a battle of different coaching philosophies (Kubiak/Smith vs. Sherman) that much is clear. who wins the battle is not the question its when, for the betterment of the team & Schaub I'm not sure if it can last rest of season :cool:

Well there you go ladys and gentlemen. Good one beerlover rep is on the way. Good lookin out dawg:texflag:

TexanSam
11-01-2007, 12:01 AM
I guess everyone is allowed to post their thoughts, but quite frankly I think your view is ridiculous. I mean, if you're going to post something as dumb as this you should at least try to state some type of argument. The "He wasn't picked because he's black" argument has been used so many times in sports that it's just plain stupid to bring it up IMO

Andrew6
11-01-2007, 12:02 AM
:gun: :drunk:

I just don't get it at all.
Well there you go ladys and gentlemen. Good one beerlover rep is on the way. Good lookin out dawg:texflag:

tulexan
11-01-2007, 12:05 AM
It's like he's speaking a different language

Imatexanfan
11-01-2007, 12:06 AM
I guess everyone is allowed to post their thoughts, but quite frankly I think your view is ridiculous. I mean, if you're going to post something as dumb as this you should at least try to state some type of argument. The "He wasn't picked because he's black" argument has been used so many times in sports that it's just plain stupid to bring it up IMO

Its just me dude no offense to anyone... I should've said that ....huh?! Go Pirates!!!!:pirate:

TexanSam
11-01-2007, 12:07 AM

Yeah, I'm confused as well.

TexansSeminole
11-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Huh?

Imatexanfan
11-01-2007, 12:31 AM
Look his durability probably comes into question a little...but he shouldn't even be getting the hits that have put him out the last two weeks. Fat Albert plopping the whole of his weight down on Schaub as he tipped over and fell flat, and the knockout punch from the charger. Both helmet to helmet. The guy's a gamer for even being on his feet, much less playing another nfl game a week later. He's got guts, that's for sure...

I gotta say though, the Charger hit WAS a monster. he wasn't even looking in the direction it came from and got lifted up off the ground from a helmet to helmet shot. the only way that hit gets anymore devastating is if Schaub was running "ala" Trent Green last year. oh, and severe thigh/hip bruises make walking pretty agonizing...

I don't really have concerns about Schaub as a qb though, once they fix the line (our mantra as fans should be: oh eight, oh line!!!) he'll probably be less jumpy. He started the game just fine, and save a few hurried/tipped passes he would've had another game where it was very apparent that we need AJ back and a running game. As we all know by now.:texflag:

Xetuoh1836
11-01-2007, 12:55 AM
As stupid as this sounds and as stupid as I may already be, when factored by 10, then divided by 3, I think I'm dumber by reading this post....

I think????:shots: :backsout:

Double Barrel
11-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Iamtherefore I'm still stating McNair didn't want to draft VY because he was BLACK,

You do realize that the GENERAL MANAGER of the team is black, yeah? :secret:

TheIronDuke
11-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Joe Morgan thinks you're taking the whole black/white thing too far.

Texan_Bill
11-01-2007, 11:44 AM
As stupid as this sounds and as stupid as I may already be, when factored by 10, then divided by 3, I think I'm dumber by reading this post....

I think????:shots: :backsout:

I 'am' absolutely dumber for having read this thread..... or just so confused that the brain went into shut-down mode.

jlam
11-01-2007, 11:54 AM
http://www.dodgerblues.com/images/bradley-race-card_sm.jpg

Specnatz
11-01-2007, 12:22 PM
I 'am' absolutely dumber for having read this thread..... or just so confused that the brain went into shut-down mode.

I do not think I drank enough last night to understand any of this.

:specnatz:

Second Honeymoon
11-01-2007, 01:25 PM
You do realize that the GENERAL MANAGER of the team is black, yeah? :secret:

in all fairness, the GM at the time of the VY draft was Casserley.

That being said, McNair and Kubiak passing on VY had nothing to do with race, it had to do with the fact that McNair was in love with his butt buddy Carr and had already locked him up to a maximum contract extension.

VY was not a possibility. The only reason they even went to UT Pro Day was to appease the fans and show that they were at least willing to hypothetically consider it.

McNair and Casserley were not willing to admit that they screwed up by drafting Carr. They had to 'stay the course' and give that pile of cow manure another chance. To keep Carr and draft Young would have hurt little David's fragile psyche. It was a non-option.

in closing, passing on VY had nothing to do with color of skin but more about the unwillingness to cut your losses and admit failures. hopefully McNair learned his lesson that day and will get rid of our crappy head coach Kubiak before he retards the development of our franchise like that little wuss David did.

Double Barrel
11-01-2007, 01:37 PM

What's fair? He insinuated that McNair is a bigot for not choosing VY, when the owner clearly bases no decisions on race. A racist is not going to change his song and dance within a couple of months. Smith was hired very soon after the 2006 draft, IIRC.

Specnatz
11-01-2007, 01:37 PM

That being said, McNair and Kubiak passing on VY had nothing to do with race, it had to do with the fact that McNair was in love with his butt buddy Carr and had already locked him up to a maximum contract extension.

VY was not a possibility. The only reason they even went to UT Pro Day was to appease the fans and show that they were at least willing to hypothetically consider it.

McNair and Casserley were not willing to admit that they screwed up by drafting Carr. They had to 'stay the course' and give that pile of cow manure another chance. To keep Carr and draft Young would have hurt little David's fragile psyche. It was a non-option.

in closing, passing on VY had nothing to do with color of skin but more about the unwillingness to cut your losses and admit failures. hopefully McNair learned his lesson that day and will get rid of our crappy head coach Kubiak before he retards the development of our franchise like that little wuss David did.

OK here you blame McNair for Carr and in another thread you blamed Kubiak saying it was all his doing, just curious who is to blame? Oh and saying butt buddy is a great way to make it look like you are actually talking football and not being a homophobic jerk.

Yor rants and name calling really are getting old, can you talk football without name calling and rants with degrading people and talk about the players lack on the field, i.e. pocket pressence with Carr.

Is that to hard for you do?

2BCF
11-01-2007, 02:24 PM

http://home.earthlink.net/~joebobzen/graphics/sm_boom.jpg

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, this dang ol’ thread, man, make no sense man, he got dang ol’ Warren Moon on there, man, make me scratch my head, man.

Texans_Chick
11-01-2007, 02:36 PM
We all like Schaub and everything but when it comes to his health its to the extremes. All I'm saying is Schaub is not the Carr we used to see at all. Also all the ramblin about him not being to par on the money he's being paid is well simply ridiculous.

The guy is worth the money its just the guys thats "trying" to protect him up front is just....well I think being paid off. Yes I said it, I understand Steve getting on IR and all and all these other players getting injured, but whats the deal?! Seriously come on somethings up what do you all think because I'm just stumped its like "wow"....seriously to the wow where whats wrong with the front management too.

We all know we don't need to start there. Too bad...Iamtherefore I'm still stating McNair didn't want to draft VY because he was BLACK, I know Moon and why him drafting Mario hes black but look you gotta think, I'm spilling my guts out here, I'm just plain out sick of the mess, we can easily play with the Pats or even the Colts, but our players, they aren't what they should be. They need to play as a team to begin with and theupper management needs to do their job the right way at whats going on. WE HAVE A LOOONGGG WAY TO GO YET. But go Texans yea.:texflag:

Oh and nevermind my signature, no reason.

My question to you is how did you type this from your bathtub without being electrocuted? :cool:

But, of course, go Texans yea. :texflag:

Xetuoh1836
11-01-2007, 02:42 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~joebobzen/graphics/sm_boom.jpg

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, this dang olí thread, man, make no sense man, he got dang olí Warren Moon on there, man, make me scratch my head, man.

Dang man, you rattled my noggin man, guess it's time to head to the corner man, and have another brewskey with ole Hank man. Shoot man, selling propane is a 9-5 gig but, being out in orbit is 24/7 man...:party:

Second Honeymoon
11-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Learn to attack the post and not the poster. You have been warned before--infantrycak

Texan_Bill
11-01-2007, 03:19 PM
I do not think I drank enough last night to understand any of this.

:specnatz:

Spec, I was thinking the opposite... Maybe I drank too, too much last night. Just went back and re-read to see if was any clearer now then it was this morning......

In a word........... NO!

IlliniJen
11-01-2007, 03:25 PM
After reading this post a SECOND time, thinking that perhaps one day would give me a better perspective on it, I've decided:

THIS is how I do it (and thanks to this post, will do it as soon as the workday is done):

http://www.avenuevine.com/movabletype/archives/TanquerayRangpur-w.jpg

Second Honeymoon
11-01-2007, 03:32 PM
OK here you blame McNair for Carr and in another thread you blamed Kubiak saying it was all his doing, just curious who is to blame? Oh and saying butt buddy is a great way to make it look like you are actually talking football and not being a homophobic jerk.

Yor rants and name calling really are getting old, can you talk football without name calling and rants with degrading people and talk about the players lack on the field, i.e. pocket pressence with Carr.

Is that to hard for you do?

Spec,

please refrain from including me in anything you post. it's obvious you can call me out but I can't do likewise without incurring the wrath of our beloved and respected moderators (not sarcasm), so please just do us both a favor and just leave me out of your posts or just simply put me on ignore.

if you want to single me out or have an issue with something I write, lets keep it in the private message section so the rest of the community doesnt have to hear it, the moderators dont have to hear it, and we can tell each other what we really think about each other without editing or rules.

until then, FIRE KUBIAK, Mario is a flatliner, Weiss is still a fat losing head coach and GO NAVY!!...i think that sums it all up

infantrycak
11-01-2007, 03:38 PM
it's obvious you can call me out but I can't do likewise without incurring the wrath of our beloved and respected moderators (not sarcasm)

Spec commented on your posting style. You commented on Spec. There's the difference. Ask Spec and he'll tell you he has lost posts that have gone over the line.

Second Honeymoon
11-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Spec commented on your posting style. You commented on Spec. There's the difference. Ask Spec and he'll tell you he has lost posts that have gone over the line.

np man. no sweat. i'm just another ticked off Texans fan who wants things to change and it seems some people think things will get fixed by themselves without tough decisions, major coaching changes, or taking any risks.

i am already practically in 2008 draft mode anyways....its not like this season looks like it is going to get much better before it gets much worse.

I just hope the players don't feel the same way or it could get really ugly....

brakos82
11-01-2007, 06:39 PM

I think it's called "Northern." Not sure though, some of it looks vaguely familiar. :cowboy1: