PDA

View Full Version : Kiffin gives up on Mike Williams

smokeshow
10-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Mike Williams has been released (http://www.sportsultra.com/nfl/player/mike_williams/2719/news.jsp?cp=f&a=25&track=titlebox&atype=5)

V Man
10-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Mike Williams has been released (http://www.sportsultra.com/nfl/player/mike_williams/2719/news.jsp?cp=f&a=25&track=titlebox&atype=5)

No, don't even think about it.

Mr. White
10-31-2007, 01:30 PM
Think we could convert him to RB? How about CB?

Maybe we could put him on weight gainers and convert him to Center. Long Snapper for that matter.....

bah007
10-31-2007, 01:40 PM
Think we could convert him to RB? How about CB?

Maybe we could put him on weight gainers and convert him to Center. Long Snapper for that matter.....

Considering that Brian Pittman has one bad snap out of 600 tries I would say no.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Get on the phone Rick!

:jk:

Brando
10-31-2007, 02:25 PM
If he would have caught the last pass thrown to him the Raiders would have beat the Titans. He needed to be cut. He didn't use his hands, he tried to catch the ball with his shoulder pads like Randy Moss. Mike Williams is no Randy Moss.....

The Titans are glad that he was a Raider on Sunday. If he catches that ball they kick a FG. Janikowksi could have missed it but it would have been nice to at least try. The Titans get lucky again. Wish we were that damn lucky....

GP
10-31-2007, 10:28 PM
If he would have caught the last pass thrown to him the Raiders would have beat the Titans. He needed to be cut. He didn't use his hands, he tried to catch the ball with his shoulder pads like Randy Moss. Mike Williams is no Randy Moss.....

The Titans are glad that he was a Raider on Sunday. If he catches that ball they kick a FG. Janikowksi could have missed it but it would have been nice to at least try. The Titans get lucky again. Wish we were that damn lucky....

LOL.

I was thinking the same thing, pal.

HoustonFrog
11-01-2007, 09:47 AM
I remember seeing this guy in college snag all of these one handed catches and all and thought he would be a stud in the NFL. What a shame.

kastofsna
11-01-2007, 01:18 PM
i think had he been drafted into a better situation he could've turned out better.

mexican_texan
11-01-2007, 04:11 PM
i think had he been drafted into a better situation he could've turned out better.
A better situation than a Mike Martz offense?

Second Honeymoon
11-01-2007, 04:21 PM

we have been that lucky...remember the 56 yard field goal? ya know, the only thing standing between us and a 6 game losing streak?

that being said, the Titans seem to be the luckiest team every year...at least until the Super Bowl...ONE YARD SHORT

Second Honeymoon
11-01-2007, 04:28 PM

martz wasnt the coordinator then. he has Martz last year but by then he had already worn out his welcome. he was in a bad situation in Detroit. he shouldnt have been drafted in the first place. Detroit is a tough place to have succeess. Kitna has started to make a difference there but its still Detroit. I sure would like to be 5-3 like they are now though.

Mike Williams also had Charles 'Zig Zag' Rogers as a mentor and a young Roy Williams to compete with for catches. Mike, like Mario, seemed to rely on superior athletic ability against lesser foes to win matchups in college. In the pros, everyone is an uber-athlete and there are few times when you can physically own your competition. its all about outworking and outsmarting in the NFL...everyone is wicked fast and strong already in this league.

ATX
11-01-2007, 05:57 PM
we have been that lucky...remember the 56 yard field goal? ya know, the only thing standing between us and a 6 game losing streak?

that being said, the Titans seem to be the luckiest team every year...at least until the Super Bowl...ONE YARD SHORT

Or until they play a game they have to win at the end of the season to make the playoffs.

dtran04
11-01-2007, 06:01 PM
He and Maurice Clarett sure turned out good.

kastofsna
11-01-2007, 10:34 PM
better coaching, better positioning on the depth chart, less pressure, etc. he really wanted to play for the Bucs and i think if they drafted him, he'd be in a much better place right now.

stingray
11-01-2007, 10:36 PM
He is just plain Lazy. He got some money and just relaxed..

painekiller
11-01-2007, 11:26 PM
I would coach him up as a blocker and make him a TE, that is what is wrong he was out of position.

TexansSeminole
11-02-2007, 12:47 AM
He is just plain Lazy. He got some money and just relaxed..

That is probably what happened. He was in a position where he was going to have to work really hard to produce his rookie year.

4Texans
11-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Mike Williams, Dwayne Jarret..........:hmmm:

What's up with these USC Wr's?????? Just a pattern of laziness I guess..........

kastofsna
11-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Jarrett's only been in the league half a season, give him some time.