PDA

View Full Version : Stroud Suspended

mootini
10-31-2007, 11:11 AM
NFL to suspend Marcus Stroud

By MICHAEL C. WRIGHT, The Times-Union

The Jaguars expect to receive notification from the league soon that defensive tackle Marcus Stroud will be suspended four games for violating the NFL's steroids and related substances policy, the Times-Union has learned from sources, who requested anonymity because of the hefty fines the league could impose for disclosing information relating to its drug policy.
sponsored links

Ads by Yahoo!

Stroud's positive test came from "taking some supplements," according to a league source. His 'A' sample came back positive last week, and per the drug policy, Stroud exercised the right to have his 'B' sample tested on Monday.

According to a league source, Stroud is not likely to appeal the suspension. An appeal might allow Stroud to play in the club's next few games. But if Stroud were to lose the appeal, he could be out of action for several key late-season games.

The suspension could go into effect as soon as Sunday, when the club travels to New Orleans to play the Saints. The Jags expect to receive notification from the NFL by Friday and at the latest, early next week.

Jaguars officials declined to comment about the possible suspension, citing confidentiality terms of the NFL's drug policy.

In anticipation of Stroud's absence, the Jaguars on Tuesday, signed free agent nose tackle Grady Jackson, who was released last week by the Falcons, to a one-year deal. Jackson was released last week by the Atlanta Falcons.

This is why the Jags signed Jackson. I'm sure he was using something to recover from his offseason surgery.

kastofsna
10-31-2007, 11:35 AM
i'm waiting for the "someone put a banned substance in my Wendy's #6 combo" excuse soon.

Vinny
10-31-2007, 12:46 PM
ah, the real reason they signed Grady.

I need a link with any copy n pastes guys....thanks.

Errant Hothy
10-31-2007, 04:00 PM
linkage:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3088185

jlam
11-01-2007, 11:00 AM
This helps us this weekend. Grady Jackson is no slouch, but with a (relatively) short quarterback in Drew Brees, having those two gargantuas in Stroud and Henderson can really obstruct some passing lanes. Jackson clogs holes pretty well, but he doesn't get the penetration and disruption he used to, and certainly not to the level of Stroud.

mootini
11-01-2007, 11:24 AM
This helps us this weekend. Grady Jackson is no slouch, but with a (relatively) short quarterback in Drew Brees, having those two gargantuas in Stroud and Henderson can really obstruct some passing lanes. Jackson clogs holes pretty well, but he doesn't get the penetration and disruption he used to, and certainly not to the level of Stroud.

Looks like Stroud is playing Sunday. He came on the Pete Prisco radio show yesterday and explained he might have failed because of an over the counter cold medicine. This is not official suspention yet. His 2nd test is currently being reviewed. We'll see soon.

jlam
11-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Looks like Stroud is playing Sunday. He came on the Pete Prisco radio show yesterday and explained he might have failed because of an over the counter cold medicine. This is not official suspention yet. His 2nd test is currently being reviewed. We'll see soon.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I hadn't heard about that, thanks for the info. It would definitely be big swing as far as the advantage goes in the Jax Dline vs N.O. Oline battle.