PDA

View Full Version : Grading the Chargers Game

maddogmrb
10-28-2007, 06:23 PM
I didn't watch the 4th quarter.

WR - Grade=C+. Why is it that Sage seems to use his receivers better than any other QB we have had? Dropped too many passes today. Why, when we throw deep it is to Kevin Walter almost every time? It seems to me that we should have attempted to throw deep to Jacoby Jones some today.

TE - Grade=B. Daniels dropped a pass but, overall he, Putzier, and Driessen did okay. Why are we carrying so many TE on the roster and only 2 RB's?

Oline - Grade=C. Not bad today, although too many blitzers came thru untouched and may not have been the fault of the oline totally. I saw White in the game at C late in the 3rd.

QB - Grade = D. Too many turnovers. Sage deserves to start with his performances and Schaub is starting to feel the effects of the lack of talent in front and back of him so he could use a rest, anyway. (Repeat from last week) Sage appears to have better command of the game and utilizes his receivers better than Schaub. Sage appears to have a better presence once the ball is snapped. Schaub appears to be suffering some of Carr's disease... I knew he should have chosen a different number.

RB - Grade=C-. Echenxxx looks like a keeper and Dayne actually got some positive yards today.

FB - Grade=C. Good blocking, dropped a pass.

DLine - Grade=D-. Outclassed by Charger oline all day.

MLB - Grade=C-. Not having as good a year as last but, I attribute much of that to poor schemes and lack of talent around him.

OLB - Grade=D. They are what they are ... bottom of the league. (Repeat from last week)

CB - Grade=B-. Robinson had another good game and Bennett is coming on.

S - Grade=F-. Let's see, the Chargers biggest receiving weapon is their all-pro TE and we can't seem to get coverage within 15 yards of him ...... ???

ST - Grade=D-. 4 of 5 KO returns I saw barely got past the 15 yard line! Pittman's high snap ..... I just don't see the value in using a roster spot on a long snapper.

Coaching - Grade=C. A little more agressive on both sides of the ball. Why do other teams blitz schemes seem to work well and ours don't seem to have any effect at all?

Looking at our schedule, I can now see us going 5-11 or 6-10 but, still a better team than last year.

Okay that's my take on it, what's yours?

Leahmic223
10-28-2007, 06:24 PM
The Texans Organization - F

barrett
10-28-2007, 07:04 PM
i posted this earlier:

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43822

i think the main positive is Chris White at center. He looked great.

junior
10-28-2007, 07:07 PM

WR - Grade=C+. Why is it that Sage seems to use his receivers better than any other QB we have had? Dropped too many passes today. Why, when we throw deep it is to Kevin Walter almost every time? It seems to me that we should have attempted to throw deep to Jacoby Jones some today.

TE - Grade=B. Daniels dropped a pass but, overall he, Putzier, and Driessen did okay. Why are we carrying so many TE on the roster and only 2 RB's?

Oline - Grade=C. Not bad today, although too many blitzers came thru untouched and may not have been the fault of the oline totally. I saw White in the game at C late in the 3rd.

QB - Grade = D. Too many turnovers. Sage deserves to start with his performances and Schaub is starting to feel the effects of the lack of talent in front and back of him so he could use a rest, anyway. (Repeat from last week) Sage appears to have better command of the game and utilizes his receivers better than Schaub. Sage appears to have a better presence once the ball is snapped. Schaub appears to be suffering some of Carr's disease... I knew he should have chosen a different number.

RB - Grade=C-. Echenxxx looks like a keeper and Dayne actually got some positive yards today.

FB - Grade=C. Good blocking, dropped a pass.

DLine - Grade=D-. Outclassed by Charger oline all day.

MLB - Grade=C-. Not having as good a year as last but, I attribute much of that to poor schemes and lack of talent around him.

OLB - Grade=D. They are what they are ... bottom of the league. (Repeat from last week)

CB - Grade=B-. Robinson had another good game and Bennett is coming on.

S - Grade=F-. Let's see, the Chargers biggest receiving weapon is their all-pro TE and we can't seem to get coverage within 15 yards of him ...... ???

ST - Grade=D-. 4 of 5 KO returns I saw barely got past the 15 yard line! Pittman's high snap ..... I just don't see the value in using a roster spot on a long snapper.

Coaching - Grade=C. A little more agressive on both sides of the ball. Why do other teams blitz schemes seem to work well and ours don't seem to have any effect at all?

Looking at our schedule, I can now see us going 5-11 or 6-10 but, still a better team than last year.

after getting our asses kicked like that to only give one F is mind blowing.

overall D- we could have lost 52-7 like Washington.

TEXANRED
10-28-2007, 07:09 PM
I give'em a G, the letter after F.

junior
10-28-2007, 07:10 PM

cant argue too much with that.

Texanmike02
10-28-2007, 07:55 PM

Your teachers deserve an A though... since you seem to know your alphabet.

Mike

TheIronDuke
10-28-2007, 07:59 PM
I give the Texans a F U. U meaning unacceptable.

keyser
10-29-2007, 03:13 AM
Pittman's high snap ..... I just don't see the value in using a roster spot on a long snapper.

The value in using a roster spot on a long snapper is because these snaps are usually critical (see today...), and you want to make sure it's done right. You want someone who can focus on getting that right 100% of the time, since that's a lot more valuable than someone who does it right 95% of the time and also plays 3rd string whatever (and probably spends his time/effort on trying to move to 2nd string whatever instead of on improving his long snapping).

But, when Pittman blew that snap today, as far as I'm concerned, that ended any reason to keep him on the squad. That shows he can't be relied on, and that reliability is the whole reason he has a job.

OK, being a bit more reasonable, everyone will make a mistake once in a while, and I think this is the first mistake I've seen him make (only following the Texans for a year and a half). So I'll cut him maybe just the tiniest bit of slack, but any more errors, and I agree - I think we should use the roster spot on someone else (considering we already have a possible replacement in Dreesen).

bigbrewster2000
10-29-2007, 09:10 AM
The value in using a roster spot on a long snapper is because these snaps are usually critical (see today...), and you want to make sure it's done right. You want someone who can focus on getting that right 100% of the time, since that's a lot more valuable than someone who does it right 95% of the time and also plays 3rd string whatever (and probably spends his time/effort on trying to move to 2nd string whatever instead of on improving his long snapping).

But, when Pittman blew that snap today, as far as I'm concerned, that ended any reason to keep him on the squad. That shows he can't be relied on, and that reliability is the whole reason he has a job.

OK, being a bit more reasonable, everyone will make a mistake once in a while, and I think this is the first mistake I've seen him make (only following the Texans for a year and a half). So I'll cut him maybe just the tiniest bit of slack, but any more errors, and I agree - I think we should use the roster spot on someone else (considering we already have a possible replacement in Dreesen).
That was in fact the first bad snap Pittman had made in 6 years. He needs to be given a little slack.

bigbrewster2000
10-29-2007, 09:14 AM

Why does Sage deserve to start when he threw just as many ints as Schaub? He did not look good yesterday. It looks like you are typing crap just to type it. I will say this Schaub should probably have sat yesterday to get completely healthy instead of pushing it to come back. But for you to say Sage should start based on yesterday's performance is completely assinine.

HOU-TEX
10-29-2007, 09:45 AM
F- in every facet of the team. :devilpig:

Texans Horror
10-29-2007, 10:34 AM
It was one bad snap. My understanding is that Pittman is actually one of the better long-snappers in the game. No reason to can him. Besides, he's probably having a hard time adjusting to all that new-found fame since the Chron has been keeping up with his thoughts on 90210 and Britney Spears. We have a break coming up. He should be good to go for the Raiders.