PDA

View Full Version : I have a bad feeling about this game.

stingray
10-28-2007, 09:00 AM
This game just doesn't sit well with me...

1. Chargers coming off a bye-week.
2. Chargers were playing very well before the bye week.
3. Texans 1-4 the last 5 weeks.
4. Texans lost an emotional game after making a huge comeback.
5. No AJ

6. CHARGERS AND THE CROWD'S ADRENALINE WILL BE AT A LEVEL TEN AFTER THE WILDFIRES.

Hope I'm wrong.....

Twitch-Houston
10-28-2007, 09:07 AM
This game just doesn't sit well with me...

1. Chargers coming off a bye-week.
2. Chargers were playing very well before the bye week.
3. Texans 1-4 the last 5 weeks.
4. Texans lost an emotional game after making a huge comeback.
5. No AJ

6. CHARGERS AND THE CROWD'S ADRENALINE WILL BE AT A LEVEL TEN AFTER THE WILDFIRES.

Hope I'm wrong.....

Good points, but I'm hoping that #4 actually works to our advantage. For them to come back like that was pretty amazing. I hope it gives them confidence that they can do anything if they put some heart and effort into it.

RTP2110
10-28-2007, 09:07 AM
You're not the only one.

Our safeties are not good in coverage, Gates could have a big day.
Our outside run defense has not been good latley, LT could have a HUGE day.
Our offensive line play has been bad lately, SD brings more pressure than almost anyone.
SD just seems to be strong in all the areas we are weak in. I do not like this match up at all.

sakebomb
10-28-2007, 09:18 AM
You are just now feeling like this game is trouble? :) I've had this one marked down as a loss since the schedule came out.

TheIronDuke
10-28-2007, 09:21 AM
You are just now feeling like this game is trouble? :) I've had this one marked down as a loss since the schedule came out.

+1 :shades:

Andrew6
10-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Texans will games they weren't suppose to and lose ones they should of won. I think today will be the day they win one they weren't suppose to.

Texan Asylum
10-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Texans will games they weren't suppose to and lose ones they should of won. I think today will be the day they win one they weren't suppose to.

I feel we will show up for this game. I'm pulling for my boys to make THEMSELVES proud! The good kind of pride, not one of self, but one of TEAM!

Go Texans!

:texflag:

nunusguy
10-28-2007, 09:43 AM
I'd be surprised if anyone gets disappointed by the results of this game too much, since they're be foolish IMO if they have even moderate expectations of Texans success to begin with.

stingray
10-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Let me clarify, I have a bad feeling that we are gonna get blown out pretty bad, NOT JUST LOSE. I mean, like 42-13... , yeah I thought this game would be a loss since the schedule came out but I just think we won't even be competitive.. LIKE I SAID, I HOPE I'M WRONG.

Andrew6
10-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Let me clarify, I have a bad feeling that we are gonna get blown out pretty bad, NOT JUST LOSE. I mean, like 42-13... , yeah I thought this game would be a loss since the schedule came out but I just think we won't even be competitive.. LIKE I SAID, I HOPE I'M WRONG.

I think everyone on here hopes your wrong

Spike
10-28-2007, 10:00 AM
I think it is all about #3. This team hasn't look prepared and has played really awful the past four weeks. I don't think we will win, but I'd like to see some sort of improvement. This team (and I am including the coaching staff here) have taken a real step back in this time frame. I don't want to watch a completely overwhelmed team out on the field today - and I certainly don't want to hear our coach say after the game that he failed to properly prepare the team.

I think mentally, this is a big game for the season. If we can be at the half way point and be 4-4, I think the team, city and fans will be satisfied that progress has been made and that we are on pace for a .500 season - which is where most saw this team before the season started - despite the tough losses. If we lose this game, I wouldn't be surprised to see things spiral out of control.

stingray
10-28-2007, 10:01 AM
I think it is all about #3. This team hasn't look prepared and has played really awful the past four weeks. I don't think we will win, but I'd like to see some sort of improvement. This team (and I am including the coaching staff here) have taken a real step back in this time frame. I don't want to watch a completely overwhelmed team out on the field today - and I certainly don't want to hear our coach say after the game that he failed to properly prepare the team.

I think mentally, this is a big game for the season. If we can be at the half way point and be 4-4, I think the team, city and fans will be satisfied that progress has been made and that we are on pace for a .500 season - which is where most saw this team before the season started - despite the tough losses. If we lose this game, I wouldn't be surprised to see things spiral out of control.

I agree...

False Start
10-28-2007, 10:15 AM
I just don't see us coming up with a win either . I saw a stat about teams coming off a bye week , and their record . It was pretty staggering towards the win side . Something like in the high 80s percentage wise , they win . It just doesn't look good for the Texans . You never know , maybe they will pull a fast one on the Bolts . As long as they don't get blown out , that will be cool . I'm not being a bad fan , I'm just being realistic . :texflag:

Silver Oak
10-28-2007, 10:36 AM
I hope the team we saw play KC and Carolina show up, but it does look like a tough road.

Maybe we'll catch SD flat as they might see themselves as a team that should easily win, and a bigger maybe...our guys show up pissed after last week.

TheRealJoker
10-28-2007, 10:44 AM
The Chargers are one of the 5 toughest teams in the NFL for us stylistically imo but this could be a trap game for them. They just started getting momentum and had to go into a bye week filled with uncertainty due to the fires in SD. They most likely haven't had their minds on football leading up to the game and they could come out flat against us.

If we can force SD to dig themselves into a hole early then we have a good shot at winning this game, Rivers hasn't been playing all that well this year and if they are forced to pass they will be NORVed.

Hookem Horns
10-28-2007, 10:55 AM
This game kinda reminds me of the UT vs A&M game after the bonfire tragedy. You feel bad for the opposition due to the local tragedy and it's almost a no win situation if your rooting for the other team.

Vinny
10-28-2007, 11:06 AM
I think we get crushed today and LT has 3 or 4 TD's (at least two on the ground)....hope not, but I think he goes nuts today. I didn't see a very good team when the game was on the line last week vs the Titans.

76Texan
10-28-2007, 11:33 AM
:fans:

alphajoker
10-28-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm optimistic that they could win but realistically, they're chances are very low. They will need to play perfect football to really have any chance at all. If they continue to turn the ball over, then like Vinny said, they'll get crushed.

Runner
10-28-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm looking forward to the day when the biggest asset the Texans take into a game is not "maybe the opponent will look past/underrate/get caught in a trap game".

drewmar74
10-28-2007, 11:46 AM
I think we get crushed today

Ummm.... yeah.

I'll be watching, but I'll probably be looking through my fingers because I'm afraid this could get ugly.

I just don't think that we've got the horses to match up with these cats on either side of the ball. We're just not there yet.

Texans_Chick
10-28-2007, 12:34 PM
I think we get crushed today and LT has 3 or 4 TD's (at least two on the ground)....hope not, but I think he goes nuts today. I didn't see a very good team when the game was on the line last week vs the Titans.

Ultimately, it is hard to win on the road, and SD is better on the field than just about any position of the Texans, the Texans have been struggling and injured, so it would be a non-surprise if the Texans get stomped.

The best hope for them is that sometimes they surprise when I think they have no chance against a particular team.

It would be nice if the Texans:

1. Didn't turn over the ball.
2. Could run it.
3. Played consistent defense. No stop em for a loss, then give up a 75 yard run thingy.

Andrew6
10-28-2007, 12:37 PM
WOW, folks I'm kinda disappointed in people here. Lets have some faith and not jump to conclusions here. Lets see what our boys can do on the field today. Don't doubt untill after the game.

Runner
10-28-2007, 12:38 PM
It would be nice if the Texans:

1. Didn't turn over the ball.
2. Could run it.
3. Played consistent defense. No stop em for a loss, then give up a 75 yard run thingy.

After about half of the games last year and some of the games this year, I have a simpler goal:

That the Texans look like they belong in the NFL every weekend.

imatexan
10-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Why would you post this? Someone manages to do this every week.

drewmar74
10-28-2007, 12:55 PM
WOW, folks I'm kinda disappointed in people here. Lets have some faith and not jump to conclusions here. Lets see what our boys can do on the field today. Don't doubt untill after the game.

FWIW, I think what you're seeing here today is not just doom and gloom "Oh, woe is us" defeatism. This is probably nothing more than being realistic considering the disparity in talent between the two clubs. Yes, I'm aware of the "any given Sunday" thinking and I've seen some crazy stuff happen. So said, I just don't think that we've got the talent to hang with these clowns just yet and our coaches haven't really shown themselves to be all that great at creating schemes to negate the advantages of other teams.

While I'd love nothing more than to see us win and I'll sit through the whole game no matter what, I just don't expect that much. We're probably still a year away....

Texans_Chick
10-28-2007, 12:58 PM

You can totally root for your team, but at the same time have realistic doubts about their ability to win a particular game.

Even with the flukey beginning of last week's game, the offensive performance of last week's game was offensive. Really reallly Capers-Palmer-Pendry-like awful. Sarcastic cheering of small positive yardage awful. Post traumatic stress symptom awful. And that was a HOME game, where it is easier for the offense to conduct their bidness on the field.

Texans fans are experts at knowing what bad football looks like, and that was some tragically bad football.

Andrew6
10-28-2007, 01:00 PM
You can totally root for your team, but at the same time have realistic doubts about their ability to win a particular game.

Even with the flukey beginning of last week's game, the offensive performance of last week's game was offensive. Really reallly Capers-Palmer-Pendry-like awful. Sarcastic cheering of small positive yardage awful. Post traumatic stress symptom awful. And that was a HOME game, where it is easier for the offense to conduct their bidness on the field.

Texans fans are experts at knowing what bad football looks like, and that was some tragically bad football.

I just think the Texans have alot of potential and will hopefully realize this. I beleive they are way better than they've played past couple weeks.

NitroGSXR
10-28-2007, 01:02 PM
I really have a very good feeling about today. Right now the Titans and the Colts are both losing to mediocre teams. I just think that today is the day that we catapult ourselves from the bottom of the division.

beerlover
10-28-2007, 01:06 PM
:crying: my pee pee hurts

c'mon Texans fans pull yourselves together :bat:

GlassHalfFull
10-28-2007, 01:08 PM

ummm, TMI

Lucky
10-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I don't have a bad feeling about the game. More like just looking at the facts. The Bolts are a playoff team chock full of Pro Bowlers. They can run and stop the run. They have two outstanding edge rushers. Let's not forget the plus turnover ratio. Just not a very good matchup for the Texans.

Still, there's a reason they play the games...on any given Sunday.

Vinny
10-28-2007, 01:15 PM
lots of doubt since the Chargers are a clearly superior team. Just because one can remain objective doesn't mean they are a lesser fan. I hope we win...but I seriously doubt it based on watching some really awful football here lately.

Vinny
10-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I don't have a bad feeling about the game. More like just looking at the facts. The Bolts are a playoff team chock full of Pro Bowlers. They can run and stop the run. They have two outstanding edge rushers. Let's not forget the plus turnover ratio. Just not a very good matchup for the Texans.

Still, there's a reason they play the games...on any given Sunday.
We don't have anyone to handle their underrated NT either....they will control the middle of the field and have outstanding linebackers on the edge.

drewmar74
10-28-2007, 01:30 PM

Penicillin should clear that right up.

76Texan
10-28-2007, 01:58 PM
We are due for a good game.
You need to have lotsa things going right for you on the road, but I believe! :fans:

The thing I really like about our team the last couple of years is that the boys keep fighting! :wild:

edo783
10-28-2007, 02:15 PM
I suspect we will have a major drubbing today. We are over matched at nearly every position. Can we beat them.........sure.....that any given Sunday thing comes into play, but I dang sure wouldn't be calling my guy at the book to place a bet that we will.

The Pencil Neck
10-28-2007, 02:52 PM
It's not going to help that Ahman is inactive.

stingray
10-28-2007, 03:02 PM
It's not going to help that Ahman is inactive.

This guy has been a huge free agent bust....

Dread-Head
10-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Okay. First things first. Great looking pic of Hammering Hank Aaron. Secondly the Chargers coming off a bi-week is an advantage. They'll be more relaxed and also they'll look at the Texan's record and assume it'll be a slam dunk. If Kubes did a great job prepping his troops they'll do fine. As much as I hate to quote George Michael...you "gotta have faith."

GP
10-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Bomb to Gates: TD.

Bad snap, and inability of Turk to fall on ball in end zone: TD.

14-0 and we're not even out of the 1st quarter yet.

14 x 4 = 56.

Yep, that sounds about right.

beerlover
10-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Penicillin should clear that right up.

naw, nothing a little beer flush can't cure :beerfunnel:

Topher
10-28-2007, 04:07 PM
LOL! Put Sage in!

Texan Asylum
10-28-2007, 05:37 PM
I feel we will show up for this game. I'm pulling for my boys to make THEMSELVES proud! The good kind of pride, not one of self, but one of TEAM!

Go Texans!

I hate to quote myself, but I've come to the conclusion that I'm gonna quit talking about football here. :backsout: