PDA

View Full Version : Texans @ Chargers: Gameday Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

False Start
10-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Drayton Florence is a P.O.S. ! Little Punk . They showed the hit again just now and it just makes me mad . I don't care what team its for , if a Texan player would have done that I would feel the same way ,

Vinny
10-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Vince Young sure looked a franchise QB this week.

If you want to complain, complain that we didn't select AJ Hawk.
That would be just as dumb with Ferguson sitting there. The Texans just should have known Carr was GARBAGE in the years we had him before we signed him to the MAX extension. We could have had a franchise QB PLUS the two draft picks we gave up for Schaub.

It's hard to overcome really bad FO moves and really bad coaching...the combination is a really bad team.

houstonhurricane
10-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Ron Dayne - MVP.

TexansSeminole
10-28-2007, 06:14 PM

Theres nothing wrong with Mario Williams. But as a team that needed a pass rush...Mario Williams wasn't a good choice...I'm sorry but it's true.

Runner
White is getting some PT. Still little of Black. Nice pick-up there for a million bucks.

ChrisG
Echemandu has almost the same amount of yards as dayne with 1/2 thr carries

TexansFight
fikster: David Carr's suck and lack of attitude and passion infested this team. You need to burn the entire thing down and start completely over from top to bottom. I feel sorry for player like Ryans, Dunta, and AJ who have had to suffer through this crap on a personal level.

nunusguy
The more they replay the play where Schaub took the hit that knocked him out of the game, the more obvious it is that it was a very flagrant cheap shot "TO A QB" that perhaps should have got the Chargers player thrown out of the game.
Expect the player to be fined by the league office this week.

fikster
10-28-2007, 06:15 PM

6 14 42 42.9 VY's numbers today. Riveting. He is a winner and proving he can lead, but he is not an answer to our problems. It all started with David Carr. Our first pick ever set a bad tone.

edo783

And your.........Mmmm, surprised?

TexansSeminole

Yes plz tell me why in the hell Ron Dayne is touching the ball twice as many times as Echo. As far as I am concerned, from what I have seen today, he is our best RB aside from a healthy Ahman Green.

brakos82
6 14 42 42.9 VY's numbers today. Riveting. He is a winner and proving he can lead, but he is not an answer to our problems. It all started with David Carr. Our first pick ever set a bad tone.

I think that tone's around *gong!*

ChrisG
10-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Yes plz tell me why in the hell Ron Dayne is touching the ball twice as many times as Echo. As far as I am concerned, from what I have seen today, he is our best RB aside from a healthy Ahman Green.

exactly my pt

Marcus
10-28-2007, 06:16 PM
More than Kubiak, at least visually. Kubiak always has poor body language and doesn't look all that confident as he looks at his feet at the podium game after game. At least Belicheck and Dungy appear confident when they talk. This is one of the softest teams I've ever seen. This goes to how they pick their players and how they go about deciding what kind of personalities a football team should be made of.

Look, I know it's Sunday, Vinny, and we're getting blown out and all that, so talking out of emotion is the rule of the day. But I'm not going to get the on "get rid of Kubiak because the team sucks" bandwagon". That's knee-jerk and you know it.

Both he and Rick Smith have stated from day one that we're still a couple of drafts away from becoming a good team. And I don't put much stock, one way or another, in Kubiak's mannerisms. We all have our little quirks.

RTP2110
10-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Rosenfels INT....the Redzone problems continue

ChrisG
10-28-2007, 06:18 PM
i'm going for a run...see ya guys later

:texflag:

fikster
10-28-2007, 06:18 PM
what is sage looking at?

Vinny
10-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Look, I know it's Sunday, Vinny, and we're getting blown out and all that, so talking out of emotion is the rule of the day. But I'm not going to get the on "get rid of Kubiak because the team sucks" bandwagon". That's knee-jerk and you know it.

Both he and Rick Smith have stated from day one that we're still a couple of drafts away from becoming a good team. And I don't put much stock, one way or another in Kubiak's mannerisms. We all have our little quirks.
I don't really care what you want to do with your posts...you post what you want and I'll post what I want. This team has some really awful coaching on defense....that and we have made poor decisions on personnel. You polish your turd as much as you want, but that still won't make it shine.

brakos82
10-28-2007, 06:20 PM
i'm going for a run...see ya guys later

:texflag:

Run down the slope that our team is barrelrolling down.... see ya at the bottom :gun:

fikster
i can't take it anymore. later dudebros.

TexansSeminole
Both he and Rick Smith have stated from day one that we're still a couple of drafts away from becoming a good team. And I don't put much stock, one way or another, in Kubiak's mannerisms. We all have our little quirks.

I don't care if we come out with the Patriots roster. If we don't fix the way we are preparing for these teams we are going to continue to lose. Our gameplans for the last couple of weeks have been horrible. Offensively and defensively. Also, I just don't see any of Rick Smith's additions to this team doing much.

edo783
10-28-2007, 06:21 PM
what is sage looking at?

I have no idea what he was seeing. The guy was atleast double and looked like he was triple covered. The guy that slid out to the left was open.??????????

RTP2110
10-28-2007, 06:22 PM
I have no idea what he was seeing. The guy was atleast double and looked like he was triple covered. The guy that slid out to the left was open.??????????

Even if that guy wasnt there for the INT, if Walter catches it he would have been hammered by the CB coming right at him. Walter should be glad it was picked, cuz Sage hung him out to dry.

houstonhurricane
10-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Honestly, J. Jones just does not look quick (again). Let's get him out of there as well...no reason to aggravate his injury on a freaking punt return.

Andrew6
10-28-2007, 06:26 PM
can the Texans atleast score A touchdown?

TheIronDuke
10-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Honestly, J. Jones just does not look quick (again). Let's get him out of there as well...no reason to aggravate his injury on a freaking punt return.

Maybe this is the real JJ we're seeing. It's easy to look good in pre-season, he hasn't done anything in a real game.

brakos82
10-28-2007, 06:27 PM

Maybe... maybe not... :gun:

TexansSeminole
10-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Maybe this is the real JJ we're seeing. It's easy to look good in pre-season, he hasn't done anything in a real game.

He has done well as a receiver considering where he was picked, the college he went to, and how young he is IMO.

RTP2110
10-28-2007, 06:29 PM

Yes, in practice.

Marcus
10-28-2007, 06:30 PM
I don't care if we come out with the Patriots roster. If we don't fix the way we are preparing for these teams we are going to continue to lose. Our gameplans for the last couple of weeks have been horrible. Offensively and defensively. Also, I just don't see any of Rick Smith's additions to this team doing much.

That's funny. Just a few short weeks ago, Rick Smith was walking on water around here.

edo783
10-28-2007, 06:30 PM
How screwed would we be without Walter and OD?

TheIronDuke
10-28-2007, 06:31 PM
He has done well as a receiver considering where he was picked, the college he went to, and how young he is IMO.

I agree but after his pre-season performance you would've thought he was the second-coming of Jerry Rice from this board.

mimartin
10-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Why would expect anything less than what we are seeing here today. Other than quarterback, where have we significantly increased the talent of this team in that past 2 years? The Texans are rebuilding. Sounds stupid, but the Texans are rebuilding after the failed Don Capers experience.

Gary Kubiak may fail as a head coach in the NFL, but we do not know that after just 24 games and 2 drafts. He has made some mistakes in player evaluations and game plans, but that should be expected from a first time head coach. Hall of Fame coach Tom Landry did not wear his emotions on his sleeve and his first two years in Dallas he was 4-20 and did not have a winning record until year 7. I’m not saying we should wait 7 years to evaluate Kubiak, but we need to give him longer than 24 games.

Vince Young sure looked a franchise QB this week.And what is the Titans record compared to the Texans? What is Vince Young’s record as a starting quarterback? I wouldn't mind the Texans putting up 53 of offense every week, if they won.

2BCF
10-28-2007, 06:33 PM
I agree but after his pre-season performance you would've thought he was the second-coming of Jerry Rice from this board.

Yeah, we're seeing that same stuff about Rafer Alston on the b-ball threads.
They're clueless.

Marcus
10-28-2007, 06:33 PM
One bright spot in this dark chamber of horrors. . .

Keven Walter is the real deal of a receiver.

2BCF
10-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Katmandu doesn't look worse than Gado.

That's good I guess.

NitroGSXR
One bright spot in this dark chamber of horrors. . .

Keven Walter is the real deal of a receiver.
Kinda like Andre Davis was?

Andrew6
well one good thing from this game is we may have found a running back.

Maddict5
10-28-2007, 06:36 PM
echo's been another bright spot

TexansFight
10-28-2007, 06:36 PM
When you suck as bad as we do, you will grasp at anything that looks positive in the hope in that things are turning around. I feel like such an ***** in believing this team had turned that corner.

2BCF
10-28-2007, 06:37 PM
WoooHoo!

TheIronDuke
Got us a TD. We're still in this [/sarcasm]

Vinny
Texans, the king of garbage time. When the game's on the line...well, that's another story.

RTP2110
The comeback begins!! TD Sage to Dressen!!!!!!

NitroGSXR
Hell just froze over. We scored a TD with our fourth string TE.

HoustonFrog
10-28-2007, 06:38 PM

I do think Vinny is right in the way we pick our team though. We followed the blueprint to be the "niiiicccccccce" guys of the NFL, etc. We had the talk that they took a guy like Nelson, the S from Florida off our board because of problems off the field. I don't want thugs but I want some attitude and somebody that when it comes game time they want to knock someones block off or put teams away. As I said last week I'm tired of week after week having that same lame press conference of "these are good kids, I'll slap them on the butt and send them on their way and prepare for next week." Someone needs to get pissed. Its time to go after players that can help us win now. I'm tired of "give 'nice guy' 3 years to grow."

brakos82
well one good thing from this game is we may have found a running back.

And nobody can spell his name right without loking at it. :shades:

2BCF
dammit Salaam, that prolly cost us the game.

NitroGSXR
10-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Echemando!

His first name is a whole different story.

RTP2110
10-28-2007, 06:40 PM

Joe New Guy

brakos82
10-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Echemando!

His first name is a whole different story.

Wrong-o! :bat:

2BCF
10-28-2007, 06:42 PM

I prefer to spell it Katmandu. It's what I really, really wanta do.
If I ever get outta here, that's what I'm gonna do.

brakos82
10-28-2007, 06:43 PM
I prefer to spell it Katmandu. It's what I really, really wanta do.
If I ever get outta here, that's what I'm gonna do.

Is that a movie line? :pirate:

False Start
10-28-2007, 06:44 PM
This is my first week of Sunday Ticket . I'm glad I got it now , Its so cool too !

2BCF
10-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Is that a movie line? :pirate:

Gosh, I feel old now. :(

junior
10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Why would expect anything less than what we are seeing here today. Other than quarterback, where have we significantly increased the talent of this team in that past 2 years? The Texans are rebuilding. Sounds stupid, but the Texans are rebuilding after the failed Don Capers experience.

Gary Kubiak may fail as a head coach in the NFL, but we do not know that after just 24 games and 2 drafts. He has made some mistakes in player evaluations and game plans, but that should be expected from a first time head coach. Hall of Fame coach Tom Landry did not wear his emotions on his sleeve and his first two years in Dallas he was 4-20 and did not have a winning record until year 7. I’m not saying we should wait 7 years to evaluate Kubiak, but we need to give him longer than 24 games.

And what is the Titans record compared to the Texans? What is Vince Young’s record as a starting quarterback? I wouldn't mind the Texans putting up 53 of offense every week, if they won.

well I still dont see the great improvement at qb, his poise and pocket presence, and that great leadership ability that carr didnt have has given us 3-5. I say that 46 million or whatever it was would have been better spent on 2 or 3 needs. 5 td's and 7 int's after 8 games not very impressive and the numbers have been getting worse not better as the season goes along.

2BCF
10-28-2007, 06:48 PM
well I still dont see the great improvement at qb, his poise and pocket presence, and that great leadership ability that carr didnt have has given us 3-5. I say that 46 million or whatever it was would have been better spent on 2 or 3 needs. 5 td's and 7 int's after 8 games not very impressive and the numbers have been getting worse not better as the season goes along.

LMAO
Yeah, your Davey lit it up today against the Colts!

Vinny
10-28-2007, 06:48 PM
Schaub has been playing well and his stats show it (along with actually watching him play)...it's the play of the players around him and the coaching that has been so bad.

False Start
10-28-2007, 06:49 PM
The Jags v. Bucs game is a good one .

TexansSeminole
10-28-2007, 06:49 PM
I do think Vinny is right in the way we pick our team though. We followed the blueprint to be the "niiiicccccccce" guys of the NFL, etc. We had the talk that they took a guy like Nelson, the S from Florida off our board because of problems off the field. I don't want thugs but I want some attitude and somebody that when it comes game time they want to knock someones block off or put teams away. As I said last week I'm tired of week after week having that same lame press conference of "these are good kids, I'll slap them on the butt and send them on their way and prepare for next week." Someone needs to get pissed. Its time to go after players that can help us win now. I'm tired of "give 'nice guy' 3 years to grow."

Honestly. If I don't see someone from the Texans coaching staff or one of the players get fiery mad in a press conference I am going to beleive that this team just doesn't care very much. The whole team should be red hot after this game, but I doubt I will see any emotion from anyone. They will probably interview Anthony Weaver and he will say with his soft tone, "You know we just have to go out there and prepare."

RTP2110
10-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayne Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!!!!!

A street free agent was better than our #2 & #3 RBs on our roster.

TexansSeminole
10-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayne Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!!!!!

A street free agent was better than our #2 & #3 RBs on our roster.

What does that tell you about our personnel decisions.

houstonhurricane
10-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Time for a 99 yard TD pass...

Vinny
10-28-2007, 06:52 PM
LOL Rosenfels will throw 4 picks a game if you started him every game.

RTP2110
Sage INT...right into double coverage

houstonhurricane

Or how about another INT?

brakos82
10-28-2007, 06:53 PM

We could do a Kitna and knock something off the back wall when we're throwing :shades:

Buffi2
I stopped watching for the first time in 6 years and tune back in just in time for another interception and this time on the 7 yard line.

I honestly do not think this team can win another game this season if they continue to play like this.

houstonhurricane
We could do a Kitna and knock something off the back wall when we're throwing :shades:

At this point, it would have been worth the amusement...

Dread-Head
10-28-2007, 06:55 PM
If I wasn't on pain killers for my back I would be inhaling a bottle of saki right now.:gun:

Wolf
10-28-2007, 06:56 PM
I am watching a steven baldwin movie now instead of the Texans ..STEVEN FREAKING BALDWIN!! heck even alec baldwin movie would be an upgrade(not saying much beyond "hunt for red october")

"one bad cop" over a "another bad game"

weskurtz81
10-28-2007, 06:56 PM
I just really don't see why people would waste money to go to a Texans game, unless maybe they are playing Miami.... why waste a day to go to the stadium, pay cash, expensive food and drinks.... when I can just chill out the house and watch them suck.

All you booers.... just don't go to the games, the management will feel that is attendance goes down to nothing but the opposing teams fans.

False Start
10-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Well hell , I guess its time to turn on the radio and listen to people complain . :gun:

Maddict5
10-28-2007, 06:58 PM
classy norv

houstonhurricane
Well hell , I guess its time to turn on the radio and listen to people complain . :gun:

Well, that is the one bright spot of this beatdown...

TexansSeminole
I just really don't see why people would waste money to go to a Texans game, unless maybe they are playing Miami.... why waste a day to go to the stadium, pay cash, expensive food and drinks.... when I can just chill out the house and watch them suck.

All you booers.... just don't go to the games, the management will feel that is attendance goes down to nothing but the opposing teams fans.

I won't. I was actually planning on going to one in Reliant this year, but I don't think I am going to make the trip this year. I already went out to Jacksonville to watch our team get beat by 30 points by our division rival.

Dread-Head
10-28-2007, 07:00 PM

I would still go to Reliant. I still love the team despite today's humiliating loss.
Have some respect kid.

weskurtz81
10-28-2007, 07:01 PM
I won't. I was actually planning on going to one in Reliant this year, but I don't think I am going to make the trip this year. I already went out to Jacksonville to watch our team get beat by 30 points by our division rival.

I went to the Titans game, and don't think I will go back again until they can prove that it isn't a waste of money to go. I am just not going to pay to go watch people trample the Texans.... not my thing.

False Start
10-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Well, that is the one bright spot of this beatdown...

I guess you could say that . lol: . A lot of this going on ....... :deadhorse

HoustonFrog
10-28-2007, 07:02 PM

He was only a league leader in stats befor the last two games where injuried forced him out. We are getting behind the 8 ball before we even have a chance and he is still better than Carr with 10 career starts or whatever compared to 5 years. I mean how did Joe Gloves do today?He had an old man off the street beat him out for second string.

junior
10-28-2007, 07:09 PM
He was only a league leader in stats befor the last two games where injuried forced him out. We are getting behind the 8 ball before we even have a chance and he is still better than Carr with 10 career starts or whatever compared to 5 years. I mean how did Joe Gloves do today?He had an old man off the street beat him out for second string.

I never said who was or wasnt better it was in response to someone saying significant improvement. I still stand by what I said, is there improvement, yes, significant, no.

I said in the beginning of the year schaub should start good then when he starts to get hit and game film adds up on him we will see what happens, and it hasnt been good.

Since the first 2 wins, 1-5 2td's 6 int's and 7 fumbles.

So tell me where I am wrong.

Maddict5
10-28-2007, 07:16 PM
I never said who was or wasnt better it was in response to someone saying significant improvement. I still stand by what I said, is there improvement, yes, significant, no.

I said in the beginning of the year schaub should start good then when he starts to get hit and game film adds up on him we will see what happens, and it hasnt been good.

you're using stats instead of your eyes

Dread-Head
10-28-2007, 07:19 PM

I'm going to watch 60 minutes and have half a Bahn mi. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

junior
10-28-2007, 07:19 PM
you're using stats instead of your eyes

I apologize I will not let facts get into the way of my arguement again.

HoustonFrog
10-28-2007, 07:20 PM

Because your not watching the same games I am. I watch the pocket presence, etc and still am impressed despite what we are giving him. I never could say the same the last two years. I still like the way he plays and think he is a vastly better option than we had with his number of starts. He definitely isn't perfect but I don't see someone lost after years of playing and leading us to a dead end. Plus his stats were still pretty good going into the last two games..not just after the first two. Its the difference between knowing football and just looking at the small picture.

TexansSeminole
10-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Junior, have you completely forgotten that you are comparing a QB with AJ to throw to and a QB without AJ to throw to. You say "after two games" but that is also after our best offensive player/receiver/gamebreaker is injured. You must include that in your analysis.

junior
10-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Junior, have you completely forgotten that you are comparing a QB with AJ to throw to and a QB without AJ to throw to. You say "after two games" but that is also after our best offensive player/receiver/gamebreaker is injured. You must include that in your analysis.

absolutely, are right about that. that definitely goes into wins and td's but int's and fumbles thats doesnt.

still I have never said he isn't an improvement, my arguement is the degree of improvement. thats all.

I have said before that schaub is not that acurate as far as where he puts the ball, and I was told I should be kicked in the head, but he has shown a consitancy of throwing the balls high and low and behind the recievers. His best throw and his biggest improvement over Carr is his deep ball,is usually right on as well as the confidence the team has in him which is huge.

His biggest fault so far is he can't take the beating that Carr did which could be really bad since he is already beat up after 8 games. The constant hurting is what leads to the happy feet short passes and anticiation of getting hit. The way its going that might in his future unless the o-line can get things straight.

TexansSeminole
10-28-2007, 08:24 PM
absolutely, are right about that. that definitely goes into wins and td's but int's and fumbles thats doesnt.

still I have never said he isn't an improvement, my arguement is the degree of improvement. thats all.

His biggest fault so far is he can't take the beating that Carr did which could be really bad since he is already beat up after 8 games. The constant hurting is what leads to the happy feet short passes and anticiation of getting hit. The way its going that might in his future unless the o-line can get things straight.

I understand and respect your argument, I don't think Matt Schaub has played great either.

You have also got to take into account how many times Carr fell down and protected himself when he was hit. Schaub fights for everything. He takes hard hits because he is making plays as he is taking them. Carr would take a 5 yard sack by falling down in front of a lineman. Carr was also the king of "happy feet". When Carr took a snap it looked as if he was panicking the entire time. Schaub looks poised. The improvements are very evident, they shouldn't be hard to see.

Your point may be true about Carr being less prone to injury however.

I have said before that schaub is not that acurate as far as where he puts the ball, and I was told I should be kicked in the head, but he has shown a consitancy of throwing the balls high and low and behind the recievers. His best throw and his biggest improvement over Carr is his deep ball,is usually right on as well as the confidence the team has in him which is huge.

I'd say his biggest improvement over Carr is his ability to read the field. He finds alot more open targets than Carr did. His accuracy is also improved from Carr. Carr's throw never had touch. His throws were almost always bullet passes and he was always fighting to throw around people. Schaub's throw is very controlled and he knows how to take a little off and drop a pass in when needed. Carr apporoached every throw in the same way: throw it really hard and get it there really fast.

Overall, I think Schaub is playing fair but showing me that he can be a guy to build around. His arm looks good, even his deep ball which people were saying was his weakness I beleive. He reads defenses very quickly and finds the open man on many plays. I expect him to throw interceptions this year, but he has thrown more than I would have liked. The biggest problem I am seeing, as you mentioned, is fumbling. Sometimes it is almost impossible to prevent but it is something he needs to work on. I understand that it is his first season starting but ball security is something I would drill into this guy's head early. With that I think he can be a great quarterback.

NitroGSXR
10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Wrong-o! :bat:
D'oh!

dU! dU! DU!!!!

SheTexan
10-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Unintentional Bad Pun I'm sure, but funny nonetheless.

To bad be settled for asses! OOPS, I meant ashes!!:shades: :)

mridge01
10-29-2007, 11:01 AM
New Texans mascot:

http://blogs.cisco.com/news/cute-kitten.jpg