PDA

View Full Version : Andre Johnson

Andrew6
10-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Just wondering if there is any new word on when A.Johnson will be back? It seems everyone has just kinda quit talking about him coming back. Last I heard he was running and making cuts. Is there anyway he's ready for Sundays game?

Lucky
10-27-2007, 10:17 AM
AJ is out for the Chargers. But, he made progress in practice and Kubiak said Friday that Johnson will hopefully be back for the Raiders next week.

Andrew6
10-27-2007, 10:57 AM
hope he gets well soon.

TexansSeminole
10-27-2007, 11:12 AM
I think he will be out for next game too, or he will play a limited role next week anyway. Last week Jacoby didn't play his full role in his first game back last week, and he was out for less time. Kubiak will treat them similiarly I would think. Seems like Jacoby was more ready after that Jacksonville game than Andre seems to be right now. Maybe we will hear something during or after this football game in San Diego.

sakebomb
10-27-2007, 11:43 AM
It would be a mistake to play him next week. Just let him continue to build up strength and come back after the bye week.

Napa Auto Parts
10-27-2007, 01:46 PM
AJ should of gone straight to IR after his injury.

tulexan
10-27-2007, 02:03 PM
AJ should of gone straight to IR after his injury.

Why would we shelf him for the rest of the season if he can return? Especially since he got hurt in week two.

Napa Auto Parts
10-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Why would we shelf him for the rest of the season if he can return? Especially since he got hurt in week two.

i hate to sound like a pesimest but the season is over we might as well let AJ get completely healthy for next year and lock up another top 5 pick. we need a CB or a RB in the worst shape possible. and besides whats this like 17 straight game's AJ has missed:sarcasm:

bigbrewster2000
10-27-2007, 10:23 PM
i hate to sound like a pesimest but the season is over we might as well let AJ get completely healthy for next year and lock up another top 5 pick. we need a CB or a RB in the worst shape possible. and besides whats this like 17 straight game's AJ has missed:sarcasm:

What part of that post was sarcastic? The Last sentence? The whole thing?

b0ng
10-27-2007, 11:24 PM
i hate to sound like a pesimest but the season is over

So glad your keeping your faith until it's really over :rolleyes:

ObsiWan
10-27-2007, 11:39 PM

Why is the season over? There are nine games to go. We're 3-4. I still believe 8-8 or 9-7 is in our future.

Unless you're one of those people who would rather we not show up the rest of the season just to get a high pick.

tulexan
10-27-2007, 11:50 PM

So because it is impossible to go 13-3, our season is over? We still can have a very good season once Andre comes back. We probably won't make the playoffs, but that doesn't mean that we should just give up right now. Our team needs to create a culture of winning and we need every win that we can get regardless if it causes us to get a worse draft pick.

Also, there is also free agency, which means that we don't need a high pick to add quality players to our team.

GuerillaBlack
10-28-2007, 01:43 AM
And more wins would entice more players to want to come here.

Dread-Head
10-28-2007, 01:48 AM
AJ is out for the Chargers. But, he made progress in practice and Kubiak said Friday that Johnson will hopefully be back for the Raiders next week.

To quote a Paul Young song from the 80's "Why don't ya come back? Please Hurry. Why don't ya come back? Please hurry. Come back and stay...for...good...this time."

TheRealJoker
10-28-2007, 09:38 AM
How many games will we win when he gets back and how many games do you think we will win until we get AJ back?

Not saying he's the only problem, but he is a major piece of the puzzle. Losing Mckinney hurt as well but with AJ they've gotta gameplan for him and it gives a little bit of room for the running game to work when you've got a WR like AJ catching the ball. Personally, i'd like to see what Chris White/Kasey Studdard can do.

Marcus
10-28-2007, 09:57 AM
We won't win any games until he comes back....

...and of course will be all due to Kubiak's playcalling.:sarcasm:

Runner
10-28-2007, 10:10 AM
How about this:

If AJ comes back the game after the bye, who will be surprised?

Marcus
10-28-2007, 01:50 PM
How about this:

If AJ comes back the game after the bye, who will be surprised?

:BananaWav

the wonger need food
10-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Hopefully AJ will take the rest of the year off to heal. The rest of this season is about finding out who deserves to be here next year.

NitroGSXR
10-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Well... I don't know if my eyes were deceiving me yesterday but I believe that I saw someone state that this may be the end of Johnson's career.

Anyone else see that?

Vinny
10-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Well... I don't know if my eyes were deceiving me yesterday but I believe that I saw someone state that this may be the end of Johnson's career.

Anyone else see that?Who is "someone"? A Texans employee? Media? or some message board guy?

NitroGSXR
10-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Who is "someone"? A Texans employee? Media? or some message board guy?
Whoa! I'm sorry. ESPN. It was on Mike and Mike I believe?

TexansSeminole
10-28-2007, 05:46 PM

Anyone else see that?

And that's why he is walking around? Because it is a career ending injury.

Yankee_In_TX
10-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Well, as Biker Greg pointed out today, once AJ got hurt we TOTALLY changed our game planning/play calling and went away from what works.

I know I said AJ isn't "the answer," but if it means the coaches will stop the ridiculous play calling, we might win a game or two.

junior
10-28-2007, 08:09 PM
3 to 4 games. if he doesn't we can only hope for 3 but maybe only 2.

Andrew6
10-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Any new word on whether or not Andre Johnson will be playing this weekend?

TexansLucky13
10-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Hopefully not. Let him sit out until the Saints game. No reason to rush him back at this point.... it's not like we are playoff contenders.

Brandon420tx
10-31-2007, 10:16 PM
From AJs mouth

"...You want to be safe about it. I've got a lot of opinions about it and everybody has told me just wait until after the bye week. So that's the plan."

Per nfl.com. (my fantasy news), probably on some associated press report.

TexansLucky13
10-31-2007, 10:17 PM
From AJs mouth

Per nfl.com. (my fantasy news), probably on some associated press report.

Good. Let him sit and wait til he is 100%. Same with Schaub, Ahman and Daniels.

Andrew6
10-31-2007, 11:50 PM
I know we're not looking at trying to be play off contenders but hell i'd like to atleast be competitive. Seasons at the half way point and he's been out since the end of game 2 and we're going into game 9

Texans Horror
11-01-2007, 10:17 AM
I want them to be more competitive, too, but AJ's out with some kind of knee injury. I don't want him coming back too soon from that. Take whatever time is necessary. AJ's too important to the team to not give his recovery due diligence.

BigBull17
11-01-2007, 12:26 PM
I have a feeling he may be put on IR before its all said and done. Its just bizzare that a "slight sprain" has sat him out for this long. Something is fishy.

Leahmic223
11-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Well Kubiak says on the official site that depending on what happens tommorrow (I guess to see if he wakes up in pain or something else) that he could play this week.

cuppacoffee
11-01-2007, 04:52 PM
I have a feeling he may be put on IR before its all said and done. Its just bizzare that a "slight sprain" has sat him out for this long. Something is fishy.

Our medical staffs veracity has been compared to that of the former Iraqi defense minister.:fib

:coffee:

gtexan02
11-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Per the link on the tt home page, AJ is now 85% and could play Sunday if "he had to" He will definately be back by the NO game

BigBull17
11-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Ill believe hes gonna play when Vandameer says "rock and roll"

GuerillaBlack
11-01-2007, 05:02 PM
I'd rather rest AJ for this game. That'll give him two weeks of rest for the New Orleans game (especially since the Saints are playing better).

Runner
11-01-2007, 05:11 PM

Well Kubiak says on the official site that depending on what happens tommorrow (I guess to see if he wakes up in pain or something else) that he could play this week.

He won't be IR'd.

He won't play against Oakland.

He will play against New Orleans.

That's my opinion.

Texan_Bill
11-01-2007, 05:36 PM
The sports flash on 610 said that AJ had a full practice today, looked good and there is 'good' chance that he will play this Sunday... Obviously thats nothing official, I am just posting what I heard on the radio...

HoustonFrog
11-01-2007, 05:46 PM
The sports flash on 610 said that AJ had a full practice today, looked good and there is 'good' chance that he will play this Sunday... Obviously thats nothing official, I am just posting what I heard on the radio...

Hear that too. Oh well I traded him in fantasy already so I just hope he brings some wins to us.

Runner
11-01-2007, 05:47 PM

I heard that too and I almost laughed. They are really cranking up the rhetoric. I wonder who they think is listening?

Texan_Bill
11-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Now it was ".......both (Green) 'may be' able to go, Sunday"

I won't beleive anything until I see AJ line up and release from the LOS...

Texan_Bill
11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Now its "......more than likely both will play"

*yawn*

brakos82
11-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Ill believe hes gonna play when Vandameer says "rock and roll"

Rock and Roll!

:fans:

Texans Pride
11-01-2007, 08:44 PM
There is a video on the Texans home page and Kubes said there is a very good chance that AJ will play this Sunday. There is also another video that has AJ saying he will most likely play as well.

WE SHALL SEE!!!!

Yankee_In_TX
11-01-2007, 09:16 PM
We'll have to watch Lindsay's video tomorrow and see what Kubes says.

Joe Texan
11-01-2007, 10:27 PM
After Kubes praised the team for last weeks game I really could care less what he says. He needs to tick off the team somhow so they will play some football.

ubecool454
11-01-2007, 10:40 PM
There is a video on the Texans home page and Kubes said there is a very good chance that AJ will play this Sunday. There is also another video that has AJ saying he will most likely play as well.

WE SHALL SEE!!!!

Andre can have one of my knees, as long as he comes back.

ubecool454
11-01-2007, 10:42 PM
After Kubes praised the team for last weeks game I really could care less what he says. He needs to tick off the team somhow so they will play some football.

I played a lot of football in my day, you can't rush all injuries and the Texans got biten by the injury bug early on. We just have to be patient with it all. Better days ahead just keep the faith.

Leahmic223
11-02-2007, 01:54 AM
I think Kubiak wants him to play. While we may be ready to give up the season I don't think Kubes want to send that message to our players. Now for those saying "Wait until he's 100%" well after the first game he was never 100%. NFL players are nicked and banged up every week and perform at 75% with sore knees, elbows, shoulders, bruised ribs...you name it. I think if he's 80% he probably goes.

Which means if his knee is sore he probably goes. Demeco played with some injury last year that he kept to himself, we know what Mario did, point is most of the players on that field don't play at 100%. And when players say they are 100% what they mean is good enough to play.

Texan_Bill
11-02-2007, 03:42 PM

I heard that too and I almost laughed. They are really cranking up the rhetoric. I wonder who they think is listening?

Now it was ".......both (Green) 'may be' able to go, Sunday"

I won't beleive anything until I see AJ line up and release from the LOS...

Now its "......more than likely both will play"

*yawn*

WE SHALL SEE!!!!

Well now its....."Andre will NOT play until the Saints game"

Errant Hothy
11-02-2007, 03:43 PM
AJ not playing till the Saints game is probably a good thing, if you ask me; and yes I know that nobody asked me.

Texan_Bill
11-02-2007, 03:44 PM
AJ not playing till the Saints game is probably a good thing, if you ask me; and yes I know that nobody asked me.

Even if no one asked, I agree with you.

Texans_Chick
11-02-2007, 03:55 PM
I did not anticipate AJ playing this week.

The person I am interested in is Owen Daniels.

First it's high ankle sprain, not as bad as what he had in college.

Then it is no practice Wednesday.

Then limited practice Thursday.

Hmm.

Andre Davis playing with mashed up ribs is no small deal either. Try laying out for a pass or running down the field with messed up ribs.

infantrycak
11-02-2007, 04:01 PM
The person I am interested in is Owen Daniels.

From ESPN's injury report:

Comment: Rockets head coach Gary Kubiak said Daniels (ankle) "should be ready to go" Sunday against the Raiders, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Of course they have Kubiak as the Rockets coach but they got it from the Chronicle supposedly.

drewmar74
11-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Of course they have Kubiak as the Rockets coach but they got it from the Chronicle supposedly.

Man, I guess this explains the team's lack of focus and generally looking unprepared for games. Kubiak needs to make up his mind if he's going to coach the Rockets or the Texans because the Texans are obviously suffering from his split attention!

I mean, if I'm McNair, I'm making him choose one or the other!

:pepper:

Ole Miss Texan
11-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Don't shoot me but this may be a good week to pick up Oakland's Defense if yours is on a bye :)

At the beginning of the season I was looking forward to having a week 10 bye...that's great if you don't have injuries....but seeing how just about 75% of our starters have missed time due to injuries, it is not looking good at all. we really could have used an earlier bye week to help some players recoup. oh well, it was out of our hands.

As far as AJ coming back. I think when its a more serious injury like his that could essentially turn into a Domanic Davis type injury if he plays on it...should wait till the knee is 100%. You can play through sore ribs, etc even though it sucks but when your talking about a possibly career ending type of injury->its a good idea to wait

drewmar74
11-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Texan Bill made mention of this, but here's the skinny.

AJ is a no go for Oakland.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5268637.html

The Texans have decided that Pro Bowl receiver Andre Johnson will not play this weekend. Johnson is still recovering from a knee sprain he suffered in Week 2. He has been inactive the past six weeks.

Coach Gary Kubiak said that Andre Johnson will play when the Texans return to the field on Nov. 18 against New Orleans. The Texans do not have a game next Sunday.

"He will not play until we come back against New Orleans," coach Gary Kubiak said.

So we'll trot out a beat up Andre Davis, David Anderson, K-Dub, and a roughed up Jacoby Jones?

This has been a wild season.

Can we start over? Maybe start over six or eight weeks before the season with a whole new strength and conditioning program as well as an all new training staff?

Can we wrap all of our starters in bubble wrap?

Can we just do SOMETHING! :wild:

Runner
11-02-2007, 06:15 PM

I tried to give everyone the scoop on that so they wouldn't get their hopes up, but Kubiak's optimism was too contagious.

This is it though - he'll play against the Saints.

Vinny
11-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Everyone I talked to that had connections or that were close to the team told me he wasn't going to start till the Saints game (and knew from day 1 that Andre was going to be down for half the season or so)...donno why the Texans FO keeps playing these games.

nunusguy
11-02-2007, 06:54 PM
AJ would appear to be the only "cause celebre" on the whole team, and he hasn't played a snap, been on the field for how long, 6 games ?

GlassHalfFull
11-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Time to bring this thread back to the front as it looks like we will be seeing him this weekend.

Fun story in the chronicle by Megan Manfull this morning (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5306613.html)

Andre Johnson felt uncomfortable before practice Thursday, but fortunately it had nothing to do with his knee. Johnson, who will start this week, was hurting because of a bet he lost to Matt Schaub.

Schaub bet Johnson that if Virginia beat Johnson's Miami Hurricanes last Saturday, Johnson would have to wear Cavaliers gear. If the Hurricanes won, Schaub would don Hurricanes clothes all week.

Virginia won 48-0, and on Thursday, Johnson wore a Virginia T-shirt and sweatpants — one of many pieces of clothing Schaub gave him.

"It's very bothersome," Johnson said. "I don't feel comfortable in it. I hate coming in here putting this on every morning.

"Every time I walk in the cafeteria every morning all the guys are like, 'Hey man, how long do you have to wear it?' And I tell them a week every day, and they're going to ask me the same question over and over."

Welcome back Andre :texflag: :fans:

Ryan
11-16-2007, 06:01 PM
i'm excited to see him play

I never really appreciated his true impact until i saw what our offense was without him.

Go Andre:fans:

powerfuldragon
11-19-2007, 10:17 AM
AFAIK, Andre Johnson is the coolest mothershutyourmouth in the world.

powerfuldragon
11-19-2007, 10:26 AM
“Just his presence on the team is unbelievable. You could feel it in the stadium when Andre Johnson is on the field. It was important and very hard for us as coaches, to not only have him, but to make sure we only played him for about 35 or 40 plays. It would have been easy to play him the whole game. I think we accomplished that. He’s the heart and soul of this franchise, not just this team. That’s what he means to everybody. To you guys, to me, the locker room. We all know that. He’s fought the good fight for a long, long time, so it was good to see him play well today.”:texflag:

GlassHalfFull
11-19-2007, 10:31 AM
They announced to offense yesterday at the stadium, the announcer does the first name and the crowd is supposed to yell the last name. We were basically just screaming when Andre came out. I don't think anyone bothered to yell Johnson - it was a great welcome back celebration.

brakos82
11-19-2007, 06:14 PM
They announced to offense yesterday at the stadium, the announcer does the first name and the crowd is supposed to yell the last name. We were basically just screaming when Andre came out. I don't think anyone bothered to yell Johnson - it was a great welcome back celebration.
I think I could hear you clear to Pasadena if it weren't for I-45.

Ole Miss Texan
11-19-2007, 07:15 PM

I'm not a big fan of the announcer saying the first name and the fans saying the last name....It usually sounds pretty week to me. I think it should be both the announcer and fans say their whole names together.

BigBull17
11-19-2007, 11:49 PM
This is a guy who if you prorate what he has done over a whole season. (Fair to do IMO) He is close to Moss and TO in tds. Those guys are out of their minds and he would be in the think of it with them. He makes everything ok. He was why our running game clicked yesterday. He alone opened up a few lanes. He would be an MVP canidate if he had been there all year. We would be at least 6-4 now, if not better. Hes a freak and Im so glad hes a Texan for the rest of his career.

:texflag: