PDA

View Full Version : Gado gets picked up by Dolphins

Texans34Life
10-25-2007, 10:36 PM
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=4730801&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1

Running back Samkon Gado, released Tuesday by the Houston Texans, told FOX 26 Sports Wednesday he has been claimed on waivers by the Miami Dolphins.

"It means a lot," Gado said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "In our profession what a player wants to know the most is, does he have value to a team. So being picked up on waivers rather than becoming a free agent is a big deal."

Though he's happy with being picked up, Gado still regrets leaving the Texans.

"I have mixed emotions because everything happened so fast," Gado said. "This is very difficult. I really felt I could have helped the team and coach (Gary) Kubiak. I really bought into his vision."

drewmar74
10-25-2007, 10:45 PM
"This is very difficult. I really felt I could have helped the team..."

No kidding. We're really going to miss that 1 or 2 yards per carry.

I really shouldn't be so crass, I suppose. His MCAT story was some good press for the organization back in training camp. So God bless, Samkon, and I hope you do well in the medical field.

Sorry Kastofna, that offense continues to look progressively more and more lame....

D-ReK
10-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Good for him. These NFL checks have to be going a long way towards paying for his medical school.

kastofsna
10-25-2007, 11:09 PM
i'm so giddy about this signing.

drewmar74
10-25-2007, 11:12 PM
i'm so giddy about this signing.

From Ronnie Brown to Samkon Gado.

Ouch.

I really meant it when I said "sorry."

kastofsna
10-25-2007, 11:18 PM
well, Gado is a backup. Chatman will start and get most of the carries.

eriadoc
10-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Just for kicks and giggles, let's play What If.

What if Gado gets in a couple games due to whatever, and has a couple big 100+ yard games like he did for GB a couple years ago?

I'm not a Gado fan, just thinking aloud.

Runner
10-26-2007, 12:06 AM

What if Gado gets in a couple games due to whatever, and has a couple big 100+ yard games like he did for GB a couple years ago?

That would tell us something about something, that's for sure. If it happens we can have a lively debate.

kastofsna
10-26-2007, 12:31 AM
it'd be a lot like Phillip Buchanon, who's really awesome with the Bucs.

Blazing Arrow
10-26-2007, 01:55 AM
Did Gado really ever get a break with the Texans O-line?

I know ... I know run protection vs passs protection are two differnt things but your line sucks across the board. It is getting better but last weak Shammy was a tackling dummy ...

kiwitexansfan
10-26-2007, 02:08 AM
it'd be a lot like Phillip Buchanon, who's really awesome with the Bucs.

It's all about the system, I was a huge P-Buc advocate while he was here, he just didn't suit the system in my opinion.

Gado might find he is the perfect fit down in Miami, it would surprise the heck out of me but it could happen.

kastofsna
10-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Buchanon doesn't fit the Bucs system, need to be able to cover well and tackle well. well, he didn't fit that before, but now he looks perfect.

drewmar74
10-26-2007, 10:27 AM
well, Gado is a backup. Chatman will start and get most of the carries.

Understood.

My comment was shorthand for how frustrating this season must be for you guys.

On paper you guys went into the season with a new offensive-minded HC, a heady veteran QB who might be productive if you could protect him, a good RB, some decent WR's, and an aging but productive defense.

I don't think anyone was thinking playoffs [cue footage of Jim Mora's playoff rant], especially not in the AFC, but maybe a "not-terrible" season was on the horizon.

Well, Trent Green goes down like a rag doll in Reliant. Ronnie Brown (who was having a monster season) blows out his knee in a big loss to the Evil Empire. Chambers gets traded. Zach Thomas is missing games by getting his bell rung. Jason Taylor is starting to show some signs of age and the whole package is sitting at 0-7.

Next thing you know you've got Cleo Lemon (who's not done too badly, heck, I'd EASILY take him over Tarvaris Jackson) and Jesse Chatman with Samkon Gado backing him up.

My statements were less snickering at getting Samkon Gado and more about how frustrating it must be to be at week 8 in the season and hoping that the Rams might win a game so you can draft Glenn Dorsey. That must absolutely suck.

What sucks worse is I can relate....

kastofsna
10-26-2007, 10:37 AM
well i didn't realistically expect much, with all the rookies on offense that we'll be seeing soon (Beck, Ginn, Booker, Satele, Mormino, and other young guys in Alabi, Toledo), so the future is bright for the offense. defense? not so much. Jason Allen is a bust, he's awful, he never sees the field and when he does he's terrible, and any recent defensive pick isn't panning out so well. Channing Crowder is just a body. Matt Roth is the exception, he's pretty good.

looking forward to seeing the offense progress with Cameron, it's already a lot better than the past 4-5 years.

also, Zach Thomas will miss the London game because of a whiplash he had in a car crash after the Patriots game. great. go rams.

smokeshow
10-26-2007, 01:33 PM
But he cant go to London (http://www.sportsultra.com/nfl/player/samkon_gado/813/news.jsp?cp=f&a=25&track=titlebox&atype=5)with the team because he doesnt have time to get a VISA

kastofsna
10-26-2007, 01:39 PM
greeattt.

GlassHalfFull
10-26-2007, 01:42 PM
But he cant go to London (http://www.sportsultra.com/nfl/player/samkon_gado/813/news.jsp?cp=f&a=25&track=titlebox&atype=5)with the team because he doesnt have time to get a VISA

Since when do you need a VISA to go to London? Passports can be obtained in 24 hours.

Texan_Bill
10-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Maybe they need a work visa?

kastofsna
10-26-2007, 03:09 PM
maybe it's just Cameron's excuse to leave him in Miami.

TexansSeminole
10-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Matt Roth is the exception, he's pretty good.

I think he is damn good. Like I said before I think ya'll could use another D lineman to replace Jason Taylor and complement Matt Roth. Cause Roth is a beast IMO.

AnthonyE
10-26-2007, 05:04 PM

Then it'll be like every other Houston pro sports move.

ie: Morgan Ensberg

kastofsna
10-26-2007, 05:56 PM
i'm still bitter bout the Rays trading Brandon Backe to the stros for Geoff Blum

shawn76ers
10-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Did gado get picked up by the dolphins ...i heard something about it on the radio?
does anyone know anything about this?

texflex513
10-27-2007, 10:35 PM
yes he did check the football talk section of the forum.

prostock101
10-28-2007, 12:38 AM
I never heard management explain why he was released. It's not like we had anyone better to replace him with. Was it ever explained?

The Pencil Neck
10-28-2007, 01:58 AM
I never heard management explain why he was released. It's not like we had anyone better to replace him with. Was it ever explained?

Well, we released him and then we pulled up a guy from our practice squad. So... apparently the coaching staff thought we had someone better to replace him.

I was really hoping Gado was going to play well this year.

rickyb
10-28-2007, 01:12 PM
i'm still bitter bout the Rays trading Brandon Backe to the stros for Geoff Blum

K,

So do I infer then that your 2 pro baseball teams are the Rays and the Astros? Ouch. Hey, I'm kidding.

But back to football.

I have mixed feelings about the P-Buc thing. That little voice inside of me says that if P-Buc were more of a professional, he would have done well here. I have nothing to back that up. It's just a feeling. I mean, if the man has skills in Tampa...after all, CB is a man on an island, as it were. You cover, or you don't.

FILO_girl
10-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Thank you for your time here, Samkon. It was appreciated...

Good luck with the Fish... :shades:

kastofsna
10-28-2007, 04:08 PM
K,

So do I infer then that your 2 pro baseball teams are the Rays and the Astros? Ouch. Hey, I'm kidding.
nope, just the Rays. sucked to see Backe pitching in the world series. brutal