PDA

View Full Version : Amobi Okoye: Rookie Watch List

dalonestartitan
10-25-2007, 08:19 PM
It would be cool if Amobi could win defensive rookie of the year from the DT spot, then we would have two DROY in a row.

http://www.footballgameplan.com/nfl-rookie-watch-d/

Get to Rivers:bat:

Ole Miss Texan
10-25-2007, 08:24 PM
That would be awesome if he wins it. Patrick Willis is playing as good as Demeco did last year though....and Aaron Ross ...everytime i tune into a giants game seems like he's returning an interception! haha

dalonestartitan
10-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah Willis is a straight beast. And to be honest, I was hoping we drafted him.

Imagine having Demeco and Willis. But Amobi has truly earned his keep. And I love the pick. The kid is a fighter, and he'll be able to play for 22 year:)

nero THE zero
10-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Amobi won't win it but he's valuable none-the-less.

Him and Mario are extremely young. As we fill in the pieces around them and they grow and mature together they should be a forceful duo for years to come.

Ole Miss Texan
10-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Amobi won't win it but he's valuable none-the-less.

Him and Mario are extremely young. As we fill in the pieces around them and they grow and mature together they should be a forceful duo for years to come.

OMG i know...it's so exciting to think about. TJ is finally developing into a player too, He's been impressive. I really thought Amobi would be mediocre this season and start doing better next season...He has REALLY exceeded my expectations!!

nero THE zero
10-25-2007, 10:21 PM
OMG i know...it's so exciting to think about. TJ is finally developing into a player too, He's been impressive. I really thought Amobi would be mediocre this season and start doing better next season...He has REALLY exceeded my expectations!!

Yea me too. I bought into the whole "undersized" schtick. It might still be true to a certain extent but it hasn't stopped him from producing. I really feel like if we could find a big fat body to stick at NT and a speed rusher for passing downs our DLine could live up to its potential.

Ole Miss Texan
10-26-2007, 10:00 AM
at this point i'm not sure if amobi or willis would be more valuable to us. tackles stats are nice and all, but that doesn't mean you or your team are playing well...and to be completely honest i don't watch 49ers games so i can't really judge between them.

I've watched a couple 9'ers games to keep an eye on Willis. He's pretty much playing like Demeco did last year. He is all over the field making plays, perfect wrap up tackles, pressuring the QB, etc. He looks a lot faster than I thought he'd be.

Texans Horror
10-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Amobi is one of the best first-round picks the Texans have made, right up next to AJ. In another year or two he is going to become such a dominating DT it's going to be insane.