PDA

View Full Version : If the game is played in Houston?

gtexan02
10-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Will you treat it as a home game, or respect the schedule and the Chargers and try to make the stadium as neutral as possible?

I can see it both ways.

On one hand, I would want to cheer for the Texans because a win in the NFL is tough to get. Any advantage can help. Its also tough to keep yourself from cheering if theres a paritcularly great play.

On the other hand, things like being noisy during the other teams offensive series just seem like kicking someone when they are down. The Chargers didn't want to have the game moved. Many of them and many of their families are probably negatively effected by this whole thing.

Anyway, the game may not even be in Houstno. But if it is, andyou go, what will you do?

Ole Miss Texan
10-25-2007, 12:48 PM
My heart would definitly go out to all the players, families, and people of San Diego that are effected by this...but as a Texan fan I would cheer like usual.

Supposedly it could be held at the Cardinals Stadium if they must move it. I believe thats where they are practicing.

Yankee_In_TX
10-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Umm, cheer for the Texans, hands down easy decision?

WWJD
10-25-2007, 12:51 PM
The Cardinals stadium is occupied for the weekend. Motorcycle event I believe. I think it's been narrowed to the Chargers Stadium, Texas Stadium and last resort Reliant but from all I've read the Chargers don't want to come to Houston.

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 12:53 PM
The Cardinals stadium is occupied for the weekend. Motorcycle event I believe. I think it's been narrowed to the Chargers Stadium, Texas Stadium and last resort Reliant but from all I've read the Chargers don't want to come to Houston.

Thats correct, some international motorcycle show... of course that was all covered in the 11 or 12 page thread.

gtexan02
10-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Personally I would be a little offended at fans cheering like usual if the game were played in Houston. Cheer for good plays like you were watching the game on TV, but cheering just to give yourself an advantage, one that you weren't supposed to have in the first place, would be something I would consider cheating.

No team is supposed to get 9 home games, so treating it as one seems a little unfair. And disrespectful to SD

TexansLucky13
10-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Personally I would be a little offended at fans cheering like usual if the game were played in Houston. Cheer for good plays like you were watching the game on TV, but cheering just to give yourself an advantage, one that you weren't supposed to have in the first place, would be something I would consider cheating.

No team is supposed to get 9 home games, so treating it as one seems a little unfair. And disrespectful to SD

I don't see why it is such a big deal. What about the Giants Dolphins game that is held in London? That's not fair to the "home team".

It is kindof a moot point, though. Everyone on here knows they are gunna get loud every time our defense makes a stand.... why fight it?

YellerLotYeller
10-25-2007, 01:08 PM
If it's played in our house.....it's a home game plain and simple. I will not feel bad AT ALL for yelling my ass off! If the shoe was on the other foot, do you think anyone would feel bad about getting an extra home game?

Joe Texan
10-25-2007, 01:10 PM
I am cheering for the Texans right now and I aint gonna change.

I would open my home for some visiting fans though

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 01:14 PM

*goes to wipe sleep from eyes*... Nope, I read it correctly..

WTH are you talking about?!?! Chargers fans think you are way off base...

HoustonFrog
10-25-2007, 01:16 PM
My heart would definitly go out to all the players, families, and people of San Diego that are effected by this...but as a Texan fan I would cheer like usual.

Supposedly it could be held at the Cardinals Stadium if they must move it. I believe thats where they are practicing.

Actually I think the #1 place being looked at is Texas Stadium. Dallas has a bye and it is still a neutral field. JJ has alot of pull and they already have everything in place. I think it being held here wouldn't work. There was too much drama calling the Meadowlands "homefield" for the Saints after Katrina so I don't see this working.

Double Barrel
10-25-2007, 01:19 PM
If I could make it to the game, I'd don my Texans jersey and hardhat and lose my voice like I do at every Texans game.

tulexan
10-25-2007, 01:20 PM
I didn't see many Giants fans rooting for the Saints when they played in New York and that was an even more traumatic experience. These players are adults and won't be offended if Texans fans are rooting for the Texans.

powerfuldragon
10-25-2007, 01:24 PM
if it's at reliant, it'll be loud when our O is on the field.

TexansSeminole
10-25-2007, 01:25 PM
I thought that Sun Devil stadium was maybe the site? I heard that the Chargers team was going to fly out to Tempe, Arizona. Is that just for practice or is that not even true?

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 01:28 PM
I thought that Sun Devil stadium was maybe the site? I heard that the Chargers team was going to fly out to Tempe, Arizona. Is that just for practice or is that not even true?

Currently the Chargers are 'borrowing' the Cardinals (who have a bye, this week) practice facilities, but Sun Devil was ruled out and University of Pheonix Stadium has an event scheduled this weekend... So Pheonix (at this point) is not an option.

Yankee_In_TX
10-25-2007, 01:28 PM

All NON NFL stadiums were eliminated a day ago.

*oops, edit*

HoustonFrog
10-25-2007, 01:32 PM

TB covered it. The last rumor I heard was my Texas Stadium one I mentioned above. That was this morning. One of the issues was HD replays. Not kidding. So that has to be compatible and I believe the college stadiums they looked at couldn't handle it.

TexansSeminole
10-25-2007, 01:33 PM
True, thanks guys...and keep updating please.

Andrew6
10-25-2007, 01:33 PM
if it's at reliant, it'll be loud when our O is on the field.

LOL that is VERRRRRY TRUE. I am not sure if people realize when the Offense is on the field you're suppose to be quite. Or it could be everyones just really drunk and wants to yell.

Carr Bombed
10-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Or it could be everyones just really drunk and wants to yell.

That is what Texans do best! :cowboy1:

Andrew6
10-25-2007, 01:37 PM
That is what Texans do best! :cowboy1:

no doubt, but we need some SMART drunk Texans

Yankee_In_TX
10-25-2007, 01:38 PM
no doubt, but we need some SMART drunk Texans

Oxymoron?

Andrew6
10-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Oxymoron?

:: sigh :: it was worth a try. Ok folks when you see the Texans with the ball be quite. If you see the other team with the ball yell VERY LOUD.

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Oxymoron?

Not really, he just forgot the a$$es after 'smart'...

Andrew6
10-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Not really, he just forgot the a$$es after 'smart'...

lol I'd figured we'd already had those

shinerbock_girl
10-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Well i hope the game will be in Houston, but not Dallas....I was talking to Hobie about this and we said why not play in SA??? SA fans would embrace the Texans, they did the Saints, and also a good way for the Texans to make a name for themselves in SA...PPL here remember getting to go to a rare football game....And besides, its closer to Houston then Dallas...More fans here then Dallas.Besides that, hell they let you in the gates at 7am tailgating....lol...Thats what time we started.....

YellerLotYeller
10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Besides that, hell they let you in the gates at 7am tailgating....lol...Thats what time we started.....

:drool:

Yankee_In_TX
10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Well i hope the game will be in Houston, but not Dallas....I was talking to Hobie about this and we said why not play in SA??? SA fans would embrace the Texans, they did the Saints, and also a good way for the Texans to make a name for themselves in SA...PPL here remember getting to go to a rare football game....And besides, its closer to Houston then Dallas...More fans here then Dallas.Besides that, hell they let you in the gates at 7am tailgating....lol...Thats what time we started.....

No NFL facility.

Texans_Chick
10-25-2007, 02:20 PM
I think it should be held in Houston. Why?

Because to call Texas stadium a dump would be an insult to landfills and turds.

They could make more money in Houston

Bob McNair gave more than any NFL owner to the Katrina relief effort. If things were staged here, I am guess they could put some fundraising together to help folks in the Southern California area.

And well, I'd like to have another home game.

Porky
10-25-2007, 02:23 PM

Bob McNair gave more than any NFL owner to the Katrina relief effort. If things were staged here, I am guess they could put some fundraising together to help folks in the Southern California area.

As long as the normal blackout rules don't apply, I'm ok with that. But, if the game doesn't sell out and they don't put the game on local TV, then I'll be ticked.

shinerbock_girl
10-25-2007, 02:28 PM

It would make sense to have it in Houston...Is it because they are concerned about home field advantage for the Texans when its a charger home game??? Otherwise it doesn't make sense to me why not have it in Houston????

Andrew6
10-25-2007, 02:30 PM
lets keep our players from getting any more injuried and just have our best player verses theres in a game of paper / rock / scissors

Texans Pride
10-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Heck ya I would cheer. . . When I go to an away game and see the Texans play, I cheer there too. The only difference is, we would have a fwe more "visiting fans" with us to make is louder.

ubecool454
10-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Ok I promise if they have the game in houston to cheer the chargers when they are introduced on the field. I promise not hate on them like I did the Titans, Jags, and Colts. I promise not to wear any of my Texans Jerseys if they only have that damn game here.:texflag:

Texan_Bill
10-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Ok I promise if they have the game in houston to cheer the chargers when they are introduced on the field. I promise not hate on them like I did the Titans, Jags, and Colts. I promise not to wear any of my Texans Jerseys if they only have that damn game here.:texflag:

^^^^^^^^^^^Dripping, sopping full of :sarcasm: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nice!!

I would do the do the same!!!! :rolleyes:

ubecool454
10-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Texas stadium is a NFL stadium? The game should just be held here..because the good thing about houston texas is....Its not dallas.:cowboy1:

powerfuldragon
10-26-2007, 09:22 AM

Hear, hear.
http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/store/assets/images/product/frovar/frovar_lg.jpg