PDA

View Full Version : Dominic Rhodes

drewmar74
10-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Bear in mind, this is PFT for the source, but anyhoo....

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

"A league source tells Pro Football Talk that the Oakland Raiders are contemplating the possibility of releasing running back Dominic Rhodes. Over the weekend, Jay Glazer of FOX reported that Rhodes had been available via trade. If Rhodes is released, he will be required to first pass through waivers. If he clears waivers, he will be an unrestricted free agent."

Ole Miss Texan
10-25-2007, 12:50 PM
bring him in.

texasguy346
10-25-2007, 12:54 PM
I doubt they just let him go. I'm thinking he got a pretty good contract from Oakland, and I don't think they're going to cut him loose for nothing at this point. However, if he does become available then I'd be all for bringing him in & seeing what he can do.

gtexan02
10-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I think Indy has shown that the quality of running back they have is meaningless.

Edge did incredible in Indy and hasn't performed at that level again yet

Addai has done great in Indy since day 1
Some guy named Kenton Keith is now doing very well

When you've got a QB like Manning, defenses have to give you at least 4ypc.

I bet Rhodes doesnt live up to the hype

That being said, I bet he's better than what we've got and owuld definiately give him a shot

SheTexan
10-25-2007, 01:08 PM
That would be like another PBuc trade!! Leave it alone!! Once is enough!!

texasguy346
10-25-2007, 01:11 PM
That would be like another PBuc trade!! Leave it alone!! Once is enough!!

I'm not suggesting we trade for him. I'd be in favor of picking him up if the Raiders were just to cut him loose, although I'd think that would be pretty unlikely at this point.

From what I've seen of him he looks to be a pretty good 3rd down type RB. Plus I think he's got experience returning kicks.

kastofsna
10-25-2007, 01:35 PM
if a guy with that contract is released at this point in the season, that's just not a good sign for him.

The1ApplePie
10-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Who though Son of Huggie Bear would turn into a decent back?

SoHB is a good backup, and Jordan is the starter, making Rhodes an expensive (and drunk) 3rd string back