PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Game to be played as scheduled

Pages : 1 [2]

dskillz
10-25-2007, 02:49 PM
I agree, this is total BS that a decision has not been made yet. Not only does it hurt the players and coaches and the teams in order to prep things for travel but it is leaving the fans twisting in the damn wind.

How freakin stupid to leave fans just hanging like this.

I can wait, the mayor is dealing with bigger things that the game right now. I can understand if his priorities are in a different place.

hollywood_texan
10-25-2007, 02:49 PM
I agree, this is total BS that a decision has not been made yet. Not only does it hurt the players and coaches and the teams in order to prep things for travel but it is leaving the fans twisting in the damn wind.

I have tickets and plans to go to the game. They aren't leaving me hanging.

Teams usually travel on Friday. They are professionals, what does it matter to them in preparation for the game where the plane is headed tomorrow.

I really don't see the big deal as long as the decision is made today or by earlier tomorrow morning.

Brando
10-25-2007, 02:50 PM

QFT.

Very frustrating.

Yankee_In_TX
10-25-2007, 02:51 PM
I have tickets and plans to go to the game. They aren't leaving me hanging.

Teams usually travel on Friday. They are professionals, what does it matter to them in preparation for the game where the plane is headed tomorrow.

I really don't see the big deal as long as the decision is made today or by earlier tomorrow morning.

Game prep has a very specific schedule. Teams (on a day by day basis) prepare differently for a Sunday game than a Monday game.

Brando
10-25-2007, 02:53 PM
I can wait, the mayor is dealing with bigger things that the game right now. I can understand if his priorities are in a different place.

That's why they should have moved the game to another location already since he is dealing with bigger issues. Announce it, be done with it and deal with the bigger issues.

JMO:)

YellerLotYeller
10-25-2007, 02:53 PM
My buddy at Camp Pendalton says it looks like MNF in San Diego......are we gonna be able to see it on TV or what?

ActualTexan
10-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Arizona is now officially out...it will be in Texas or SD.

Yankee_In_TX
10-25-2007, 02:54 PM
My buddy at Camp Pendalton says it looks like MNF in San Diego......are we gonna be able to see it on TV or what?

That may be a problem. Maybe there's the dog olympics on ESPN2 and they can bump it.

Due to ratings issues, I doubt a local affiliate would be allowed to drop prime time shows to show the game

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 02:56 PM

Probably wont know that UNTIL SOMEONE MAKES AN OFFICIAL DECISION!!! , but since they won't know, we are left hanging...

hollywood_texan
10-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Game prep has a very specific schedule. Teams (on a day by day basis) prepare differently for a Sunday game than a Monday game.

I don't see any issue. The Texans get on a plane tomorrow to go somewhere. What is the big deal?

If they move it to Monday, the teams get an extra day. What is the big deal?

As long as the decision is made today or by earlier tomorrow morning, it's fine.

These guys are higly compensated professionals.

Probably wont know that UNTIL SOMEONE MAKES AN OFFICIAL DECISION!!! , but since they won't know, we are left hanging...

Is it even possible you could go to the game at one of sites that are even rumored? You seem to be taking this so personal. Maybe it's your TV schedule you are worried about?

I can do San Diego Sunday or Monday. I have my tickets and arrangements in order for what comes for those days. It doesn't bother me they are taking their time to get it right. I have been looking forward to this game since the schedule came out...

Errant Hothy
10-25-2007, 03:06 PM
I still think nobody is considering the air quality issue, much less the fact that all the fires will still be going.

hollywood_texan
10-25-2007, 03:07 PM
I live and work in Hollywood, and there is a big difference in the air quality here the last few days.

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Is it even possible you could go to the game at one of sites that are even rumored? You seem to be taking this so personal.

San Diego - no (obviously) Dallas or here? It's not a possibility - its a given...

With that said, my comments were about televising the game if it were SD on Monday night. I would assume that they 'would' televise it, but we dont know for sure, because nothing has been announced. Thats the point. No one has committed to anything, so fans such as myself, dont even know if we should head out to a bar Monday night, watch at home - whatever.

Personally?? Ummm yeah. Thats what a die-hard fan does.

Texans_Chick
10-25-2007, 03:15 PM
I live and work in Hollywood, and there is a big difference in the air quality here the last few days.

The air quality is a factor for the players (especially guys like Ahman who have asthma), and for the fans who would also be outside.

At this late date, the only places that might make sense are Reliant or San Diego.

Tedc
10-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Is it even possible you could go to the game at one of sites that are even rumored? You seem to be taking this so personal. Maybe it's your TV schedule you are worried about?

I could go to either of the locations but with the slow decisions on this issue, I can't see it happening now. It is frustrating.

hollywood_texan
10-25-2007, 03:19 PM
San Diego - no (obviously) Dallas or here? It's not a possibility - its a given...

With that said, my comments were about televising the game if it were SD on Monday night. I would assume that they 'would' televise it, but we dont know for sure, because nothing has been announced. Thats the point. No one has committed to anything, so fans such as myself, dont even know if we should head out to a bar Monday night, watch at home - whatever.

Personally?? Ummm yeah. Thats what a die-hard fan does.

I just don't understand why you have know this very minute when the game is shown on TV.

I just don't see that as a bigger deal than trying to accomodate the fans actually going to the game that have scheduled things months in advance and were looking forward to seeing the game in person.

hollywood_texan
10-25-2007, 03:21 PM
I could go to either of the locations but with the slow decisions on this issue, I can't see it happening now. It is frustrating.

What about the people that already have plans set for San Diego?

There are more of us than you guys.

Which is my point.

I am going to the game and ready for the bar car on Amtrak...

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 03:23 PM
I just don't understand why you have know this very minute when the game is shown on TV.

I just don't see that as a bigger deal than trying to accomodate the fans actually going to the game that have scheduled things months in advance and were looking forward to seeing the game in person.

I just dont understand why you are worried about why I need to know..

But, I will bite: If the game is Monday, I would like to tell the folks at my office that I will be leaving early Monday... I would rather tell them SOONER rather than LATER! (stupid little professional courtesy thing).

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 03:25 PM
What about the people that already have plans set for San Diego?

There are more of us than you guys.

Which is my point.

I am going to the game and ready for the bar car on Amtrak...

Dude, you are broken freakin record.. If its in San Diego GREAT, enjoy the effin game. We (I'm pretty sure I speak for many) dont care that you are going. We dont care that you are cool whether its SUnday or MOnday... AWESOME!!!! Many of us want to figure out where and when WE can see the game..

hollywood_texan
10-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Dude, you are broken freakin record.. If its in San Diego GREAT, enjoy the effin game. We (I'm pretty sure I speak for many) dont care that you are going. We dont care that you are cool whether its SUnday or MOnday... AWESOME!!!! Many of us want to figure out where and when WE can see the game..

Get over yourself. You are just as repititive!

Have fun sitting on the couch and eating bon and bons with your panties in a wad.

It's very clear you only care about yourself or have some personally issue with me.

It's probably both and has something to do with being an Aggie as well!

hollywood_texan
10-25-2007, 03:32 PM
But, I will bite: If the game is Monday, I would like to tell the folks at my office that I will be leaving early Monday... I would rather tell them SOONER rather than LATER! (stupid little professional courtesy thing).

So, I guess your need to know supersedes my plans and others to see the game in person if it can be worked out.

Your just self-centered.

Have fun at the office!

TD
10-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Isn't it great how all of us come together in the face of adversity? :cool:

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 03:38 PM

Have fun sitting on the couch and eating bon and bons with your panties in a wad.

It's very clear you only care about yourself or have some personally issue with me.

I actually had no personal issue with you. We share a pretty good mutual friend in fact.

No one has been badgering you. You have been badgering others who want something as simple as a freakin answer or decision. We just want answers, what do you not understand or why cant you have empathy for that?

I give up.. I just reminded myself of the definition for insanity....

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 03:39 PM
So, I guess your need to know supersedes my plans and others to see the game in person if it can be worked out.

Your just self-centered.

Have fun at the office!

Dude show me one post where I said anyone's needs superceded anyone elses. Thats plum dumb!!

Anyway dude, buy a new hat, get a hair cut, leave the 80's and join us in 2007...

spurstexanstros
10-25-2007, 03:47 PM
The game would NEVER have been in SA because the Alamo Dome is not an NFL ready facility. The NFL spent alot of meoney this off season to get HD equipment in all of it's venues for instant reply. Same reason the game would never have been moved to LA.

The options are SD, Dallas or Houston.

It better not be Dallas, that would be a slap in the face to us Texans fans, as well as the Chargers. Everyone knows that Dallas is part of Arkansas and I wouldnt send my worst enemy there.

ActualTexan
10-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Perhaps it would be helpful to know that both teams have now acknowledged they are completely ready to play wherever and whenever the commish says. And that the commish is simply taking cues from the Mayor, who has stated his priority is the families who will potentially be left at the stadium on Sunday, and intends to wait the fullest amount of time to decide based on those families needs.

hollywood_texan
10-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Dude show me one post where I said anyone's needs superceded anyone elses. Thats plum dumb!!

Anyway dude, buy a new hat, get a hair cut, leave the 80's and join us in 2007...

Why do you have to make this personal?

It just doesn't make sense.

Besides, the message board is about posting about things and opinions. If you wanna call that badgering, then we probably should just shut this thing down.

Again, I don't understand why you wanna make this personal? You are way out of line when it comes that!

You know what I look like, I will be at the Saints game, come talk to me then...

PM, I will tell where my seats are... I will gladly listen to you in person and make the same comments about me personally!

See ya and good luck getting your TV schedule as soon as possible if that makes you happy!

Oh, and I will stay out of your way for the time being...

houstonhurricane
10-25-2007, 03:57 PM
I just dont understand why you are worried about why I need to know..

Are you freaking kidding me. You are acting like a spoiled school-aged child because you want to tell someone at work you might have to leave early?

I'll say it again, let's be patient for the fans that have PURCHASED tickets for this game in SD and are suffering through a terrible time. If we have to wait for them to make a decision to help those folks out - so be it...even if that interferes with your "job notification."

Errant Hothy
10-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Are you freaking kidding me. You are acting like a spoiled school-aged child because you want to tell someone at work you might have to leave early?

I'll say it again, let's be patient for the fans that have PURCHASED tickets for this game in SD and are suffering through a terrible time. If we have to wait for them to make a decision to help those folks out - so be it...even if that interferes with your "job notification."

I doubt there are that many people in San Diego are concerned about a football game.

houstonhurricane
10-25-2007, 04:06 PM
I doubt there are that many people in San Diego are concerned about a football game.

We might just find out on Sunday...

I remember how important the first University of Miami game (at Iowa) was to everyone in South Florida. It was a great distraction and a time for community unity during a very challenging time.

WWJD
10-25-2007, 04:08 PM
It better not be Dallas, that would be a slap in the face to us Texans fans, as well as the Chargers. Everyone knows that Dallas is part of Arkansas and I wouldnt send my worst enemy there.

Why all the belly aching about it being at Texas Stadium? This was the option before the fire. They were playing at San Diego where the Texans would maybe be represented by 3% of the fans in the stands.

So you have a horrible diaster and the game is more than likely going to be moved.

Jerry has offered Texas Stadium if needed. Fine.

So thousands of Texans fans will more than likely get to go and the Chargers will be the ones having the minority of fans in the stands.

Texas Stadium IS a dump. Everybody knows it. That's why they're building that billion dollar palace in Arlington.

So go Texan fans if you can and have fun and support the team.

imatexan

Dude why do you have to argue with everyone?

disaacks3
Perhaps it would be helpful to know that both teams have now acknowledged they are completely ready to play wherever and whenever the commish says. And that the commish is simply taking cues from the Mayor, who has stated his priority is the families who will potentially be left at the stadium on Sunday, and intends to wait the fullest amount of time to decide based on those families needs.
The problem is that the commish already said the decision was going to be made by 3pm YESTERDAY!

Sorry, but this decision shouldn't be made by the Mayor. The NFL is supposed to be the decision-maker here. All stadiums are supposed to have their schedules approved FAR before this time. We have an emergency here, I fully understand that, but you give a cut-off time for a go/no-go and then you move on to alternates. (This is Kindergarten-level Project Management)

The schedule should always "stay as it is" unless compelling forces dictate otherwise. You don't drag these things out till the last second and you get contingencies lined up as soon as there's a chance your primary options may NOT be available.

If I ran MY projects like this I'd be shot, and THEN fired.

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 04:11 PM

Your just self-centered.

Have fun at the office!

Why do you have to make this personal?

It just doesn't make sense.

Besides, the message board is about posting about things and opinions. If you wanna call that badgering, then we probably should just shut this thing down.

Again, I don't understand why you wanna make this personal? You are way out of line when it comes that!

You know what I look like, I will be at the Saints game, come talk to me then...

PM, I will tell where my seats are... I will gladly listen to you in person and make the same comments about me personally!

See ya and good luck getting your TV schedule as soon as possible if that makes you happy!

Oh, and I will stay out of your way for the time being...

Hollywood, the first set of personal attacks came from you, however, I will refrain from them for now on because I think we both agree there is no place here for that... the '80's comment, while rude, really was an attempt at levity...

The next time you are here, I will gladly meet you. In fact, there's a good chance that I will be tailgating about two spots down from that mutual friend that I mentioned. I'm not hard to find at all. And judging by that picture in another thread I know where your seats are, because ironically, I am not all that far from there.

Last, I really do hope you have a great weekend in San Diego, and I am super stoked for the fans of San Diego.. Passionate fans deserve to see their home team, play their scheduled home games. PERIOD. I also hope that everything goes well for SoCal in general, as I have some interest given some of my friends in the area...

TexanSam
10-25-2007, 04:12 PM
If the game is on Monday Night in San Diego, I hope it's not a 9 PM-ish game. I'm thinking the NFL doesn't want another game interfering with ESPNs original MNF broadcast.

Errant Hothy
10-25-2007, 04:12 PM
If the game is on Monday Night in San Diego, I hope it's not a 9 PM-ish game. I'm thinking the NFL doesn't want another game interfering with ESPNs original MNF broadcast.

or World series game 5

I don't see how the NFL would be happy with a Monday Hou-SD game.

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 04:15 PM

Before you start anything, you may want to read the thread from the beginning.. I have had nothing but kind words for the folks in and around San Diego (and SoCal in general for that matter)... OF course those folks should have the game if feasable... By the same token those folks deserved an answer a lot sooner also...

Anyway, perhaps you ought to learn something about posters on this board before you assume what their MO is..

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 04:16 PM

or World series game 5

I don't see how the NFL would be happy with a Monday Hou-SD game.

Exactly. And they can't start the Denver game any earlier, because as it stands now, the game already is starting 30 minutes earlier to accomodate the WS.

Errant Hothy
10-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Does anybody really think that if the game is in San Diego all those with tickets would even show up?

I wouldn't, as there might be more important things to do.

ActualTexan
10-25-2007, 04:19 PM
The problem is that the commish already said the decision was going to be made by 3pm YESTERDAY!

Sorry, but this decision shouldn't be made by the Mayor. The NFL is supposed to be the decision-maker here. All stadiums are supposed to have their schedules approved FAR before this time. We have an emergency here, I fully understand that, but you give a cut-off time for a go/no-go and then you move on to alternates. (This is Kindergarten-level Project Management)

The schedule should always "stay as it is" unless compelling forces dictate otherwise. You don't drag these things out till the last second and you get contingencies lined up as soon as there's a chance your primary options may NOT be available.

If I ran MY projects like this I'd be shot, and THEN fired.

Yeah, your'e right. If the Mayor makes the call he'll just be all worried about the families who live there and all that fire crap. We want someone to decide (perhaps like you) who gives lip service to the "emergency" part of it but is basically mindless of all things except the netertainment value of football game.

Sorry the families and fires got in the way of your entertainment. Cheers...

hollywood_texan
10-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Hollywood, the first set of personal attacks came from you, however, I will refrain from them for now on because I think we both agree there is no place here for that... the '80's comment, while rude, really was an attempt at levity...

The next time you are here, I will gladly meet you. In fact, there's a good chance that I will be tailgating about two spots down from that mutual friend that I mentioned. I'm not hard to find at all. And judging by that picture in another thread I know where your seats are, because ironically, I am not all that far from there.

Last, I really do hope you have a great weekend in San Diego, and I am super stoked for the fans of San Diego.. Passionate fans deserve to see their home team, play their scheduled home games. PERIOD. I also hope that everything goes well for SoCal in general, as I have some interest given some of my friends in the area...

Fair enough, I am unable to determine if you are making a joke about me or taking a personal shot. Considering my age, my looks, what I wear, and what I do, I get a consider amount of grief. Which is fine, I actually find it funny, because it is. But, personal attacks, I don't take very kindly too regardless of who I am at the time or what I look like. I don't like period, regardless of who it is.

We tailgate at different times because it's a 3 ring circus to get my crew to operate with any consistency.

Definitely, stop by and introduce yourself.

As for me starting it first? This is what you posted where I started to go off:

Dude, you are broken freakin record.. If its in San Diego GREAT, enjoy the effin game. We (I'm pretty sure I speak for many) dont care that you are going. We dont care that you are cool whether its SUnday or MOnday... AWESOME!!!! Many of us want to figure out where and when WE can see the game.....

You didn't mention that in my postings you stated early. It's a matter of interpretation, but the posts you are saying I started this whole thing was in reponse that post you did first.

It really doesn't matter to me.

Good luck man.

I could really care less at this point what happens with this game.

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Fair enough, I am unable to determine if you are making a joke about me or taking a personal shot. Considering my age, my looks, what I wear, and what I do, I get a consider amount of grief. Which is fine, I actually find it funny, because it is. But, personal attacks, I don't take very kindly too regardless of who I am at the time or what I look like. I don't like period, regardless of who it is.

We tailgate at different times because it's a 3 ring circus to get my crew to operate with any consistency.

Definitely, stop by and introduce yourself.

As for me starting it first? This is what you posted where I started to go off:

You didn't mention that in my postings you stated early. It's a matter of interpretation, but the posts you are saying I started this whole thing was in reponse that post you did first.

It really doesn't matter to me.

Good luck man.

PM'd you so this can get cleaned up...

Tedc
10-25-2007, 04:34 PM

Wow! I am confused. You seemed so passionate about people and their plans and such.

hollywood_texan
10-25-2007, 04:39 PM
PM'd you so this can get cleaned up...

Absolutely, we are cool!

I responded back.

hollywood_texan
10-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Wow! I am confused. You seemed so passionate about people and their plans and such.

Sometimes you just get so tired of a situation, you just want it to end whatever way it does...

SheTexan
10-25-2007, 04:41 PM
I sincerely hope the City of San Diego, and it's fans, get to keep the game at home, as scheduled. After the week they have had, they need someway to vent their frustrations. Why not take it out on a team that they should beat hands down anyway. If our Texans have any pride left at all, they will give them a good fight, and let the fans of SD see a well played PROFESSIONAL football game.

disaacks3
10-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah, your'e right. If the Mayor makes the call he'll just be all worried about the families who live there and all that fire crap. We want someone to decide (perhaps like you) who gives lip service to the "emergency" part of it but is basically mindless of all things except the netertainment value of football game.

Sorry the families and fires got in the way of your entertainment. Cheers...I don't give "lip service" to anything. The NFL is a business, period. It's THEIR call to make as it's THEIR business we're talking about. What's your solution, wait until 10pm on Saturday night? Give a cut-off & stick to it. It's pretty simple really. It takes more time for 'alternates' to get spun up to speed.

For the record, I've got friends & family in the affected areas, so feel free to keep acting like I don't care.

Allstar
10-25-2007, 05:01 PM
I think it'd be cool if we had the game in SD on Monday night. All the other football games on Sunday, Texans on Monday, Rockets first game on Tuesday. If only the nation cared as much about Houston teams....
:)
:texan: :rockets:

GuerillaBlack
10-25-2007, 05:12 PM
I really wish Sunday had happened on NBC. There is no game scheduled this Sunday for NBC.

ActualTexan
10-25-2007, 05:20 PM
I don't give "lip service" to anything. The NFL is a business, period. It's THEIR call to make as it's THEIR business we're talking about. What's your solution, wait until 10pm on Saturday night? Give a cut-off & stick to it. It's pretty simple really. It takes more time for 'alternates' to get spun up to speed.

For the record, I've got friends & family in the affected areas, so feel free to keep acting like I don't care.

No one has to convince me that the NFL is a business. The alternates are already spinning up to speed. And, I am certain that the clock is ticking for the Mayor as far as the Commish is concerned. At some point he will not be able to accomodate the Mayor any longer.

Baga21
10-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Absolutely, we are cool!

I responded back.

that's too bad...it was better reading when you two weren't cool :jk:

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 05:54 PM
that's too bad...it was better reading when you two weren't cool :jk:

You :stirpot:

houstonhurricane
10-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Before you start anything, you may want to read the thread from the beginning.. I have had nothing but kind words for the folks in and around San Diego (and SoCal in general for that matter)... OF course those folks should have the game if feasable... By the same token those folks deserved an answer a lot sooner also...

Anyway, perhaps you ought to learn something about posters on this board before you assume what their MO is..

I never hinted that you had ill will toward our friends in SD...read my post. I do think their best interest takes priority over ours right now. I would hope they would feel the same if the roles were reversed.

It isn't my job to study you as a poster - I'll comment how I see fit. However, we are both Texans so let's cool it and root for our team and join together to send the folks in CA our best wishes.

jaayteetx
10-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Just watched live feed of the mayor of San Diego's press conference, announced Qualcomm would cease to be used as a shelter at noon tomorrow but nothing on the game Sunday. Somebody, please make a decision!!!!

Leahmic223
10-25-2007, 06:27 PM
About it being played on Monday in San Diego... I wonder what they are going to do for television?

Can ESPN play it on ESPN2, or could they play it after the first game like a ordinary MNF doubleheader?

If not will CBS just play it for Houston/San Diego areas?

If not...NFL Network can pick it up right? Even though it might be a blowout, I still want to see it and I have never missed a Texan game and I don't plan to!

Errant Hothy
10-25-2007, 06:30 PM
About it being played on Monday in San Diego... I wonder what they are going to do for television?

Can ESPN play it on ESPN2, or could they play it after the first game like a ordinary MNF doubleheader?

If not will CBS just play it for Houston/San Diego areas?

If not...NFL Network can pick it up right? Even though it might be a blowout, I still want to see it and I have never missed a Texan game and I don't plan to!

Seeing as it's an AFC game that was originally scheduled for Sunday I would think that CBS would retain broadcast rights.

Yankee_In_TX
10-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Seeing as it's an AFC game that was originally scheduled for Sunday I would think that CBS would retain broadcast rights.

CBS won't air it. They would never get permission to preempt prime time programming for low rating football from their home office.

I would guess ESPN2 or NFLN.

Errant Hothy
10-25-2007, 06:41 PM
CBS won't air it. They would never get permission to preempt prime time programming for low rating football from their home office.

I believe they have done it in the past.

Yankee_In_TX
10-25-2007, 06:42 PM
I believe they have done it in the past.

I don't KNOW this, but if KEYE won't show the Texans because of Titans, think KHOU will show Texans over prime time shows? My guess is no. But again, this is my opinion.

Can you imagine the outrage of the non-Texans fan who watch whatever show?

jaayteetx
10-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Here is the latest, its up to the Chargers and I imagine the league now.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/index.html

disaacks3
10-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Guess we're looking at Friday now... (for an announcement)

Oct. 25, 2007, 7:47PM
Site, time of Texans-Chargers game still under review

By JOHN McCLAIN
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

After touring the devastated area with President Bush and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Thursday, San Diego mayor Jerry Sanders delayed until Friday a decision on whether the Texans-Chargers game can be played at Qualcomm Stadium.

The NFL allowed Sanders to make the decision on San Diego, where wildfires forced more than 250,000 residents to abandon their homes this week. If Sanders tells the league his city isnt ready to host the game, the most likely destination is Reliant Stadium.

Link (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5241270.html)

RTP2110
10-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Here is the latest, its up to the Chargers and I imagine the league now.

That about seals it up, IMO. If everything is available for the original place at the original time, why would they go out of the way to move it.

ActualTexan
10-25-2007, 08:05 PM

Actually, CBS in Austin scheduled to show the game.

BSofA04
10-25-2007, 09:26 PM
I think it's ridiculous that nothing "official" has been announced. What's the hold up? If the mayor is unsure to this point if Qualcomm is going to be available then it's time to cut bait and play this game elsewhere. My main concern is the air quality. Even if the fire is under control the air conditions around the stadium have to be healthy, not tolerable, for the fans and the athletes. And the unfortunate people who had to use the stadium for temporary home shouldn't be rushed out. At this point, San Diego should be out of the race.

Speedy
10-25-2007, 09:44 PM
When San Diego had to move their game to Phoenix 4 years ago, that decision wasn't made until Friday. The game was played Monday night. I think it was originally scheduled for Monday night though. This according to Russel Baxter of ESPN.

If it stays in San Diego and CBS retains tv rights, I'm sure it will only be seen in San Diego and Houston. If I remember correctly, the Dolphins had to move a game up to Friday, I think, because of the threat of a hurricane, and the game was telecast by whatever network had it, in the local markets only.

RTP2110
10-25-2007, 10:21 PM
That was Miami and Tennessee that had to play on a Saturday because of a looming hurricane.

threetoedpete
10-25-2007, 11:51 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80394b9d&template=with-video&confirm=true

They are saying it is an air quality issue. the mayor is waiting on Sheriff Rogder. Sheriff Rodger is waiting on the mayor. Didn't we see this act a couple of years ago in New Orleans ? Look be nice guys pay an airlines to line up the planes give the Blots fans Relaint. We'll fill in the no shows. Billion dollar properties seems like someone would step up to the plate.

TV issue...the afternoon zoo at 610 covred this today.
Going by history...both markets should get the games shown localy. Got that baseball thingy going on. Got issues on exclusive rights. But we should get the game.

spurstexanstros
10-26-2007, 12:13 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80394b9d&template=with-video&confirm=true

They are saying it is an air quality issue. the mayor is waiting on Sheriff Rogder. Sheriff Rodger is waiting on the mayor. Didn't we see this act a couple of years ago in New Orleans ? Look be nice guys pay an airlines to line up the planes give the Blots fans Relaint. We'll fill in the no shows. Billion dollar properties seems like someone would step up to the plate.

TV issue...the afternoon zoo at 610 covred this today.
Going by history...both markets should get the games shown localy. Got that baseball thingy going on. Got issues on exclusive rights. But we should get the game.

Will game be seen in SanAntonio and the rest of the nation?

GuerillaBlack
10-26-2007, 06:12 AM
It can't be in SA. SA doesn't have an NFL-ready stadium.

Kaiser Toro
10-26-2007, 06:53 AM
I try my best to be a McNair fan, but he really concerns me at times.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3077884

Among the possibilities were keeping the game in San Diego but moving it to Monday night.

Texans owner Bob McNair told KRIV-TV in Houston that he hoped the game would be played on Sunday unless it is moved to Houston.

"We would like to see the game played Sunday, and we understand there are problems in San Diego and if those can be overcome then certainly the game ought to be played there because that's where it was scheduled," McNair said, according to the Fox affiliate's Web site. "But on the other hand if it can't be played there on Sunday it puts us at a competitive disadvantage to delay the game and play it on Monday because we have to go back out on the West Coast again for the following Sunday to play Oakland.

"That would mean if we played somewhere on the West Coast, other than Houston on a Monday night, we'd get back Tuesday," McNair added. "Our people are worn out. They get back at 5 in the morning and we have a very limited amount of time to do anything. So we really would like to see the game played on Sunday."

WTF is this logic for the present and the future? Is he a businessman or Julie the Cruise Director?

ubecool454
10-26-2007, 07:46 AM

WTF is this logic for the present and the future? Is he a businessman or Julie the Cruise Director?

I am in total agreement with Mr Mcnair on this. I just know the NFL won't let the game be played in Houston and especially not on a monday night. I have convinced myself that the NFL is anti-Houston anyway. My reasons for feeling this way is the fact that they gave LA many chances to get it together even after Mr Mcnair and his crew had everything ready to go. Even after they reluctantly awarded us the team the still didn't give us the advantages they gave the panthers and the jaguars. I really feel the NFL doesn't want to see Mcnair get to big to fast. We might not ever have won anything yet, but still have sellouts for all the games, and put on a nice show in hosting the superbowl. Why didn't we get awarded the 2009 Superbowl again? Maybe they see as soon as the superbowl is over, 3 weeks later the reliant stadium is soldout for 20+ days with the rodeo. NFL office are jealous thats all. The Giants had 9 home games during the Katrina year. Oh but that is a NYC team. I am behind Mcnair and not godell and those clowns in nyc.

Kaiser Toro
10-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Getting prime time exposure via altruism is as win win as it gets. Play the game in San Diego or LA on Monday Night.

Silver Oak
10-26-2007, 07:52 AM

I believe he is looking out for the best interests of his team.

ubecool454
10-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Getting prime time exposure via altruism is as win win as it gets. Play the game in San Diego or LA on Monday Night.

Playing on monday night on the west coast puts my beloved texans at a disadvantage that was not planned in advance. I realize teams that play on monday night have are at a slight disadvantage being that they have a short week to prepare for the next game but, they can plan around it because the schedule is made in advance.

Texans_Chick
10-26-2007, 07:58 AM

It's just truthful. Monday Night games, though a spotlight on teams, are harder on teams.

BTW, my biggest concern with it in San Diego is the air quality. You don't want to encourage people to be sitting outside in an area where the air quality is poor. And given Ahman Green's asthma issues, he might average 1.5 ypc instead of 3.5.

Kaiser Toro
10-26-2007, 08:00 AM
3 hour and 15 minute direct flight from SoCal to Houston. We have a young team. The area could use an extra day.

Not having it as an option is ridiculous in my opinion. Using it as a bargaining chip is another matter, but since I have been a fan of the Texans I have never considered McNair a master of negotiations around football.

Texans_Chick
10-26-2007, 08:09 AM
3 hour and 15 minute direct flight from SoCal to Houston. We have a young team. The area could use an extra day.

Not having it as an option is ridiculous in my opinion. Using it as a bargaining chip is another matter, but since I have been a fan of the Texans I have never considered McNair a master of negotiations around football.

I don't think he was bargaining. I think he was just stating what his preference was.

Kaiser Toro
10-26-2007, 08:12 AM
I don't think he was bargaining. I think he was just stating what his preference was.

"That would mean if we played somewhere on the West Coast, other than Houston on a Monday night, we'd get back Tuesday," McNair added.

Sounds like he was bargaining to me

TEXANS84
10-26-2007, 08:12 AM

790 this morning said CBS would still have the rights, and would still air it in Houston and San Diego only.

Texan_Bill
10-26-2007, 08:21 AM
790 this morning said CBS would still have the rights, and would still air it in Houston and San Diego only.

Yeah!!! Finally something.....

(although not peer reviewed)

TxDavid
10-26-2007, 08:23 AM
what happened to the alamodome?

It doesn't meet the instant replay requirements.

TxDavid
10-26-2007, 08:26 AM

That's been the tradition. Local markets (Hometowns of the teams in question) are guaranteed to have it aired as if nothing had happened. The rest of the State / Country is at the mercy of the networks.

Kaiser Toro
10-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Article in today's San Diego paper

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/canepa/20071026-9999-1s26canepa.html

It's difficult to write or even think about sports today, but this seems the perfect time. The Chargers' Sunday game here against the Houston Texans has been in danger of being moved, maybe to Dallas even more ridiculous, to Houston what with all the smoke and the Qualcomm Stadium site housing thousands of fire refugees.

But Mayor Jerry Sanders reportedly has cleared Qualcomm for play this weekend. Maybe Monday night. Qualcomm's evacuees will be gone by then. Maybe the smoke, due to on-shore winds, also will be. So what's the holdup? Decide. This is Friday. There are logistical concerns.

The game must be here.

For three hours or so, San Diegans who care about their team perhaps can forget about their woes and their worries. That's a welcome three hours. It's something. Something is good right about now.

The football team could catch a break, because if this thing is moved to Dallas, it will be a Texans home game. That's right. Don't for a minute believe otherwise.

I've heard all the bull, that Texas is LaDainian Tomlinson's home turf and the fans will flock to see him play. I've heard Dallas hates Houston, and vice versa, so to it will not be a hostile environment for the Chargers. Again, bull.

Dallas is about a 250-mile drive from Houston. The Cowboys have a bye. Why would their fans care a hoot about the Chargers and Texans being in their vicinity? It will be Houston's game. Moving it to Dallas would be astonishingly ignorant.

As it is, no matter what they say, the team's players had to be affected by these fires. Forty-seven members of this organization had to evacuate their houses. Among the players, not one is homeless today. They knew that by Wednesday.

For them to leave Phoenix today after a practice, fly home, see what's going on in their neighborhood, and then fly out tomorrow to Texas would be a recipe for defeat. The Texans aren't the Patriots, but they aren't the Rams and Dolphins, either.

Supposedly, this has become a three-way thing, a political menage a trois between the Chargers, the mayor and the NFL. But The League should have nothing to do with it. I can't understand why Goodell would want this game in Texas. And I can't believe the Spanoses would want it there when they can play in their house.

If this franchise moves, it won't be to Dallas. L.A. is out of this particular scenario. No one left to impress.

Make a damn decision already.

Kaiser Toro
10-26-2007, 08:33 AM
I get the sense that everyone would like to do this on Monday except for McNair.

SheTexan
10-26-2007, 08:37 AM
I will stick to my belief that the game should be played as close to SD as possible, whether that be Sunday or Monday, who cares. It's their home game, NOT OURS, and truthfully, I don't want to see THEM as the home team in our stadium! Our guys will just have to suck it up and handle a little extra pressure if it is on Monday. They get paid well for doing whatever it is they have to do. Whining about playing on Monday night being a disadvantage just because they have two games back to back on the West coast just doesn't sound very professional to me. JMO!!

Errant Hothy
10-26-2007, 08:37 AM
I get the sense that everyone would like to do this on Monday except for McNair.

And us out of town fans, as Monday screws us on TV (unless the NFL Sunday Ticket package carries it...then it's baack to the sports bar).

awtysst
10-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Why don't we simply play the game in Htown this year? Then in a few years when we play again, the game will be in SD? IE this year we get 9 home games and they get 7. That year we get 7 home and they get 9? A simple solution that works out evenly.

YellerLotYeller
10-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Why don't we simply play the game in Htown this year? Then in a few years when we play again, the game will be in SD? IE this year we get 9 home games and they get 7. That year we get 7 home and they get 9? A simple solution that works out evenly.

Dont try to bring in a common sense thought to a bunch of californians....:gun:

HOU-TEX
10-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Article in today's San Diego paper

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/canepa/20071026-9999-1s26canepa.html

Well, they at least gave us a sort of backhanded compliment. :texflag:

The Texans aren't the Patriots, but they aren't the Rams and Dolphins, either.

Baga21
10-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Well, they at least gave us a sort of backhanded compliment. :texflag:

We're only a Tom Brady and some nice hi-tech surveillance equipment away!!

Brando
10-26-2007, 09:55 AM
And us out of town fans, as Monday screws us on TV (unless the NFL Sunday Ticket package carries it...then it's baack to the sports bar).

Now I want some answers! lol This means I might not be able to watch the Texans if they play on Monday Night. :bat:

Hopefully Sunday Ticket will show it but I don't know the rules........

Brando
10-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Will game be seen in SanAntonio and the rest of the nation?

It can't be in SA. SA doesn't have an NFL-ready stadium.

I think it was a programming question not where it would be played.:cool:

Tailgate
10-26-2007, 10:06 AM

I wouldn't exactly call it even. There are too many outside variables to affect this game. Not knowing when and where right now... distractions, late ticket sales, possible non sellout for us, etc,etc. As opposed to their home game in the future getting it streamlined just like every other home game for them. Nothing super huge, but still, not exactly even.

TEXANS84
10-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Qualcomm Stadium would be available Sunday for the Chargers, the San Diego mayor's office said Thursday, according to The San Diego Union-Tribune.

"Should they decide to play in San Diego, the stadium will be ready on Sunday," said Fred Sainz, the mayor's spokesman, according to a report on the paper's Web site. "It's their decision to play in San Diego or not."

The Chargers worked out, waited and wondered Thursday in Tempe, Ariz., where and when they will play their next game.

With their home stadium being used as an evacuation center for people fleeing wildfires in the San Diego area, the Chargers went through what coach Norv Turner called "one of our best practices of the year."

The Chargers are scheduled to host the Houston Texans.

dtran04
10-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Earlier in the week, I thought the Texans said they would just stay in California until the Oakland game if they played on Monday....

TEXANS84
10-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Qualcomm is scheduled to close as an evacuation center at noon Friday.

If that's the case, I don't see how the Texans will not play in San Diego whether it be Sunday afternoon/night or Monday night.

spurstexanstros
10-26-2007, 11:09 AM
I think it was a programming question not where it would be played.:cool:

Yeah programming and we do have NFL ready stadium. Hi-def and all that. Just not modern Boxes. Plus if the are talking about playing in sundevil stadium, that stadium is nit NFL ready either.

hollywood_texan
10-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Well, it appears the hold up of the decision on the game is our owner, Bob McNair. That seems to be the mood over at the Charger Message Board.

First, Mr. McNair does not want a Monday Night game due to the fact of playing Oakland the next weekend in California. Seems understandable under regular scheduling conditions. However, sometimes you have buckel-up your chinstrap and gut it out when you look at things in the big perspective.

Second, Mr. McNair does not want the game played at all in San Diego, or maybe just Sunday, due to air quality.

It seems reasonable to me that could be the hold up. The mayor of San Diego gives a green light and it's all silent. The Chargers organization and the fans want the game as scheduled. CBS is sending the regular scheduled crew for the scheduled time. What gives?????

Oh my, if McNair is dragging his feet on this one and that goes public soon, I am going to get pummelled at the game wearing my Texan gear...

Could be an ugly crowd, probably not, they are pretty cool down there. It only takes one jerk though...

One way or another, McNair seems to find ways to screw over the fans. Hopefully, this is not true...

hollywood_texan
10-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Actually, maybe the Texans will forfeit the game...

Errant Hothy
10-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Well, it appears the hold up of the decision on the game is our owner, Bob McNair. That seems to be the mood over at the Charger Message Board.

First, Mr. McNair does not want a Monday Night game due to the fact of playing Oakland the next weekend in California. Seems understandable under regular scheduling conditions. However, sometimes you have buckel-up your chinstrap and gut it out when you look at things in the big perspective.

Second, Mr. McNair does not want the game played at all in San Diego, or maybe just Sunday, due to air quality.

It seems reasonable to me that could be the hold up. The mayor of San Diego gives a green light and it's all silent. The Chargers organization and the fans want the game as scheduled. CBS is sending the regular scheduled crew for the scheduled time. What gives?????

Oh my, if McNair is dragging his feet on this one and that goes public soon, I am going to get pummelled at the game wearing my Texan gear...

Could be an ugly crowd, probably not, they are pretty cool down there. It only takes one jerk though...

One way or another, McNair seems to find ways to screw over the fans. Hopefully, this is not true...

McNair is not in a position to make the call. He can voice his desires, which is waht he is doing but the delay of making the desicion is not Bob's fault; but is not in a position to hold up anything.

Blame either the Mayor of SD, the Sheriff appartently of the NFL head offices. McNair will not be consulted about the game, but he is doing the only thing he can to effect the call...talking to the media. And he's doing it to help the team.

hollywood_texan
10-26-2007, 11:41 AM
McNair is not in a position to make the call. He can voice his desires, which is waht he is doing but the delay of making the desicion is not Bob's fault; but is not in a position to hold up anything.

Blame either the Mayor of SD, the Sheriff appartently of the NFL head offices. McNair will not be consulted about the game, but he is doing the only thing he can to effect the call...talking to the media. And he's doing it to help the team.

It can't be the Mayor, he has given the green light. The Chargers and their fans want it from what I hear here in LA.

Maybe it's the NFL front office?

The issue doesn't seem to be coming from San Diego though.

Otherwise, they wouldn't have cleared out the stadium today.

Errant Hothy
10-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Mayor Jerry Sanders said the stadium should be ready but indicated the decision will be made by the NFL and the team.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5247293.html

The Chargers and the NFL are the hold-up. As I said before McNair has no pull in making the call except what he generates in the media.

I have another question, where are all the people that were in the Q going to go if their houses are gone, since they won't be allowed back to the Q since their will be an NFL game there?

hollywood_texan
10-26-2007, 11:51 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5247293.html

The Chargers and the NFL are the hold-up. As I said before McNair has no pull in making the call except what he generates in the media.

What is said through the press is one thing, and what is actually happening is another.

All I am saying is, there are some Charger fans that think the problem is from the Texans side. Doesn't seem that unreasonable.

As for McNair having no say so, I am sure he still does when unusual circumstances occurr. Or, he doesn't have to send his team.

We'll see...

I am sure there is going to be a long discussion about why there was a delay.

Errant Hothy
10-26-2007, 11:56 AM
What is said through the press is one thing, and what is actually happening is another.

All I am saying is, there are some Charger fans that think the problem is from the Texans side. Doesn't seem that unreasonable.

As for McNair having no say so, I am sure he still does when unusual circumstances occurr. Or, he doesn't have to send his team.

We'll see...

I am sure there is going to be a long discussion about why there was a delay.

WTF!!

Not send the team. Yeah that's an option and the second he even threatens that You don't think the NFL would be calling with some pretty heavy threats?

It's unreasonable to think that the delay resides with the Texans because the Texans have no say in the issue. It's down to the NFl, the city and the San Diego Chargers to decided when and where the game is to be played. The Texans have no say in the issue. I felt it beared repeating because yo didn't seem to get it the first time.

And lets ignore the press and go with the journalistic strongholds of sports radio stations and internet message boards.

I still want to know where all the people who have been kicked out of Qualcomm are supposed to go if their houses have been burnt to the ground?

Kaiser Toro
10-26-2007, 12:06 PM
It is not unreasonable. If the game is trying to be moved to Monday, it would stand to reason that he is involved more so in that decision, because of back end issues such as the next week's scheduling.

Double Barrel
10-26-2007, 12:11 PM
I think the decision is on the NFL and Chargers. The mayor has passed the political hot potato by giving the green light to use the stadium.

With the Texans FO obsession regarding PR, I cannot see McNair taking a media risk by being the holdup. It's against his professional DNA.

I think Charger fans are speculating here and are as clueless as we are. If any real news broke - even solid rumors - it would be all over the airwaves right now.

Errant Hothy
10-26-2007, 12:13 PM
It is not unreasonable. If the game is trying to be moved to Monday, it would stand to reason that he is involved more so in that decision, because of back end issues such as the next week's scheduling.

I don't think the NFl would care enough to call McNair. It would very much be a "this is the way it is...sorry" attitude from the NFL offices about a short week next week.

Also if McNair raises to much of a stink about a short week it might negativle effect the chances of the Texans getting a future MNF game.

hollywood_texan
10-26-2007, 12:14 PM
I still want to know where all the people who have been kicked out of Qualcomm are supposed to go if their houses have been burnt to the ground?

San Diego is an affluent city.

People that still can't go home or don't have homes are being moved to another location if they can't find somewhere else to go.

I live in LA and they are talking about the fires non-stop on the radio. There are some people really upset about certain things, but NO ONE is upset about the Qaulcomm decision.

Yesterday, I called the hotel to check on my reservation for Saturday night and how the evacuees could change my plans. The guy said, they all left yesterday. I asked him how things were and he said things are fine.

Things are getting back to normal, so to speak, in San Diego.

Tailgate
10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
McNair wanted the game here in Houston if it had to be played elsewhere. The Chargers wanted no part of that of course and it would not have been played here. If they didnt listen to him about that... why would they listen to him when considering Monday night?

Kaiser Toro
10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
San Diego is an affluent city.

People that still can't go home or don't have homes are being moved to another location if they can't find somewhere else to go.

I live in LA and they are talking about the fires non-stop on the radio. There are some people really upset about certain things, but NO ONE is upset about the Qaulcomm decision.

Yesterday, I called the hotel to check on my reservation for Saturday night and how the evacuees could change my plans. The guy said, they all left yesterday. I asked him how things were and he said things are fine.

Things are getting back to normal, so to speak, in San Diego.

Well I just called Sea World and things do not appear to be normal over there. In fact, the fit has hit the Shamu.

hollywood_texan
10-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Well I just called Sea World and things do not appear to be normal over there. In fact, the fit has hit the Shamu.

I thought I clarified my remark very clearly with, "so to speak".

I stand corrected...

KT, your funny.

Errant Hothy
10-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey hollywood,

Sounds like whomever was giving you theinfo that the hold up was due to the texans might not know what they are talking about:

McNair said his biggest concern was the quality of the air in San Diego. According to reports in San Diego, quality of air is the biggest concern for the team and city, too.

“I’m sure it’s a concern for everybody, but I know the league and San Diego (city officials) have everybody’s best interest in mind, and they’re trying to do what’s best for everybody,” Kubiak said. “Our job’s just to sit here and prepare.

“We’re here preparing at home; San Diego’s had to leave and go to Arizona to prepare. So it’s a tough situation, but as I continue to say, this week we need to think about what’s most important, and that’s the city and the people. We’ll get the football game played somehow, some way.” Sanders told the Chargers on Thursday night that if they want to host the Texans on Sunday, the stadium will be ready to go.

“Should they decide to play in San Diego, the stadium will be ready on Sunday,” said Fred Sainz, a spokesman for Sanders. “It's their decision to play in San Diego or not.”

After touring the devastated area with President Bush and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Thursday, Sanders said he would make a decision on Friday whether the game could be played in San Diego. Then he announced the stadium would be ready, but it would be the Chargers’ decision.

The Chargers responded in a release that they were working with the mayor to help him back the decision. Sainz fired back that the mayor had made his decision, meaning the ball was in the Chargers’ court. In other words, if there’s a problem, it’s the Chargers’ fault.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5248573.html

Tailgate
10-26-2007, 01:05 PM
From SD message board:
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=47323

Game will be played as scheduled

The Chargers-Texans game will be played as scheduled at 1:05 p.m. Sunday at Qualcomm Stadium, according to a news release from Mayor Jerry Sanders. The game will be televised on Channel 8.

Posted by Jay Posner on October 26, 2007 10:59 AM | Permalink

BigWig
10-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Thats 1:05 pm pacific, and 3:05 pm central for us y'all!

HOU-TEX
10-26-2007, 01:08 PM
From SD message board:
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=47323

Game will be played as scheduled

The Chargers-Texans game will be played as scheduled at 1:05 p.m. Sunday at Qualcomm Stadium, according to a news release from Mayor Jerry Sanders. The game will be televised on Channel 8.

Posted by Jay Posner on October 26, 2007 10:59 AM | Permalink

Nevermind

Tailgate
10-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Thats 1:05 pm pacific, and 3:05 pm central for us y'all!

WORD

Specnatz
10-26-2007, 01:10 PM
This is total BS, someone needs to make a freakin decision already. This mickey mouse bull crap and having this hanging in the air. Fans of both teams need to know about when and where the game will be played. fans of both teams will be traveling.

This is a joke to have not made a decision where it is almost 48 hrs to game time.

Errant Hothy
10-26-2007, 01:11 PM
This is total BS, someone needs to make a freakin decision already. This mickey mouse bull crap and having this hanging in the air. Fans of both teams need to know about when and where the game will be played. fans of both teams will be traveling.

This is a joke to have not made a decision where it is almost 48 hrs to game time.

Sounds ike somebody finally did

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43744

Texan_Bill
10-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Nevermind

Beat me to it... (if you were thinking the samething)

BigWig
10-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Still nothing on NFL.com, or SI !

Texan_Bill
10-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Still nothing on NFL.com, or SI !

Or BSPN, Fox Sports, Yahoo Sports etc...

hollywood_texan
10-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey hollywood,

Sounds like whomever was giving you theinfo that the hold up was due to the texans might not know what they are talking about:

I said in my original post that some Charger fans said the hold was McNair over 2 things:

1. Playing Monday Night

2. Air quality

The article you post as a reference that McNair is not the holdup, the article says McNair doesn't want the Texans to play on Monday Night for the reasons I stated earlier. I didn't see any discussion about air quality

Who knows?

There are other Charger fans that say the Chargers want the game Monday Night to make more money. I don't know how that could be.

I am just letting you know what I saw on the Chargers message board. I am just sharing some information.

That's it.

hollywood_texan
10-26-2007, 01:18 PM
This looks official, same time, same place...

GlassHalfFull
10-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Chron online has it also as originally scheduled.

Texans game set for 3:05 Sunday in San Diego (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5248573.html)

gwallaia
10-26-2007, 01:35 PM
As it should be.

b0ng
10-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Good. I was really sweatin possibly watching a 10 o'clock game on monday night. There's no way I'd be able to watch all of it.

HOU-TEX
10-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Here's confirmation from the Texans website.

The Texans will take on the San Diego Chargers Sunday, Oct. 28 at Qualcomm Stadium at the regularly scheduled time of 3:05 p.m. CT, the NFL announced today.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3840

And NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d803a0c8b&template=without-video&confirm=true

badboy
10-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Email says game on for Sunday.

hookinreds
10-26-2007, 02:34 PM

Dude...chill?

Hookem Horns
10-26-2007, 02:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chargers-wildfires&prov=ap&type=lgns

Porky
10-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Me thinks reading is not one of badboy's best attributes. :gun:

Second Honeymoon
10-26-2007, 03:43 PM
I think waiting till Friday to make a decision is lame. The commish should have mandated a 72hour notice or automatically move to a 'safety site' like Phoenix or Big D. I am sympathetic towards the city of San Diego and the surrounding areas during this crisis but to only give 50 hours notice is irresponsible and he should have much more important things he could worry about than making sure his home team can play its football game at home on Sunday.

AT LEAST, the game should have been moved back 24+ hours to Monday Night. imho of course.

It should be a good game and its a must win game for both teams. I hope Kubiak has let the team know that they need to win Sunday and how freaking urgent it is. It's all hands on deck because if they lose, they would be essentially out of the playoff picture and could only look forward to playing the role of 'spoiler' the rest of the year.

For a year that started so great to fall that fast would be a disaster. Let's get this win and go 4-4 with Oakland incoming. It could be a possible 5-4 record going into the bye week with AJ for sure coming back by the time the bye week is over. This season isn't lost but if they don't play with urgency Sunday, the season would be over.

Yankee_In_TX
10-26-2007, 04:10 PM
I said in my original post that some Charger fans said the hold was McNair over 2 things:

1. Playing Monday Night

2. Air quality

I believe the hold up was the NFL.

Yankee_In_TX
10-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Now, watch the teams walk out on the field Sunday and say "hey, I don't think the players should play in this quality of air."

I'm fine with 3 Sunday.

ActualTexan
10-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Now, watch the teams walk out on the field Sunday and say "hey, I don't think the players should play in this quality of air."

I'm fine with noon Sunday.

3p Central on Sunday, No?

Yankee_In_TX
10-26-2007, 04:16 PM
3p Central on Sunday, No?

Oops, yes. Been messing that up for over a week now. Thanks :)

Errant Hothy
10-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Looks like things are not getting back to normal in SD, and that maybe, just maybe, clearing out the shelters was not so great an idea.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071026/ap_on_re_us/california_wildfires

Powers headed for a Ramona park where a water distribution center was manned by the National Guard. He and his wife needed jugs of spring water for themselves and their tropical fish.

"We can't flush the toilets and we've opened up the floodgates and are letting everyone back. I'm not sure if that's a good thing," said Brad Fisher of the Ramona Community Emergency Response Team. "There's a real pioneer mentality."

About 12,600 San Diego Gas and Electric customers remained without power Friday and 675 were without natural gas, said utility spokeswoman April Bolduc. The outages were mainly in hard-hit areas like Ramona, Rancho Bernardo, Fallbrook, Rancho San Diego and El Cajon.

Pollution control authorities across Southern California warned that smoke and ash are making the air dangerous. People with heart or respiratory disease, the elderly and children in those areas were urged to remain indoors.

I smell bad PR coming!!!

Brando
10-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Not that it matters now but this is what will happen if the game was re-scheduled.....

FYI.....

Thank for writing. I see you have been with us since 2006 and I want to thank you for your business. I am glad to assist you. If the Chargers and Texans game plays on Monday and your local stations have bought the broadcast rights for this game, we will be unable to air this game on the NFL SUNDAY TICKET. This is because we're required to follow game availability rules set up by the NFL, CBS FOX and NBC.

In general, you'll get all of the games on the NFL SUNDAY TICKET channels unless:

- Your local FOX or CBS station shows the game, in which case you will need to tune to your local channel to watch it. If you don't have local channels in your DIRECTV package, you can add them online at DIRECTV.com or by calling us at 1-800-531-5000.

- The home team in your area didn't sell out the stadium 72 hours before kickoff.

In special situations, a local station may decide at the last minute to show a different game, in which case we will change the NFL SUNDAY TICKET blackouts when permitted by the NFL. If a local station switches coverage due to a one sided or extra-long game, we will lift the blackouts (when permitted by the NFL) so that you will get the game in the 700's.

Please visit our web site at directv.com/NFL to see the complete game availability guidelines and how they may affect you.

Please understand that sports blackouts and game availability are controlled by the leagues, sports associations, and networks that purchase the rights to broadcast individual games. To protect their rights, we must enforce the blackouts and availability mandated by them.

Thanks again for writing; we appreciate your patience and the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

David Barrons Column...
chron.com (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/barron/5247228.html)

If Texans-Chargers is played Sunday on CBS, Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf are scheduled to get the call. If it is moved to Monday night, it presumably would air as a split national game on ESPN and would have to be picked up by a local over-the-air station.

Chances are, though, that it wouldn't be KTRK (Ch. 13), the Texans' official TV partner, since ABC presumably would be loathe to bump Dancing With the Stars, Samantha Who? and The Bachelor. ...