PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young QB Controversy?

Texans_Chick
10-22-2007, 02:07 PM
I wrote something on FanHouse not intending to stir the pot but rather as a way to discuss something in a straight forward way.

David Carr when he was with the Texans had a lot of good will at first. Some of that came from the big throws against the Cowboys with a team of misfits and rejects around him.

But later, after times got much worse, everything that David Carr did got criticized. His body language on the field and how he interacted with his teammates. Though the national media view was that DC was a good QB with a poor offensive line, locally, people lost their good will with him much more quickly.

So, I'm sitting near the Titans bench yesterday, and notice how little Vince Young was interacting with his teammates. I like watching how players interact with their teammates, and that was about the least interaction that I've seen of any player throughout the course of the game. And it got me wondering about how it was for VY in Nashville. So I wrote this:

A Vince Young QB Controversy? (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/10/22/a-vince-young-quarterback-controversy/)

And though I didn't mention it because this is total speculation, is it possible that VY was listening to music during the game so he wasn't talking to anyone? I say that because the Getty Images picture looks that way:

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/sports.aol.com/fanhouse/media/2007/10/vince-young-ballcap.jpg

The close up picture in Getty Images makes it easier to see than this one, but he definitely has an ear piece in.

Vinny
10-22-2007, 02:09 PM
I donno but that was pretty much the first game the Titans have won in two years when Vince wasn't starting.

bah007
10-22-2007, 02:09 PM
He had that ear piece in all game.

He was either listening to play calls or music.

TexansLucky13
10-22-2007, 02:15 PM
He had that ear piece in all game.

He was either listening to play calls or music.

Yep, when they showed him every ten seconds you could clearly see his earpiece... not sure what he was listening to.

I have seen QB's doing it before. Has anyone ever heard of a player listening to music on the field?

Vinny
10-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Good article though (just read thru it)...on Cutler I think he is probably moved to the best of that QB class based on how he looks right now.

real
10-22-2007, 02:25 PM
It was probably the earpiece that normally goes into the helmet, but since he wasn't going to play he just had it in his ear...

I seriously doubt that the Titans would be cool with him listening to music while the game was going on...

infantrycak
10-22-2007, 02:30 PM
I have seen lots of other "backup" QBs with an ear piece. I think they are just listening into the play calling. I thought VY standing off by himself was odd during the game.

Texans_Chick
10-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Good article though (just read thru it)...on Cutler I think he is probably moved to the best of that QB class based on how he looks right now.

Thanks. I know Vince Young stuff is a touchy topic but I wanted to do a fair discussion that is a little more real than VY is Superman, No He Isn't because often the truth is not in the absolutes. I got this interesting comment:

I was at the game and noticed the same thing. Strange for a 2nd year QB to be so distant. You would think he would want to continue to learn and even offer his input. I have always liked Vince except when he plays the Texans of course.

I am staring to think he is getting to be a little too full of himself. As a passer he has a long ways to go and needs to mature a bit.

real
10-22-2007, 02:32 PM
I am staring to think he is getting to be a little too full of himself.

Sadly...

I'm thinking this part is true....

Texans_Chick
10-22-2007, 02:32 PM
It was probably the earpiece that normally goes into the helmet, but since he wasn't going to play he just had it in his ear...

I seriously doubt that the Titans would be cool with him listening to music while the game was going on...

I would think so so that's why I didn't say anything.

But really, it is the least interaction I've ever seen of a QB on the sidelines. Carr could sometimes be standoffish on the sidelines, but in Carr in comparison looked like a politician. Rosenfels has always been very active on the sidelines--he is also someone I've heard discuss the unwritten rules for QB behavior.

real
10-22-2007, 02:37 PM
I would think so so that's why I didn't say anything.

But really, it is the least interaction I've ever seen of a QB on the sidelines. Carr could sometimes be standoffish, but in Carr in comparison looked like a politician.

Oh, I 100% agree.

But I can kind of sorta understand where he was coming from as a player. I defnitely think he was being a little selfish though....

I don't know if you noticed or not, but I have a question....

Early in the game when Kerry Collins missed Demeco on that blitz and he fumbled I noticed VY meet him on the sideline and show that he disapproved...

Did you or anyone else happen to notice VY congratulating him after he made good plays ?

Texans_Chick
10-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Oh, I 100% agree.

But I can kind of sorta understand where he was coming from as a player. I defnitely think he was being a little selfish though....

I don't know if you noticed or not, but I have a question....

Early in the game when Kerry Collins missed Demeco on that blitz and he fumbled I noticed VY meet him on the sideline and show that he disapproved...

Did you or anyone else happen to notice VY congratulating him after he made good plays ?

Didn't see that one way or another. Though I am guessing VY was probably trying to make Collins feel better.

I really do not like the whole read body language sort of stuff, but really, it was shocking to me to see how little interaction he was doing with his teammates and coaches for someone who is a QB.

WWJD
10-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Well after seeing Vince on "60 Minutes" he IS full of himself..whether one construes that as confidence or arrogance I guess is up to the person...

Texans_Chick
10-22-2007, 02:57 PM
BTW, FanHouse has a forwarding function so if you want, you can forward this post or others to those people who might be interested in it.

infantrycak
10-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Random VY trivia. On PTI last week they said he and some basketball player bad both recently had their names tattooed across their backs.

kastofsna
10-22-2007, 04:28 PM
meh...just because the cameras didn't catch him chatting with his teammates doesn't mean much. let's focus on his mediocre playing and not this nonsense.

gtexan02
10-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Dont forget the Texans make horrible QBs look like hall of famers. If VY is out another week, whoever their next opponent is will bring Collins back to Earth.

Look what happened to:
Brunell
Harrington

Texans_Chick
10-22-2007, 05:24 PM
meh...just because the cameras didn't catch him chatting with his teammates doesn't mean much. let's focus on his mediocre playing and not this nonsense.

I sat to the side of him. It's not the cameras catching him doing anything.

As you may know, I am not someone who is known as a VY hater. (though admittedly I do not care for the Titans). I am also someone on record that is very skeptical of body language sorts of observations. However.....

It was amazing how little he was interacting with his teammates and coaches. Seriously. When I sit behind benches, I pay attention to interaction of players with coaches.

He couldn't be standing any further away from everyone for most of the game. I haven't watched the TiVO of the game, and I don't know if this was something discussed on the TV at all, but he so rarely had guys around him it was like he hadn't taken a shower in a month.

Double Barrel
10-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Warren Moon never mingled with players on the sideline. He almost always found a spot on the end of the bench far from everyone else. It used to bother me that he wasn't doing what other QBs would do, like talking to his WRs or linemen, looking at overhead pictures, or talking strategy with his coordinator.

Texan_Bill
10-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Warren Moon never mingled with players on the sideline. He almost always found a spot on the end of the bench far from everyone else. It used to bother me that he wasn't doing what other QBs would do, like talking to his WRs or linemen, looking at overhead pictures, or talking strategy with his coordinator.

Moon not interacting with his team mates = no championships..... Coincidence?!?

The Dream
10-22-2007, 05:44 PM
I kept my eyes on VY during the game yesterday and while he was off on the bench by himself at times I also saw him talking to Collins and giving teammates fives when they walked off the field....

dannyboy
10-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Earlier in the week, when it was still undetermined if he would play or not, I think I remember the guy on NFLN mention that Vince has never missed a game due to injury in the NFL, college, or high school.

It may have just been never having missed a game due to injury + badly wanting to play in home town + not playing particularly well so far this season + young player still learning to be a pro = stand-off-ish-ness (that can't be a real word) on the sideline...

TD
10-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Random VY trivia. On PTI last week they said he and some basketball player bad both recently had their names tattooed across their backs.

I can't be the only one thinking of THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67EvAeU1mxY)

Texan_Bill
10-22-2007, 06:06 PM
I can't be the only one thinking of THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67EvAeU1mxY)

Dude, that was sweet.....

Double Barrel
10-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Moon not interacting with his team mates = no championships..... Coincidence?!?

It makes you wonder.... :hmmm:

Noblesse Oblige
10-22-2007, 10:05 PM
They didn't talk to him because they knew he had to concentrate, so that he could Magically Will His Team To Victory

Texans_Chick
10-23-2007, 10:05 AM

http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/vyoung.jpg

These people call it one of the worst tats ever:

link (http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/2007/09/30/vince-young-on-60-minutes-vince-shows-off-the-worst-tattoo-ever/)

kastofsna
10-23-2007, 10:44 AM
They didn't talk to him because they knew he had to concentrate, so that he could Magically Will His Team To Victory
without Young, Bironas goes 0-8 with the field goals

The1ApplePie
10-23-2007, 11:15 AM
VY was probably just pissed he was on the sidelines and didn't want to be bothered. Nothing to read in to.

Psychop1
10-23-2007, 12:00 PM
I wrote something on FanHouse not intending to stir the pot but rather as a way to discuss something in a straight forward way.

David Carr when he was with the Texans had a lot of good will at first. Some of that came from the big throws against the Cowboys with a team of misfits and rejects around him.

But later, after times got much worse, everything that David Carr did got criticized. His body language on the field and how he interacted with his teammates. Though the national media view was that DC was a good QB with a poor offensive line, locally, people lost their good will with him much more quickly.

So, I'm sitting near the Titans bench yesterday, and notice how little Vince Young was interacting with his teammates. I like watching how players interact with their teammates, and that was about the least interaction that I've seen of any player throughout the course of the game. And it got me wondering about how it was for VY in Nashville. So I wrote this:

A Vince Young QB Controversy? (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/10/22/a-vince-young-quarterback-controversy/)

And though I didn't mention it because this is total speculation, is it possible that VY was listening to music during the game so he wasn't talking to anyone? I say that because the Getty Images picture looks that way:

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/sports.aol.com/fanhouse/media/2007/10/vince-young-ballcap.jpg

The close up picture in Getty Images makes it easier to see than this one, but he definitely has an ear piece in.

That's kind of odd. I didn't have the luxury of watching from the stadium, but on TV, anytime Young was displayed, he was either watching the game tentatively, or was talking to coaches and Collins.

Texan_Bill
10-23-2007, 12:15 PM

link (http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/2007/09/30/vince-young-on-60-minutes-vince-shows-off-the-worst-tattoo-ever/)

I understand the whole rose thing with the women in his life each being a petal. That makes sense. BUT why in the **** would you tatoo your own first initial and last name on your back...???

Although, seeing that picture reminds me of "Steamin' Willy Beamin"

travfrancis
10-23-2007, 12:20 PM
TC, I was at the game as well. And as a big VY fan I had the binoculars on him pretty much all game (I was looking for any sort of move toward grabbing a helmet, although I knew deep inside it wasn't happening). I also was interested for some reason just to see his reactions to any big play, and also just to see what players he talked to the most and what not.

I would say my observations are much different than yours were. After any big play by the defense he would make sure to seek out the player who did something and give them a high five or whatever. With Nick Harper in particular it looks like they have some kind of routine they do, they have their own high five sequence that they did after Harper's 2nd interception. Also pretty much before each kickoff he'd give high fiives/pats on the back to the special teams unit, LeVar Woods in particular. On the sidelines I saw him engage in a couple of conversations with Keith Bulluck and Michael Griffin. Also he talked several times to a Titans player that was in warm ups, someone inactive for the game. I'm guessing maybe Brandon Jones since they seem close and he was inactive for the game. He also looked at the aerial shots with Kerry Collins a couple of times. For the most part it looked like he was keeping his distance from the offensive unit, letting Kerry Collins do his thing and have his space perhaps. It's also possible that Jeff Fisher told him before the game to stay away from him (Coach, not Collins), and not bother him about coming in the game or whatever. That last part is total speculation just a possibility.

Overalls
10-23-2007, 12:50 PM

That has got to be one of the most egotesticle things I have ever heard of.

As far as him being standoffish. I would bet he is just one of those QBs that has a hard time talking to people, listening to music and sulking at the same time.

Hardcore Texan
10-23-2007, 01:01 PM

hilarious

Kaiser Toro
10-23-2007, 01:04 PM
I sit in a seat that is 13 rows from the field on the 25 yard line in the north side of the stadium where the visitors are. VY was pretty much camped on the 35 yard line the whole game. I saw a lot of waving to fans and smiles and pounds given to his team mates that made their way over to him.

It was odd, but then again any discussion involving VY and Houston, as a back drop, is odd.

dtran04
10-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Wow that tattoo is absolutely terrible. Should have put a #10 under it while he was at it.

kastofsna
10-23-2007, 01:47 PM
you guys are making a big deal about the tattoo. it's nothing. he's just too dumb to remember his name, so he has a little reminder. unfortunately he put it on his back! doh!

TexansLucky13
10-23-2007, 01:50 PM
you guys are making a big deal about the tattoo. it's nothing. he's just too dumb to remember his name, so he has a little reminder. unfortunately he put it on his back! doh!

LMAO!!!

Holy ROFLcakes batman!

Texan_Bill
10-23-2007, 01:51 PM

If thats the case, he should have at least gotten it inked backwards so he could read it in a mirror..

HOU-TEX
10-23-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm surprised he doe doesn't have "ya kno" tattooed on his forehead. :specnatz:

Psychop1
10-23-2007, 03:32 PM
I understand the whole rose thing with the women in his life each being a petal. That makes sense. BUT why in the **** would you tatoo your own first initial and last name on your back...???

Although, seeing that picture reminds me of "Steamin' Willy Beamin"

A football player would understand it.

Texan_Bill
10-23-2007, 03:36 PM
A football player would understand it.

Laced 'em up for plenty of years - and I have tatoos, but I have never been so concussed that I would need my own name tatooed on my back... Perhaps thats more about riding the short bus as opposed to being a football player.

The Dream
10-23-2007, 03:57 PM
That has got to be one of the most egotesticle things I have ever heard of.

As far as him being standoffish. I would bet he is just one of those QBs that has a hard time talking to people, listening to music and sulking at the same time.

hater.

kastofsna
10-23-2007, 04:11 PM
ah, the ultimate dumbass way to end an argument, when clearly you're overmatched in every area. "hater." go titans

Silver Oak
10-23-2007, 04:13 PM
ah, the ultimate dumbass way to end an argument, when clearly you're overmatched in every area. "hater." go titans

+ rep

travfrancis
10-23-2007, 07:13 PM
lol at the kastofna - silver oak rep hook up. thats a pretty strong indicator that a thread has gone down the tubes.

nero THE zero
10-23-2007, 07:25 PM
TC, I was at the game as well. And as big VY fan I had the binoculars on him pretty much all game

Stay out of our stadium.

Texans_Chick
10-23-2007, 07:52 PM
I sit in a seat that is 13 rows from the field on the 25 yard line in the north side of the stadium where the visitors are. VY was pretty much camped on the 35 yard line the whole game. I saw a lot of waving to fans and smiles and pounds given to his team mates that made their way over to him.

It was odd, but then again any discussion involving VY and Houston, as a back drop, is odd.

Exactly.

If he talked to people, it was usually because they came to him, not because he was going to them.

Texans_Chick
10-24-2007, 03:47 PM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30557&page=2

Every MB has its own rehashed threads.

Specnatz
10-24-2007, 04:16 PM
TC, I was at the game as well. And as a big VY fan I had the binoculars on him pretty much all game (I was looking for any sort of move toward grabbing a helmet, although I knew deep inside it wasn't happening). I also was interested for some reason just to see his reactions to any big play, and also just to see what players he talked to the most and what not.

I kept my eyes on VY during the game yesterday and while he was off on the bench by himself at times I also saw him talking to Collins and giving teammates fives when they walked off the field....

So you pay all of your money to goto a football game and you watch some dude on the sidelines all game versus watching the actual game? Your both guys too?

Am I the only who finds this disturbing and could reach stalker status at some point in the future?

I understand if your a reporter and you cover the team and you want to watch reaction of players (star palayers not playing) and coaches and others throughout the game.

The Dream
10-24-2007, 04:20 PM

you're quick to call someone a dumbass when in reality there was no "argument" to begin with, lol.....I'm not sure how I'm "overmatched" here????!!!!????....it just amazes for all the hate that VY fans get for "being on his jock" most threads concerning the guy are started by people who despise him and watch his every move (not referring to you Texans_Chick, because you actually seem like a pretty level headed person who always backs up your opinions with some sort of logical explanation).....the fans on this board need to just come out and admit that they are bitter texans fans who don't want to see Vince succeed, because

A. We made the mistake of passing on him
B. He plays for Bud Adams

Texan_Bill
10-24-2007, 04:26 PM
So you pay all of your money to goto a football game and you watch some dude on the sidelines all game versus watching the actual game? Your both guys too?

Am I the only who finds this disturbing and could reach stalker status at some point in the future?

I understand if your a reporter and you cover the team and you want to watch reaction of players (star palayers not playing) and coaches and others throughout the game.

I dunno.. All that popped into my head was the sound bite of Rich Lord, which used to say, "have you seen Vince Young's package?" and now edited to say "have you seen Vince Young's body?"

At least in TC's case, I can understand the interest in the interaction on the bench, as it could lend to one of her articles.... Other than that, I dont get it....

Txn_in_FL
10-24-2007, 04:28 PM
TC, I was at the game as well. And as a big VY fan I had the binoculars on him pretty much all game

Soooooo... got yourself an alter to VY in your basement? Maybe a picture on your bedside table that you tell your deepest, darkest secrets and profess your love to just before drifting off to sleep?

Note to Vince, if you are reading this, call the police... NOW!!!

:splits:

Brando
10-24-2007, 04:33 PM
I dunno.. All that popped into my head was the sound bite of Rich Lord, which used to say, "have you seen Vince Young's package?" and now edited to say "have you seen Vince Young's body?"

At least in TC's case, I can understand the interest in the interaction on the bench, as it could lend to one of her articles.... Other than that, I dont get it....

They didn't spend money to watch the Texans, they went to watch Vince Almighty. They had to get their "money's worth". Glad they got jipped.:user:

Ole Miss Texan
10-24-2007, 04:38 PM
I think VY is completely into himself and thinks he's hotstuff. I think he puts himself out there as thinking he's better than everybody else. If Houston would have picked him, I think it actually would have gotten worse. He would have felt like he owned Austin and Houston. Not in an owned sort of way like he beat us last season...but always walking around town being like..."this is my town" and being an arrogant ass.

Maybe its a little creepy that I stare at the cheerleaders all game...that could probably reach stalker status in the near future.

It always seems theres 1 bad group of 'em and then the quarter ends and the next group is full of hotties and "i just think to my self...what a wonderful...world". followed by "championship!"

The Dream
10-24-2007, 04:40 PM
I think VY is completely into himself and thinks he's hotstuff. I think he puts himself out there as thinking he's better than everybody else. If Houston would have picked him, I think it actually would have gotten worse. He would have felt like he owned Austin and Houston. Not in an owned sort of way like he beat us last season...but always walking around town being like..."this is my town" and being an arrogant ass.

and this is based off of???????

kastofsna
10-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Note to Vince, if you are reading
that's a HUGE if.

Txn_in_FL
10-24-2007, 04:54 PM
that's a HUGE if.

Well, obviously he's not. Should I precede all future comments with any poor attempts at humor with a disclaimer stating that I'm not being serious?

:gun:

GlassHalfFull
10-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Well, obviously he's not. Should I precede all future comments with any poor attempts at humor with a disclaimer stating that I'm not being serious?

:gun:

I interpreted the "thats a HUGE if" to be a HUGE if that he can read. So I thought he was backing you up. Especially given earlier comments by Kastofsna.

Tis the trouble with posting. It is all too easy to be taken the wrong way.

:cowboy1:

travfrancis
10-24-2007, 05:09 PM

Are you that simple minded? The football game lasted over 3 hours, plenty of time to do both.

Double Barrel
10-24-2007, 05:10 PM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30557&page=2

Every MB has its own rehashed threads.

wow, crazy thread. It's interesting to read for insight into the minds of NFL fans. I figured all Titans fans were enamored with The Greatness, but I guess not.

Specnatz
10-24-2007, 05:14 PM

Maybe its a little creepy that I stare at the cheerleaders all game...that could probably reach stalker status in the near future.

It always seems theres 1 bad group of 'em and then the quarter ends and the next group is full of hotties and "i just think to my self...what a wonderful...world". followed by "championship!"

Guys staring at cheerleaders = cool :specnatz:
Women staring at cheerleaders = really cool :splits:

Txn_in_FL
10-24-2007, 05:16 PM
I interpreted the "thats a HUGE if" to be a HUGE if that he can read. So I thought he was backing you up. Especially given earlier comments by Kastofsna.

Tis the trouble with posting. It is all too easy to be taken the wrong way.

:cowboy1:

The joys of message boarding. I re-read what I responded with and it came off a tad on the unintentionally pricky side. Hey, it's been a long day.

:texflag:

Ole Miss Texan
10-24-2007, 05:26 PM

and this is based off of???????

The way he says things...I get the impression he just thinks he's so much cooler than everyone else. A lot of athletes are that way. I met Eli Manning when he was a junior and he was really down to earth guy...but at the same time you get the impression that he thinks he owns the bar, owns the town, etc. In a way..the starting QB does, they are the big man on campus and are mr. popular. It would just really bug me w/ VY being from Houston, went to UT, and then being the 'savior' of the franchise in Houston in the NFL...I think that'd be too much. That he'd be the most important person in the city and everyone should bow down to him.

Again...notice all those comments were.."I think". This is my opinion on just hearing him speak and conduct himself. I'm not saying "I know" he would do this or that...but that I think he would.

I'm not a hater either if that's what you think. The dudes an incredible athlete.

Sounds like MY problem is thinking too much. :cool:

Ole Miss Texan
10-24-2007, 05:27 PM
The joys of message boarding. I re-read what I responded with and it came off a tad on the unintentionally pricky side. Hey, it's been a long day.

Completely off topic but I love the storm trooper pic.

Overalls
10-24-2007, 05:58 PM
The way he says things...I get the impression he just thinks he's so much cooler than everyone else. A lot of athletes are that way. I met Eli Manning when he was a junior and he was really down to earth guy...but at the same time you get the impression that he thinks he owns the bar, owns the town, etc. In a way..the starting QB does, they are the big man on campus and are mr. popular. It would just really bug me w/ VY being from Houston, went to UT, and then being the 'savior' of the franchise in Houston in the NFL...I think that'd be too much. That he'd be the most important person in the city and everyone should bow down to him.

Again...notice all those comments were.."I think". This is my opinion on just hearing him speak and conduct himself. I'm not saying "I know" he would do this or that...but that I think he would.

I'm not a hater either if that's what you think. The dudes an incredible athlete.

Sounds like MY problem is thinking too much. :cool:

How about the fact he has his name written on his back in ink.. That is so egotesticle that it makes me pity the Wunderlic Kid.

The Dream
10-24-2007, 06:01 PM
That is so egotesticle that it makes me pity the Wunderlic Kid.

you might want to check your spelling before you clown on someone's intelligence.................................my testicles have an ego also.................a very big one at that. :shades:

Overalls
10-24-2007, 06:07 PM
you might want to check your spelling before you clown on someone's intelligence.................................my testicles have an ego also.................a very big one at that. :shades:

Or it might be that I spelled it like that on purpose. See SOME people find humor in jock jumpers. I am glad you are still able to prove my point.

The Dream
10-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Or it might be that I spelled it like that on purpose. See SOME people find humor in jock jumpers. I am glad you are still able to prove my point.

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure...............we believe you.............................. :cool:

gwallaia
10-24-2007, 06:10 PM
I rise in defense of Overalls here. I think he spelled it that way on purpose. Its like a play on words.

Ole Miss Texan
10-24-2007, 06:13 PM
LMAO!

I always say a "Freudian Slip" is better than having the "Oedipus Complex"

Silver Oak
10-24-2007, 06:14 PM
I second the defense as he did it in an earlier post as well.

The Dream
10-24-2007, 06:15 PM
he did it in an earlier post as well

then it's just a thing he has for testicles.................

EDIT

or he really just can't spell the word.

kastofsna
10-24-2007, 06:36 PM
better to have a thing for testicles in general than Vince Young's testicles. LIKE SOMEONE I KNOW LOL

Double Barrel
10-24-2007, 06:38 PM
This thread just took a left turn into Gaytown. :backsout:

Specnatz
10-24-2007, 06:39 PM
then it's just a thing he has for testicles.................

EDIT

or he really just can't spell the word.

At least he is not staring at a guy instead of watching the game, a guy you have admitted to having a crush on since high school.

Ole Miss Texan
10-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Maybe VY will get a tattoo of some testicles under his name?

SheTexan
10-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Maybe he was just listening to church music! Would go well with his little trek down to the Bullpen end zone just to make a big deal out of kneeling (facing Texans fans) and praying!! Guess he didn't think it would be appropriate to do that on HIS sideline with his team! Made me laugh anyway!! Such a drama queen!!!!!!!

The Dream
10-24-2007, 06:48 PM
better to have a thing for testicles in general than Vince Young's testicles. LIKE SOMEONE I KNOW LOL

eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....not worth a comeback.....

At least he is not staring at a guy instead of watching the game, a guy you have admitted to having a crush on since high school.

Well considering I'm not the one who started this thread, because I actually watched the game instead of "watching" Vince the entire time to the point where I could write a blog on it I'd say that you're off base.

You'll hung out in this thread about 15 minutes after I made that post thinking hard and that's the best you could come up with.................anywho keep your hatred for Vince up, because it just makes it that much more funny every time that he has and will crush your spirits.

brakos82
10-24-2007, 07:01 PM
This thread just took a left turn into Gaytown. :backsout:

I think it was that detour on I-10 a while back. :drive:

Texans_Chick
10-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Hey peeps, can we get back on topic? More talking about the topic, and less talking about genitalia and manjumping on it.

I observed VY because a. he was right there, b. I figured I should probably get a picture for the blog because he is a topic that people are interested in talking about. And then it was so eaaaasy to get that picture because he was camped out away from all his teammates and coaches for such a large part of the game. Stunningly so. So few people talked to him it was like he had bad breath or something.

The Dream
10-24-2007, 07:13 PM
I just think people are making too much out of this.........it's not like he was spitting in his teammates faces when they came off the field.....as usual VY will be okay and he'll recover from this, that is if it's anything he really has to recover from........

Fox
10-24-2007, 08:10 PM
First things that come to my mind:

- He felt like he could play, and is pouting because Fisher decided to hold him out.

and/or

- He's been hearing for so long that he's been carrying this team on his back that he's a little disturbed to see that the defense is still a great defense, and the offense can still move the ball quite effectively, without him.

Specnatz
10-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Hey peeps, can we get back on topic? More talking about the topic, and less talking about genitalia and manjumping on it.

I observed VY because a. he was right there, b. I figured I should probably get a picture for the blog because he is a topic that people are interested in talking about. And then it was so eaaaasy to get that picture because he was camped out away from all his teammates and coaches for such a large part of the game. Stunningly so. So few people talked to him it was like he had bad breath or something.

I understood exactly why you took notice, as a Journalist (I do not use that losely) you cover all aspects of a team. Same would be true if Bush or Mario or any other high profile athlete had an injury and was on the sideline. Lots of people take sports psychology very serious. This includes body language and the interracting of players with teammates.

This is why when Chad Johnson and Carson Palmer were arguing on the sidelines of the Bengals loss to the Patriots (for example), it was shown repeatedly and so often. Not saying VY was arguing but it is the same relam of interraction that fans and others want to see. Of course in this case it is the lack of interraction.

Besides VY is suppose to be the team leader, not sure if you can lead a team if you do not interract with them.

TC the one point that I do not recall you bringing up is that this could be another example of VY thinking he is better than the team. Missing the flight, not sleeping in the Hotel, and for some reason I was thinking there was another incident but I cold absolutely be wrong. If VY is the great leader then why not talk to the team during misplays or drops or a number of other things that had happened during the game? It is a valid point and observation regarding the sports psyche of a team and all the elements involved.

Double Barrel
10-25-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm not a VY homer/defender (far from it), but it just looked like he was watching the game and listening to the chatter from the coaches in his earpiece.

I think a lot of this speculation is just projection from fans that don't like the dude. AJ is not a sideline cheerleader, either, and he doesn't get any grief for it. Some guys lead on the field by their play and are less likely to rah-rah when they are injured and cannot help the team in the field.

Silver Oak
10-25-2007, 01:14 PM
He was the immediate backup to Collins right? I can't recall ever seeing a backup QB not being involved in the game plan...unless we count guys who get benched in the middle of a game, then there has been some pouting.

If vy was inactive for the game, then disregard my comments.

HoustonFrog
10-25-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm not a VY homer/defender (far from it), but it just looked like he was watching the game and listening to the chatter from the coaches in his earpiece.

I think a lot of this speculation is just projection from fans that don't like the dude. AJ is not a sideline cheerleader, either, and he doesn't get any grief for it. Some guys lead on the field by their play and are less likely to rah-rah when they are injured and cannot help the team in the field.

I agree. I had a friend at the game and I asked him the same thing last night and he said VY was high fiving guys and into the game but was either listening to the game or listening to coaches in the earpiece and paying attention to it. I think alot of this comes down to liking the guy and wanting to bust his chops. Maybe different people saw different things but I think he may have just been intense about the game while watching instead of running around.

travfrancis
10-25-2007, 04:30 PM
^ Exactly. If he was having a party on the sidelines and just having a gold ole time with his teammates people would be saying he's not taking the sport seriously and disrespecting people and all sorts of other things.

Psychop1
10-25-2007, 05:12 PM
He was the immediate backup to Collins right? I can't recall ever seeing a backup QB not being involved in the game plan...unless we count guys who get benched in the middle of a game, then there has been some pouting.

If vy was inactive for the game, then disregard my comments.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/23/fullj.getty-75557915js005_tennessee_tit.jpg

Various times during the game, Collins AND Young were shown on camera, going over plays with coaches.

The Dream
10-25-2007, 09:13 PM
I think a lot of this speculation is just projection from fans that don't like the dude

*ding, ding, ding* we have a winner........

Overalls
10-26-2007, 07:31 AM

I don't have a problem with Vince. I don't think he is very bright, has an ego problem, isn't a very good NFL QB and plays for the Titans. Other than that Iwould wish ANY Titans QB to fail.

:fans:

Mr teX
10-26-2007, 09:19 AM

that's pretty much how i saw it. I'm sure he was mad that he wasn't going to be able to play in his hometown against a division rival, but that's just the competitor in him. As someone noted earlier, He, Collins & the Qb coach were shown on TV numerous times going over plays & coverages.

Texan_Bill
10-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I don't have a problem with Vince. I don't think he is very bright, has an ego problem, isn't a very good NFL QB and plays for the Titans. Other than that Iwould wish ANY Titans QB to fail.

kastofsna
10-26-2007, 10:25 AM
the dream is confused because he thinks every Texans fan is also a Titans fan.

Double Barrel
10-26-2007, 10:31 AM

yeah, too bad we didn't pick him, 'eh? :winky:

Brando
10-26-2007, 11:22 AM
:texans84: *ding, ding, ding* we have a winner........

Overalls wins a Dante!:)

The Dream
10-27-2007, 11:53 AM
I don't think he is very bright

and this based off of?????

Brando
10-27-2007, 12:03 PM
and this based off of?????

So,you don't disagree with the other points?:) I'm guessing he is basing that off the Wonderlic score.

The Dream
10-27-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm guessing he is basing that off the Wonderlic score.

a test that Dan Marino performed miserable on also...me wonders why no one is questioning Dan's intelligence?????

Brando
10-27-2007, 12:13 PM
a test that Dan Marino performed miserable on also...me wonders why no one is questioning Dan's intelligence?????

Because he is one of the best QB's if not the best of All-Time? Dan did slip in the draft because of that. VY possibly could have if not for Bud Adams. JMO.

The Dream
10-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Because he is one of the best QB's if not the best of All-Time?

what does that have to do with intelligence????...if that's the case then I can make an argument that VY was one of the best all time college qbs and therefore is pretty intelligent himself..........

Brando
10-27-2007, 12:22 PM
what does that have to do with intelligence????...if that's the case then I can make an argument that VY was one of the best all time college qbs and therefore is pretty intelligent himself..........

Because he has earned the right to be respected as a NFL QB.VY will never come close to Dan's status.

Lucky
10-27-2007, 12:35 PM
...it's not like he was spitting in his teammates faces when they came off the field...
But had he, it would have been to fire up his teammates and make them more aggressive. Just another example of how Vince Young's amazing leadership could manifest.

Texans_Chick
10-27-2007, 12:48 PM

As for me personally, I like VY. When he helped win a national championship, I was in a room where all the participants agreed to name their next child Vince Young, whether it was a girl or a boy. Yes, there was some drinking going on. For those who know my history, I was one of the biggest (rational)VY supporters on the MB, though, as with any player, I noted his good and bad points.

I have watched a lot of sidelines from the seats, and have never seen someone so anti-social as VY during that game. Andre Johnson usually stands next to someone at least, or isn't standing 30 yards away from his closest teammate.

May be nothing. May be something. I have to say that though I am not as nitpicking as some with the way that VY carries himself, I've seen a few things in the what he says and does that give me a little concern.

The Dream
10-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Because he has earned the right to be respected as a NFL QB.VY will never come close to Dan's status.

once again accomplishments as a NFL QB don't say shit about your intelligence.......when Marino scored low on his wonderlic test (as a rookie who hadn't proven anything) he was not scrutinized like Vince....as a matter of fact I don't think I can ever recally anyone making a big deal out of a person's wonderlic scores....so the question remains....why with vince?

Lucky
10-27-2007, 12:57 PM
...as a matter of fact I don't think I can ever recally anyone making a big deal out of a person's wonderlic scores....so the question remains....why with vince?
You do realize that Marino dropped to the next to last pick in the 1st round, while Young went 3rd overall? If anyone was hurt by low test scores, it was Dan.

Brando
10-27-2007, 12:58 PM
once again accomplishments as a NFL QB don't say shit about your intelligence.......when Marino scored low on his wonderlic test (as a rookie who hadn't proven anything) he was not scrutinized like Vince....as a matter of fact I don't think I can ever recally anyone making a big deal out of a person's wonderlic scores....so the question remains....why with vince?

Okay, Dan never tried to slap a player that was wearing a helmet and Dan talks in complete sentences. Just admit VY is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.......

Specnatz
10-27-2007, 12:59 PM
As for me personally, I like VY. When he helped win a national championship, I was in a room where all the participants agreed to name their next child Vince Young, whether it was a girl or a boy. Yes, there was some drinking going on. For those who know my history, I was one of the biggest (rational)VY supporters on the MB, though, as with any player, I noted his good and bad points.

I have watched a lot of sidelines from the seats, and have never seen someone so anti-social as VY during that game. Andre Johnson usually stands next to someone at least, or isn't standing 30 yards away from his closest teammate.

May be nothing. May be something. I have to say that though I am not as nitpicking as some with the way that VY carries himself, I've seen a few things in the what he says and does that give me a little concern.

But TC you are not allowd to be rational when it comes to discussing VY, you either have to think he is God or a piece of crap. Most of my comments have been on fans who worship the ground he walks on and the ridding that goes on from said people.

I think he has talent and a lot of upside but I cannot stand the Titans. Like I said earlier I have never seen a starting QB who was hurt not stand by the coach at some point during the game when the offense was on the field. VY was pretty darn near as far away as possible from doing that.

The Dream
10-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Dan talks in complete sentences. Just admit VY is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.......

oh yes talking in complete sentences in perfect english is EXACTLY the universal measurement for intelligence.........anyone who bases a persons intelligence on that is someone who I would consider "not the sharpest knife in drawer"....that unfortunately includes the majority of the people in this thread....

Blazing Arrow
10-27-2007, 03:05 PM

I seem to recall allot of people thinking Steve Young sucked out the gate. He would never amount to anything .... not saying that the two compare but it is a little naive to think you can judge a QB on what has equated to a little over a seasons worth of starts.

The Dream
10-27-2007, 03:20 PM
vince young is not david carr........

Blazing Arrow
10-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Anyone who ever suggests that Young will be replaced by Collins knows absolutely nothing about the Titans and nothing about football. Tom Collins is a hack... has been his entire career. He has rarely had a team mate stick up for him. He under throws balls and puts guys in a position to get hurt. Reference Toomer, Moss ,etc .

People rag on Young for his comp % ... Collins career is 55.5% w/ only one season in his first 6 being above 53%

Brando
10-27-2007, 04:21 PM
vince young is not david carr........

And here I will digress.......

Overalls
10-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Okay, Dan never tried to slap a player that was wearing a helmet and Dan talks in complete sentences. Just admit VY is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.......

I bet Dan never had to tattoo his name on his back to show people he was a QB. He did it on the field.

The Dream
10-27-2007, 05:16 PM
I bet Dan never had to tatoo his name on his back to show people he was a QB. He did it on the field.

some of you people will find anything to complain about......I worry for some of you guys health, because your heart must be deteriating over the hatred it holds..............

Overalls
10-27-2007, 05:29 PM
some of you people will find anything to complain about......I worry for some of you guys health, because your heart must be deteriating over the hatred it holds..............

I'm not complaining. I think it suits his ego. If anything I pity him and the people who can't seem to realize he is just an average 2nd year QB trying to figure out the game. He may one day be an ellite QB but for now he aint much.

Brando
10-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Ya know Dream it was never personal for me until you gave me this neg rep.....

bigotry is never a good thing...

Have I ever gave you a neg rep because I didn't agree with you?

I worry for your health, because your heart must be deteriating over the hatred it holds..............

The Dream
10-27-2007, 05:42 PM
but for now he aint much.

same goes for the texans.........

kastofsna
10-27-2007, 07:31 PM
lol @ saying Marino wasn't scrutinized for his wonderlic scores. not because he was, but no one cared at all about wonderlic scores back then. they hardly cared about the draft. Marino dropped for doing coke. he's also approximately 100,000 times the QB that young is

The Dream
10-27-2007, 07:34 PM
lol @ saying Marino wasn't scrutinized for his wonderlic scores. not because he was, but no one cared at all about wonderlic scores back then

yeah no one seemed to care about them at all until a certain player entered the NFL draft............

Brando
10-27-2007, 10:58 PM
he's also approximately 100,000 times the QB that young is

and ever will be.....

kastofsna
10-27-2007, 11:01 PM
wrong, the wonderlic has been a story since as long as i've followed the draft, it was just a bigger story with Young because he's so stupid and his score was so hysterically low. but that's because he's soooooooo DUMB.

Brando
10-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Just one last comment on this thread for me because some people(I'm not pointing fingers) made this a racial issue. I just want the record to show I never looked at VY, from day one of his career in college and judged him because of his skin color. I just don't think he is very bright and is overrated as a QB. He is a great runner and could be a good passer. Saying that does that make me a bigot? Don't think so.

I'm done with this thread and I guess I shouldn't have got caught up in the middle of it. I just wanted people to see that I am not a bigot. A Titan hater? Yes absolutely. VY hater? Because he is now the enemy against my beloved Texans? Yes absolutely.
Bigot? No, just calling it like a I see it....

I would also like to thank everyone that gave me positive rep.:cool:

Silver Oak
10-28-2007, 12:52 PM
"You Must Spread Some Reputation Around Before giving It To M Shadows Again"

The Dream
10-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Just one last comment on this thread for me because some people(I'm not pointing fingers) made this a racial issue. I just want the record to show I never looked at VY, from day one of his career in college and judged him because of his skin color. I just don't think he is very bright and is overrated as a QB. He is a great runner and could be a good passer. Saying that does that make me a bigot? Don't think so.

I'm done with this thread and I guess I shouldn't have got caught up in the middle of it. I just wanted people to see that I am not a bigot. A Titan hater? Yes absolutely. VY hater? Because he is now the enemy against my beloved Texans? Yes absolutely.
Bigot? No, just calling it like a I see it....

lol

Silver Oak
10-28-2007, 02:27 PM
2/6 for 16 yds in the first half of the game against the Raiders.

no controversy here IMO...he just ain't no good as a passer.

kastofsna
10-28-2007, 04:13 PM
he made up for the first half though with his amazing second half. 26 yards in the second! for a total of 42! wow!

but he did win. and yes, i do mean HE, because he just wins. nothing to do with the Titans' top 5 defense and Lendale White's 100 yards on the ground. it's all VY.

bah007
10-28-2007, 04:19 PM
wrong, the wonderlic has been a story since as long as i've followed the draft, it was just a bigger story with Young because he's so stupid and his score was so hysterically low. but that's because he's soooooooo DUMB.

In Dream's defense:

VY's final score was a 15.

Donovan McNabb's was a 14.

Pacman Jones scored a 13. No suprise there.

Frank Gore scored a 6. (but I believe he has a learning disability...and he got his college "education" at the U.

The Dream
10-28-2007, 04:19 PM
he was playing on a bad leg and the running game was on today, so he didn't have a "good" game...and although he didn't assist in the win today he didn't hurt his team with bone headed plays...I heard he had a couple of dropped passes for tds also..................bottom line is the Tits are 5-2

kastofsna
10-28-2007, 04:45 PM
In Dream's defense:

VY's final score was a 15.

Donovan McNabb's was a 14.

Pacman Jones scored a 13. No suprise there.

Frank Gore scored a 6. (but I believe he has a learning disability...and he got his college "education" at the U.
young scored a 7.

bah007
10-28-2007, 04:56 PM
young scored a 7.

Right.

He scored a 7 & the NFL let him take the test again & he scored a 15.

kastofsna
10-28-2007, 05:00 PM
i'm gonna go ahead and stick with the original 7. because the 15 reflects how dumb he really is that he took the same test twice and managed to get only a 15.

Silver Oak
10-28-2007, 05:06 PM
he was playing on a bad leg and the running game was on today, so he didn't have a "good" game...and although he didn't assist in the win today he didn't hurt his team with bone headed plays...I heard he had a couple of dropped passes for tds also..................bottom line is the Tits are 5-2

I would be willing to bet that everyone on that field had some kind of ache or pain. That is a weak defense of yet another sub NFL qb performance.

Yes, "tits" are 5-2. May their playoff hopes yet be dashed.

The Dream
10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
I would be willing to bet that everyone on that field had some kind of ache or pain. That is a weak defense of yet another sub NFL qb performance.

yeah,but I don't think I can ever recall VY only throwing it 16 times...........a strained quad for a QB who depends on his legs can really affect ones play..........................

Silver Oak
10-28-2007, 05:15 PM
perhaps, but with the way our game is going right now, I just don't feel like criticising a player when ours are stinking up San Diego right now, so I'll ease out of this forum.

bah007
10-28-2007, 05:38 PM
i'm gonna go ahead and stick with the original 7. because the 15 reflects how dumb he really is that he took the same test twice and managed to get only a 15.

LOL.

At least he doubled his score.

Blazing Arrow
10-28-2007, 06:11 PM
did you miss that we are 5-2 at least we do not sit out QB... seems to be a running theme in Hou-Stink.

ChildressTitanMan
10-28-2007, 06:31 PM
perhaps, but with the way our game is going right now, I just don't feel like criticising a player when ours are stinking up San Diego right now, so I'll ease out of this forum.

Don't leave it's just getting interesting.Norv Turner is now stressing how he can avoid sticking the knife in any deeper.The tension is killing me.

Wolf
10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
whatever... i wish people would get a grip... we are getting beat badly and if vince's 42 yard passing would have helped i'd be estatic, but he'd do nothing for us right now, our defense is horrible

Vinny
10-28-2007, 06:51 PM
whatever... i wish people would get a grip... we are getting beat badly and if vince's 42 yard passing would have helped i'd be estatic, but he'd do nothing for us right now, our defense is horrible
VY changes defenses schemes whether you recognize that or not. There is a reason that the Titans run the ball so well with him at QB.

Wolf
10-28-2007, 06:53 PM
VY changes defenses schemes whether you recognize that or not. There is a reason that the Titans run the ball so well with him at QB.

i agree with that but some take it to extreme

ChildressTitanMan
10-28-2007, 07:11 PM

One thing to remember is that the Chargers began badly this year. They've turned things around & many had them down as Super Bowl favorites this season.

It sucks to be on the end of a whooping but by a better team.It doesn't mean that all is lost though.Carolina is a decent match up for you.

Bulluck53
10-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Vince looked almost scared today, I think Ryan did a great job of screwing with his head. VY had two (possibly 3) touchdowns dropped today but his receivers. He certainly wasn't helped out by his teammates.

I think his 42 yards is going to be blown out of porportion, though. He threw the ball 14 times and was the victim of at least 4 drops.

Bulluck53
10-28-2007, 07:53 PM
he made up for the first half though with his amazing second half. 26 yards in the second! for a total of 42! wow!

but he did win. and yes, i do mean HE, because he just wins. nothing to do with the Titans' top 5 defense and Lendale White's 100 yards on the ground. it's all VY.

How about this then, he didn't lose the game for us. That has always been Titans football. Run the ball, stop the run, minimize mistakes. Today we did all three and won.

Wolf
10-28-2007, 08:05 PM
funny thread just funny