PDA

View Full Version : AJ is not the answer

Yankee_In_TX
10-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Mark this down, so I can say "I told you so."

I keep seeing "I want Andre back," "Andre will fix everything," etc.

When Andre is back, we're not going back to week 1 and 2 ball. We've had a LOT of problems develop since then (exactly what and why is a whole other thread). We've had OD over the middle, and Walter and Davis stepping up to stretch the field.

Yes, AJ is a top NFL wide receiver. Yes, I miss him.

No, having him back will not "fix" our current woes.

awtysst
10-22-2007, 10:13 AM

When Andre is back, we're not going back to week 1 and 2 ball. We've had a LOT of problems develop since then (exactly what and why is a whole other thread). We've had OD over the middle, and Walter and Davis stepping up to stretch the field.

I think it fixes some things, but like you said not everything. AJ is well known around the league as someone who can take a small catch and make it a big completion. Defenses have to make sure they keep an eye on him on every play. That allows OD and JJ, and really our run offense as well. Teams tend to stack the box because they know none of our starters are particularly dangerous. With AJ in there, Green averaged 4.6 and 4.7 ypg, and without AJ he has averaged 2.8 and 3.5. That might not seem like a huge difference, but when you lineup on 2nd and 5 its a lot better than lining up on 2nd and 8.

Yankee_In_TX
10-22-2007, 10:15 AM
I agree, we'll be better, this is a given. But I keep feeling like a lot of people have the sentiment that we're back to week 1 and 2 ball the instant he's back.

Leahmic223
10-22-2007, 10:16 AM
I think it fixes some things, but like you said not everything. AJ is well known around the league as someone who can take a small catch and make it a big completion. Defenses have to make sure they keep an eye on him on every play. That allows OD and JJ, and really our run offense as well. Teams tend to stack the box because they know none of our starters are particularly dangerous. With AJ in there, Green averaged 4.6 and 4.7 ypg, and without AJ he has averaged 2.8 and 3.5. That might not seem like a huge difference, but when you lineup on 2nd and 5 its a lot better than lining up on 2nd and 8.

It doesn't fix everything.

Our LT still sucks, our run blocking needs to improve. Lets just talk offense, the only way AJ effects defense is helping the offense play better to keep the defense fresh.

But it does fix our passing game and teams are not going to stack the box like they did the past 5 weeks. It will allow all of our WRs to get open and with how Davis and Walter has stepped up, with Andre in there this could be a very dangerous passing game.

You take the best player off any teams offense and that offense will probably struggle.

gtexan02
10-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Yes it will. Having an electric offense does 2 things:

1. Opens up the run game
2. Keeps our offense on the field
3. Keeps our defense off the field
4. Keeps their offense off the field
5. Gives our players confidence

Mr teX
10-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Of course it won't fix everything, but i doubt we'll look like we jumped in a time machine & went back to 2001, b/c that's how we've been looking the past couple of weeks.

AJ's presence means our offense should be more efficient. The red zone problems we've had since he's been out should tell you all you need to know about that.

The1ApplePie
10-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Two words:

Culpepper
Moss

gtexan02
10-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Whats the point of this thread, exactly? Kick sand in our eyes. Knock us while we're down?

Our best player, and arguably one of the top 5 or 10 players in the entire NFL at ANY position is out, we're losing, and we're not supposed to expect that it will help any when he gets back?

We've gone 1-4 since he's been out. With AJ we were 2-0. Thats all I know and all I need to know. You can do your "civic duty" and keep us from getting our hopes up if you want, but I dont see the point
That seems dumb. And pointless to start an entire thread over it

real
10-22-2007, 10:40 AM
I think the closest comparison to style of offense and supporting cast is Steve Smith's Panthers.

You take Steve Smith away from that offense and they function less efficiently.

Same thing goes for A.J.

Nza
10-22-2007, 10:41 AM
A true #1 WR like AJ can change an O and the D's an O faces beyond his own 6 catches per game or whatever. He's a scheme changer, which is a pretty big thing to subtract from an offense out of nowhere from injury when they have none after him.

Mr teX
10-22-2007, 10:42 AM
I think the closest comparison to style of offense and supporting cast is Steve Smith's Panthers.

You take Steve Smith away from that offense and they function less efficiently.

Same thing goes for A.J.

dead on...

Leahmic223
10-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Whats the point of this thread, exactly? Kick sand in our eyes. Knock us while we're down?

Our best player, and arguably one of the top 5 or 10 players in the entire NFL at ANY position is out, we're losing, and we're not supposed to expect that it will help any when he gets back?

We've gone 1-4 since he's been out. With AJ we were 2-0. Thats all I know and all I need to know. You can do your "civic duty" and keep us from getting our hopes up if you want, but I dont see the point
That seems dumb. And pointless to start an entire thread over it

I don't get the whole "Its not going to help much" mentality either.

We'll see what happens when he comes back, problem is we don't know when that is going to be.

brickman
10-22-2007, 11:03 AM

It will help, but we really miss McKinney as much or more than Dre right now.

HoustonFrog
10-22-2007, 11:06 AM
AJ won't fix everything but it will help us in the way that we weren't using the running game to set up the pass earlier in the season. We used the pass to set up the running game...what game we had. So hopefully with him back and working the field we will be able to work the offense more efficiently. Despite the other WRs stepping up in some games I still think they are having problems finding their creases and that time Schaub has had to hold it has made a big difference...and the line being horrible.

run-david-run
10-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Even though Walter and Davis have really steped up, there has been almost no yardage after catch from any receiver on our team other then AJ. Look at the TD aginst Carolina where he caught the ball about 7 yards upfield and just ran by everyone for a 33 yard TD. No one else on our team can do that, so while we are making big plays, esspecially Davis, AJ brings something no one else on our team has, the ability to make big plays with the ball in his hands. This also opens up the run and evey other passing option. I dont think AJ coming back will fix everything, but its definately going to help.

austintexanite
10-22-2007, 11:42 AM
AJ back won't fix everything, but it will definitely help in the red zone and allow other players to get freed up.

Texan_Bill
10-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Even though Walter and Davis have really steped up, there has been almost no yardage after catch from any receiver on our team other then AJ. Look at the TD aginst Carolina where he caught the ball about 7 yards upfield and just ran by everyone for a 33 yard TD. No one else on our team can do that, so while we are making big plays, esspecially Davis, AJ brings something no one else on our team has, the ability to make big plays with the ball in his hands. This also opens up the run and evey other passing option. I dont think AJ coming back will fix everything, but its definately going to help.

Point taken...

Counter point:
Andre Johnson for his career averages 13.0 yards per reception

Andre Davis and Kevin Walter (this season)
Davis 19.2 yards
Walter 13.2 yards

HardcoreTexan
10-22-2007, 12:26 PM
As stated in some posts previous I think he being back will have an impact on improving other areas on our offense. It won't be the magic that makes this TEAM win but it will have an impact.

Double Barrel
10-22-2007, 12:28 PM
yeah, our only true offensive playmaker will not make a difference when he returns.....riiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

real
10-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Point taken...

Counter point:

Davis 19.2 yards
Walter 13.2 yards

1) They don't have as large a sample size
2) The ability for a reciever to make plays after a catch is what changes how a defense can play

Texan_Bill
10-22-2007, 12:36 PM
1) They don't have as large a sample size
2) The ability for a reciever to make plays after a catch is what changes how a defense can play

Very true, but for the sake of this discussion all we can use is their numbers during AJ's absence. The point was that these two guys have been very productive. Of course I am not saying the O wouldn't be better with AJ, but for this O to make a difference, it will take a running game.

Texans_Chick
10-22-2007, 12:55 PM
The Texans are a thin thin thin team that has been remade since 2005. You can't acquire everyone at once--and they are make do at a lot of key positions.

And they have a lot of placeholders on the team until they can get more pieces and parts, but part of that is needing not to lose their key guys.

If you were going to come up with a list of key players you wouldn't want to lose on offense, it would be Steve McKinney, Ahman Green, and Andre Johnson. Ahman Green is back, but reports are that he is still dinged a little, and there's no telling about how he can play because they aren't calling running plays because they aren't working efficiently. Or that they are throwing a lot on first down, and getting into long second down situations.

The special teams was what was carrying the team early in the season and in the preseason. They were reliable. They got incredible field position. With Mathis out, and Jones not himself after the injury, the ST turned into a unreliable liability. Look at where the average starting location was for the Titans at the beginning of their drives.

The Texans have actually been very good at moving the ball in the air this season with the exception of the first three quarters of this game? Is this an anomaly of a quirky game where Jones dumps the ball on the field and all the mo goes the Titans way. The Titans defense has embarrassed other offenses this season and has been carrying that team.

Or are we going to see more horrible defense, of what happens when your offense can't run the ball and teams know they can scheme their defenses accordingly.

The 4th quarter of the game--a game where the Texans turned over the ball 6 times, and botched onside kicks, and had odd penalties--that fourth quarter gives some sort of hope that the Texans offense is not dead yet.

AJ ain't gonna solve all the Texans problems, but boy what he does for opposing defenses is something. If he gets single coverage, he will just overpower the guy and go to the races. Heck, he sometimes can do that with double coverage.

infantrycak
10-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Let's see--third WR on the field with Walter and Davis--Harry Anderson v. AJ.

Nope, no difference there. No he isn't THE answer, but he sure is heck is AN answer.

real
10-22-2007, 01:44 PM
The difference with A.J on the field is that we can kind of dictate what we want to do.

Without him it's like we are just taking what the defense is giving us/hoping someone can make a play.

And yes...our other recievers have made some really good plays...

infantrycak
10-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Without him it's like we are just taking what the defense is giving us/hoping someone can make a play.

Taking what the defense gives is what the Texans did the past 5 years. With a crap running game, this team is making things happen in the air. The Texans through 7 games have 21 plays over 20 yards and 7 over 40 yards with almost none of it being the WRs taking short passes long. All of last year they had 29 and 3.

real
10-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Taking what the defense gives is what the Texans did the past 5 years. With a crap running game, this team is making things happen in the air. The Texans through 7 games have 21 plays over 20 yards and 7 over 40 yards with almost none of it being the WRs taking short passes long. All of last year they had 29 and 3.

No doubt...

And maybe I didn't use the correct wording...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we dictated what we wanted to do in the first two games when A.J. was in the game...

Like that 70 yard pass play that came off of play-action that was designed for Andre.....Or that little short throw where he was in the slot and ran in like he was going to crack the LB but turned up field and caught his second TD of the day...

I think without him we don't have a player that we can build plays around in order to try and dictate what we want to happen...

I think our recievers have definitely stepped up and made plays though...

dickieb
10-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Our team is pretty sick right now, and not in a good way. I think we could use a little Dr. Dre right about now.

infantrycak
10-22-2007, 02:18 PM
No doubt...

And maybe I didn't use the correct wording...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we dictated what we wanted to do in the first two games when A.J. was in the game...

Like that 70 yard pass play that came off of play-action that was designed for Andre.....Or that little short throw where he was in the slot and ran in like he was going to crack the LB but turned up field and caught his second TD of the day...

I think without him we don't have a player that we can build plays around in order to try and dictate what we want to happen...

I think our recievers have definitely stepped up and made plays though...

Totally agree there. AJ let's us create mismatches and pull coverage away from the LOS and run support.

Yankee_In_TX
10-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Again, I am not disrespecting the best offensive player on our team (IMHO). I made this thread because at least a few people have posted as if when AJ is back the team will be 100% healthy and win the next 9 games straight.

I feel some people overlook larger issues - such as the decline of special teams without Mathis and with Jones still injured, McKinney gone, possible coaching/game plan issues, etc.

Hopefully we'll have Jones, AJ, and Schaub back in and healthy ASAP.

YellerLotYeller
10-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Rumor has it...
AJ put on 100 lbs. and will be our new starting Left Tackle, so he will be the difference maker.:specnatz:

gtexan02
10-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Again, I am not disrespecting the best offensive player on our team (IMHO). I made this thread because at least a few people have posted as if when AJ is back the team will be 100% healthy and win the next 9 games straight.

I feel some people overlook larger issues - such as the decline of special teams without Mathis and with Jones still injured, McKinney gone, possible coaching/game plan issues, etc.

Hopefully we'll have Jones, AJ, and Schaub back in and healthy ASAP.

I still don't get the point of this thread. A few people hold out hope that the Texans might have a chance if our star #1, game changing receiver comes back and you decide to dash it with a reality check that the rest of the team still sucks?

(Not necessarily saying thats a horrible thing, as I've done the same thing before, but still).

I mean, seriously, whats the message here? Theres no hope at all? The one thing we can really change during the next 9 weeks isn't going to make a difference?

Realistically, you have to be delusional to think the Texans are going to win 9 in a row, and I have yet to see anyone claiming that if AJ is back we are a lock to finish 12-4. Heck, Im apparently something of a pessimist on this board, but even I believe that once AJ is back, we are going to notice a huge change out of our offense. I said it once, and I'll say it again. All things considered, we were 2-0 with AJ and are 1-4 without him. But, I guess if reality checking is the mode du jour, then so be it :pirate:

TexansSeminole
10-22-2007, 03:28 PM
The Texans are a thin thin thin team that has been remade since 2005. You can't acquire everyone at once--and they are make do at a lot of key positions.

Yea and you know I think Matt Schaub is going to rest a week or two. I think he was already somewhat injured before the Titans game. From what I understand he has a knick on his leg and a bruised hip. We really probably should rest Schaub and get him back healthy...there is no reason to put him out there partly injured.

TexansSeminole
10-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Totally agree there. AJ let's us create mismatches and pull coverage away from the LOS and run support.

That normally draws that eighth man away from the line of scrimmage. Without AJ we are finding it hard to manipulate the defense with our motion.

Agree with both of you guys (real and infantrycak) BTW.

Vinny
10-22-2007, 03:38 PM
I kinda think that fixing one flat tire doesn't automatically mean that both tires that were flat are fixed just because you fix one tire...but it's one less tire to fix going forward.

Thorn
10-22-2007, 03:39 PM
When AJ comes back we'll be a better team. How much better we'll see then.

But I can guarantee you guys until we fix the o-line and get a better RB we still won't have a play off caliber offense. And until we get some better safeties people will throw on us.

You have to be a complete team to win the super bowl, and we aren't even close. Hell, I'm beginning to wonder if we go 8-8 now.

brickman
11-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Andre Johnson is a man among boys and makes all the difference with this team. They just have a different swagger when he is in the lineup. He affects both the offense and defense for us. What a stud!!!!!! :fans: :heart:

powerfuldragon
11-19-2007, 10:17 AM
The Texans are undefeated this season when Dre starts.

gtexan02
11-19-2007, 11:04 AM
I think in light of this thread, that AJ's new nickname should be "The Answer"

I guess its too bad thats already taken.

But, just for fun:
The texans are undefeated with AJ
Schaub threw 2 TD passes with AJ gone, and in his first game back, already matched that total
AJ has 3 100+ yard games with TDs in each

He is the difference maker

eriadoc
11-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Well, just to play Devil's Advocate, AJ still didn't have a red zone TD. The extra score in the red zone was key.

Double Barrel
11-19-2007, 11:06 AM
yeah, our only true offensive playmaker will not make a difference when he returns.....riiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

booya!! :cowboy1:

gtexan02
11-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Well, just to play Devil's Advocate, AJ still didn't have a red zone TD. The extra score in the red zone was key.

To quote the Bush-lovers, you better believe AJs presence opened up that spot for Dreesen. Talk about Decoys and all.

Its just like when Colston freed up Henderson. Without Colston, Henderson would never have been that open ni the end zone

TEXANRED
11-19-2007, 11:09 AM

Who needs RedZone scores when you can hit them for 70+ yards away.

That was his second 70 yard TD catch in the three games he has played.

Mr teX
11-19-2007, 11:13 AM
AJ just took a bit %$#@ on this thread.....

Porky
11-19-2007, 11:20 AM

You still sure about that? :user:

SheTexan
11-19-2007, 11:22 AM

And how sweet that last one was!! Brought tears to my old eyes!! AJ's presence makes everyone better, so it seams. We still have some missing pieces to the puzzle, but, having AJ back definitely made the puzzle look more complete.

eriadoc
11-19-2007, 11:24 AM

Well, if they hit those consistently, then I don't care about the red zone. Unfortunately, if they throw a long TD to AJ every single game, and then kick four FGs, they're still going to lose a lot more than they should. As I said, I am playing Devil's Advocate to an extent, though I have been annoyed at the red zone offense most of the year. AJ definitely helps things out, there's no doubt.

The only thing that upset me about yesterday's game was the fact that AJ should have had two more long TDs where he was WIDE OPEN and Schaub never looked his way. GAH!!!

AJ is the man.

Ole Miss Texan
11-19-2007, 11:26 AM
I think in light of this thread, that AJ's new nickname should be "The Answer"

I guess its too bad thats already taken.

But, just for fun:
The texans are undefeated with AJ
Schaub threw 2 TD passes with AJ gone, and in his first game back, already matched that total
AJ has 3 100+ yard games with TDs in each

He is the difference maker

Dangit..I like "The Answer" for AJ.

That's incredible.
With AJ: 3-0 (5 Td's and 1 Int's, 4 Td's to AJ)
Without AJ: 2-5 (2Td's and 6 Int's)

I'd say he missed AJ just a lil!

Texan_Bill
11-19-2007, 11:29 AM
http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photogallery/Season/2007-11-18-Saints-Texans/1stQuarter/DSC_0243.JPG

/close thread

(Thanks BullPenPhotos for yet another great shot).

run-david-run
11-19-2007, 11:31 AM

his second TD against Carolina was 9 yards I think, thus in the red zone. But your point is appreciated, red zone offense and turnovers are our offense's biggest problems (aside from injuries, which we seem to be recovering from now)

BigBull17
11-19-2007, 11:31 AM
The team had more fire it seems. Wether its from the Golden Boy, or from Dre's return, who knows. Its amazing how much better our offense looks with dre.

TEXANRED
11-19-2007, 11:32 AM
If AJ is not the answer I would like to know what the question was.

Here is a question for you. If Chuck Norris was to square off against Andre Johnson, who wins?

ATX
11-19-2007, 11:37 AM
AJ is without doubt the best player on this team. Even after losing Dunta, having AJ back makes us a better team than weeks 3-10 team.

BigBull17
11-19-2007, 11:38 AM
http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photogallery/Season/2007-11-18-Saints-Texans/1stQuarter/DSC_0243.JPG

/close thread

(Thanks BullPenPhotos for yet another great shot).

The Saints need the ref at corner over David, hes closer. Oh, and I dont think Dre could beat Chuck Norris, unless its a foot race.

Yankee_In_TX
11-19-2007, 11:40 AM
You still sure about that? :user:

Yes, yes I am. I did not take into account a Texans intern being staffed the entire game in the endzone with a freshly deep fried turkey. That was the difference maker.

I kid, I kid. Where's my big fat plate of crow?

Mr teX
11-19-2007, 11:41 AM
The Saints need the ref at corner over David, hes closer. Oh, and I dont think Dre could beat Chuck Norris, unless its a foot race.

No kidding..

ATX
11-19-2007, 11:42 AM
If AJ is not the answer I would like to know what the question was.

Here is a question for you. If Chuck Norris was to square off against Andre Johnson, who wins?

There is only 1 man in the world Chuck Norris is afraid of and that man is Andre Johnson. Chuck often dreams about being Matt Schaub, not because he wants to be Matt Schaub, but because he is so jealous that Matt is lucky enough to throw him the ball. This is the first time Chuck has ever experienced jealousy in his life.......that's how special AJ is.

Specnatz
11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Yes, yes I am. I did not take into account a Texans intern being staffed the entire game in the endzone with a freshly deep fried turkey. That was the difference maker.

I kid, I kid. Where's my big fat plate of crow?

Just add ketchup, it makes everything taste better. :)

4Texans
11-19-2007, 01:18 PM

I don't like those long TD throw's.... They just hurt our "Time of Possession",!

:sarcasm:

AJ IS an Answer.:shades:

hookinreds
11-19-2007, 02:48 PM
To quote the Bush-lovers, you better believe AJs presence opened up that spot for Dreesen. Talk about Decoys and all.

Its just like when Colston freed up Henderson. Without Colston, Henderson would never have been that open ni the end zone

I agree in than it's not as much of what he does to get the ball, it's what the other team does to see that he doesn't. His presance on the field immediatly becomes a focal point for the DB/S/LB core to "know where AD is". One extended look by Schaub, or a ball fake and the S/LB will be biting, and opening up the field for the other recievers. He keeps the DB/LB/S honest and keeps the number of blitz opportunities down as well as a solid go to when the obvious blitz is on.

Tulip
11-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Given that I didn't reply to the thread originally, I could say that I knew better too. BUT - the truth is that I agreed with the sentiment of the OP. And then I knew I was wrong when as soon as the players were introduced at Reliant yesterday. The pure joy expressed by the crowd when AJ's name was called, coupled with the body language of the players waiting there to greet him, and heck, and even just the feeling that I got when I saw him run out on the field - I realized just how much this guy means to this team and to this city.

And it just snowballed from there.

I'm a believer now.

run-david-run
11-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Point taken...

Counter point:

Davis 19.2 yards
Walter 13.2 yards

This might be a little after the fact, but this season (lets compare apples to apples, neither Davis or Walter had to put up with the 'lets only throw hitches' offense of past regimes) AJ is averaging about 19 yards per catch and he probably had more YAC on that one 70 yard TD then Davis and Walter all season. Most receivers, like Walter, even Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne, are great at getting open and getting the ball. But there are a few guys like AJ, TO, Steve Smith, who are not only great at cathing the ball, they are even more dangerous with the ball in their hands. When Harrison gets the ball over the middle he goes down (think Reggie's fetal position yesterday), when Andre gets the ball in the middle of the field, he's looking for the endzone (TD against the Panthers: on one else on our team would have scored on that play). Thats why he is so valuable.

Yankee_In_TX
11-19-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm a believer now.

Sign me up. Being SO wrong never felt SO good :)

Texan_Bill
11-19-2007, 04:05 PM
This might be a little after the fact, but this season (lets compare apples to apples, neither Davis or Walter had to put up with the 'lets only throw hitches' offense of past regimes) AJ is averaging about 19 yards per catch and he probably had more YAC on that one 70 yard TD then Davis and Walter all season. Most receivers, like Walter, even Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne, are great at getting open and getting the ball. But there are a few guys like AJ, TO, Steve Smith, who are not only great at cathing the ball, they are even more dangerous with the ball in their hands. When Harrison gets the ball over the middle he goes down (think Reggie's fetal position yesterday), when Andre gets the ball in the middle of the field, he's looking for the endzone (TD against the Panthers: on one else on our team would have scored on that play). Thats why he is so valuable.

I hear you... I was playing devil's advocate. Beleive me, I need no convincing. :fans:

Speedy
11-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Interesting stat.

WITH Andre Johnson, the Texans are 3-0 and average 110.3 a game RUSHING.

Without AJ, 2-5 and 84.8.

hookinreds
11-19-2007, 04:13 PM

This also the reason we should see the quick hit to AJ with one on one becuase of what he can do to a DB that gives to big of a cushion before or after being burned. And if you don't think that takes a ton off the mind of your QB, you would be mistaken. (not you personally)

El Amigo Invisible
11-19-2007, 04:20 PM

Boo!Ouch!

Texan_Bill
11-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Interesting stat.

I think thats 'more' than interesting.......

Yankee_In_TX
11-19-2007, 06:28 PM
BTW, should I make another "mark this down" thread? Maybe that we WON'T make the playoffs? LOL :fans:

awtysst
11-19-2007, 06:45 PM
BTW, should I make another "mark this down" thread? Maybe that we WON'T make the playoffs? LOL :fans:

Well played sir, well played!
:texan:

Malloy
11-20-2007, 04:59 AM
Interesting stat.

Problems at runningback AND QB might have something to do with those stats too.

Yankee_In_TX
11-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Problems at runningback AND QB might have something to do with those stats too.

But the point of the thread (which I was wrong about), we have the same OL and RB problems we had 3 weeks ago.

Vinny
11-20-2007, 09:22 AM
Interesting stat.

Johnson is a true "difference maker" and one of the top offensive players in the league. He changes how teams have to scheme you. Excellent thread Yankee!

Malloy
11-20-2007, 10:28 AM
(which I was wrong about)

You don't have to rub it in anymore, I for one won't hold it against you that you spoke your mind and were wrong. I appreciate that stuff really :)